Page 191 of 259 FirstFirst ... 91141181187188189190191192193194195201241 ... LastLast
Results 4,751 to 4,775 of 6474

Thread: The Digimon Club 5.0

  1. #4751
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Mephisto's Cafe
    Posts
    2,602

    Default

    Digimon Rumble! Gallantmon Crimson Mode vs. Omnimon! Battle of Knights! Both are the same size (ala X-Evolution instead of Revenge of Diaboromon's huge-Omnimon). Battle takes place on the internet. No partners and no Digvolution.

    Fight!

    "You can call yourself whatever you want.
    Soldier. Leader. Patriot. Revolutionary. It doesn't matter.
    At our core we're all the same thing.
    Monsters."

  2. #4752
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    burlington NJ
    Posts
    90

    Default

    wow digimon havent played that in 6 years but that was a good show and the cARDS WERE GREAT but didnt that show start the same time as pokemon
    Look at sky,its so far away. But right here, right now it seems so close
    -kazu







    Storm king


    SoulSilverfc:133454306551
    White fc:1979 3798 5481

  3. #4753
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Where I live.
    Posts
    1,407

    Default

    A year later actually. And if anybody calls it a rip-off they are going on my kill list. Anyways, this is a tough match-up. I will do some research and get back to it.

  4. #4754
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Where my Dragon Army is...
    Posts
    466

    Default

    Hey guys...I'm still alive.
    (I'm playing Digimon Dawn to get me back in the spirit...)

    Digimon Rumble! Gallantmon Crimson Mode vs. Omnimon! Battle of Knights! Both are the same size (ala X-Evolution instead of Revenge of Diaboromon's huge-Omnimon). Battle takes place on the internet. No partners and no Digvolution

    ...I never played Rumble...

    Gallantmon Crimson Mode.
    His weapons can block Omnimon's sword and could make all the difference in close-midrange combat. Omnimon's sword is long, which would make parrying attacks and attacking mid-close range extremely difficult.

  5. #4755
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    A state of confusion
    Posts
    1,637

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterCharizard15 View Post
    Gallantmon Crimson Mode.
    His weapons can block Omnimon's sword and could make all the difference in close-midrange combat. Omnimon's sword is long, which would make parrying attacks and attacking mid-close range extremely difficult.
    I like how this argument doesn't take into account at all the fact that Omnimon's got a cannon for an arm.

    And that's all I have to say about that.

    (Credit for the banner image goes to All0412 from DeviantArt!)

    Chapter Three: The Seashore House
    "Do you guys have any milk?"
    "No, but we have soda pop."
    "How about some fresh water?"
    "Fresh out. Would you like a soda pop?"

  6. #4756
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    On the run from freedom
    Posts
    2,417

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hotshot View Post
    I like how this argument doesn't take into account at all the fact that Omnimon's got a cannon for an arm.

    And that's all I have to say about that.
    Oh I totally agree with this, especially loved the italic part =P

    BUT, if one must justify why omnimon will win hands down, I will then.

    Gallantmons only long range attacks are a lightning attack (correct me if Im wrong, its also his weakest attack) and his finishing Shield w/e which takes eternities to charge

    OH WAIT WE ARE TALKING ABOUT CRIMSON MODE

    In that case, Omnimon will not have such an esy a time as I thought at first.
    Crimson mode is much faster, being able to utilize a hit and run strategy and possibly attempt to defeat Omnimon with bug bites. Its also better armoured. While it lacks its previous form's defensive shield, it gets much better armour (still its not chrome digizoid, which i always though to be odd). Gallantmon would survive a few slashes from the sword and three or four shots from omnimons cannon. Given that he is fast, getting more than one or two shots would be hard. Then again, once duke is hit more than once, I doubt hell be flying at full speed, hence making it easier to hit him again. And again. And again.

    Gallantmon's real flaw, on both of his forms, is the lack of truly powerful attacks. This is especially true on Crimson mode. For a power up, I really dont see many improvements. I can actually picture a normal Gallantmon beating his Crimson mode (it doesnt help that Gallantom has the weapons best indicated to fight Crimsons's battle style, ie, a shield and a medium range weapon).

    If this were Gallantmon X, Id say a tie COULD happen, but I havent dwelled much on him.

    Let's say how the others oppinianate :P ^^

  7. #4757
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Where my Dragon Army is...
    Posts
    466

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hotshot View Post
    I like how this argument doesn't take into account at all the fact that Omnimon's got a cannon for an arm.

    And that's all I have to say about that.
    Forgot about the cannon. :/

    Ifs thats the case, then Omnimon has a higher chance to win...for some reason I can't stop thinking gallantmon Crisis Mode's wings are just a huge target...

  8. #4758
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Place With Many Tourists
    Posts
    494

    Default

    May I join this club? If I may, may I have Kuramon or Puttimon for the one that I claim. If you're wondering I follow the Digimon World Dusk digivelutions for them, so Kuramon->Tsukaimon->Bakemon->Phantomon->GhoulmonBlack OR Puttimon->Kudamon->Reppamon->Tyilinmon->Sleipmon. I also use the Japanese names for Digimon. Terra Force.
    Last edited by Corrosion; 29th January 2011 at 4:19 AM.

  9. #4759
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    A state of confusion
    Posts
    1,637

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wayjun View Post
    May I join this club? If I may, may I have Kuramon or Puttimon for the one that I claim. If you're wondering I follow the Digimon World Dusk digivelutions for them, so Kuramon->Tsukaimon->Bakemon->Phantomon->GhoulmonBlack OR Puttimon->Kudamon->Reppamon->Tyilinmon->Sleipmon. I also use the Japanese names for Digimon.
    I'm afraid you're missing something very important. Try going back and reading the first post again.

    (Credit for the banner image goes to All0412 from DeviantArt!)

    Chapter Three: The Seashore House
    "Do you guys have any milk?"
    "No, but we have soda pop."
    "How about some fresh water?"
    "Fresh out. Would you like a soda pop?"

  10. #4760
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Place With Many Tourists
    Posts
    494

    Default

    *whacks head on keyboard* Anyways, fixed.

  11. #4761
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    A state of confusion
    Posts
    1,637

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wayjun View Post
    *whacks head on keyboard* Anyways, fixed.
    Alright! You're accepted! I'll add you to the list!

    (Credit for the banner image goes to All0412 from DeviantArt!)

    Chapter Three: The Seashore House
    "Do you guys have any milk?"
    "No, but we have soda pop."
    "How about some fresh water?"
    "Fresh out. Would you like a soda pop?"

  12. #4762

    Default

    Hey, Digimaniacs, what's crackin?
    Just letting you all know (even if you don't care), that I am in fact, still alive. I've just had some trouble with my senior project the past few months... and guess what just got finished today?

    Anywho, as for the topic, I say Omnimon as the edge here. As much as I prefer Gallentmon Crimson Mode, Omnimon has too much going for him.
    WARNING!
    GM is prone to going for the throat. Poke at own risk. Continued poking or complaining in his presence may result in serious character injury or death. You have been warned.

  13. #4763
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Mephisto's Cafe
    Posts
    2,602

    Default

    Yeah, I'm going to go with Omnimon here. I didn't think it was fair to post my opinion right away since I was the one to propose the battle. But simply put, Omnimon's sword isn't exactly a hindrance. It's no longer than any of GallantmonCMs weapons (and it's probably shorter than the Gungnir). The fact that it emerges from his hand also means there's no added weight of a hilt and guard. In terms of whose weapons are tougher, Omnimon's sword withstood (and deflected) hundreds and hundreds of Diaboromon blasts. GallantmonCMs weapons were disintegrated by that freaky d-reaper thing (which was then killed by the "punch of plot advancement"). Now you could argue that Diaboromon =/= prime D-reaper agent, but the thousands of Diaboromon are greater. Simply put, Omnimon's sword still took and dished out way more punishment.

    Then factor in Omnimon's cannon, which outclasses any ranged move Crimson Mode can hope to pull off by leaps and bounds. Omnimon can fire off big blasts, rapid blasts, or massive beams, giving him an incredibly versatile weapon. And no matter how he uses the weapon, it's always shown with a consistently devastating level of power. Even the relatively tiny bolts he fired at Armageddemon resulted in massive explosions. Transcendent Sword and Supreme Cannon are army-killers. One shot is deadly to the vast majority of Digimon regardless of level, proven time and time again. GallantmonCM is certainly above the norm and won't be killed by a single attack, but it'll certainly be able to stop him in his tracks and take a huge chunk of his "health" with it. Surviving more than three direct hits is probably out of the question. A single transcendent Sword was powerful enough to damage MetalGArurumon X to the point where everyone thought he was dead (and even he thought he'd die).

    Next we move on to Omnimon's toughness and durability. It's insanely high. The same kind of blast that took down Imperialdramon in one shot (from Armageddemon) didn't stop Omnimon from fighting. He took a Destiny Destroyer and kept at it. In fact, it took a Destiny Destroyer plus the power of like...6 or so Supreme Cannon blasts (that pooled in Armageddemon's belly and got turned back on Omnimon) to finally put him down. And even then he didn't devolve and was able to donate enough power to Imperialdramon to make him evolve.

    Now, where are people getting that Omnimon isn't very fast (or slower than GallantmonCM)? He looked slow compared to Diaboromon (in our War Game) because A) Diaboromon is insanely fast, and B) he was slowed down by the emails Izzy was getting...though don't quote me on B. That might have been something changed in the dubbing. In Revenge of Diaboromon, it wasn't that he couldn't catch Diaboromon, it was that he couldn't get through to him. Later on, Omnimon managed to dodge several of Armageddemon's blasters (and demonstrated some very impressive speed and agility of his own). These are the same blasts that hit Imperialdramon, who's supposed to be a very fast Digimon in his own right (he flew around the world super-speed style) from hundreds of feet below. In X-Evolution, he managed to keep pace with Wargreymon X (a Digimon with jet-boosters on his back) and later fought and dominated a battle against Wargreymon X and MetalGarurumon X (a Digimon made out of blue Digizoid--built for speed). Even if GallantmonCM was faster (which I don't exactly agree with), Omnimon has proven capable of dealing with fast Digimon quite handily.

    I don't exactly see how GallantmonCM is all that fast. In his two appearances, he didn't display any sort of speedy moves. He wasn't slow, but it looked like some pretty standard speed. In the movie he appeared in (wiht Locomon, can't remember the title), he flew towards the sky, but again it just looked like standard speed. No slower or faster than Omnimon. Justimon looked faster, actually.

    "You can call yourself whatever you want.
    Soldier. Leader. Patriot. Revolutionary. It doesn't matter.
    At our core we're all the same thing.
    Monsters."

  14. #4764
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    3,141

    Default

    My chips are in for Gallantmon Crimson Mode, if only to anti-vote Omnimon (who I frankly don't see what all the hubub is about), but I'm not going to add my argument right now.

    Instead, I'm going to make a topic to go alongside the digimon rumble.

    For those that have been watching, who is your favourite Xros Wars character?

    Or What is your favourite species that has debuted it Xros Wars?
    Claimed: Grovyle - November 10th, 2013
    Chapter 19 is up.

  15. #4765
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Place With Many Tourists
    Posts
    494

    Default

    I vote for Gallantmon Crimson Mode, if only from the games of Digimon World Dusk/Dawn. Otherwise I also vote for GallantmonCM.

    I don't really watch Xros War, but my favorite is Sgoutmon. The way he acts is sort-of funny. Like Guilmon, Tai, Veemon and Takato. The Guilmon and Veemon form the Anime of course.

    Favorite species? Lilithmon for sure.

  16. #4766
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Mephisto's Cafe
    Posts
    2,602

    Default

    Griff, Omnimon holds the spot of first "uber good-guy" we ever got. All throughout the rest of the first series the good guys were at a disadvantage, always struggling. Until Omnimon. Omnimon comes in and boom. He's the quintessential ultimate good guy: white knight, epic sword, flowing cape. That's essentially why they had to use him to Digivolve imperialdramon to Paladin Mode...from a thematic standpoint. In order for the 02 Digidestined to inherit the real status as "ultimate champion protectors" they needed to one-up Omnimon, or even better: incorporate Omnimon into that power without actually DNA Digivolving with him (as that would again bring the 01 Digidestined to even footing with the 02 Digidestined). This isn't done from the point of view of the characters, but rather from the creators who needed to complete the theme of the transfer of burdens.

    Another reason is simple human preference: we love strong characters. Add to that the fact that Omnimon is the pinnacle of not one but two popular Digivolution lines, and he has a wide fanbase. Plus, he has an epic name. Omnimon, Omegamon...there's a certain amount of regalia that lends itself to latin/greek-based nomenclature. Ironically, his japanese name is derived from the last letter of the alphabet, the "end", and yet he was the first Royal Knight introduced.

    Favorite Xros Wars character...not sure. I kinda like DarkKnightmon.

    Favorite Species...oh, tough one. can't really decide.

    "You can call yourself whatever you want.
    Soldier. Leader. Patriot. Revolutionary. It doesn't matter.
    At our core we're all the same thing.
    Monsters."

  17. #4767
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    3,141

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kamotz View Post
    Griff, Omnimon holds the spot of first "uber good-guy" we ever got. All throughout the rest of the first series the good guys were at a disadvantage, always struggling. Until Omnimon. Omnimon comes in and boom. He's the quintessential ultimate good guy: white knight, epic sword, flowing cape. That's essentially why they had to use him to Digivolve imperialdramon to Paladin Mode...from a thematic standpoint. In order for the 02 Digidestined to inherit the real status as "ultimate champion protectors" they needed to one-up Omnimon, or even better: incorporate Omnimon into that power without actually DNA Digivolving with him (as that would again bring the 01 Digidestined to even footing with the 02 Digidestined). This isn't done from the point of view of the characters, but rather from the creators who needed to complete the theme of the transfer of burdens.

    Another reason is simple human preference: we love strong characters. Add to that the fact that Omnimon is the pinnacle of not one but two popular Digivolution lines, and he has a wide fanbase. Plus, he has an epic name. Omnimon, Omegamon...there's a certain amount of regalia that lends itself to latin/greek-based nomenclature. Ironically, his japanese name is derived from the last letter of the alphabet, the "end", and yet he was the first Royal Knight introduced.

    Favorite Xros Wars character...not sure. I kinda like DarkKnightmon.

    Favorite Species...oh, tough one. can't really decide.
    Yeeeeah, I guess I'm the exception that proves the rule. But on the other hand, I like Susanoomon. Maybe it's because Omnimon is so popular and my mind will go and start thinking "Eh, he's not that great".

    who is your favourite Xros Wars character?

    I have a couple actually. I'm not sure if I can choose just one. In no particular order: Shoutmon, Ballistamon, Blastmon, MailBirdramon, Greymon and Beelzemon. Zenjirou's pretty funny too.

    What is your favourite species that has debuted in Xros Wars?

    It might be MailBirdramon, new Greymon or Blastmon. Shoutmon X4K is pretty cool too.
    Last edited by Griff4815; 1st February 2011 at 10:16 PM.
    Claimed: Grovyle - November 10th, 2013
    Chapter 19 is up.

  18. #4768
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    on Earth
    Posts
    2,952

    Default

    Digimon Rumble! Gallantmon Crimson Mode vs. Omnimon! Battle of Knights! Both are the same size (ala X-Evolution instead of Revenge of Diaboromon's huge-Omnimon). Battle takes place on the internet. No partners and no Digvolution

    Ok this will be a hard one and I think this will become a big debate since Kamotz and most likely Hotshot will go for Omnimon.

    In this rumble I would give the battle to Gallantmon Crimson Mode. Why? Quite honestly I think Gallantmon CM is on a different level than Omnimon, right up there with Susanoomon and Imperialdramon PM.

    Speed wise Gallantmon looks like he has the advantage since he has 6 wings even though Omnimon has been shown to have high speed. But in Gallantmon CM's defense Omnimon appears more often than him. However Gallantmon is pretty fast when he flies if you watched the episodes and movies he appeared in like Run Away Locomon.

    Attack wise I'd give it to Gallantmon CM as well. His Quo Vadis (used with the Gungnir aka Odin's spear in Norse mythology) would tear through Omnimon like a hot knife through butter since it took out a amount of Parasimon in one blow. His Invincible Sword attack would hold up to Omnimon's Grey Sword and it took out a huge D-Reaper head with one blow.

    Omnimon's Garuru Cannon would be a minor annoyance, why? Because of Gallantmon CM's high defense. Gallantmon CM's whole body is made up of Red Chrome Digizoid the strongest defense Chrome Digizoid. Besides Gallantmon CM would not sit around to get hit by Garuru Cannon.

    Maybe if the battle was between Omnimon X and Gallantmon CM then it would be a closer match but Gallantmon CM would overwhelm Omnimon.

    Let me clarify before there is a misunderstanding. Gallantmon CM is the ultimate Gallantmon, Gallantmon X would be a step below him and I think Gallantmon X is just a bit stronger than Omnimon until Omnimon upgrades to X-antibody. Here is a chart for my train of thought.

    Gallantmon CM > Omnimon normal. Gallantmon CM > Gallantmon X.
    Gallantmon < Omnimon normal. Gallantmon X > Omnimon normal.
    Gallantmon X < Omnimon X. Gallantmon CM = Omnimon X with the match going either way between the 2.

    There is another reason I chose Gallantmon CM. There was an article from Toei and Bandai about new digimon they were supposed to introduce and I can't find it again for some reason. Anyways the article talked about finishing off the Olympian God digimon cast like introducing Plutomon, Jupitermon, and Junomon.

    Then they moved on to digivolution and the interesting thing there was the mentioning of Odinmon. Gallantmon was originally designed to become Odinmon by DNA digivolving with Sleipmon who is Odin's horse. Sleipmon's Red Chrome Digizoid would cover Gallantmon in its high defense capabilities and give him access to Gungnir the spear of Odin that never misses.

    The article ended with some comments about Amaterasumon and Tsukiyomimon and how they were supposed to appear with Susanoomon.
    I wish I could find the article again but it seems to be pulled off the Internet or maybe I'm just not looking hard enough.

    Well anyways Gallantmon CM has my vote to win the battle between him and Omnimon.

    who is your favourite Xros Wars character?
    Taiki because he is a fresh change to the usual goggle head.

    What is your favourite species that has debuted in Xros Wars?

    The Demon Lords that were introduced so far with about 4 of them appearing.
    I hope they show Barbamon, Daemon, and Belphemon later on.

  19. #4769
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    On the run from freedom
    Posts
    2,417

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonash310 View Post
    In this rumble I would give the battle to Gallantmon Crimson Mode. Why? Quite honestly I think Gallantmon CM is on a different level than Omnimon, right up there with Susanoomon and Imperialdramon PM.

    DUDE!? omnimon IS on par with Susanoomon. What the hell are you saying? Did I miss something? Imperialdramon PM, in my opinion, would be quite a bit stronger than Omni, but not too much. And by the way, Gallantmon X IS a step up from CM.

    Speed wise Gallantmon looks like he has the advantage since he has 6 wings even though Omnimon has been shown to have high speed. But in Gallantmon CM's defense Omnimon appears more often than him. However Gallantmon is pretty fast when he flies if you watched the episodes and movies he appeared in like Run Away Locomon.

    By that logic, angemon is faster than that, since hes got 8 wings. And baby lucemon is the fastest thing in the digimon world, with a whooping twelve.

    Attack wise I'd give it to Gallantmon CM as well. His Quo Vadis (used with the Gungnir aka Odin's spear in Norse mythology) would tear through Omnimon like a hot knife through butter since it took out a amount of Parasimon in one blow. His Invincible Sword attack would hold up to Omnimon's Grey Sword and it took out a huge D-Reaper head with one blow.

    Yeah, no. Parasimon is nothing. It was a small mega shown to have no attacking power. For Gods sake, Marineangemon was whooping them by the dozens. I hardly see how parasimon poses a threat in battle. I disagree with Omnimons sword being on par with any of CMs weapons, but Im going to go easy on you and "pretend" to accept this. Fine. The sword is on par, what about the cannon that packs megatons of destructive power? yeah, your spear is bound to top that.

    Omnimon's Garuru Cannon would be a minor annoyance, why? Because of Gallantmon CM's high defense. Gallantmon CM's whole body is made up of Red Chrome Digizoid the strongest defense Chrome Digizoid. Besides Gallantmon CM would not sit around to get hit by Garuru Cannon.

    Sorry, but no. Ive read up, and no where does it state Cm is made of Red Chrome digizoid. Its red metal, but not red chrome digizoid. And dont say its assumable, since in that case Metalgarurumons body is made of blue chrome digizoid, giving Supreme cannon a punching power faster than what you claim CM is. And, unlike CM, Omnimon actually has a shield waiting to be used in his right shoulder. Hows that for defensive power?

    Maybe if the battle was between Omnimon X and Gallantmon CM then it would be a closer match but Gallantmon CM would overwhelm Omnimon.

    Omnimon X is CON.FU**ING.FIRMED to be the most powerful digimon to exist. Period. What you said is pure blasphemy.

    Let me clarify before there is a misunderstanding. Gallantmon CM is the ultimate Gallantmon, Gallantmon X would be a step below him and I think Gallantmon X is just a bit stronger than Omnimon until Omnimon upgrades to X-antibody. Here is a chart for my train of thought.

    Like I said, X is a power up from CM. CM is a transformation like any other, while X "brings out the true power in the depths of the digi-core". Likewise, Beelzemon Blast Mode is weaker than Beelzemon X, for example. Which many ppl dont admit either.
    Replied above.

    Good to know about the article thing, if its true.

  20. #4770
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Mephisto's Cafe
    Posts
    2,602

    Default

    Speed wise Gallantmon looks like he has the advantage since he has 6 wings even though Omnimon has been shown to have high speed. But in Gallantmon CM's defense Omnimon appears more often than him. However Gallantmon is pretty fast when he flies if you watched the episodes and movies he appeared in like Run Away Locomon.
    # of wings =/= speed. In that case Ravemon shouldn't be very fast at all, Niether should UlforceVeedramon, MirageGaogamon, or MetalGarurumon. And yet they are VERY fast. If wings were an indication of speed, Seraphimon would be uncatchable. The wings are an indication of holy rank. That's why the higher up you go on the angel digivolutions, the more wings they have. Angemon = 6, Angewomon/MagnaAngemon = 8, Seraphimon/Ophanimon(?) = 10, Lucemon = 12. Gallantmon CMs wings are only indicative of his holy nature.

    In this rumble I would give the battle to Gallantmon Crimson Mode. Why? Quite honestly I think Gallantmon CM is on a different level than Omnimon, right up there with Susanoomon and Imperialdramon PM.
    Disagree.
    Gallantmon = Mega I
    Gallantmon CM = Mega 2

    WarGreymon/MetalGarurumon = Mega 1
    Imperialdramon DM = Mega 1
    Imperialdramon FM = Mega 2 (sort of power doesn't exactly reflect that)
    Omnimon = Mega 2
    Imperialdramon PM = Mega 3

    Attack wise I'd give it to Gallantmon CM as well. His Quo Vadis (used with the Gungnir aka Odin's spear in Norse mythology) would tear through Omnimon like a hot knife through butter since it took out a amount of Parasimon in one blow. His Invincible Sword attack would hold up to Omnimon's Grey Sword and it took out a huge D-Reaper head with one blow.
    Parasimon argument is invalid. Guardromon killed two with a missile. He also didn't attack the Parasimon, he attacked the digital gate. Omnimon killed thousands upon thousands of Diaboromon (a significantly stronger Mega) with 5 shots...4 if you don't count the fact that he turned back all of their attacks with one swing of the Transcendent Sword. Gallantmon used Final Justice to kill the Jeri-D-Reaper head. Both his weapons were then destroyed by some evil breath attack. It doesn't speak highly for them.

    Omnimon's Garuru Cannon would be a minor annoyance, why? Because of Gallantmon CM's high defense. Gallantmon CM's whole body is made up of Red Chrome Digizoid the strongest defense Chrome Digizoid. Besides Gallantmon CM would not sit around to get hit by Garuru Cannon.
    Red armor does not equate to Red Digizoid. There is no mention anywhere of Crimson Mode's acquisition of Red Digizoid. It's just red armor. He doesn't need to sit still. Supreme Cannon goes pretty fast and has a huge area-of-effect. Regardless, this won't come down to a stand/sit-and-fire battle. It'll be close and long range, and Omnimon simply dominates because of his supreme adaptability and proficiency in both those areas.

    There is another reason I chose Gallantmon CM. There was an article from Toei and Bandai about new digimon they were supposed to introduce and I can't find it again for some reason. Anyways the article talked about finishing off the Olympian God digimon cast like introducing Plutomon, Jupitermon, and Junomon.

    Then they moved on to digivolution and the interesting thing there was the mentioning of Odinmon. Gallantmon was originally designed to become Odinmon by DNA digivolving with Sleipmon who is Odin's horse. Sleipmon's Red Chrome Digizoid would cover Gallantmon in its high defense capabilities and give him access to Gungnir the spear of Odin that never misses.

    The article ended with some comments about Amaterasumon and Tsukiyomimon and how they were supposed to appear with Susanoomon.
    I wish I could find the article again but it seems to be pulled off the Internet or maybe I'm just not looking hard enough.
    While this is an interesting point, it has no bearing on the fight. Furthermore, until you can provide proof of said article we cannot take it as fact or anything more than your word.

    In fact, Gallantmon is based on the mythical Siegfried/Sigurd. From his sword (gram) to his steed (grani), Just as ChaosGAllantmon's weapon is the Balmung (another sword of Sigurd). Furthermore, Crimson Mode is not, in fact, referencing Odin. The Blutgang sword is mentioned in other obscure germanic legends while the spear Gungnir is actually a symbol of victory in battle. What this does is simply reinforce gallantmon's position as a hero-knight. Also, it was only several years after Gallantmon's appearance that Sleipmon was introduced.

    "You can call yourself whatever you want.
    Soldier. Leader. Patriot. Revolutionary. It doesn't matter.
    At our core we're all the same thing.
    Monsters."

  21. #4771
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    on Earth
    Posts
    2,952

    Default

    Well ok I see both of your points but if that is the case then I honestly don't see the point of including Omnimon in any digimon rumbles besides ones against overly powerful digimon like ZeedMilleniummon and Imperialdramon PM.

    However the battle is not one-sided in this case and I think Gallantmon CM would edge out a win. Overall it really is unfair to have one digimon that appears often and whose abilities we can see for ourselves vs a digimon who appears once or twice in the franchise but I guess that is how it works.

    Anyways I've made my case and while I can't find that article I'll still look for it. Also Kamotz thanks for telling me about Sigurd because I couldn't find anything about Blutgang but I still think Gallantmon CM = Odin.

    DUDE!? omnimon IS on par with Susanoomon. What the hell are you saying? Did I miss something? Imperialdramon PM, in my opinion, would be quite a bit stronger than Omni, but not too much. And by the way, Gallantmon X IS a step up from CM.
    Omnimon X is on par with Susanoomon since both have the ability to delete and rewrite the digital world but Omnimon without the X-antibody is just a very strong digimon who very few digimon can defeat. I fail to see how Gallantmon X is a step up from CM since both are a mode change and yes Gallantmon X is powerful I think Gallantmon CM is stronger.

    Sorry, but no. Ive read up, and no where does it state Cm is made of Red Chrome digizoid. Its red metal, but not red chrome digizoid. And dont say its assumable, since in that case Metalgarurumons body is made of blue chrome digizoid, giving Supreme cannon a punching power faster than what you claim CM is. And, unlike CM, Omnimon actually has a shield waiting to be used in his right shoulder. Hows that for defensive power?
    Ok my bad for that, but Omnimon has a shoulder guard not a shield unless it can detach from his shoulder.

    Omnimon X is CON.FU**ING.FIRMED to be the most powerful digimon to exist. Period. What you said is pure blasphemy.
    Whoa where was I when this was announced? He may have the Omega in force but Alphamon has the Alpha in force and UlforceVeedramon has Ulforce the opposite of deletion. Saying any digimon is the strongest is a matter of opinion unless Bandai/Toei specially said that Omnimon X is the strongest digimon to exist and I'm sure Chronomon along with a whole of other digimon have to say something about that.

    Like I said, X is a power up from CM. CM is a transformation like any other, while X "brings out the true power in the depths of the digi-core". Likewise, Beelzemon Blast Mode is weaker than Beelzemon X, for example. Which many ppl dont admit either.
    Funny you should say that when Gallantmon CM seals the power of the digital hazard within it's digicore which lets Gallantmon "unveil its full potential" as stated on Digimon Wikia. Also Gallantmon CM can get the X-antibody if we bring in Digimon World 4 into the equation and he is the boss of the Gaia Origin in Digimon World Dawn/Dusk.

    Edit: I forgot to answer this lol

    # of wings =/= speed. In that case Ravemon shouldn't be very fast at all, Niether should UlforceVeedramon, MirageGaogamon, or MetalGarurumon. And yet they are VERY fast. If wings were an indication of speed, Seraphimon would be uncatchable. The wings are an indication of holy rank. That's why the higher up you go on the angel digivolutions, the more wings they have. Angemon = 6, Angewomon/MagnaAngemon = 8, Seraphimon/Ophanimon(?) = 10, Lucemon = 12. Gallantmon CMs wings are only indicative of his holy nature.
    Well I wasn't sure so I went with the wings but I never said a digimon's wings determine their speed. I specifically said it looks like Gallantmon CM is faster because of his 6 wings which doesn't mean he is faster.
    Last edited by Crimsonlink; 1st February 2011 at 11:43 PM.

  22. #4772
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Mephisto's Cafe
    Posts
    2,602

    Default

    It doesn't look like I can persuade you otherwise, which is fine. I'm content with agreeing that Omnimon and Gallantmon CM are Digimon of essentially equal power and level. The difference, in my opinion, is Omnimon's ability to multitask. He's a beast no matter where you fight him. This is reflected in most of the cards he's appeared on. Usually his two attacks are both insanely high and equal. I will admit that in some instances Gallantmon CM has had one attack that just barely edges out either of Omnimon's by a few points, but his other is MUCH lower.

    And I'll disagree that Gallantmon X > Gallantmon CM. Crimson has consistently appeared stronger in the card games (when they appear in the same or consecutive released sets). Going by cards alone isn't a fool-proof way to judge, but when the only instances of their appearance are a few brief moments of a movie, the cards are the next best thing.

    Anyways I've made my case and while I can't find that article I'll still look for it. Also Kamotz thanks for telling me about Sigurd because I couldn't find anything about Blutgang but I still think Gallantmon CM = Odin
    .

    This I cannot get on board with. This page has the norse saga that contains Blutgang. It's a relatively minor footnote in the overall scheme of things. But to claim that Gallantmon CM = Odin is ludicrous. Aside from the spear, he has none of Odin's associations. He is neither one-eyed, riding an eight-legged horse, grey-bearded, or attended by ravens and wolves.

    Gallantmon is Sigurd/Siegfried. Hero? check. Gram? Check. Grani? Check. If you look at it in terms of the legend, Siegfried became invulnerable after bathing in the blood of the dragon Fafnir and also gained the ability to understand the language of the bird. What is the source of Gallantmon's Crimson Mode? Grani's data. What is Digital Grani shaped like? A dragon. And why did Grani give Gallantmon his data in Tamers? For wings...like a bird.

    Gallantmon = Sigurd/Siegfried.

    ====

    Actually, now that I think of it, Bagramon does have some of Odin's characteristics. His ever-glowing eye and association with presiding over death...he's also got a beard. Is horned, like a viking (the usual worshiper of Odin) is typically depicted. It's said his body was formed out of a "ghostly tree". Odin only obtained his supreme wisdom and power after sacrificing himself (hanging) on the "World Ash Tree" Yggdrasil. He also gave up one of his eyes so that he could gain wisdom. Bagramon sees everything while Odin's ravens return to him each night and tell him everything that has happened. Bagramon is the "sage of death" while Odin is a type of death god: he has the dead gathered and brought by his Valkyries to Valhalla.

    Interesting...It would seem that Bagramon could be interpreted as the Digimon version of a Christian demonization of the pagan god Odin. As Christian missionaries often did, they demonized the pagan gods of the region in order to convert more people. What once was Odin sacrificing his body for wisdom became a rebellion against God.

    "You can call yourself whatever you want.
    Soldier. Leader. Patriot. Revolutionary. It doesn't matter.
    At our core we're all the same thing.
    Monsters."

  23. #4773
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    on Earth
    Posts
    2,952

    Default

    lolz Ok you have just convinced me to change my idea of Gallantmon CM being Odin into Gallantmon CM = Sigurd. I like your idea about Bagramon being like Odin and it would make sense.

    It doesn't look like I can persuade you otherwise, which is fine. I'm content with agreeing that Omnimon and Gallantmon CM are Digimon of essentially equal power and level. The difference, in my opinion, is Omnimon's ability to multitask. He's a beast no matter where you fight him. This is reflected in most of the cards he's appeared on. Usually his two attacks are both insanely high and equal. I will admit that in some instances Gallantmon CM has had one attack that just barely edges out either of Omnimon's by a few points, but his other is MUCH lower.

    And I'll disagree that Gallantmon X > Gallantmon CM. Crimson has consistently appeared stronger in the card games (when they appear in the same or consecutive released sets). Going by cards alone isn't a fool-proof way to judge, but when the only instances of their appearance are a few brief moments of a movie, the cards are the next best thing.
    Yeah Omnimon is a beast, but there are so many factors in a battle between digimon of equal level. Like Gallantmon CM using his attacks to blind Omnimon and stab him or Omnimon using Garuru Cannon to creat some smoke to hide so he can attack Gallantmon CM with the Grey Sword.

    All I can say is that neither of them would come out of the battle without scars or limbs missing lol.

    In order for Gallantmon CM to win he needs the battle to be in close combat since his ranged attacks aren't as good but this is dangerous because of the Grey Sword and a shot of close range Garuru Cannon. If Gallantmon CM uses his Blutgang and lands a blow on Omnimon then he might just win especially if it ends up ripping an arm off. Also Gungnir can be used with it's double ended lance to deadly effect if Omnimon isn't careful.

    In order for Omnimon to win, he needs to use his Grey Sword well and not get too close to Gallantmon CM. It would be a very bad idea to face Gallantmon CM in close combat so using Garuru Cannon is the way to go unless Gallantmon CM loses one of his sword/spear. Garuru Cannon's long range mode should not be used (the beam one from X-Evolution is what I mean) because while Gallantmon is dodging around the beam he can throw Gungnir towards Omnimon with his Quo Vadis and that would hurt. Using shots of the Garuru Cannon and ending the battle with Grey Sword looks to be Omnimon's best bet.

    So anybody else got a different scenario? Try not to favor one digimon over the other like "Omnimon uses Grey Sword and wins the battle after stabbing Gallantmon CM", that would be unrealistic.

  24. #4774
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Mephisto's Cafe
    Posts
    2,602

    Default

    The difficulty with CM is that his weapons are very specialized. Gungnir is a thrusting-stabbing only weapon. It has no edge, only a point. And with only one arm's strength behind it it won't be as effective. Likewise, the Blutgang makes a better slasher. The thinner, narrower blade means it's thrusting capability is less. But it makes a better slashing weapon.

    Contrarily, Omnimon's sword is more multi-purpose. It is wider and thicker than the BLutgang, giving it more effectiveness as a stabbing weapon, and it's edge makes it a good slasher. Close up Omnimon can also use the cannon as a parrying object or a crude bludgeoning weapon. One whack across the face from that thing will certainly stun anyone for the split second it takes Omnimon to ready a Supreme Cannon.

    The problem with Gallantmon's Quo Vadis/Crimson Light is that it's a one-off. Once he uses that he no longer has his Gungnir, Final Justice, or that attack to use again. The likelyhood that either of these guys can be taken out by one attack is extremely low. That, for me, is why the battle shifts in Omnimon's favor. Unless Gallantmon uses Crimson Light as a finisher, it isn't going to put Omnimon down and then he's only got one weapon and one attack left. If he saves it for a finisher, he's going to have to constantly question when to use it. That questioning and hesitation is going to cost him. Omnimon, on the other hand, doesn't have to worry. Fire off seven huge cannon blasts? No problem, he's not worried. And this isn't even taking into account the ice-blasts that omnimon can supposedly use. It wouldn't be enough to freeze Gallantmon solid and break him apart, but it'd slow him down for a few seconds if it hit.

    "You can call yourself whatever you want.
    Soldier. Leader. Patriot. Revolutionary. It doesn't matter.
    At our core we're all the same thing.
    Monsters."

  25. #4775
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Place With Many Tourists
    Posts
    494

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonash310 View Post
    Also Gallantmon CM can get the X-antibody if we bring in Digimon World 4 into the equation and he is the boss of the Gaia Origin in Digimon World Dawn/Dusk.
    Not true. Beelzemon and Gallantmon CM are both the final bosses of the Gaia Origin challenge. Alphamon and Omnimon say that the next two battles will be different from the rest.

Page 191 of 259 FirstFirst ... 91141181187188189190191192193194195201241 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •