Thread: Taunting Your Opponent?

Default Taunting Your Opponent?

No matter what card game you play, everyone does it. Instead of winning, as they could, they wait a few turns and taunt you.

I myself love doing it. I just did it to Munchy. I had a field full of Monarchs, and he had nothing, but 4 pieces of Exodia in his hand and a reincarnation to bring back the one in his grave (We were playing with Proxys). He draw, discards to activate reincarnation, and I Solemn it, just for fun. I then Snipe my own whole field, and finish him with D.D. Survivor

Do you lot do this much? Has it ever backfired? Have you ever had t been done to you, and taken it the wrong way?

Discuss.

I taunt if I know I am going to win. I managed to do alot of taunting with my Decree/Plasma/Horus Deck because it was so damn fun to drag it out till I got all three out.

My friend is an excellent taunter, because he barely loses with his CyDra deck(he plays Traditional) he likes to for a few turns clear the field with Chimertech Overdragon and not attack till he gets bored and decides he wants to win.

I cant say taunting has ever brought my downfall, except once when I got a bit too cocky and didnt bother activating cards I should have...Didnt end well.

I like to do a little taunting; activating that Monster Reborn when I don't need to- or that draw card for no reason but to lengthen my hour of victory. There was a time at Regioanls when it backfired on someone though.

My opponent had a field of 2 Cauis and D.D. Survivor. I had Torrential face-down. Of course, he tohught he had the win and underestimated me, tributing for a Raiza to "finish" me off, but I was able to respond to lengthen the game.

I never taunt in Magic if I'm playing a Black or Blue deck. I kill as fast as possible to avoid the counterspells and whatnot.
    Otherwise, yeah, I'll just not attack, force some discarding, etc...
    Usually, though, my opponent will throw the match before that can happen.

Ah, now that you bring it up. Whenever I played MAgic I would always abuse the Dredge abilties with Crucible of Worlds just to make a crazy endless loop.

Yeah, I don't play with the bans and stuff with friends and family.

On the subject of Magic, I dont like to draw things out, probably could if I didnt run White Weenies.

I love to taunt my opponent, especially if I have them down into some sort of lockdown. Or if the opponent is a noob, then in that case I don't even have to try.

n o e l - v e r m i l l i o n
    ノエル=ヴァーミリオン

The way I taunt my opponent is acting like a I don't care. I'll listen to music, act like I'm sleeping and even play GameBoy. I do it to piss them off and make them play better.

Hail to the king baby!

i havent been in many tournaments and such, but i do taunt, and i find it very amusing, and on wifi, i taunt them to, but... its a bit harder. lol, but then they piss me off, by disconnecting just as im about to pwn them.
    The tc went...

pfft dumb tc
    Cloning, you know you want to

If I know I am going to win, I like to only clear my opponent's monsters and not finish them off for a while. It annoys them so much
    Your banner was too big, so it was removed. This is your 5th strike, so your entire signature was removed, you were banned for 3 weeks, and will lose signature privileges shortly. Do not edit your signature anymore. Please remember to read the signature rules and get your signature checked if you need help.

I taunted my friend today. I some how managed to get my winning cards in my first few turns, get them all into the grave, then get the perfect field (usually), which is Marshmallon, Exodia Necross, The Dark Creator, Kycoo the Ghost Destroyer and Patrician of Darkness. I did nothing for a few turns, but he eventually got bored and forfeit...