Page 141 of 259 FirstFirst ... 4191131137138139140141142143144145151191241 ... LastLast
Results 3,501 to 3,525 of 6474

Thread: The Digimon Club 5.0

What was your worst gaming experiance with Digimon?

I lost my DS with my copy of Digimon World Dusk in it. And it was just when I got to the place with the whirlpools, too! =( My best friend may have found a used copy of the game for me, but I'm so bummed about having to retrain all my precious Digimon again...

Quote Originally Posted by Demon of Light View Post

I lost my DS with my copy of Digimon World Dusk in it. And it was just when I got to the place with the whirlpools, too! =( My best friend may have found a used copy of the game for me, but I'm so bummed about having to retrain all my precious Digimon again...
    Ouch... that is deffinately one of the worst I have heard.
    If that happened I would lose my mind.
    WARNING!
    GM is prone to going for the throat. Poke at own risk. Continued poking or complaining in his presence may result in serious character injury or death. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by Griff4815 View Post
    People think that Digimon is a carbon copy of Pokemon, regardless of whether it's the dub or original.
    Yes, but when you start labeling everything and anything with 'Digi-,' it starts to not only get a little silly, but it resembles the similar labeling of 'Poke-' in Pokemon, thus causing an even further amount of misconception.

And then there's Frontier and aspects of Savers/Data Squad-
    I actually found Frontier to be more entertaining than I did before a month ago. What Frontier had was pointed out by a fellow Digimon fan - character development. Takuya had a lot of that, and his character development was probably the best among the goggleheads. Taichi never got to learn what the word, 'mature' means, even after causing Skull Greymon to appear, as much as I hate to dis my own favorite chosen child.

It wasn't the dubbers who thought it would be cool to have Marcus punch through Craniumon's Omni Shield with ease.
    They named it the "Omni Shield?" Oh my god.

See? That's my problem with the dubs. They don't respect the spirit of the Japanese original. When you dub something, the least you could do is bring out the same kind of feeling one would get when watching the original subs - and improve that, of course. Changing Masaru's use of term, "Koubun" was not improving that, at all. I mean, sure, the Americans don't really understand the definition of "follower" and "Yakuzas," but "EMPLOYEE?!" What the heck?! I was so appalled by that. It's not a matter of being close-minded.

The cheese is there. I tried to smell it, I might be able to tolerate it to some extent, but I felt sorry for the space the cheese was placed in, because a much better material could had been placed there. Some serious material that could make me cry, for starters, not just make me squirm in my seat.

Oh, and I believe the concept of 'Yakuza' might explain why Masaru seems to be such a blockhead (well, more so than the other 'leaders,' anyway). He seems to follow a code of honor and his own decency. But, this is all my guess.

As for him successfully breaking the shield in the end (with his own fist) - again, it's a subliminal message. Pokemon does that all the time with Satoshi, throughout every, single, season.

And puns are an acquired taste.
    Hardly, as I perceive. But, okay, I'll try and be even more open-minded than I already am (considering the unforgivable ruination they've caused to the original, I am already very open-minded). But why use puns in the midst of danger? I believe (well, "assume" would be a better word) that there were at least a couple of times when the characters in the dubs (not that I watch them oftenly, so I wouldn't really know) punning while they are fighting an enemy. When you are in a battle at war, no matter how old you are, I doubt you will be able to joke about it. Maybe a few of the sillier characters could be excused of that, but, with the exception of Mimi and Taichi (and perhaps Takeru, aka TK), none of the characters have personalities that would fit this sort of scenario. I mean, c'mon, if you want to dub something, at least pay some respect to the characters.

Oh, and the songs. God, the songs. Digimon! It's Digimon! There's nothing in this show but Digimon! Evolve to Champions! The least they could do is add an inch of subliminal meaning to the lyrics (like the OPs of Frontier and Savers, fortunately). They took 3 seasons to learn that, and missed the great opportunity to dub "The Biggest Dreamer," one of the best J-pop hit I have ever introduced to my ears.

Okay, some conclusion. I don't find the dubs completely intolerable. But I never did laugh during the 'humorous' moments. Despite that, I really like the fact that they make a chance in the opening sequence for the first season. That's something that bugged me a little for the original. The introduction of tracks that don't have repetitive words in the second season was a good effort, though still not very well done. And, I have to give them props for combining the three movies into one - even though they should had just leave out "Hurricane Touchdown" and focus on the other two movies, because Hurricane is considered non-canon - and, even the original one kinda confused me, and that third movie was definitely not a good effort by Toei, unfortunately.

Another spectacular effort was made in Runaway Locomon with Ruki's song. See, that's what they should had done with "Butter-Fly" and "Brave Heart" in the first place, not have the OP going "Digimon," crapping on everyone's front yard.

So, there are good points about the dubs, and it's not completely horrible. Yet, it's the bad points that ruin it. For me anyway. And a couple of thousand angry Digimon fans.

The adventure is only beginning.
    Images taken from Lelola.

Quote Originally Posted by OminousFlare View Post
    Yes, but when you start labeling everything and anything with 'Digi-,' it starts to not only get a little silly, but it resembles the similar labeling of 'Poke-' in Pokemon, thus causing an even further amount of misconception.

I actually found Frontier to be more entertaining than I did before a month ago. What Frontier had was pointed out by a fellow Digimon fan - character development. Takuya had a lot of that, and his character development was probably the best among the goggleheads. Taichi never got to learn what the word, 'mature' means, even after causing Skull Greymon to appear, as much as I hate to dis my own favorite chosen child.

They named it the "Omni Shield?" Oh my god.

See? That's my problem with the dubs. They don't respect the spirit of the Japanese original. When you dub something, the least you could do is bring out the same kind of feeling one would get when watching the original subs - and improve that, of course. Changing Masaru's use of term, "Koubun" was not improving that, at all. I mean, sure, the Americans don't really understand the definition of "follower" and "Yakuzas," but "EMPLOYEE?!" What the heck?! I was so appalled by that. It's not a matter of being close-minded.

The cheese is there. I tried to smell it, I might be able to tolerate it to some extent, but I felt sorry for the space the cheese was placed in, because a much better material could had been placed there. Some serious material that could make me cry, for starters, not just make me squirm in my seat.

Oh, and I believe the concept of 'Yakuza' might explain why Masaru seems to be such a blockhead (well, more so than the other 'leaders,' anyway). He seems to follow a code of honor and his own decency. But, this is all my guess.

As for him successfully breaking the shield in the end (with his own fist) - again, it's a subliminal message. Pokemon does that all the time with Satoshi, throughout every, single, season.

Hardly, as I perceive. But, okay, I'll try and be even more open-minded than I already am (considering the unforgivable ruination they've caused to the original, I am already very open-minded). But why use puns in the midst of danger? I believe (well, "assume" would be a better word) that there were at least a couple of times when the characters in the dubs (not that I watch them oftenly, so I wouldn't really know) punning while they are fighting an enemy. When you are in a battle at war, no matter how old you are, I doubt you will be able to joke about it. Maybe a few of the sillier characters could be excused of that, but, with the exception of Mimi and Taichi (and perhaps Takeru, aka TK), none of the characters have personalities that would fit this sort of scenario. I mean, c'mon, if you want to dub something, at least pay some respect to the characters.

Oh, and the songs. God, the songs. Digimon! It's Digimon! There's nothing in this show but Digimon! Evolve to Champions! The least they could do is add an inch of subliminal meaning to the lyrics (like the OPs of Frontier and Savers, fortunately). They took 3 seasons to learn that, and missed the great opportunity to dub "The Biggest Dreamer," one of the best J-pop hit I have ever introduced to my ears.

Okay, some conclusion. I don't find the dubs completely intolerable. But I never did laugh during the 'humorous' moments. Despite that, I really like the fact that they make a chance in the opening sequence for the first season. That's something that bugged me a little for the original. The introduction of tracks that don't have repetitive words in the second season was a good effort, though still not very well done. And, I have to give them props for combining the three movies into one - even though they should had just leave out "Hurricane Touchdown" and focus on the other two movies, because Hurricane is considered non-canon - and, even the original one kinda confused me, and that third movie was definitely not a good effort by Toei, unfortunately.

Another spectacular effort was made in Runaway Locomon with Ruki's song. See, that's what they should had done with "Butter-Fly" and "Brave Heart" in the first place, not have the OP going "Digimon," crapping on everyone's front yard.

So, there are good points about the dubs, and it's not completely horrible. Yet, it's the bad points that ruin it. For me anyway. And a couple of thousand angry Digimon fans.
    Huh? I thought Omni Shield was the Japanese version... Gah, wait, I meant the Avalon. Oh well, I kinda swap between English and Japanese names.

And I don't like Satoshi/Ash either.

Anyways, you might be overlooking the marketing aspect. Yakuzas are all fine and great if you're Japanese or a regular follower of Japanese things, but the Digimon dub is supposed to be directed at English speaking children over 8 and probably up to 14 or so. You can't really expect an American kid to understand what a Yakuza is (keep in mind I'm not saying that they shouldn't know what it is, but that they won't know what it is.) American (or even Western) audiences like things that are familiar to them. And you can't exactly use the english version of the Yakuza (which would essentially be a gang, am I wrong?). The main character using aspects of a gang? That's gonna go over well with censors.

If you go in expecting not to like something, then you probably won't like it. I find liking things for what it is instead of comparing them to other things will cause one to enjoy more things. I guess humour is relative, though.

As for the songs, I agree that the music is better, but I still find the dub digimon theme nostalgicially awesome. I also liked the season 2 dub songs. Awful lyrics (generally), but awesome tune, in my opinion. I also liked some of the Dub OST music that they used in the dub but not the original.

In response to your last sentence, I say: The quantity of minds with the same opinion doesn't validate nor discard said opinion.
    Claimed: Grovyle - November 10th, 2013
    Chapter 22 is up.

I find liking things for what it is instead of comparing them to other things will cause one to enjoy more things.
    Yeah, PC users really love their PCs, too - despite the hundreds of flaws they have when compared to Macs. But, hey, ignorance is bliss.

Anyways, you might be overlooking the marketing aspect.
    Money. It's always about the money. Moviepocalypse-much? Money's the main reason movies suck today. No meaning, no emotions - just money. Congrats. Just shove crap in our faces and snatch our money away, why don't you? Significant character developments/logical and realistic story > censoring and altering aspects for the sake of 'marketing.'

You can't really expect an American kid to understand what a Yakuza is (keep in mind I'm not saying that they shouldn't know what it is, but that they won't know what it is.)
    True, but people didn't know what ninjas were till they brought them over to the American mediums.

Besides, there's no need to fully translate the term of yakuza. Convert it. That's what a dub is supposed to be - translating the original material into something the target audience could understand. It's not about altering it. That's what an adaptation is. I wouldn't mind if it's an improvement of an alteration, but as pointed out above, the changes are unnecessary at best.

In response to your last sentence, I say: The quantity of minds with the same opinion doesn't validate nor discard said opinion.
    Even if the major amount of people are actually accurate? Heh. Talk about close-mindedness. I'm sure the large amount of Mac users are wrong about Mac not being able to generate viruses on its own as well. Oh, wait - they aren't.

Yeah, PC users really love their PCs, too - despite the hundreds of flaws they have when compared to Macs. But, hey, ignorance is bliss.

Money. It's always about the money. Moviepocalypse-much? Money's the main reason movies suck today. No meaning, no emotions - just money. Congrats. Just shove crap in our faces and snatch our money away, why don't you? Significant character developments/logical and realistic story > censoring and altering aspects for the sake of 'marketing.'

True, but people didn't know what ninjas were till they brought them over to the American mediums.

Besides, there's no need to fully translate the term of yakuza. Convert it. That's what a dub is supposed to be - translating the original material into something the target audience could understand. It's not about altering it. That's what an adaptation is. I wouldn't mind if it's an improvement of an alteration, but as pointed out above, the changes are unnecessary at best.

Even if the major amount of people are actually accurate? Heh. Talk about close-mindedness. I'm sure the large amount of Mac users are wrong about Mac not being able to generate viruses on its own as well. Oh, wait - they aren't.
    Again with the comparing I see? I personally find that Macs are unwieldy piles of scrap metal. I'm not saying that PCs are that much better, but enough to make me want one over a mac. (additionally, I don't like products that have to resort to attack ads and comparisons of competition to make themselves seem better. The much-loathed-by-me Pepsi is a serious offender of this.)

That's capitalism for you. I'm still an advocate of the barter system.

*sigh* Okay, let's put this into laymans' terms. A million people like horror movies. I, a single person, doesn't like horror movies. Does that make my opinion void because a million people, who each have their own individual opinion, like horror movies? If so, that's close-mindedness. And you can't make an argument like that one for something that's based purely on subjectivity. If one doesn't like something for whatever reason, that's fine, but it doesn't make one's opinion the "be all, end all" if they have like-minded individuals on their side.
    Chapter 22 is up.

You are still not addressing the lack of emotions put into the dubs. My vocabulary ain't that fab, but there's that blatant something the dub is missing that makes it so dull, like a piece of meat. I see the characters, I listen to their dialogues, but whatever I'm feeling is nothing. There's no feeling.

Maybe my opinion might change if I'm unaware of how the original series is like, but I highly doubt I would be hooked onto a series that has such lame dialogues and OPs. Yes, "lame" is very much the word I and my friends use when referring to the dubs - most dubs of any anime series - though there are some good ones, I'm sure.

Capitalism? Was Batman Forever capitalism, too? Was The Dark Knight a better source of capitalism than Batman Forever ever was? Batman Forever was toned down for that specific audience, yet The Dark Knight, a movie made with heart and soul, broke the record for being the top grossing film in opening weekend (of which rank I'm not certain, but you can bet it's along the lines of Titanic).

That's what the dub is missing - heart and soul. In the metaphorical sense, the lack of the insert song, "Brave Heart" in the dub also represent that the dub team lacked the 'brave heart' to be bold, assertive and passionate about their work enough to care about the show. No, they just want to make a kids show that make money. Genius.

Okay, so I was off with my last statement there. "Accurate" was a poor choice of word. Nevertheless, no matter what happens, I still can't respect the dubs for taking away the stuff I really liked about the subs.

I mean, the preview scene at the beginning of the episode (where the title of the episode is announce) is quite cool. It would've been unique to see that in an American TV show. But no, it was too much a risk for the dubbers' life savings account. Everything they did was kept in such a play-safe format that it got so boring. And I still can't respect the puns. At all.

And you still haven't address my point about the kids using puns in the midst of chaos and conflict. You are skipping cross all my good pointers and jump onto my bad ones. <_<"

I don't know anything about Batman Forever, so your reference is lost on me. And I really liked the Dark Knight, but it was nowhere near what the after-hype was for it. I'm not saying that things that make money are bad, I'm just saying that the greed for money tends to bring out the worst in things.

As for the puns in the chaos thing (which I did plan to reply to, but forgot), I agree with that. I prefer the ones that are in the episode titles and the off-the-battlefield ones. And there is some non-pun humour in the dubs (this is often the stuff that I genuinely laugh out loud at), especially in Tamers, but I digress.

Isn't picking apart the bad points of an opponent's argument what a debate is about? =P

Now's probably about the time where we should agree to disagree. I think we've both made our points pretty clear and it's pretty obvious that neither of our respective views will change on the subject. (That and I really have to focus on writing something for a class this afternoon.)

You don't like the dubs and I think that both sides have their merits. The debate was fun, at least. And now... <types paper vigorously>
    Chapter 22 is up.

My worst experience with a digimon game was during the last quest(the legendary tamer) my ds cut of during the 4th battle I think and I had to start all over again.

Signature Stuff
        Spoiler:- undefined:

Digimon World Dusk/Dawn.

Repetitive, annoying and so often boring.
    The fact that it flat out copies pokemon's style of battle- the only difference beeing we can control up to three monsters at a time- does not help it at all.
    The story is cliched and predictable, and seriously enervating at times.

Im glad I didn't get that Pokemon Ranger-only-with-digimon rip off that was world something.

World 3 was enervating and repetitive, but at least it could be fun sometimes, and the story was not really cliche.
    Plus, it was incredible hard, something Dusk isn't (if you get the right team and dont go with your favourites, as miost of us want.)

Best experience?

World 1.

Best Monster Raising Game ever made.
    (having never played harvest moon and animal crossing)

Quote Originally Posted by niedude View Post

Digimon World Dusk/Dawn.

Repetitive, annoying and so often boring.
    The fact that it flat out copies pokemon's style of battle- the only difference beeing we can control up to three monsters at a time- does not help it at all.
    The story is cliched and predictable, and seriously enervating at times.

Im glad I didn't get that Pokemon Ranger-only-with-digimon rip off that was world something.

World 3 was enervating and repetitive, but at least it could be fun sometimes, and the story was not really cliche.
    Plus, it was incredible hard, something Dusk isn't (if you get the right team and dont go with your favourites, as miost of us want.)

Best experience?

World 1.

Best Monster Raising Game ever made.
    (having never played harvest moon and animal crossing)
    *cracks fingers*
    Why must everything become an arument on the internet? Can't anyone make a comment without PO'ing someone?...
    well, here we go:

Copying a basic Menu battle system is not copying the whole set of battle mechanics. If you have paid attention, the menu battle system has been around long before pokemon, and deffinately wasn't the last one.
    Plus, can you revert, reevolve, and various other things to every pokemon to make the ultime one? Or are you stuck with what ever you get after reaching level one hundred?
    And the conditions for evolution are alot more complicated then *Get to so-and-so* level.

Digimon World Championship WASN'T a pokemon ranger rip-off. It was, in fact, more like Digimon World 1 than anything. If you would have bothered checking it out instead of looking at the back box art.

Digimon world three was incredibly hard, just as repetitive, required more grinding to just LIVE through an area, and flat out boring. Story not cliche or not. In this day and age, NOTHING is original anymore. EVERYTHING has been used at least once.

Digimon World 1 was fun, I give you that... but it was also a glorified Tamagotchi with a battle system that you couldn't control except by restricting attacks.

Now, we can go on arguing, get in trouble, and likely break the rules, or we can both drop this early before we get into it. And accept that we both have our oppinions.
    WARNING!
    GM is prone to going for the throat. Poke at own risk. Continued poking or complaining in his presence may result in serious character injury or death. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by Zincspider View Post
    Now, we can go on arguing, get in trouble, and likely break the rules, or we can both drop this early before we get into it. And accept that we both have our oppinions.
    Well, actually, friendly arguments with no inclusion of profanities and insults would get us nowhere towards the point of breaking the rules. Suggestively close, perhaps, but not anywhere near that line, at least.

And 'oppinions' are just scattered pieces of the puzzle to the truth. The difference between wild opinions and solid theories (with supported evidences) is the level of difficulty in attaining the truth.

Well, actually, friendly arguments with no inclusion of profanities and insults would get us nowhere towards the point of breaking the rules. Suggestively close, perhaps, but not anywhere near that line, at least.

And 'oppinions' are just scattered pieces of the puzzle to the truth. The difference between wild opinions and solid theories (with supported evidences) is the level of difficulty in attaining the truth.
    True, and true...
    But I don't want to argue none the less.
    I Take them too serriously.
    WARNING!

Hey Digimon Club!

I assume I'm still a member, then, as I'm still listed on the first page. (Although I'd like to change my Digimon from Vademon to MegaSeadramon, if you don't mind. If you do, fine. I can live with Vademon I suppose). How has everybody been? It's feels like forever since I was active in this club, but I decided to regain my activity again as it gives me even more reasons to procastinate.

What was your worst gaming experience with Digimon?

Probably the fact that I once let one of my brothers best friends borrow my Digimon World 3 game when I was younger. He moved out of town literally two weeks afterwards, without returning the game. I was not happy. I've rebought it since, though, and found that my save file was still on my memory card, so I'm fine.

*cracks fingers*
    Why must everything become an arument on the internet? Can't anyone make a comment without PO'ing someone?...

I don't know what made you think I was starting an argument with you, but I strongly advise you to get off your high horse if you want to go anywhere in life.

well, here we go:

Copying a basic Menu battle system is not copying the whole set of battle mechanics. If you have paid attention, the menu battle system has been around long before pokemon, and deffinately wasn't the last one.
    Plus, can you revert, reevolve, and various other things to every pokemon to make the ultime one? Or are you stuck with what ever you get after reaching level one hundred?
    And the conditions for evolution are alot more complicated then *Get to so-and-so* level.

What?
    I don't even talked about the menu.
    If anything, the menu resembles FF7 more than pokemon, and it doesn't resemble ff7 at all. Besides, if I grabbed pokemon Diamond, hacked it and made it so that the menu was different and pokemon could reach lvl 526, and evolve and de evolve at will, does that mean I am no longer plagiarizing pokemon?
    No.
    The many aspects that copy pokemon come from the battle style itself!
    I mean, types?
    Since when does Digimon have types!
    If anything, stick to Data, Virus and Vaccine!
    Then, we can get digimon from fighting them, and can hatch and breed them.
    Need I go on, really?

Digimon World Championship WASN'T a pokemon ranger rip-off. It was, in fact, more like Digimon World 1 than anything. If you would have bothered checking it out instead of looking at the back box art.

So, the fact that you used your stylus to capture wild digimon by forming a rope around them doesn't ring a bell?
    That one copied Ranger, and no amount of defensive arguments will proove me wrong.

Digimon world three was incredibly hard, just as repetitive, required more grinding to just LIVE through an area, and flat out boring. Story not cliche or not. In this day and age, NOTHING is original anymore. EVERYTHING has been used at least once.

[B]Right, because Dusk and Dawn don't require you to grind in order to get to Mega and beyound :\
    And FYI, I am a writer, so I am very well aware of what is cliche and what can be classified as original. Dusk and Dawn were a lot more cliched than any other digimon game I've seen.[/B
    ]
    Digimon World 1 was fun, I give you that... but it was also a glorified Tamagotchi with a battle system that you couldn't control except by restricting attacks.

So, you defend the DS world for doing that and critisize the original, much much better version of it for inventing one of the most realistic monster controlling battle system ever?
    ...ok.

Now, we can go on arguing, get in trouble, and likely break the rules, or we can both drop this early before we get into it. And accept that we both have our opinions.

I wasn't arguing with you, so Im afraid we cant stop something that didn't even exist in the first place.
    The answers are in bold.

Quote Originally Posted by niedude View Post
    The answers are in bold.
    1: You said it copied Pokemon in every way in the battle system.
    Other than menus, and four attacks I see no resemblance. You have MP to regulate all atacks, instead of a set use of each one. That right there is completely different.
    And yes, it would make it a different game. You would have to hack it to do it, right?
    Digimon have always had types, and families. And whats wrong with having a weakness to types? I can't find a RPG today that doesn't incorperate types.
    Data, Vaccine, and Virus were TOO Rock Paper Scissors. Only three types... broing.

You have to sysnthisize digimon by running into them enough, and fusing them makes them stronger instead of leaving you with the same ones and an egg.

2: And you can keep the digimon afterwards, train them, and make use of them instead of using them to rope another and let it go again. If anything, afterwards, it IMPROVED the main catching system. After you use your rope, were are the similarities? It goes to DW1

3: I didn't say Championship was good. I said it wasn't a complete rip-off. Plus, I like W1. It was GOOD. But you had almost no control over battles... and was a glorified digital pet... that doesn't change... Ok?

4: And the fact that your every word contridicted my original topic post was a coincidence right? I didn't write that to get picked apart by you.
    I liked Dusk/ Dawn? Lets critisize it!
    Didn't like DW3 as much? Glorify it!
    Tell me it was coincidence.
    Last edited by Zincspider; 14th November 2009 at 11:51 PM.
    WARNING!

Er, perhaps it's time for a new topic so we don't have so much arguing?

What Digivice would you want (Seasons 1-5) and what colours? Why would you want that Digivice and colours?

Quote Originally Posted by Double-oh-Platypus View Post
    Er, perhaps it's time for a new topic so we don't have so much arguing?

What Digivice would you want (Seasons 1-5) and what colours? Why would you want that Digivice and colours?
    Alright, this is a good one... thanks for snapping me out of that...

Season 4 (forgot the names... saw maybe 3 episodes), and the Blue and yellow one. Beelonged to the big guy. Made his turn into awesome incarnate (Beetlemon)
    WARNING!

Hotshot leaves for 2 days and there's already been two arguments/debates. xD Talk about descension among the masses.

I'd like the D-Ark/D-Power- Dark blue and/or green. Why? It's my favourite digivice and those would be my digivice colours of choice.
    Chapter 22 is up.

Hotshot leaves for 2 days and there's already been two arguments/debates. xD Talk about descension among the masses.
    [/B]
    Thinking the same thing....
    I feel bad about that... both of them stemmed from two innocent comments I made.
    Blah.
    WARNING!

I'd probably want a D3, mostly because I just loved their designs the best. They're also the ones I could see passing as walkie-talkies the easiest, therefore it becomes easier to hide them.

As for colour, I love the colour of Tommy's Digivice from Frontier. The light blue body and green grip really got me hooked. That would be the colour for my Digivice. ^^

I'd probably want a D3, mostly because I just loved their designs the best. They're also the ones I could see passing as walkie-talkies the easiest, therefore it becomes easier to hide them.

As for colour, I love the colour of Tommy's Digivice from Frontier. The light blue body and green grip really got me hooked. That would be the colour for my Digivice. ^^

Frontier!
    That was the name!
    Now do you know the name of the guy with the Blue and Yellow digivice? (also my favorite color combination, and shape)
    WARNING!

Frontier!
    That was the name!
    Now do you know the name of the guy with the Blue and Yellow digivice? (also my favorite color combination, and shape)
    I'm pretty sure his name was Junpei, or JP in the English versions. I'm not sure if I got his Japanese name right though, but JP for sure. ^^

I'm pretty sure his name was Junpei, or JP in the English versions. I'm not sure if I got his Japanese name right though, but JP for sure. ^^
    Yup, Junpei! Shibayama Junpei, that's his name.

D-3. White body, indigo grips. The D-3 is just classic and comes from my favorite Digimon series, and I like indigo.

...and can everyone stop arguing please?

"Time for Agumon Hakase (Professor Agumon) to step in and educate the future generations of Chosen Children a little bit, gya! "

"Seeing how many folks round here are a little confused about the names and information about the sacred tools of evolution, gya, here are the names for all the Digivices of each respective seasons of our proud anime series, gya, Digimon - along with the American-made dubs names as well, I guess I have to add, gya. <_<" "

"Season 1/Digimon Adventure: Original Digivice, or simply referred to as the "Digivice," gya.

Season 2/Digimon Adventure 02: D-3, with a hyphen, gya. It's called that because of its three functions - Digital, Detect, and Discover - though I highly doubt if those fancy toys, gya, crafted after these sacred artifacts come with the same abilities, gya.

Oh? You are asking about the D-Terminals, gya? They are bought in any average electronic store in Japan, class - not sacred devices, gya. They just happen to be able to store Digimentals/Digi-Eggs, that's all, gya.

Season 3/Digimon Tamers: D-Ark/D-Power. Again, with a hyphen, gya. Commonly misspelled as the "D-Arc," gya.

Season 4/Digimon Frontier: D-Scanner/D-Tector, gya. Honestly, I don't find the D-Scanner to "detect" anything - not according to the accounts made by our new chosen children, gya, Kanbara Takuya, Minamoto Kōji/Koji, Orimoto Izumi/Zoe, Shibayama Junpei/J.P., and Himi Tomoki/Tommy, anyway, gya.

Digimon Data Squad/Digimon Savers: Digivice iC/Data Link Digivice. Now, five of the Digivice iCs held by the DATS/Data Squad members, Daimon Masaru/Marcus, Touma H. Norstein/Thomas, and Fujieda Yoshino/Yoshi, ordinary citizen, Noguchi Ikuto/Keenan Crier (one of the most disrespectful dub surnames given, in my opinion), and by the father of Masaru, Daimon Suguru/Spencer were modified into the Digivice Burst, allowing them to surpass the Ultimate/Mega Stage/Level of evolution/Digivolution, gya. Of course, who knows what is the true boundary of evolution for both humans and Digimon alike, gya.

Naturally, other forms of Digivices were featured in other parallel Digital Worlds portrayed in manga forms in your world as well, gya.

Digimon Adventure V-Tamer 01: Digivice 01, gya. Unlike my previous misunderstanding, this is not a nickname for the original Digivice, but a name for one that possesses a completely different appearance, gya. One of its most powerful function is its ability to 'Triple-Jogress/DNA Digivolve,' having an already jogressed/DNA Digivolved Digimon merging with yet, another Digimon of the Ultimate/Mega Stage/Level, gya.

Digimon Chronicle: Digimon Pendulum X, the main Digivice associated with the mutated Digimon carrying the X-Antibody, gya.

Digimon D-Cyber: D-Cyber. Basically, the Digimon Pendulum X in a flip-style cell phone appearance, gya.

Digimon Next: Digivice iC. In addition to the features of the original Digivice iC, it can store an endless supply of food, has the ability to heal a Digimon, can store Digimentals to be given to others later, has a Toilet Function, which cleans up a Digimon's excretion, stores DigiDollars which the inbuilt Digital Manager uses to pay for things like Trailmon rides, and has an unused 'Light Feature,' gya. In battle, it can be used to show a Digimon's DP (Digimon's Power) as a representation of its strength, an extension of which is its alert for incoming data, as well as upload data to a partner's Digimon to allow for things such as new attacks, gya. The only thing it doesn't have is the ability to make calls, gya.

Digimon Next: Digimon Twin. Called the Anti-God Devices, these two Digivices featured in the manga were to be used with the Arbitrators (Victory Greymon and Zeed Garurumon) to take down Yggdrasil should it become corrupted, gya. They were given to Tsurugi Tatsuno and Yuu Inui by Norn in order to evolve their Digimon to the Ultimate Stage, gya.

And that's all these is to know about the names, class, gya. More specific functions could be posted in the future, should that requirement come to pass, gya. Until then, class dismissed, gya!"

Page 141 of 259 FirstFirst ... 4191131137138139140141142143144145151191241 ... LastLast