Page 2 of 180 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Help Thread (Upgraded - READ FIRST POST BEFORE YOU POST)

Where do you get HM04 Strength?

So going to EV Train that one. :P

The Prevolve League! Join today!

Quote Originally Posted by halcyonXlll View Post
    No, i've just checked and Counter/Mirror Coat fails whilst a Substitute is taking the blows.

.. And I was wondering why I couldn't find the Help Thread in my subscriptions, I hadn't realized it was remade xD

I have a question that can hopefully be answered in time as I am training it now, but is there a higher leveled trainer in the game that would be good for training my Ninjask on?
    It is nearly done, at Lv. 88, but everything worth battling that I come across seems to resist it's only attack - Bug Bite :P
    I was going to try fighting the Cacturne on route 228, but they keep getting me with Sucker Punch..
    So yeah, are there any good trainers for a bug to battle, like those that have an abundance of Psychic or Dark Pokémon? :O
    (outside of the Elite 4)
    Id suggest finding a trainer that has Chansey or Blissey- Im not sure exactly if there is one (check gamefaqs- i think they have a complete guide that you can Ctrl+F search for it) and from my experience they give you bar none the most non-boosted exp. in game. If you have a Lucky Egg or your Ninjask is traded you can stack that onto the massive gain. Again I am unsure if you can find them on trainers in game.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Price View Post
    Where do you get HM04 Strength?
    You can find HM04 in the Ghost Pokemon Tower just barely south of Solaceon Town, which is the town with the breeding center. You must traverse to the top of the tower and speak with both of the old ladies at the peak floor of the tower, which they reward you with the HM04 and some sort of incense.

Quote Originally Posted by mew.. View Post
    is ice punch good for metagross(no it doesn't have thunderpunch, but he has ice punch)
    Its decent although in OU play TPunch is better. Ice Punch gives Meta a good shot at taking out some Ground types(barring Hippowdon and a few others that have solid HP and Def) and is a good suprise for anyone who throws Dragons out to take out your Meta with a Quake, although Meta is generally going to have to take a Quake without some agility play in there.
    Last edited by NoDice; 16th April 2008 at 4:25 AM.
    3DS Friend Code:
    1590-4688-8478
    Add me for Friend Safari!
    Send a PM with your Friend Code to confirm!

First of all, thanks for editing the first page

Quote Originally Posted by halcyonXlll View Post
    No, i've just checked and Counter/Mirror Coat fails whilst a Substitute is taking the blows.

.. And I was wondering why I couldn't find the Help Thread in my subscriptions, I hadn't realized it was remade xD

I have a question that can hopefully be answered in time as I am training it now, but is there a higher leveled trainer in the game that would be good for training my Ninjask on?
    It is nearly done, at Lv. 88, but everything worth battling that I come across seems to resist it's only attack - Bug Bite :P
    I was going to try fighting the Cacturne on route 228, but they keep getting me with Sucker Punch..
    So yeah, are there any good trainers for a bug to battle, like those that have an abundance of Psychic or Dark Pokémon? :O
    (outside of the Elite 4)
    Only Bug Bite? You can try a trainer in the end of route 215 (Rainy area, the first female trainer you see if you go through Veilstone.) She uses a Lv 60 Alakazam (and a Lv 60 Purugly - who can Fake Out). But outside these, I'm not sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by STUD View Post
    Does anyone know if Counter or Mirror Coat works when you have a Substitute up? Ive never used that combonation of moves before so I was wondering if someone could clear that up for me.
    Mirror Coat and Counter damage are both based on the numbers the opponent decreased in Pokémon's HP directly. The Pokémon loses no HP because of Sub, no Mirror Coat/Counter damage ;D
    The same applies for Life Orb and Focus Punch.

Life Orb boosts your attack and S.atk per 30% and deals 10% damage to yourself if the opponent's Pokémon lost HP. So if you attacked a Sub, the opponent's Pokémon loses no HP, which means, Life Orb won't do the 10% recoil.
    the case of Focus Punch is similar. Pokémon won't use Focus Punch if it loses 1 or more HP directly. in a sub, this can't happen, so no HP loss means Focus Punch in opponent's face!
    Last edited by Volteon; 16th April 2008 at 4:50 AM.
    Main - 3953 9242 6081
    Paired with the wonder called GoldenHouou! HELLYAHSHESBACK! =D
    "Team Galatic Nap Room"
    "Ensure the bed is unoccupied before getting into it!"
    Banner and Avatar by Shuam!

how do you know how much item increase? like the plates for example how can you tell how much they increase a type of move? where does it say? or a twistedspoon, how do you telll?
    Spoiler alert! Your banner was TOO BIG ~ The maximum size is 46800 pixels silly~! Read the signature rules.

Quote Originally Posted by ront View Post
    how do you know how much item increase? like the plates for example how can you tell how much they increase a type of move? where does it say? or a twistedspoon, how do you telll?
    IIRC, all plates and power-up items (apart from the choice items) boost up the power by 10%.

if i save before the girl of the swarms, and i talk to her and she says its absol and then i reset the game will it change?

Quote Originally Posted by ~Heaven Help Us~ View Post
    if i save before the girl of the swarms, and i talk to her and she says its absol and then i reset the game will it change?
    i dont think so because that is your swarm of the day...

Credit to zhanton
    Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    omg Larry is on! i can now sleep in peace knowing he is ok!

Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    i dont think so because that is your swarm of the day...
    okay thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ront View Post
    Forget what Aaraeus said, Plates raise 20%. ;D

Power Band raises physical moves by 10%.
    Wise Glasses raises special moves by 10%.
    Plates and the specific items (like Charcoal, NeverMeltIce, Mystic Water) raises moves of specific type by 20%.
    Life Orb raises Attack and Special attack by 30% (in exchange to 10% of your health each turn you do damage to opponent).
    Choice Band raises attack by 50% in exchange to lock you into one move.
    Choice Specs raises S.attack by 50% in exchange to lock you into one move.
    .... same for Choice Scarf....

That's all I can think of.
    My queation is thick fat better for Snorlax?
    Yup! Poison can be easly negated by Rest, which Snorlax uses very well, so getting important resistences IS important.
    Main - 3953 9242 6081
    "Team Galatic Nap Room"

Quote Originally Posted by ~Heaven Help Us~ View Post
    you can change your swarm by doing this-

Talk to the girl (anytime of the day).
    The swarm isnt to your liking? Save. Turn off DS.
    Set your DS clock to 23:59 (11:59 PM).
    Start it up as fast as you can- wait until the clock hits 00:00 or(12:00AM)
    Talk to the girl.
    Still not the swarm you want? Repeat steps.
    3DS Friend Code:
    1590-4688-8478

Quote Originally Posted by STUD View Post
    you can change your swarm by doing this-

Talk to the girl (anytime of the day).
    The swarm isnt to your liking? Save. Turn off DS.
    Set your DS clock to 23:59 (11:59 PM).
    Start it up as fast as you can- wait until the clock hits 00:00 or(12:00AM)
    Talk to the girl.
    Still not the swarm you want? Repeat steps.
    yeah, but thats what most do, however do make sure you change the day back one, so that you don't end up on the 27th november in the middle of july.

Quote Originally Posted by Volteon View Post
    Forget what Aaraeus said, Plates raise 20%. ;D

Power Band raises physical moves by 10%.
    Wise Glasses raises special moves by 10%.
    Plates and the specific items (like Charcoal, NeverMeltIce, Mystic Water) raises moves of specific type by 20%.
    Life Orb raises Attack and Special attack by 30% (in exchange to 10% of your health each turn you do damage to opponent).
    Choice Band raises attack by 50% in exchange to lock you into one move.
    Choice Specs raises S.attack by 50% in exchange to lock you into one move.
    .... same for Choice Scarf....

That's all I can think of.
    EDIT:Rank up!
    Yup! Poison can be easly negated by Rest, which Snorlax uses very well, so getting important resistences IS important.
    You did make it seem a little like Choice Scarf raises Sp.atk.....
    and you got promoted because now the Help Thread No.1 was closed and not deleted.Just a little hint.You probably knew that already.

Anyway,my question.Would it be like a "neutral" nature if my pokemon had bad Iv's in one stat but the same stat was boosted by a nature?Because someone said that having bad Iv's is having a -nature in that stat.
    [IMG]http://i26.*******.com/10neu7p.png[/IMG]
    Credit to mielad2 for Chariken!

Riversong made the userbar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yonowaru In Chaos
    ...and how the pokemon only faints and doesn't die from its stomach being 500m away from its lungs.

Are we able to ask about EV training on this thread?
    Honk if you prefer the Japanese version to the English dub!

Quote Originally Posted by runka View Post
    You did make it seem a little like Choice Scarf raises Sp.atk.....
    and you got promoted because now the Help Thread No.1 was closed and not deleted.Just a little hint.You probably knew that already.
    I wrote that O.o So, yup, I knew =p
    Anyway,my question.Would it be like a "neutral" nature if my pokemon had bad Iv's in one stat but the same stat was boosted by a nature?Because someone said that having bad Iv's is having a -nature in that stat.
    Taking Salamence as example...
    It's highest speed stat is 299, with 31 IV, 0 Nature (or Neutral nature) and 252 EVs.
    Highest speed with -Nature and the same conditions is 269.

Now Highest speed with 0IV, 0 Nature and 252 EVs is 267, which is worst than negative nature.

So in most cases, they are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cartoonami View Post
    prefer the EV thread (unsticky), but if you're needing help, this is the general thread
    Main - 3953 9242 6081
    "Team Galatic Nap Room"

You might as well.

WHAT? The old Help Thread's been undeleted? I didn't know they could do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    You might as well.
    Kay. So, how do we know when we've done enough EV training for a Pokemon? To do it for 99 levels would be redundant, right?

Is there a way to tell when a Pokemon's stats have maxed out from EV training?
    Honk if you prefer the Japanese version to the English dub!

Kay. So, how do we know when we've done enough EV training for a Pokemon? To do it for 99 levels would be redundant, right?

Is there a way to tell when a Pokemon's stats have maxed out from EV training?
    510 EVs is the max. If you go to Sunyshore Market (not Pokémart but the one with the Seals) someone there will give the 'mon in the top slot of your party an Effort Ribbon if its EVs are maxed.

You must keep track of the EVs to know when the Pokémon has full EVs in a specific stat.

... or the most pratic way (the one I use) is counting PPs while battling always with the same Pokémon (and also considering it always OHKOs). Let's say you gave the Pokémon 100 EVs from vitamins and everytime you beat Magikarp you get 5 EVs, so to reach 255 EVs you'll need to battle with 31 Magikarps, so losing 31 PPs of a move (or losing 15 PPs twice + 1 battle, wich means two visits to Pokémon Center).

Excluding counting, there're no ways to tell how many EVs a Pokémon has.

When you reach the full amount of EVs (510) a woman in Seal Market will give the Pokémon a Effort Ribbon.
    Main - 3953 9242 6081
    "Team Galatic Nap Room"

You must keep track of the EVs to know when the Pokémon has full EVs in a specific stat.

... or the most pratic way (the one I use) is counting PPs while battling always with the same Pokémon (and also considering it always OHKOs). Let's say you gave the Pokémon 100 EVs from vitamins and everytime you beat Magikarp you get 5 EVs, so to reach 255 EVs you'll need to battle with 31 Magikarps, so losing 31 PPs of a move (or losing 15 PPs twice + 1 battle, wich means two visits to Pokémon Center).

Excluding counting, there're no ways to tell how many EVs a Pokémon has.

When you reach the full amount of EVs (510) a woman in Seal Market will give the Pokémon a Effort Ribbon.
    In Diamond or Pearl Gamefreak also included a handy little device, I think most of you have heard of it, called the Poke'tch. There are several apps on there that can help you keep track of EVs other than the pen and paper method and methods mentioned above by Volteon. I personally prefer the Counter app (has a plus button on it) and the Sketch Pad app, although the Sketch Pad resets when you switch apps and that could mess people up- but the Counter is great.
    3DS Friend Code:
    1590-4688-8478

Well, PPs aren't erased when you turn off the game. (and you don't need to tap the screen 60 times after a battle versus the Magikarp guy)
    So I prefer the PP count method.

But obviously, everyone can choose what to do. There're several ways to keep track of EVs.
    Main - 3953 9242 6081
    "Team Galatic Nap Room"

Well, PPs aren't erased when you turn off the game. (and you don't need to tap the screen 60 times after a battle versus the Magikarp guy)
    So I prefer the PP count method.

But obviously, everyone can choose what to do. There're several ways to keep track of EVs.
    Yep just throwin'em all out there.
    3DS Friend Code:
    1590-4688-8478

question: my swarm for today is cubone, when i start chaining them now, can i then continue tomorow?

Quote Originally Posted by jo_jr View Post
    question: my swarm for today is cubone, when i start chaining them now, can i then continue tomorow?
    If you are in the middle of chaining a Swarm Pokémon when the the time hits 24:00, then your chain will not break, and you can continue with it as normal.
    But, if your chain breaks after the day has passed over to the next, then the Swarm Pokémon will have changed.
    3DS Friend Code
    Halcyon: 3995-6536-7994

where is the name rater???
    The name rater is in Eterna City next to the Pokemart.

be sure to read the rules of every section before posting ;)

Little Miss Stalinist/Secret Al-Qaeda agents (i.e. Ellie) would be a ***** even if she was a conserative republican. What makes her the way she is happens to be the fact that the webmaster of this site let's her behave like this. (Of course, I would never make a liberal a staff member at any forum I'd be in charge of, regardless.)

How often/long does it take to get a hatched shiny from the breeding center? I've been breeding for months now (no SR) and have not gotten one hatched shiny.

Also, the everstone on the female pokemon will give a 50% chance of passing on the nature right? Then can someone explain to me why 80% of all the ones I've hatched so far do not have the same nature?

PROUD OWNER OF MANY 11TH MOVIE SHAYMINS

Page 2 of 180 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast