Page 101 of 180 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,525 of 4494

Thread: Official Help Thread (Upgraded - READ FIRST POST BEFORE YOU POST)

SkittyOnWailord is offline ☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣

Quote Originally Posted by Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior View Post
    Bibarel is my fave HM Slave choice.

Btw, I'm thinking of raising a baton-passer Eevee, I hatched one I am pretty happy with, except for the HP. I was wondering, should I still use it?

HP: 4-5
    ATK: 16-17
    DEF: 8-9
    Sp.ATK: 31
    Sp.Def: 26-27
    Speed: 30-31

The Special ATK is flawless, the Speed is very high, the Sp.Def is average, but the HP is low...opinions?
    It depends. Which evolution are you going to use? And what will you be passing?
    なにがでるかな!?

I'm here, I'm furry, And I'll try not to shed. =^_^=

Chimecho👉🎐 Octillery👉🐙 Piplup👉🐧 Omanyte👉🐚 Scolipede👉🐛 Wailord👉🐳 Lumineon👉🐠 Torkoal👉🐢 Pidove👉🐤 Skitty👉🐱

I'll be using an Espeon, and I will probably be passing a Calm Mind onto my Houndoom.

I know it's recommended as a timid nature, but this one is female so it fits in with the nickname I'm planning, and it has those good IVs (Except for HP...)
    Your banner was too big, so it was removed. This is your 5th strike, so your entire signature was removed, you were banned for 3 weeks, and will lose signature privileges shortly. Do not edit your signature anymore. Please remember to read the signature rules and get your signature checked if you need help.

I really should know this, but:

I have, say, a Lv. 1 Happiny. I want to give it Special Defence EVs without levelling it up so it can KO Pokémon itself. I send it out against a Wormadam, which gives two Sp. Def EVs. I then switch in another Pokémon which knocks out Wormadam. Does Happiny still get both EVs, or are they shared out? If they're shared out, what if the KOed Pokémon only gives 1 EV? And how do power items work in this scenario?

Also, while I'm here: I have two Timid Vulpixes. One has 24 and 22 IVs in Special Attack and Speed respectively. The other has 14 and 28. Which one should I EV train?

The 24 and 22 Vulpix seems more balanced. If they're different genders, breed them though!

As for EVs, both pokemon would get 2 EVs, dunno about power items though.

Also, still need answer about my Espeon
    Your banner was too big, so it was removed. This is your 5th strike, so your entire signature was removed, you were banned for 3 weeks, and will lose signature privileges shortly. Do not edit your signature anymore. Please remember to read the signature rules and get your signature checked if you need help.

Quote Originally Posted by R. New View Post
    I really should know this, but:

I have, say, a Lv. 1 Happiny. I want to give it Special Defence EVs without levelling it up so it can KO Pokémon itself. I send it out against a Wormadam, which gives two Sp. Def EVs. I then switch in another Pokémon which knocks out Wormadam. Does Happiny still get both EVs, or are they shared out? If they're shared out, what if the KOed Pokémon only gives 1 EV? And how do power items work in this scenario?

Also, while I'm here: I have two Timid Vulpixes. One has 24 and 22 IVs in Special Attack and Speed respectively. The other has 14 and 28. Which one should I EV train?
    Both Pokémon get 2 EVs. All Pokémon that gain experience from the battle gain all the EVs. Power items will come into play, and increase it to 6 EVs on Happiny. You'd be doing even better with Pokérus--that battle would give you 12 EVs.

I won't force my inexperienced opinion on you with the Vulpix training. You would do better to wait for somebody that does this more often.
    Owner of the Nintendo Club
    and the newly-remade Super Smash Bros. Brawl Club!
    Old members rejoin! New members welcome!

AerialAce! and Zink - Smash Brothers
    [AerialAce! was formerly known as Burninator]

Quote Originally Posted by R. New View Post
    I'd train the first one. But obviously you wouldn't listen to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    I'd train the first one. But obviously you wouldn't listen to me.
    Sorry, did you say something? I wasn't listening.

I'll train the first one, seeing as 3 people have told me to. Thanks for the EV help too.

By how much would an Occa Berry reduce the damage I take from a suoer effective fire attack?
    INgamename:Ashley(The guy looked a little off to me)
    FC: 4596 6533 2380

will it take me forever if im trying to get a modest houndour with a characteristic for special attack?

Quote Originally Posted by RedPeppers View Post
    By how much would an Occa Berry reduce the damage I take from a suoer effective fire attack?
    It will reduce the attack by 50%.

Quote Originally Posted by pokenoob44 View Post
    will it take me forever if im trying to get a modest houndour with a characteristic for special attack?
    There isn't any certain amount of time, it's random. If you have luck, you'll get it soon, if you don't, then it will take some time. Just be patient and you'll get what you want.
    Last edited by Mega Weavile; 26th June 2008 at 9:03 PM.
    no sig for a while

Quote Originally Posted by pokenoob44 View Post
    I've bred pokemon in minutes like my Eevee, but Gligar took four days, it's random.

Best thing to do is get a female modest houndour/doom, give it an everstone and breed it with a non-ditto.

This has been bugging me....
    Say I have a Donphan using EQ on an Infernape....What is the base power counting the STAB and everything?

Credit to zhanton
    Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    omg Larry is on! i can now sleep in peace knowing he is ok!

Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    This has been bugging me....
    Say I have a Donphan using EQ on an Infernape....What is the base power counting the STAB and everything?
    I think it's 100x2x1.5=300

300 is right 100 x 1.5 x 2 = 300

Balance.Power.Destruction
    (credit to Skiyomi for awsome images)

First Shiny Hunt:

46 Hatches In

Um... I have two questions... First of all.. this is a nooby question... HOW DO I GET A SUPER ROD?

Thanks... Question #1 answered

and secondly, how can I go to the Full Moon and New Moon Islands? I finished E4 and I completed the entire National Dex... Now what? The ferry at Canalave City says I can only go to Iron Island <_< I've been playing Pokemon Pearl for 48 straight hours and I can't find a way to go to the Islands.

Thanks to Kyogre35 for answering both questions
    Last edited by Bronucks_Darkrai; 26th June 2008 at 10:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronucks_Darkrai View Post
    Um... I have two questions... First of all.. this is a nooby question... HOW DO I GET A SUPER ROD?

and secondly, how can I go to the Full Moon and New Moon Islands? I finished E4 and I completed the entire National Dex... Now what? The ferry at Canalave City says I can only go to Iron Island <_< I've been playing Pokemon Pearl for 48 straight hours and I can't find a way to go to the Islands.
    The Super Rod is in the Battle Island right by were you enter by boat go straight up and you'll see a Fisherman.

And Full Moon Island go to Canalave city and go to the Sea Port and talk to the fisherman there and then you'll go to Full Moon Island.

And New Moon Island isn't avalible to you. Its and event.

First Shiny Hunt:

46 Hatches In

I talked to the Fisherman but all he says is:

"Would you like to set sail?" And then I have two options. One is going to Iron Island. The other is not sailing at all...

Bronucks Darkrai-You go inside the house right near him and talk to the boy in the bed.

That's it.....

First Shiny Hunt:

46 Hatches In

Alright thanks...

I have another question...

I really want to get into the Pal Park. I have the GBA Pokemon Leaf Green version. I finished the game. My question is, how do I migrate Pokemon from my Leaf Green version to my Pearl so I can participate in the event?

Alright.. I booted up the GBA Leaf Green... All it has is Continue and New Game..

Nevermind!!! I was suppose to boot up Pokemon Pearl!!! Thanks for answering my question again Kyogre
    Last edited by Bronucks_Darkrai; 26th June 2008 at 11:34 PM.

^^ When you boot up the game, on the screen that says Continue, DON't instead go to Migrate from Leafgreen in your case.

You pick 6 Pokemon and you go to the Pal Park.

First Shiny Hunt:

46 Hatches In

Ok, I got 2 questions here.
    I know the Sleep Talk TM is in Eterna Forest, but where exactly is it in there? I've searched all over but I can't find it!
    And where is the Stone Edge TM?
    Diamond FC- 2407 6955 1458

Quote Originally Posted by Flamesand View Post
    Ok, I got 2 questions here.
    I know the Sleep Talk TM is in Eterna Forest, but where exactly is it in there? I've searched all over but I can't find it!
    And where is the Stone Edge TM?
    You have to go into Eterna Forest after you get the Eterna Badge.

And Stone Edge is in Victory Road.

First Shiny Hunt:

46 Hatches In

Quote Originally Posted by Lostelle View Post
    Altaria (I'm assuming you aren't wanting to use a Swablu forever) might be best used as a dragon dancer.

72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Speed, and toss some physical attacks on it. Jolly would probably be best.

I used Leafeon as a somewhat bulky physical attacker, but he's still a little slow in the end (Choice Scarf might help). It might be better to use him as a Swords Dance passer. Jolly for sure, to increase your chances of outrunning anything.

Another EV spread from Smogon!: 132 HP / 160 Atk / 216 Speed

(Sorry, I'm not feeling creative enough to come up with some original EV's right now.)
    Actually, it's already an Altaria... but anyway, I trained it because it was shiny, and Careful was the nature I got. I know I want to specialize in HP, Sp. Def., and Atk. I'm just not sure about how to distribute it.

Thanks for the advice for Leafeon, though. I'll use that.
    These are my fanfics. Read them. Or not, whatever.
    Pokemon Generations: Satsumi's Journey (Chapter 2 Now Up!)
    My Fanfiction.net Profile

This is my Tumblr. Read it if you are so inclined.
    The Philosophy of Shipping (shipdr.tumblr.com)

How exactly does stat passing work?

From my (probably incorrect) understanding, it's when you use a stat boosting move and then use Baton Pass and then the pokemon that comes in gets the stat boost.

Am I right or horribly wrong?

EDIT: Also, does anyone have an "anti-hacking" banner thing I can put in my sig?
    FR Scramble Progress: Started 8/03__ Em Scramble Progress: Started 7/16____ WiFi Team (on the way)

Spoiler:- Current SR Projects:

Quote Originally Posted by iamnotiangibson View Post
    How exactly does stat passing work?

From my (probably incorrect) understanding, it's when you use a stat boosting move and then use Baton Pass and then the pokemon that comes in gets the stat boost.

Am I right or horribly wrong?

EDIT: Also, does anyone have an "anti-hacking" banner thing I can put in my sig?

That's excatlly right. If you use Agility and then use Baton Pass the next Pokemon will get the effects of Agility.

First Shiny Hunt:

46 Hatches In

Page 101 of 180 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151 ... LastLast