Page 93 of 259 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103143193 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,325 of 6474

Thread: The Digimon Club 5.0

I just posted the next Guardians chapter. Keep in mind, though, that it's not very long. The original second chapter actually starred the Marauders and Tile, but I've split it up into two separate chapters.

ANNOUNCEMENT!

Just yesterday, palkia1 suggested that our club have a weekly event, and his idea was to have a Digimon of the Week! Palkia1 will be selecting the Weekly 'Mon and writing an article about it every week! Thanks, palkia1!

Check the first post in the club to find out which lucky Digimon won this week's title!
    Last edited by Hotshot; 17th January 2009 at 11:03 AM.

(Credit for the banner image goes to All0412 from DeviantArt!)

Chapter Three: The Seashore House
    "Do you guys have any milk?"
    "No, but we have soda pop."
    "How about some fresh water?"
    "Fresh out. Would you like a soda pop?"

Hi guys. It's been a long time ago. I'm back. Sorry, Hotshot.
    Did I miss anything? Lemme know when you tell me. Thank you.

I'm having Adventure 02 trouble. On Youtube, I can't find the second episode at all, which makes utterly no sense. Anyone got any tips for me?

Anyway, I think Digimon of the Week is a good idea. It keeps people going back to the front page, always good.

Today I rewatched a couple of Tamers episodes (I need to keep topped up on Biomerges) and I will never forget Beelzemon's Fist of the Beast King moment. Not ever. Ever ever ever ever ever!

And to round off, new topic:
    What is your opinion of human villains in Digimon?
    On this, I am adamant that there should be more human villains acting of their own free will. Yamaki was utterly a brilliant villain until he realised he was being a destructive twit and let the Tamers take charge on the Digimon issue. He was cool, calm and collected for the first part of Tamers, then him losing control in the Juggernaut part was sheer brilliance (especially when he just seems to regain control when he tries to strangle Henry). After that, he wasn't really a villain, but his villain moments rocked.

Kurata, the other villain, on the other hand, sucked. Utterly. Yamaki had the decency to not use Digimon, what did Kurata do, supposedly in the name of wiping out Digimon? Used Digimon. He used his Gizmon army, the Bio-Hybrids (heck, he got Thomas on his side by almost turning his sister into a Bio-Hybrid to "supposedly cure her disease") and finlly, Belphemon. My personal hate. All of the Digimon hate, destroying Eldoradimon, killing numerous Digimon ten years before Data Squad, getting DATS shut down for being Digimon loving renegades and what was it for? To get an even bigger and meaner Digimon out. What the hell?

And as if this utter contradiction of his motives isn't enough, he proceeds to stick himself inside the damn thing. What were they thinking when they came up with this guy? To make him the biggest joke in Digimon?

Given bad guys like Kurata, I'm not suprised everyone hates Data Squad.
    [CENTER]

Credit for the banner goes to Kamotz

My favotite was Ken from 02. H was wilingly whipping digimon and he even went to the extreme of making his own! true he was depressed from being in the shadow of his dead brother, but he was till my fav. Only thing that would have been better is if he was able to make wormmon digivlove with a digimetal, it would have been soooo coooool!!!

"Big man forgets what he is sometimes."

I really like the idea of having humans as villains in Digimon. Like storymasterb, I really don't like Kurata though. All his proclamations about him hating Digimon, and all he used was Digimon. It was really quite pathetic. Yamaki was good in Tamers while he was considered a villain, Oikawa was good in Adventure 02 (even if he was being controlled by MaloMyotismon) and so was Ken.

I really think that bringing humans in as the final villain or one of the final villains is a really good thing to do. If there's another Digimon series then I would like to see that happen (just not like Kurata).

As for your problem, storymasterb, I'm not sure why you can't find it. I just checked, because I've watched anime on Youtube before, and I found episode 2. It's the first one on the list after I search.
    Last edited by palkia1; 18th January 2009 at 2:39 AM.

Click here to visit my fan fic, Winds of the Past

Credit to Dragodynamite for the Userbar

@storymasterb I usually use animefuel.com to watch episodes of digimon. The only problems are sometimes the episode doesn't show up, some advertisements, and that you can only watch a few episodes at a time before being required to take a break.
    EDIT: I was just told that this website does not have Digimon Adventure 02. Sorry about the mistake! T_T But it does have all the other seasons I believe...

I loved Yamaki as a villain, and his change of heart was very well executed. I liked how he didn't use the digimon to carry out his 'plan' but instead used his own technology. Ken was a pretty good 'bad guy' but I always felt horrible when he was whipping a digimon... All in all, I like human villains.
    Last edited by redpanda; 18th January 2009 at 3:31 AM.
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own!" ~ Adam Savage
    My wonderful sppf cousin is Darato

I decided to try the whole dragon eggs thing so... meh.

Problem solved, I found the episodes. Episode 8 watched, yeah!

Anyway, following my new knowledge of 02, I'll add a Digimon Emperor section.

Now for Ken. A brilliant villain so far, especially his utter genius in using Andromon against the Digidestined and getting Davis to bow down and plead with him, courtesy of his pet Deltamon and dinner time. Plus, the Gazimon moment:

Wormmon: Aren't you going to give them thier reward, master?

Ken: Ah yes. Your reward is to be my slaves for eternity! Now get building that prison!

Oh, he is downright evil. He has the whip, the cold attitude (remember the poor puppy?) and the utterly ruthless side. He even looks just right. Another brilliant Ken quote coming up.

Ken: So you like addition? How about some multiplication! (brings out four more Tyrannomon to join his one)

So yeah. Ken doesn't beat Yamaki just yet, but he's close. Terribly close...

Anyway, 02 so far. Good series, I like the Armour Digivolution parts (good animations for each, with the past Digimon appearing around the Armor form. Favorite so far is probably Flamedramon's or Digmon's) Digidestined, I like the whole rivalry between Davis and TK, plus how Davis keeps getting annoyed when Kari keeps on saying good stuff to TK. Cody's grandfather and prune juice = LOL!

Cody's grandfather: I have travelled many countries and met many people, but I have found only one thing I can rely on... Prune juice!

I liked how TK got Patamon to become Angemon to take out one Guardromon (talk about overkill). Enemy Digimon wise, I liked Deltamon, the Guardromon and the Roachmon brothers.

So far, good. Particually when they realise Ken is the Digimon Emperor. I'll keep watching.

By the way, who does the whole "Keep watching Digimon, Digital Monsters" thing at the end of each episode? I haven't heard that voice before.
    [CENTER]

Credit for the banner goes to Kamotz

Quite fond of them, really. Except for Kurata since he doesn't make any sense, but the rest were cool. Oikawa is actually one of my favorite Digimon characters overall. That poor misguided obsessive fudged up guy, he just wanted to fulfill his childhood dream! I just can't help but feel sorry for the guy. Ken and Kouichi are both sad, sad individuals and I feel bad for them too, but at no point did they try to kill themselves and they actually got friends and stuff so the sympathy doesn't go as deep. And Yamaki's just a cool dude.

I'm very sorry I havn't been posting. It's just homework and all that.

I think human villains work cause most of the time the human villain wants to destroy the digital world. Also, they have no feelings for digimon which makes them even more wicked.

(Banner links to dragons on Dragon Adopters)

Credit to Cerulean-Charizard the awesome Ethan banner! Credit to aclover for the amazing PKMN trainer pic!

Spoiler:- Claims:

after recently been RPing a lot, I have been inspired to write my own Digimon RPG. I am working up a plot and if you have any ideas you can pm them to me XP thanks guys.

I like the human kids villain, like Ken and Kouichi. I also like when they later join the good side in the middle of the season and fight with the older villains or Digimon villains.

Digimon 3 or 4, The boy with wormon, was changing his mind for side with the light.
    But I have to watch Digimon season 4 and 3. -.- Because I watched Digimon season in ToonDisney so much but I missed some episodes.

Anyone knows where the website is for watching Digimon seasons 4 and 3.

New topic:
    What was your opinion on Willis and Terriermon? What did you like about them? What didn't you like about them?
    I liked Terriermon's personality a lot, but Willis never really grew on me. I liked the fact that he had two Digimon, Terriermon and Lopmon, but I didn't like how he always avoided other people. Yeah, I know it was because he was worried about them, but, I mean, when the guy who wants to help you has a hardheaded dragon for a partner that can become either a fiery warrior or an electrical wolf, you usually want him to help.
    Last edited by Hotshot; 19th January 2009 at 1:59 PM.

(Credit for the banner image goes to All0412 from DeviantArt!)

Chapter Three: The Seashore House
    "Do you guys have any milk?"
    "No, but we have soda pop."
    "How about some fresh water?"
    "Fresh out. Would you like a soda pop?"

What was your opinion on Willis and Terriermon? What did you like about them? What didn't you like about them?

Eh, I have no big opinion on them. I think the Terriermon from Tamers was better.
    Claimed: Grovyle - November 10th, 2013
    Chapter 17 is up.

I have to agree with Griff that the Terriermon in Tamers was much better then the one Willis had. I liked the idea of a DigiDestined having two Digimon, especially two twin Digimon, but I never really liked Willis. All Digimon movies seem rushed to me, and as such Willis felt rushed too, and that meant that I didn't like him anywhere near as much as the main DigiDestined from any series. The storyline and origins of Willis, Terriermon, and Lopmon were interesting, but I don't think I'd be able to like them as characters unless they were in a main TV series, because the movies are just too rushed in my opinion.

Augh. Look, Wallace was a nice kid and all and his Terriermon wasn't bad, but I just hate the movie they appear in so much. It throws continuity out the window, it throws common sense out the window, and its pacing is horrible. I just really can't stand it. The CD drama they appeared in was much better, but it didn't really follow the movie canon either so I don't know anymore.

Hmm... they had a close bond that was good, but the bond between cocomon and Wallis were better by far. The whole plot lne wasn't the best, they should have waited until the group could digivolve normally.

@Zero-Wolf Try animefuel.com though it doesn't have Adventure 02. There are a couple problems with it, but overall it works great for me.

Willis was okay, not too special in my opinion. Then again, the American dub of the Digimon movie was awful... But I agree that the Tamers Terriermon was a lot better. I love his sarcasm and 'Momentai' so much! <3 But the twin digimon idea was cool, though I like Lopmon in Tamers better too because they are still 'siblings' in a way.
    Last edited by redpanda; 19th January 2009 at 4:20 PM.
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own!" ~ Adam Savage
    My wonderful sppf cousin is Darato

I decided to try the whole dragon eggs thing so... meh.

This may be a blatant advertisment, but can I just ask people that like Digimon and Roleplay to check out the link in my sig. It's to one of the most active and friendly Digimon Forums on the internet. Anyway, now that's over.

I prefered this pair to the Series Three pair, as I liked the twin Digimon idea, and Rapidmon (Gold) was just such an awesome Digimon. Willis' charcacter was a bit confusing and annoying, but I thought it was a good pair.
    Greetings, I'm still a PASBLer.

I liked them, a lot.
    To me, they were the only perfectly done movie only characters that didn't require a cliche to ease their character buildage, like, for instance, Takato's cousin or that girl from the same movie who owned Labramon.

Terriermon was really cool, nowhere near the awesomeness of the third season's one, but the third season has the best personality for the main digimon than most others put together.

And I actually prefer the design of the GoldenRapidmon than that of the fatter version from season 3.
    Don't get me wrong, Rapidmon is one of my favorites (especially black), but the green one is way fatter than the armor one.

Plus, the armour one is as strong as Magnamon, meaning it is stronger than most megas!

I agree with niedude. I really like them. The idea 1 tamer and 2 digimon is cool. Willis is my favourite movie character. Terriermon is great, but maybe he got a little bit more atention then Lopmon. I only want it to be fair.
    Last edited by junpearl63; 21st January 2009 at 10:28 AM.

Can I join? .-. Banner links rock!
    Electivire, the king of my main team!

Quote Originally Posted by Avalon10210 View Post
    Can I join? .-. Banner links rock!
    Not until you read the rules.

Time for a new topic, everyone!

How old were you when you got into Digimon?

Me? When I was in the second grade (2002), my brother went to college at Singapore and bought me an CD. That CD is the first episode in season 2. I was really excited about it and I keep telling my brother to send me some more Digimon stuff.

I was in about Year 5 (about 8 years ago when i was 9 or 10). At first I thought Digimon was just a copy of Pokemon. One of my friends told me about it. Then he bought some Digimon cards to school and I thought it looked pretty cool. I've been a fan of Digimon ever since then.

Page 93 of 259 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103143193 ... LastLast