Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Our Cup Runneth Over! (543)

I really want to see the Wallace Cup EPs really bad. All look amazing and I love the contest EP's a whole lot better then the Gym Battle ones. May's cameo is perfect and I love seeing main characters return.

The episodes look good? How do you know if none of them have aired yet.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

I was kinda confused in the end. Was May in the same Pokemon Center where Ash & the gang are talking, or is she not (she's in Snowpoint then)? If she was in that PC, how come in the Seven Star Restaurant episode, she appeared at a ship in the beginning? Sorry, just confused. ">_<

Yes, I'm sad to say that from this date, I'm going to be
    COMPLETELY INACTIVE
    . I lost my interest in SPPf,
    and I'm going to be 99% inactive due to iRL things. Bye!

Quote Originally Posted by aerisLana View Post
    I was kinda confused in the end. Was May in the same Pokemon Center where Ash & the gang are talking, or is she not (she's in Snowpoint then)? If she was in that PC, how come in the Seven Star Restaurant episode, she appeared at a ship in the beginning? Sorry, just confused. ">_<
    She was in snowpoint when we saw her, that's why there was snow outside the Pokemon center. And the reason we saw May on a ship is because Snowpoint has harbor.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    I really believe Milotic's appeal is pretty much the best one we ever had in the show. It was so well done and it wasn't really a typical appeal. I know a lot of people don't like Milotic because it appears too much but it didn't bother me at all. Milotic is pretty much my favorite water type so I can't complain.
    I won't complain since, aside from agreeing with you that the appeal was actually very well-done, it's to be expected that Mikuri would have a Milocaross (as it's pretty much his signature Pokemon in the other mediums he appears in).

The thing that pisses me off about Milocaross isn't so much that it appears too much (though, yes, there's no denying that fact, and it is especially annoying that it constantly comes off as the "end-all, be-all" of Pokemon for contests. I don't care if its evolution is centered around beauty, there are much better-looking Pokemon than that). What really pisses me off is that they're over-showcasing it WHILE making it act like the signature Pokemon for several characters, namely game characters who should be putting more focus on other Pokemon as their signature partners. I mean, it was bullshit that Azami's Habunake was just kinda pushed out of the way by Donphan and the final confrontation was Pikachu vs. Milocaross.... again (seriously, that whole episode would've done a lot better if they'd have just reversed the matches. Would've been nice to see a Habunake take out Pikachu, as well). As for Adan, I don't believe he even owns one in Emerald (hell, it's almost like they just copy/pasted Mikuri's team onto him). And what was wrong with making Kingdra his main? God knows that thing could use a bit more love (being one of many shafted Jouto Pokemon). Hell, if the writers were dealing with Pikachu vs. Kingdra, they probably could've came up with a much more believable win than "little rat manages to throw titanic serpent over his head in mid-air" (they wouldn't have Recover to require such an ass-pull, for one thing).
    Last edited by Yamato-san; 20th May 2008 at 9:40 AM.

Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

I translate for #Pocketmonsters (just because I know Japanese does not make me Japanese, stop PMing me).

Juan's Milotic was the first time we saw one in battle. Robert's Milotic got a grand total of 20 seconds of screentime in the Contests he was in.

Juan had Milotic for its official "debut," so I don't see how you could complain about that. Its not like the writers had any plans to bring Wallace in at that point, so having Juan debut Milotic seemed like a no-brainer.

however, they did show a bit more of Robert's Milocaross in action just a few episodes later (and with Emerald's release, they probably knew they'd be adapting the Battle Frontier somehow anyway). But judging by your lack of a counter-argument, I can assume you agree with what I said about the way they over-emphasized Azami's Milocaross. Who wants to bet Shirona will show up later and go "Oh, that Gablias was actually a weakling. This is my best partner... and it's not Lucario!"?

Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

I translate for #Pocketmonsters (just because I know Japanese does not make me Japanese, stop PMing me).

How was it overemphasized?
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

That milotic was beautiful.. and I loved what it did with Aqua ring.
    And I came for fun..

I can't wait to see this episode. :'D I loved Walalce in RSE, but of course since the series was based off Emerald, I was quite disappointed when he wasn't in the show.
    <3
    I'm working on finishing my DP Pokedex...I have 490. : D!

Word.

I'm surprised, they kept the Japanese Sinnoh Now logo instead of changing it to English at the beginning.

mwuahahahaha...dawn's frizzy hair returns
    wallace was awesome but what did they mean by sootopolis gym leader? isn't that juan?
    And May! Yay she's back! And they kept her voice the same...except it sounded a teensy bit higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Thriller View Post
    Now why would May possibly be at Snowpoint City? Thats not at all in Johto to my understanding.

Because once she came from jhoto the boat arrive to snowpoint that's where the boat is soo she decide to meet up with ash!
    If rules are meant to be broken, what's the point of having them

Quote Originally Posted by kiara911 View Post
    mwuahahahaha...dawn's frizzy hair returns
    wallace was awesome but what did they mean by sootopolis gym leader? isn't that juan?
    Wallace used to be the Sootopolis Gym Leader.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

The episode really bored me. I don't know why, but every time I watch an episode focusing on Dawn, I always get bored. And I didn't bother looking at the ending of the episode.

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post
    I'm surprised, they kept the Japanese Sinnoh Now logo instead of changing it to English at the beginning.
    I was surprised when I saw that, too.

This episode was pretty boring. The only part I like was the part with the news people.
    It's cool to see May again, but I don't like her that much.
    6/10.

I really liked this episode. I've have been waiting for this episode to come on for a while. It was nice that they kept the logo from the show and that they didn't Wallace's voice sound high or something. Plus, it was nice to see May again. Mainly because I love her voice.
    Naomi Tamura- Ready Go! (Pokémon)

Susume! Susume! Kimi to nana iro no niji koete Onward! Onward! Cross the 7 colors of the rainbow with me.
    Ready go! Motto touku! Ready go! Even farther!
    Kumo wo tsuki nuke sora e ta Go through the clouds to the sky!

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post
    if you notice they dont really have English writings or anything like that anyways so its not so unexpected

This episode was good. It was kinda funny when Dawn panicked, ran into all her pokemon’s attacks, and only said “no need to worry”. It was awesome to see one of my favorite water pokemon, Milotic, again as well as seeing Aqua Ring and Dragon Pulse. I find it a little cool how Wallace and Milotic make an awesome exit. I also like May’s return.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

I really enjoyed this episode. The first time Rhonda got hit with the microphone, I was sitting there waiting for him to drop it. I knew it was coming and I just couldn't help but laugh. The camera crew provides great comedy relief when it comes to the show.

Wallace was cool. I loved the way the characters found him sitting there. The appeal with Milotic was awesome. His exit was cool. And (the reason I've been anticipating this arc so much) May's back!

Overall, a good episode.

Now being reposted!

it was an ok episode but the voice acting for Wallace goes perfect with him i thought that was good

Can't wait to see this and the rest of the Wallace Cup.
    I still think they should have aired them all together at
    the end of the Labor Day Pokemon-a-ton, that Dungeon
    special was anticlimactic.
    FC - 4339-3819-1503
    Safari Type is Bug

I like that we finally got to see Wallace, and at least they made a brief mention of him being the Sootopolis gym leader once (funny they didn't mention the dapper Juan). I'm surprised they didn't bring up the fact that Ash battled a different gym leader, but ah well.

There wasn't much to the episode, but I enjoyed the practice battles with Ash and Dawn, and Jessie fawning over Wallace was hilarious. I laughed when she was blowing kisses, and then when James and Meowth grab her she suddenly gets demonic. LOL And hey, May cameo! I can't wait for the next few weeks, I've missed May.

The one thing that still bugs me is, what is the big deal with milotic? I've never found it to be a beautiful pokemon in the least. It looks like some Loch Ness creation. Now gardevoir, THAT's a beautiful pokemon.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 12/10
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR
    To reclaim:

I think I need to get my priorities straight while noticing things. @_@

(At the end of the episode, when May's introduced again)
    May: -stands up-
    Me: WOAHSNAP. She's in sub-zero degree climates, and she's wearing SHORTS AND A T-SHIRT? Crazy woman, that is.
    -credits roll-
    Me: ...WOAHSNAP. Hold up. Was that May? -rewinds-

(true story)

Loved the episode~ Wallace is too awesome. No Saturn in the ep, though, so lost some points there. e_e

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard_Trainer88 View Post
    if you notice they dont really have English writings or anything like that anyways so its not so unexpected
    The last time the Sinnoh Now! logo appeared it was changed into English.
    Reminder from August 09, 2010- Name my future Reshiram "Griffin"...

My Current HeartGold Team:

If you want, look at Yu-Gi-Oh! C,Pokiman, and Naruto C, but they haven't exactly been updated recently...

STILL REJECTING PMs. SORRY. (No offense to anyone.)

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast