Page 201 of 259 FirstFirst ... 101151191197198199200201202203204205211251 ... LastLast
Results 5,001 to 5,025 of 6474

Thread: The Digimon Club 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by Leomon View Post
    havent been here for a long time now, not since page 145 actually, damn. well, i'll try to be more active here once again.
    Leomon, hey! It's certainly been a while. And you stopped by and posted at an opportune moment, stealing away the 5,000th post of the club (if we're counting my original post as the first). You're one lucky dude. =P

(Credit for the banner image goes to All0412 from DeviantArt!)

Chapter Three: The Seashore House
    "Do you guys have any milk?"
    "No, but we have soda pop."
    "How about some fresh water?"
    "Fresh out. Would you like a soda pop?"

Terra Force!

-Totally reminds me of the days I used to play DRA; still do though

Anyway; just here requesting if I may join. I read the rules throughly and I hope I'm accepted. On a related note; I looked through your banners; and had a little idea so I took a shot at designing one myself.

Please tell me what you think. I used to concept of ShoutmonX5 since the version of this club is 5.0

My favourite digimon has always been veemon; so may I have Demiveemon as an in-training?
    Last edited by Bleu; 25th March 2011 at 2:42 PM. Reason: Resized banner; because I forgot to crop down the Hi-rez variation. Added In-Training Digimon. Thanks Crimsonash.

Serebii lurker since 2006.

When Omnimon X used All Delete on Yggdrasil, he came crashing down on it with his sword. The moment his sword met its target, the attack spread and reset the entire Digital World. So no, Omnimon X doesn't have to touch every single one of them. He only has to touch one of them.
    Yup but I think that was because Yggdrasil was connected to the entire Digital World. I'm assuming that All-Delete runs out of energy eventually otherwise it would be the most broken attack out of every Digimon's attack.

The only counter to All-Delete I can think of is to avoid the blade or if it hits, cut off the body part that is hit before it spreads to the rest of the body. Unless you are UlForceVeedramon who can rewrite his data faster than his data being deleted due to the Ulforce or Alphamon who has the Alpha-gain force.

Anyways congrats Hotshot, this club has hit past the 5000th post, I feel pretty proud since my posts contributed as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bleu View Post
    Terra Force!

-Totally reminds me of the days I used to play DRA; still do though

Anyway; just here requesting if I may join. I read the rules throughly and I hope I'm accepted. On a related note; I looked through your banners; and had a little idea so I took a shot at designing one myself.

Please tell me what you think. I used to concept of ShoutmonX5 since the version of this club is 5.0

My favourite digimon has always been veemon; so may I have Demiveemon as an in-training?
    Accepted! Nice banner, by the way. And welcome.
    Claimed: Grovyle - November 10th, 2013
    Chapter 21 is up.

Am I allowed to make my own userbar? o3o
    And that banner was awesome xD
    Pokemon X FC: 0318-8348-3829 (Grass: Tangela, Swadloon, Gogoat)
    ★☆★ PokeFarm ❖❖❖ GPX+ ❖❖❖ Vdex ❖❖❖ Renva Region ☆★☆

Quote Originally Posted by Infernape77 View Post
    Am I allowed to make my own userbar? o3o
    And that banner was awesome xD
    Yeah, go ahead.
    Chapter 21 is up.

Thanks totally; if I get time; I might draw a render of a digimon from scratch rather than use a pre-existing picture from from the anime >_>; but what can one do? Besides; Shoutmon X5 is pretty.

I hope I'm not being too spoilerific in saying so; but is there a date pinned yet on the Fusion Battles Dub? [Otherwise known as Xros wars]
    On a similar note; what were peoples thoughts on the sub?

I haven't heard of a date yet. I really hope they do dub it. I'm just hoping the execs of the network don't make the dubbers cut very much. I'm a bit concerned about that since it seems like there's a lot of "cuttable" things (i.e. Shoutmon being stabbed, Neptunemon being impaled, etc.)

I really like the sub, actually. The only voice I find unbearable is Cutemon, everybody else's is pretty awesome. Shoutmon's voice fits his character especially well. It's probably my second favourite season right now, just behind Tamers.
    Chapter 21 is up.

I hope I'm not being too spoilerific in saying so; but is there a date pinned yet on the Fusion Battles Dub? [Otherwise known as Xros wars]
    On a similar note; what were peoples thoughts on the sub?
    I think the subs are amazing personally. I'm not sure now since the guy that subbed the episodes in hd isn't on youtube (I can't seem to find him) but I had HD subbed videos of Xros Wars to watch back a month or 2. As for the date on the Dub, not known as of yet.

I didn't know that Xros Wars is getting translated as Fusion battles lolz. I guess they didn't want the word wars in the title or something.

How about a new topic?(although I'm not sure if this ones been used yet)

What do you think is better, the games or the show for digimon?
    I would say the show.

Pokemon Soulsilver Badge Quest

Complete!

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0649-6456

The show for me. I only have two digimon games. (Brave Tamer and Digimon World Dawn). I've only played the latter so far and it's hard. The show has better characters and fights and stuff. I also don't like the idea of somebody having three+ digimon partners.
    Chapter 21 is up.

Depends, if they get their brains into order then the games could surpass the shows but they have to stop copying pokemon first. Anyways the shows are just plain better although the games are fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonash310 View Post

Depends, if they get their brains into order then the games could surpass the shows but they have to stop copying pokemon first. Anyways the shows are just plain better although the games are fun.
    I would partially disagree with that. The Digimon games are very different from the Pokemon ones (with the exception of Digimon Championship, which had a few similarities to Pokemon Ranger). Especially the original Digimon World (one of the best Digimon games, in my opinion), Digimon World 4 (still one of my favorite co-op games), and the Rumble Arenas.

I also feel like the battle-aspect of the Digimon DS games are still original enough to not be considered knock-offs of Pokemon. Many games have similar turn-based battle styles. Digimon and Pokemon both just happen to involve monsters in those turn-based battles.

Now, as for me, I would definitely say that the television show is generally better than the games (because Bandai isn't really known for its spectacular video games).

While some of the series (most notably Data Squad, in my opinion) would doubtless be beaten in awesomeness by one of the video games, the shows for the most part overshadow the games. To me, at least.

(Credit for the banner image goes to All0412 from DeviantArt!)

Chapter Three: The Seashore House
    "Do you guys have any milk?"
    "No, but we have soda pop."
    "How about some fresh water?"
    "Fresh out. Would you like a soda pop?"

I would partially disagree with that. The Digimon games are very different from the Pokemon ones (with the exception of Digimon Championship, which had a few similarities to Pokemon Ranger). Especially the original Digimon World (one of the best Digimon games, in my opinion), Digimon World 4 (still one of my favorite co-op games), and the Rumble Arenas.

I also feel like the battle-aspect of the Digimon DS games are still original enough to not be considered knock-offs of Pokemon. Many games have similar turn-based battle styles. Digimon and Pokemon both just happen to involve monsters in those turn-based battles.

Now, as for me, I would definitely say that the television show is generally better than the games (because Bandai isn't really known for its spectacular video games).

While some of the series (most notably Data Squad, in my opinion) would doubtless be beaten in awesomeness by one of the video games, the shows for the most part overshadow the games. To me, at least.
    I agree with what you are saying but if you think about it the DS games copy pokemon a lot. I mean Dusk and Dawn? lolz The Digimon World series was the real original digimon games unlike the handheld versions IMO. Digimon World Data Squad is a horrible game and is a poor attempt at copying the pokemon RPG series they have for the main consoles. (Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness and Colosseum) So far that has been the only disappointing Digimon World. I am looking forward to Digimon Story: Lost Evolution on the DS though.

I do wish that Digimon Adventure Anode/Cathode Tamer came out on a system other than Wonderswan along with it's sequel Tag Tamers.

Has anyone ever played those 2 games on the Wonder Swan?

I agree with what you are saying but if you think about it the DS games copy pokemon a lot. I mean Dusk and Dawn? lolz The Digimon World series was the real original digimon games unlike the handheld versions IMO. Digimon World Data Squad is a horrible game and is a poor attempt at copying the pokemon RPG series they have for the main consoles. (Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness and Colosseum) So far that has been the only disappointing Digimon World. I am looking forward to Digimon Story: Lost Evolution on the DS though.

I do wish that Digimon Adventure Anode/Cathode Tamer came out on a system other than Wonderswan along with it's sequel Tag Tamers.

Has anyone ever played those 2 games on the Wonder Swan?
    Nope. I do own a Wonderswan (bought specifically for Brave Tamer, which I'm still waiting for an English script for) but I expect they'd be quite rare.
    Chapter 21 is up.

Shows, hands down.

The games are nice and fun to play, but aren't strong enough without the anime to back it up, BlackWarGreymon won't be as popular to play with the games along with almost any digimon from the show, without the Anime.

Now Anime vs manga on the other hand...

I definitely prefer the Anime over the games. If they could make a new game similar in feel to DW1 but with all/many of the Digimon species released since then I'd be all over it. I have Dawn, but It's really quite repetitive and just..."meh"-ish. I did enjoy getting to use all my favorite Digimon, but the battle system was pretty awful and the graphics are absurdly primitive for a DS game.

"You can call yourself whatever you want.
    Soldier. Leader. Patriot. Revolutionary. It doesn't matter.
    At our core we're all the same thing.
    Monsters."

I'll agree with the copying thing over Digimon World 2003/3; but I'll draw the line at that. 2003 is still my favourite DW game hands down IMO.

It's an urban myth that X copied Y; Digimon started off as a tamigochi pet game and pokemon started as a GBA colour game in 1997.

But yeah; I definitely loved the anime more than the games. Brave Tamer was good; but Digimon Tamers was even better. And Xros is following very closely behind as my favourite anime so far; the artstyle is simply gorgeous compared to the monotone recycled animations in say Frontier or the Pokemon anime.

Bleu, that banner is awesome. Welcome to the club!

on the topic:

Anime. The only good digimon games are World 1, World 3, and the Rumble arenas. Period.
    And World 3 is the weakest of them, in my opinion. Its too long (fake longevity, look it up), too repetitive, and 90% of the game is grinding. Still one of my fave digi games though.

The DS games are even worse. 100% of that game is grinding! Even the missions you get assigned you fight digimon way below your level so you can get X experience to get a higher form and battle some boss who is either totally overpowered and unbeatable or a pitiful wall who wont kill you but wont get killed either. (IE, low attack, gbaksgb HP)

World 1 and the arenas are plain awesome. The card battle one was pretty cool, but card games are card games.

I agree with all the stuff Niedude said, I just really hope that Lost Evolution will break the terrible curse of the other digimon games.

Hey does anyone remember those tamigatchi digivice toys?

Hey does anyone remember those tamigatchi digivice toys?
    I had one of those as a kid. It was the Red Digivice based on season one, as in the same kind only red in color lolz. I raised Agumon on it but I didn't know what to do when battles happened so I lost quiet often. I lost it somewhere but I didn't really care because I had Digimon World 3 at that time.

Is it just me or does Lost Evolution looks exactly like World Dawn/Dusk? What have they changed in LE?
    Chapter 21 is up.

Quote Originally Posted by Griff4815 View Post
    Is it just me or does Lost Evolution looks exactly like World Dawn/Dusk? What have they changed in LE?
    LE's DV methods seem far different to DW Dusk/Dawn as far as the scans show me; I suppose it takes into account a fusion method akin to Xros wars but more tuned to DNA digivolution with more than two digimon perhaps?

Other than that; there's a blatant graphics recycle besides a few new digimon here and there. Here's to me hoping the game won't be short like the last.

Lost Evolution has this plate system where you need the plate to digivolve your partner into whatever digimon as long as you have the plate necessary and then insert that plate into the digivolution tree. Also there is no DNA evolution instead the digimon just digivolves to the DNA digimon.

The exp system has been overhauled to get rid off all those species exp from Dawn and Dusk. Plant and insect are 2 different species now and there are no more "must have befriended" requirements. (Thank you Bandai)

I got all this info from Digimon Wikia but my friend from Japan says that is how the system works when I called him a few days ago to ask how he is doing. Also I'm happy to note they fixed some of the Digivolutions lines, I mean Infermon to Piedmon as Infermon's main Mega level? What happened to Diaboromon? Anyways there are about 300+ Digimon which is awesome.

I just bought Digimon World today online and from what everyone is saying about it im getting really excited for it. I was looking at it onlline and since i have all the digimon worlds i thought why not.

Pokemon Soulsilver Badge Quest

Complete!

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0649-6456

Page 201 of 259 FirstFirst ... 101151191197198199200201202203204205211251 ... LastLast