Page 3 of 180 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Help Thread (Upgraded - READ FIRST POST BEFORE YOU POST)

ok i REALLY need an answer to this one: How the HECK do u get to that stupid cave behind the waterfall in mt cornet?!!! its been driving me NUTS!!!!!!!!!!
    Starting a new book called "The Secret Diary of Jeremy Fox". PM me for info if u want.
    Name: Heartbreaker

Quote Originally Posted by Riverstar101 View Post
    ok i REALLY need an answer to this one: How the HECK do u get to that stupid cave behind the waterfall in mt cornet?!!! its been driving me NUTS!!!!!!!!!!
    you have to have the HM for waterfall...and a pokemon that can learn it.
    Last edited by Larry; 17th April 2008 at 12:24 AM.

Credit to zhanton
    Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    omg Larry is on! i can now sleep in peace knowing he is ok!

Quote Originally Posted by Kit-Tsukasa View Post
    How often/long does it take to get a hatched shiny from the breeding center? I've been breeding for months now (no SR) and have not gotten one hatched shiny.

Also, the everstone on the female pokemon will give a 50% chance of passing on the nature right? Then can someone explain to me why 80% of all the ones I've hatched so far do not have the same nature?
    A question with no definite answer.
    In total honesty, it could be anything to a certain extent. The chances of finding a Shiny through whatever means that isn't Poké Radar chaining is about 1/8192, but even with that in mind some have gotten a Shiny through SRing in under 20 resets, and some go well into the tens of thousands of resets.
    It could be the same with eggs:/

As for the Everstone thing.. It could be bad luck, or I heard that the trick doesn't work when you are breeding foreign Pokémon. I don't know for certain about that though...
    3DS Friend Code
    Halcyon: 3995-6536-7994

Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    you have to have the HM for waterfall...and a pokemon that can learn it.

DUH i know that! im not stupid...

i mean HOW do u get to the waterfall itself?!

--------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: GAH!!!!!!!!! i feel SOOOOOOOOOOOO stupid! ok, i found it, cancel the remark above......... =>_<= merrrrrowwwww.....
    Last edited by Riverstar101; 17th April 2008 at 1:06 AM. Reason: i feel stupid
    Starting a new book called "The Secret Diary of Jeremy Fox". PM me for info if u want.
    Name: Heartbreaker

Quote Originally Posted by halcyonXlll View Post
    A question with no definite answer.
    In total honesty, it could be anything to a certain extent. The chances of finding a Shiny through whatever means that isn't Poké Radar chaining is about 1/8192, but even with that in mind some have gotten a Shiny through SRing in under 20 resets, and some go well into the tens of thousands of resets.
    It could be the same with eggs:/

As for the Everstone thing.. It could be bad luck, or I heard that the trick doesn't work when you are breeding foreign Pokémon. I don't know for certain about that though...
    Looks like I really do have bad luck with shinies

As for the "foreign pokemon" part, foreign as in "Distant Land" pokemon or foreign as in foreign game cartridges, becase as far as I know, both my level 100 Espeon and Umbreon are in English, but both are Distant Land.

Quote Originally Posted by Riverstar101 View Post
    DUH i know that! im not stupid...

i mean HOW do u get to the waterfall itself?!
    Jasmine (from Johto) in Sunyshore City gives it to you. She's by the "beach" at the north end of the city. I believe you have to beat Sunyshore Gym first though. Not that it really matters since you can't use it without that badge.

PROUD OWNER OF MANY 11TH MOVIE SHAYMINS

Looks like I really do have bad luck with shinies

As for the "foreign pokemon" part, foreign as in "Distant Land" pokemon or foreign as in foreign game cartridges, becase as far as I know, both my level 100 Espeon and Umbreon are in English, but both are Distant Land.

Jasmine (from Johto) in Sunyshore City gives it to you. She's by the "beach" at the north end of the city. I believe you have to beat Sunyshore Gym first though. Not that it really matters since you can't use it without that badge.
    Foreign means eg. a Japanese Clefairy and a German Jigglypuff. I'm not even sure if it's true, but better be safe than sorry.

be sure to read the rules of every section before posting ;)

Little Miss Stalinist/Secret Al-Qaeda agents (i.e. Ellie) would be a ***** even if she was a conserative republican. What makes her the way she is happens to be the fact that the webmaster of this site let's her behave like this. (Of course, I would never make a liberal a staff member at any forum I'd be in charge of, regardless.)

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Emerald View Post
    Foreign means eg. a Japanese Clefairy and a German Jigglypuff. I'm not even sure if it's true, but better be safe than sorry.
    Well either way I'm not breeding any foreign pokemon aside from "Distant Land" ones, both of which are in English so they shouldn't have any effect right?

A new question, how do I determine which of my identical bred Eevees to get rid of, especially those with similar natures. I mean, I'm really out of room to put all my Timid Eevees and released my other "bad" Eevees long ago and I can't trade because my connection is firewalled while I'm at school for another month or so. Their stats are all the same (I'm keeping all females regardless though just for future trading purposes on GTS):
    HP: 12
    Atk: 5
    Def: 6
    Sp. Atk: 6
    Sp. Def: 6
    Speed: 6
    Nature Timid
    Level 1
    Genders: Male
    Moves: Tackle, Tail Whip, Helping Hand, Shadow Ball

Clearly the IV calculator on the main page doesn't help me since it's going to give me all the same results, but does that mean that no matter which one I level up/EV, the stat growths will all be the same and doesn't matter which one I release? Suggestions?

Well either way I'm not breeding any foreign pokemon aside from "Distant Land" ones, both of which are in English so they shouldn't have any effect right?

A new question, how do I determine which of my identical bred Eevees to get rid of, especially those with similar natures. I mean, I'm really out of room to put all my Timid Eevees and released my other "bad" Eevees long ago and I can't trade because my connection is firewalled while I'm at school for another month or so. Their stats are all the same (I'm keeping all females regardless though just for future trading purposes on GTS):
    HP: 12
    Atk: 5
    Def: 6
    Sp. Atk: 6
    Sp. Def: 6
    Speed: 6
    Nature Timid
    Level 1
    Genders: Male
    Moves: Tackle, Tail Whip, Helping Hand, Shadow Ball

Clearly the IV calculator on the main page doesn't help me since it's going to give me all the same results, but does that mean that no matter which one I level up/EV, the stat growths will all be the same and doesn't matter which one I release? Suggestions?
    No, that should not affect it. It's probably just bad luck.

Try transporting Rare Candies (especially if you have Emerald and use the Cloning glitch, you can get 6+ a day), levelling up the Eevee, checking their IV's then, and turning off without saving. Also, Metalkid's IV calc is much more exact than the main site's.

Little Miss Stalinist/Secret Al-Qaeda agents (i.e. Ellie) would be a ***** even if she was a conserative republican. What makes her the way she is happens to be the fact that the webmaster of this site let's her behave like this. (Of course, I would never make a liberal a staff member at any forum I'd be in charge of, regardless.)

Okay.. I can't open Smogon to check, so does anyone know the ideal nature/s for Lunatone? :O
    3DS Friend Code
    Halcyon: 3995-6536-7994

Quote Originally Posted by halcyonXlll View Post
    Okay.. I can't open Smogon to check, so does anyone know the ideal nature/s for Lunatone? :O
    Im having ths same problem For a lunatone I would go with a modest nature.

Why is smogon acting gay all of a sudden?

I've noticed in some battles, some of the pokeball icons on the bottoms creen will wiggle back and fourth. Sometimes none will, or soemtimes more than one, but I've not seen any consistancy with this that's obvious, so what does it mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Starforce2 View Post
    I've noticed in some battles, some of the pokeball icons on the bottoms creen will wiggle back and fourth. Sometimes none will, or soemtimes more than one, but I've not seen any consistancy with this that's obvious, so what does it mean?
    Wiggling means the Pokemon is close to reaching the next level.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Emerald View Post
    Wiggling means the Pokemon is close to reaching the next level.
    Orly? I didnt know that at all, I thought that it was just a pokemon that was ready to fight. I thought that was what the Item Shed shell was for but appaerently not.

Great.

I EV trained my Gabite, and I thought I was done, but the ribbon woman won't give one to it. Let's say I did it all correctly and made no mistakes, because it makes absolutely no sense when I wrote down every point along with Power items. Would there be another reason for it, or did I mess up?
    life is inaggerated.

I say save the game and give it vitamins for a stat(s) you didn't EV trained, see how many EVs are missing and turn off the game.

If it accepted only one EVs missing are < 10, two < 20, etc, then you have some idea.

Then erase all the EVs from the least high stat you EV trained (probably HP) and give it 4 points (not 6) then save the game again and train Gabite in the possible 252 stats, giving one (or 2 if Pokévirus) EV for stat intercalating the stat you train until the woman gives you the Ribbon.

Worked for me when I was starting EV training.

Or you can try the safest way, restart >_<
    Main - 3953 9242 6081
    Paired with the wonder called GoldenHouou! HELLYAHSHESBACK! =D
    "Team Galatic Nap Room"
    "Ensure the bed is unoccupied before getting into it!"
    Banner and Avatar by Shuam!

Too late for that. I jsut went out Speed EV Training and probably screwed the forumla up.
    That's just great, I already taught it the Fire Blast TM I bought, and that's money wasted.
    If this happens with my Elekid, who I've also been training, I'll try that method, though.

Female passes moves when breeding, and Male passes species and natures, right?

EDIT: Also, wouldn't giving it vitamins in a stat I didn't train automatically bring it to ten, since the max stat you can give a Pokemon by that is 100? If I didn't EV train stat, how will that help me if it's jsut going to take ten?
    Last edited by A.I.P.; 17th April 2008 at 1:57 PM.
    life is inaggerated.

Quote Originally Posted by A.I.P. View Post
    Too late for that. I jsut went out Speed EV Training and probably screwed the forumla up.
    That's just great, I already taught it the Fire Blast TM I bought, and that's money wasted.
    If this happens with my Elekid, who I've also been training, I'll try that method, though.

Female passes moves when breeding, and Male passes species and natures, right?

EDIT: Also, wouldn't giving it vitamins in a stat I didn't train automatically bring it to ten, since the max stat you can give a Pokemon by that is 100? If I didn't EV train stat, how will that help me if it's jsut going to take ten?
    Female Mareep layed an egg! What could that be? ... after some steps, an ONIX comes out of the egg :O

Can you imagine this happening? xD it's completely the opposite. Male passes moves and female passes specie and nature.

As for the EDIT. I said that just for you to know how much you screwed the calcs.
    Like if you see there're like 40 EVs missing, I'd suggest you to EV train all over again, because it's a big difference and you may not know where you messed. If it was only 10 (or less) you should do that method, because even 20 is a big number to do this.

EDIT: Just remember this isn't a foolproof method.
    Last edited by Volteon; 17th April 2008 at 2:07 PM.
    Main - 3953 9242 6081
    Paired with the wonder called GoldenHouou! HELLYAHSHESBACK! =D
    "Team Galatic Nap Room"
    "Ensure the bed is unoccupied before getting into it!"
    Banner and Avatar by Shuam!

EV training help needed

If I send out a pokemon with the macho brace on, then immediately retreat it and send out my level 100 pokemon to KO the foe, does my first pokemon still gain the EVs and if so, how much? Assuming I'm battling a level 16 Kadabra with my Level 1 Eevee.

You gain the same amount of EVs REGARDLESS of how many pokemon battled with it.

So, since Kadabra gives 2 Sp. Atk EVs, your Eevee still gains 4 Sp. EVs from Macho Brace.

Quote Originally Posted by Yonowaru in Chaos View Post
    You gain the same amount of EVs REGARDLESS of how many pokemon battled with it.

So, since Kadabra gives 2 Sp. Atk EVs, your Eevee still gains 4 Sp. EVs from Macho Brace.
    so with pokerus and the macho brace I would gain 8?

Yes. The amount of EVs you gain is no way related to the EXP gained.

what is the Shed Shell for?

The Shed Shell allows you to escape from a pokemon battle regardless.

In battles, the Shed Shell allows you to withdraw, regardless of things like Magnet Pull, Mean Look, Arena Trap and Spider Web.

Is there any other way to get Kings Rock without the Pickup ability nor wild poliwhirls?

Quote Originally Posted by ~Heaven Help Us~ View Post
    Is there any other way to get Kings Rock without the Pickup ability nor wild poliwhirls?
    Go to Serebiis main site and depending on which game youre playing- go to that respective games section and click ITEMS on the right hand side where it lists all the articles for that game. Serebii's ITEM lists for D/P and FR/LG/R/S/E are very accurate so you should be able to find every place you can possibly get Kings Rock.

EDIT: I just checked and no, you have to find it on wild Poliwhirl (Post Nat. Dex) or get it through pick up.
    Last edited by NoDice; 17th April 2008 at 5:09 PM.
    3DS Friend Code:
    1590-4688-8478
    Add me for Friend Safari!
    Send a PM with your Friend Code to confirm!

Page 3 of 180 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast