Page 207 of 207 FirstFirst ... 107157197203204205206207
Results 5,151 to 5,174 of 5174

Thread: The Official DPPt Recent Happenings Thread (Remade ~ READ THE FIRST POST OR ELSE)

With my team done, I went to the Battle Frontier and the Battle Tower once again. I entered with the team and continued from where I left off at battle #49. I won three more rounds, but then I lost in Battle #72 against a PI. They usually use stuff like OHKO moves, Quick Claw and other haxy stuff, which I don't like facing. I managed to set up Registeel and defeat his lead Bronzong, but I then got to face a Rhyperior which knew Horn Drill. While it didn't defeat Registeel, it did break its Substitute which lead to it being killed by Sheer Cold from the Articuno which was my opponent's last Pokemon. I then tried to stall with Latias a bit but got Frozen, and then Salamence didn't KO with Outrage and I lost.

Tried again, and this time I lost in Battle #50 against a Picknicker. She started with a Yanmega which unfortunately had Tinted Lens. It got two Critical Hits on Registeel which was enough to take it down, though it did get one Iron Head in which did about 50%. I defeated it with Salamence's Outrage afterwards, but Salamence fell to the Luxray that was sent out afterwards and Latias couldn't do anything to it.

Made another try which also is the farthest I have gotten so far. I lost in Battle #85 against a Dragon Tamer. He started with a Latios which I let Salamence set up against, at the cost of losing its Lum Berry, and I don't like having to Outrage against the first Pokemon without it. I defeated the Latios and the Dragonite that he also had, but Salamence got confused afterwards and hit itself instead of the Charizard it was up against. I sent out Latias but could only get off a Thunder Wave and one Charm before falling as it was Paralyzed from the Latios before. The Charizard's Flare Blitz was strong enough to break Registeel's Substitutes, and it ended up defeating me with Flare Blitz before I could defeat it with Iron Head.

I tried again, but lost embarassingly early in battle #39 against a Rich Boy. He leads with an Aerodactyl which froze Latias early. I managed to set up with Registeel against it, but I played badly against the Poliwrath that my opponent sent out afterwards and let it set up 4 Bulk Ups which made it harder to defeat. I defeated it but had no Substitute against the remaining Nidoqueen. It got a Critical Hit with Fire Punch on Registeel which defeated it, one more with Ice Punch against Latias. I use Earthquake with Salamence but it only does around 90% and it falls to an Ice Punch which also gets the third Critical Hit in a row.

While there was a rather large amount of hax involved in all of these battles, I could probably have won all of them if I had just played differently. But it's too late to do anything about that now. I will keep trying to win as I have a week of time left before the break date, but I will take a break after that independently of how it goes in the Battle Tower.

Pokécheck - undergoing Maintenance | Viv | VIP

I battled my Rival for the last time in one of the resorts (can't exactly remember :P). I've beat him so many times when I had Diamond. xD

Unfortunately, I lost Diamond. D: So I couldn't battle my Rival anymore

SHINIES

DRAGON EGGS

Click on the Egg/Dragon to help me grow them!
    You can make your own at www.dragcave.net!

Spoiler:- New Beginnings:

Spoiler:- First Steps:
    Last edited by EspNeon; 16th May 2014 at 1:08 PM.
    Pokemon Platinum

Badges: 4

Default Defeated Roark

• Found Roark
    • Defeated Him
    • Evolved Chimchar
    • Got a Monferno
    • Defeated the Plasma Goons at Jubilife

Continued trying in the Battle Tower today, but it didn't go very well. In fact, my results from today are the worst ever. I lost twice in the fifth round, embarrassingly early again, even worse than last time. I haven't been using my usual team for the first five rounds, but rather my old team which I have been using to go through as quickly as possible and then changing to my real team in round 6 and up. I lost the first time in battle #33 against a Togekiss, and then the second time in battle #35 against a Lanturn and a Kingdra. There wasn't really any large amount of hax involved either, just really bad playing from my side. I have never lost this early before, though I'm also a bit surprised it hasn't happened before as I know my early-round team isn't good. It's almost unbelievable that it got me up to the second battle against Palmer twice and won both times. But I have decided to change this team now, it just isn't good enough anymore, and never really was either. So I will continue tomorrow, but with another team for the first five rounds, hopefully one that doesn't lose at all.

• Went to Floraroma
    • Defeated Galactic goons
    • Went to Eterna Forest
    • Got to Eterna City
    • Defeated the Leader
    • Defeated Galactic goons once again
    • Got the bicycle.

Made another try at the Battle Tower today. Used a somewhat different team to win the first five rounds. I used the same Suicune that I have always used, but I swapped the Weavile and Latias that I usually use for a Salamence and Blissey. Not sure if it changed much, but at least I won these five rounds. After that, I switched to my regular team and started battling to the top once more...

...And I made it all the way. 10 more rounds, 70 battles, ending at a total win streak of 105. I almost can't believe that I made it, it is now finally over and I'm so happy about making it all the way through. It is such a big relief that I can't put it down in words. It feels like a huge burden has been lifted from me, like a thousand Golurk that stood on my shoulders and now have flown away. It wasn't all easy though, there were quite a few tough and close battles along the way. But it doesn't matter anymore, I did it. There was also a strange thing that happened towards the end. In battle #101, I got to face a trainer with a complete garbage team consisting of Bellossom, Lairon and Misdreavus instead of the usually tougher Pokemon. It was almost as if the game told me: "Congrats, you have won 100 battles in a row, here is a super easy battle as a reward." I have no idea why it happened but it is both strange and interesting.

I am more satisfied with the real rewards I got. I finally got the last upgrade to my Trainer Card, giving me the fifth and last star as well as coloring it black. I also got a Gold Trophy that I can use in my Secret Base, might actually go down to the Underground and redecorate it soon. I am also pretty much probably completely and permanently done with the Battle Tower now. I have no desire to continue my streak, just like in the other facilities. I don't need any more BP either, my shenanigans in the Frontier have given me over 1000 in total and I can't see myself spending them on anything. I still have a few days left before my time is out, so I will make some more tries at the Battle Factory even if I highly doubt I will be able to get my last Gold Print in this short period of time.
    Last edited by Winter02; 17th May 2014 at 11:43 PM.

I decided to start a platinum nuzlocke since I really want to get back into platinum. I missed 2 encounters but I'm in Oreburgh gate and this is my team so far
    Terraferma the turtwig lv 10
    Midgeon the starly lv 12
    Bonny the shinx lv 10
    Quackubble the psyduck lv 6
    Slaves
    Ginnie the bidoof lv 2

Pokemon fan girl since 1999 =D
    Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

After my last post, I made a few more tries at the Battle Factory. While I obviously didn't make it all the way to Thorton in battle #49 for a rematch, I did manage to break my previous record. I made it past round 5 and won the first battle in round 6, landing on a new record of 36 battles won in a row, which I'm happy about. But that was a while ago. On May 22nd, I decided to take a break from Platinum, the reason I did it on just that day was because it was then exactly 5 years since I got the game. While I am taking a break from the game now, I fully intend to return to it at some point in the future (later this year at the very earliest) and give the Battle Factory another try, then I will not give up until I have my fifth and final Gold Print.

I got everyone to lv 10 and Bonny, Terraferma, and Aquabble to lv 13. After that I beat Roark with no losses, then I got flash, beat the galactic grunts, got to Floraroma town, and caught a buizel which I named Ruth
    Current team
    Terraferma the turtwig lv 14
    Midgeon the starly lv 13
    Aquaubble the psyduck lv 14
    Bonny the shinx lv 13
    Jerry the geodude lv 13
    Victoria the ponyta lv 12
    New reserve
    Ruth the buizel lv 9

Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

Spoiler:- Frolicking In The Forest:
    Pokemon Platinum

Badges: 4

I got through victory road but in the process Jaime the alakazam and Cherup the roserade died >.> So I'm going to use Victoria the rapidash and Kristof the gastly instead.

Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

As I started to play Pokemon Platinum, I went to choose the boy character and have Turtwig as my starter. We will have a great start, and we actually did, beating my rival, Barry, and his Chimchar. Chimchar, giving 1 Spd EV when KO'd, can help Turtwig's slow Spd Stat. As I continue on, I head towards Sandgem Town with my new Pokemon.

SHINIES

DRAGON EGGS

I'm training up my team to beat Volkner after about two,three months of failing against Cyrus.I'm also trying to hatch my Riolu egg.Part of me is hoping I find a shiny like I did in White and Y.I also tried to do a contest with my Toxicroak,but raged quit when another person got the max star thing.(Platinum)
    TEAM:
    Toaden-Toxicroak:Level 55
    Vixen-Rapidash:Level 53
    Bicker-Staraptor:Level 41
    Ghosty-Haunter:Level 44
    Franklin-Torterra:Level 41
    Valemont-Floatzel:Level 41
    Claimer of Inigo,dancing swordsman.
    "The time you jumped out from that waterfall nearly gave me a waterfall in my pants!"-Inigo,Fire Emblem:Awakening

I decided it would be much easier to battle Roark by training to the best level that I can with my Turtwig and Starly. Surprisingly, I did, and actually managed to evolve them both, and they were still under the level limit that they would obey me. It was pretty easy to sweep through Roark and his Trainers in his gym, and I had beat the first gym of Pokemon Platinum. As I went on with the journey, having to help the poor little girl at Route 205, east of Floroma Town, with her father trapped in the Valley Windworks Factory. I went in there, and as my Grotle and Staravia were pretty strong, I went through all the Galactic Grunts. However, as I approached Mars and the scientist with her, I had realized at the beginning of my battle with Mars, that Staravia was badly damaged, and was also Paralyzed. I couldn't do anything about it, either if I healed or not Staravia would be KO'd. Mars KO'd Staravia, but I managed to KO her back with Grotle. However, she used her next Pokemon to finish me off. I tried again, and defeated her, saving the little girl's father.

SHINIES

DRAGON EGGS

I decided to play through the pearl I had bought recently. I chose Chimchar as my starter and nicknamed it Zuko. I decided to trade an eevee and a ditto from my diamond version so when I got far enough in the game I could breed my own eevee so I could nickname it and be the ot. I just started towards jublife city.
    - Obtained at 5701soft resets
    Leaf green re count:540
    happy to trade. white fc: 0734 2476 0668 SSBB fc: 3308 6572 9381
    3ds friend code: 2466 2806 3978
    Former Admin pidgeotto from dueling network.
    heam my cream.

shiny hunts in progress:
    4520 srs
    340 srs
    60 mm eggs for chikorita
    120 encounters on route 210

Restarted Diamond yesterday, and my goodness i'd actually forgotten how s.l.o.w this game is. The first 30 minutes of gameplay - up to reaching Jubilife City, were an absolute chore to get through and the battle engine is unbearably tedious at times (especially when grinding). It's ironic then that Diamond is probably the Pokemon game out of all I own that I have restarted the most times. Platinum was definitely an improvement over D/P in many (if not all) regards, yet i've only ever played through my copy of that game once.

In terms of recent happenings, I started with Chimchar and have done everything that can be done in and around Jubilife City such as receiving the Poketch, visiting the Trainers' School and receiving an Old Rod, so i'm now about to venture east towards Oreburgh City with a solid party of 4 Pokemon. I feel it is worth mentioning that i've decided to build a party based on my first Diamond team from 2007 which I sadly erased to start a new file some years back. Their genders already aren't matching those of their forebearers thanks to the Chimchar I chose being female the first time round, but if i'm being picky about that then I should perhaps be doing so about their natures and future movesets too (details of which I would be sad to have remembered anyway!).

Current team (Levels 5 - 9):
    Chimchar
    Starly
    Shinx
    Budew

Anticipated future team:
    Infernape
    Staraptor
    Luxray
    Roserade
    Floatzel
    Mr. Mime
    ... and others in rotation.
    Last edited by Blazing Charmander; 27th June 2014 at 1:31 PM.

I can't double post, so I won't write every single thing that happened. Here it goes.

I got most of my Pokemon leveled up to 50 as of now. Strange right? It is strange because every single gym leader can't even lay a hit on me. I went to capture some more Pokemon to my team, and I got a Ralts, for Special Moves, and Bidoof, as my HM Slave. I went over to the Great Marsh to find a Yanma, and luckily I did. I then went to evolve the recent captured Pokemon and catch them up to my Torterra, Staraptor, and Floatzel, the main leaders of my teams. My team then became a "finished team," but then I'm hoping to find an Eevee, but boggling my head to either make it a Flareon, Vaporeon, or Leafeon.

SHINIES

DRAGON EGGS

I caught a starly to use on my team. I decided to name it Xerxes after the peters falcon from family guy. When my Monferno reached level 14 I decided to face the first gym leader. It wasn't all that tough as my Monferno had learned Mach Punch. Later I received a dusk ball. I thought I would try and catch an Abra. When it was dark I went to one of the routes outside of Jublife and threw the dusk ball at the first Abra that I found. It was female and I decided to nickname it Sabrina.
    heam my cream.

shiny hunts in progress:
    4520 srs
    340 srs
    60 mm eggs for chikorita

I went over to Iron Island to train, and also getting egg containing Riolu from Riley. After the explosion of one of the lakes, I went to each of the lakes, also having to go up in Snowpoint City and get the Icicle Badge. I then went to the Galactic HQ to release the captured Mesprit, Azelf, and Uxie. Later, I went to go find where Cyrus planned his "new world" up in Mt. Coronet.

SHINIES

DRAGON EGGS

Since last time I have earned my first two league badges and made a few additions to my team. I prepared well for the battle against Roark by training my team, during which time Chimchar evolved into Monferno and learned the useful Mach Punch move. However, Monferno actually found herself sidelined for the battle due to Budew sweeping aside all three of Roark's Pokemon with surprising ease. Just as I was about to switch her out for Monferno to finish off Cranidos, she busted out a Critical Hit Mega Drain attack!

On the road from Oreburgh to Eterna City via Floaroma Town, I caught a Kricketot and Buizel for my team while Starly and Shinx as well as Kricketot evolved into their respective next stages. I also did a fair amount of Berry farming along the way to ensure that i'd be well stocked for the journey ahead. Upon reaching Eterna City I challenged Gardenia using Staravia, Kricketune and Monferno. Staravia swept Cherubi aside with ease, Kricketune chipped away at Turtwig's defences until the point of submission with Fury Cutter, and Monferno overwhelmed Roserade with Flame Wheel. Easy peasy. After receiving my badge, I threw Team Galactic out of town and used my new Cut HM to explore the Old Chateau in Eterna Forest. Whilst there I caught a Gastly which I aim to use in rotation on my team. In fact, I intend to have a Pokemon representing each available type in my team rotation by the end of my playthrough. I finished off my session today by planting more berries and slathering every Honey Tree in my vicinity with Honey in hopes of luring rare Pokemon.

Current team (Levels 16 - 22):
    Monferno
    Staravia
    Luxio
    Budew
    Kricketune
    Buizel

In reserve:
    Gastly

I went up towards the peak of Mt. Coronet, defeating my way past the Team Galactic Grunts. As I got there, I battled with Barry to face against Jupiter and Mars. We started off with my Torterra and his Munchlax, but because they started inflicting some amount of damage, including with Torterra Burned, I switched over to my Staraptor, having Muchlax taking all of the damage, then fainting later on. Barry sent out his Staraptor, and we finished off the rest of Jupiter and Mars. I went up to approach Cyrus calling out Azelf, Uxie, Mesprit, Dialga, and Palkia. Girintina came up scaring Cyrus, and Cynthia comes along as the portal to the Distortion World opens. I went in there, only taking around 7-8 mins to complete the puzzle in there. I went up to Girintina, saving before the battle, and I however KO'd Girintina, then tried again two times. The second time I decided to take a break from trying to catch Giritina, but the third time I managed to get him.

SHINIES

DRAGON EGGS

I defeated the second gym leader. My team is now level 27. I decided to breed an Eevee until I hatched a female one and I nicknamed it Katara. When I hatched a female eevee I used a water stone that I traded over from my diamond version to evolve eevee into a vaporeon.
    heam my cream.

shiny hunts in progress:
    4520 srs
    340 srs
    60 mm eggs for chikorita

I caught a Gabite for a new addition to my team to face the Pokemon League. And yet I did. I am pretty proud of myself. I then went over to the Battle Frontier to try it out, and I started out at the Battle Hall with my Torterra; only managing to make it past one type though. I tried again, and we are making progress. I decided now it's time to find a shiny, and so I am soft resetting for a Shiny Uxie. Gonna be a hard challenge, wish me luck. >.<

SHINIES

DRAGON EGGS

Page 207 of 207 FirstFirst ... 107157197203204205206207