View Poll Results: Have you had a similar encounter with wrong dueling?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, and they made me angry

6 37.50%
  • No

1 6.25%
  • Yes, but they didn't make me angry

9 56.25%
  • I think I will in the future

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dueling It Wrong

Default Dueling It Wrong

There are people at my school who play Yu-Gi-Oh the wrong way.

List:
    -They include Fusion monsters in the normal deck
    -They don't Summon Fusion Monsters correctly
    -They think you can still Normal Summon if you Set a monster
    -They're still in the primitive "You can Normal Summon without tribute"
    -They think Branch! lets you Special Summon a Fusion Monster from your hand
    -They also think Soul Exchange lets you Tribute any number of monsters on your opponent's side of the field, but they have to give the oponent a monster. VERY ABUSABLE!

They said I was a nerd when I said they weren't dueling right as well. D:

Discuss any similar encounters you have had.
    Last edited by blitzerzero; 15th April 2008 at 1:18 AM.
    If you think that "If you [insert activity here], put this in your sig. (Started by [user])" is stupid, put this in your sig. (started by blitzerzero, who may also be known as blitzer, C.C. Blitzer, Atmos Blitzer, AxelleBlitzer, LeonidasBlitzer, Axelle (despite gender), Romanoff Kaiser NEX Blitzer, Violence Thunder Blitzer, and Valkyrie Lupia Blitzer. Yeah, I have many names.)

Nothing that horrible really, the worst thing I can think of is my friend only plays with 4k LP like in the Anime. Also he doesnt know how to chain properly which can be angering.

My friend thinks I lose 1K life points when he activates 7 tools of the bandit, and he hardly ever shuffles and puts exodia on top,instantly making him win. Not to mention his fake cards...
    Quote Originally Posted by serebii View Post
    Just saw Clair in Dragon's Den and got her phone number (score )

Dragon's Mirror allows you to summon a Dragon-Type Fusion Monster from your Fusion Deck, ignoring any Summoning Condition.

I just cannot remember the other mistakes though
    Last edited by Shine; 12th April 2008 at 4:37 AM. Reason: lol, forgot the Dragon-Type part

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

People just can't read cards right...XD
    If you think that "If you [insert activity here], put this in your sig. (Started by [user])" is stupid, put this in your sig. (started by blitzerzero, who may also be known as blitzer, C.C. Blitzer, Atmos Blitzer, AxelleBlitzer, LeonidasBlitzer, Axelle (despite gender), Romanoff Kaiser NEX Blitzer, Violence Thunder Blitzer, and Valkyrie Lupia Blitzer. Yeah, I have many names.)

Quote Originally Posted by blitzerzero View Post
    People just can't read cards right...XD
    Or the rules.

I'm gonna be as simple as I can get.

They're noobs. End of story.

I get this all the time at with little noobs and it's soo annoying.
    "I activate this trap from my hand"
    They summon in face up def. mode
    "That card's fake, it's too powerful" (lol) Usually something like Chimeratech or whatnot.
    Last edited by ShinyManafi; 12th April 2008 at 5:51 AM.

n o e l - v e r m i l l i o n
    ノエル=ヴァーミリオン

Whenever someone summons a monster in f/up defence mode, I say I've already seen it so they can't set it, and they have to move it to attack, since technically, they have to.

No tributes. Tried to teach the littlens how to play, and they little guy didn't want to use tributes. Ended up getting verbal abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by cybermew View Post
    Whenever someone summons a monster in f/up defence mode, I say I've already seen it so they can't set it, and they have to move it to attack, since technically, they have to.

No tributes. Tried to teach the littlens how to play, and they little guy didn't want to use tributes. Ended up getting verbal abuse.
    Well on the TV show, people summon monsters in face-up Defense Position, so I can see why they would be confused...

Playing with 4000 LP each (then again, this is because of time restraints at lunch time)
    During the Endphase, if you have less than 5 cards in your hand, you pick up cards until you do (to make up for their lack of draw/search power, they even abuse this by setting EVERYTHING they have, just to draw)
    Can't chain for their lives
    Activate traps the turn they are set
    Use fake cards
    No one even looks at the banned/restricted list
    No deck themes at all, random cards thrown together.

I've witnessed it all.....
    Your banner was too big, so it was removed. This is your 5th strike, so your entire signature was removed, you were banned for 3 weeks, and will lose signature privileges shortly. Do not edit your signature anymore. Please remember to read the signature rules and get your signature checked if you need help.

Well when no one in my school knew how to play Yu-Gi-Oh, I made up the rules, so we could play. Some people still use them D=

You can summon as many times as you want in 1 turn.
    You don't have to tribute.
    Draw up til you have 6 in your hand during the End Phase.
    Activate traps the turn they are set.
    Fake cards. (I still use 1 or 2 in some decks, but when I get the card in real, I rip the fake up >D)
    No shuffling the deck, unless its an OTK, FTK or Exodia.

I think thats all.

Quote Originally Posted by Munchy.42 View Post
    Well when no one in my school knew how to play Yu-Gi-Oh, I made up the rules, so we could play. Some people still use them D=

Fake cards. (I still use 1 or 2 in some decks, but when I get the card in real, I rip the fake up >D)

I think thats all.
    Well, at least you know the real rules. Try bringing a rulebook to school, k? =D

Exodia is definitely the most overrated card in the game. Especially if you don't have a strategy based around it...lulz.

I once versed a newb (mind you, this was years ago), who said that if they played "Wicked Breaking Flamberge~ Baou", they could Special Summon Guardian Baou from their Deck, Graveyard, hand or if its removed from play.

oh so newbie

Well we (me and my best friend) learnt the real rules ages ago, but for some reason, everyone only started to play by the real rules about 4 months ago.

I think thats all.
    Everyone at where I play is like this...

..and that's the good players.

I know there doing it wrong, but so what. I do play, it, is not the best thing in world in my mind. Plus its coloured paper, same with Pokemon cards.
    In my view, it easier, and less time consuming, what they have 20-30 mins for recess and 40-70 mins at lunch (at most schools).
    [IMG]http://i35.*******.com/20szpsl.png[/IMG]
    A single death is a tragedy,
    a million deaths is a statistic.

Harvest Moon Club & The Sims Club

Quote Originally Posted by AceTrainerTim View Post
    I know there doing it wrong, but so what. I do play, it, is not the best thing in world in my mind. Plus its coloured paper, same with Pokemon cards.
    In my view, it easier, and less time consuming, what they have 20-30 mins for recess and 40-70 mins at lunch (at most schools).
    It is EXTREMELY frustrating when an 8 year old comes to your locals, you duel him, and on the first turn he summons FGD from his hand.

So what you say? There's a lotta what.

Rank up!

Oh and fusing without Polymerization. I forgot that.

Oh and fusing without Polymerization. I forgot that.
    VERY annoying.

"Go, I summon Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon, now, I win by default due to Einsteins Third theorum!"

"And that is.....?"

"That you suck! Hahahahahaha" *Gets Vortexed*

I love to beat noobs. Especially those who don't know the rules.

VERY annoying.

"Go, I summon Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon, now, I win by default due to Einsteins Third theorum!"

"And that is.....?"

Its interesting none the less at my locals to see what plans of actions people under the age of 12 take.

"With no regard to what you have on your field face down, I summon Super Special Awesome Monster."

"k, I activate Torrential Tribute."

"D:"

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    Its interesting none the less at my locals to see what plans of actions people under the age of 12 take.

"With no regard to what you have on your field face down, I summon Super Special Awesome Monster."

"k, I activate Torrential Tribute."

"D:"
    I'm the youngest there, and yet I beat most of them.

Mwhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaha.

I've decided, next week, I'm gonna take it over.

Anyhow....I remember my friend once said if you equip a sword to a warrior monster, it can win ANY battle. Ha.

VERY annoying.

"And that is.....?"

OMG. What an idiot.

I agree with the last statement. Once I dueled one of those idiots mentioned at my first post, using part of his deck. I was also allied with another n00b. I won because I used Wynn the Wind Charmer's effect to take control of my opponent's Luster Dragon #2...and because the opponent was dumb enough too not destroy my Wynn the Wind Charmer.

LOL XD.

Anyhow....I remember my friend once said if you equip a sword to a warrior monster, it can win ANY battle. Ha.
    I wonder if he tried it with Gearfried the Iron Knight.

Yes... We didn't even read the rulebooks and we ended up playing by Duelist Kingdom's "rules." lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuki Mirai View Post
    Yes... We didn't even read the rulebooks and we ended up playing by Duelist Kingdom's "rules." lol
    Lawl, Pegasus is such an idiot. Only 2000 LP+No Tributes+Monsters with over 2000 attack=LOL FAIL.

And nobody is smart enough to use Man-Eater Bug more often...(anime characters that is)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast