Page 99 of 259 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109149199 ... LastLast
Results 2,451 to 2,475 of 6474

Thread: The Digimon Club 5.0

In your opinion, should the next series (if there is one) have humans in it?

Definitely. There may be some lousy human characters (villains and heroes), but humans are an integral part of the Digimon storyline. They add a lot more dimension to the plot and I just couldn't imagine a Digimon series without humans in it. I just don't think it would be too good. As Demon of Light said, in a fifty episode long season it would be hard to either repeat yourself or go completely cliche if your only characters are the Digimon.

As for your banner Hotshot, it looks awesome. What does the text about Carlos mean though, or is it just completely random

Click here to visit my fan fic, Winds of the Past

Credit to Dragodynamite for the Userbar

Hey, don't be so hard just on Masaru. Thoma helped a lot by being a total Gary Stu and Yoshino helped by... well, being utterly useless. XP

Would've been better if Ikuto was the main character or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Demon of Light View Post
    Hey, don't be so hard just on Masaru. Thoma helped a lot by being a total Gary Stu and Yoshino helped by... well, being utterly useless. XP

Would've been better if Ikuto was the main character or something.
    Excuse me?
    Did you watch Savers besides the very first episodes?

Because the only time Thouma is considered as a Gary Stu is when he is introduced as a Gary Stu, in order to fuel a would be rivalry between him and Masaru.

The effort failed epicly, and Thouma had barely any more screentime than Yoshino.

True, he did have more, but you can sometimes see them struggling for some.

And Ikuto....

Just one thing, why does he speak broken japanese when everyone in the digital world, including lizards, dinosaurs and fish, speak perfectly fluent japanese?

Doesn't make a lick of sense.

Quote Originally Posted by niedude View Post
    Excuse me?
    Did you watch Savers besides the very first episodes?
    Yes, as a matter of fact, I did, and I found Thoma completely repulsive. Super genius, graduated from university at 12, Olympic-level boxer, all that nonsense... that never change, it just got worse. I almost started liking him when     Spoiler:- Huge Savers Spoilers:
    Thoma is a ridiculous cardboard character who's just supposed to be so amazing but really, really isn't.

And Ikuto....

Just one thing, why does he speak broken japanese when everyone in the digital world, including lizards, dinosaurs and fish, speak perfectly fluent japanese?

Doesn't make a lick of sense.
    Nope, that didn't make any sense and I hate that about Ikuto. But as a character, his behavior was much more believable than any of the other characters.

Wait, what?

I'm sorry, but I didn't know half of those things about Thouma.

Especially the licensed doctor part <.<
    If graduating at 14 wasn't bad enough (though possible, I remember an 11 year old atending college).

Ok, you're right, he was a Mary-Stu >.<

But Masaru was a pretty big enough one, too.

You see, that is why I don't want to keep watching savers.

And the second opening is AWESOME!

Though it went from AWESOME! to WHAT? about halfway through, because of the spoilers.

I already knew about Burst Mode Shinegreymon,and about the Royal Knights, but showing Burst Mode Shinegreymon when the regular version dayviewed the episode before is SERIOUSLY pushing it. And Showijng almost half of the royal knights, and clearly showing 3 of them speeding to the camera when Belphemon's silhoutte had yet to appear (appears the second or third episode the opening airs) is just.... enranging.

They clearly do not know how to make an anime.

I keep saying it, did they hire an 8 year old ADD suffering kid to write, produce, and direct the show?

Sometimes even the animatours suck, I mean episode 31 had the worst quality ever. Evangelion had better quality and its a 12 year old show.

At least the following eps had kick arse animation.

I'm officially going to say, both Marcus and Thomas have major character problems.

Thomas is just too good really, genius, graduation, doctor, prize, boxer etc. Two legendary words I hear so much over in fanfics: Gary Stu.

Marcus is too unbeatable, again: Gary Stu. Though this time, he is more physical. Let me see, he can knock over giant Digimon with a punch, breaks a giant SaberLeomon's FANG with guess what, a punch.

And kills the god of the Digital World with a... you guessed it, another punch.

I'm starting to wonde rhow much better this show could have een if they just made Keenan and Yoshino the main characters and put Thomas and Marcus in filler character roles. We could have a thing with Yoshino learning about Keenan vanishing ten years before and trying to find him, while Keenan somehow learns about his humanity and has to struggle with that without the DATS interfering.

Oh look, I just made Data Squad better. It's a miracle.
    [CENTER]

Credit for the banner goes to Kamotz

I haven't seen Savers. After hearing about it, I don't want to. It sounds bad... wait how could he kill someone in one hit not to mention the GOD of the Digital World. Hmm... sound like there were a lot of major plot twist aswell as plot wholes. Also the characters sound bad as stated above the perfect man and Mr. Universe(strongest man in America if you didn't know).

"Big man forgets what he is sometimes."

I tried watching Savers, I really did, but only got past the first few episodes. :/ I don't know, all the original 'magic' of digimon seemed to be absent for me. I also immediately hated Masaru as soon as I saw him. Really, you can punch a digimon and beat it? Where's the point of having a partner then?

Yes. I don't know how they would keep the series interesting without the human element. There are some bad human characters(like Masaru) but some are amazingly good. Plus I love the whole 'partners' aspect of digimon which is why I was kind of disappointed with Frontier.
    Last edited by redpanda; 2nd February 2009 at 10:27 PM.
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own!" ~ Adam Savage
    My wonderful sppf cousin is Darato

I decided to try the whole dragon eggs thing so... meh.

Very good point, redpanda. Precisely why Marcus is dumb, and the series is slowly killing Digimon.

Then again, this club is still here, and there is quite a good fanbase.

Problem being, anime tends to be the big netter for most fans, no anime, no fans. And seeing as Data Squad just half murdered Digimon again, there won't be anime for a while unless they get a new game out that sells extremely well.

And they don't. Screw. The. Anime. Up. Like. Data. Squad.

Cause if they do, goodbye Digimon.
    [CENTER]

Credit for the banner goes to Kamotz

Quote Originally Posted by palkia1 View Post
    As for your banner Hotshot, it looks awesome. What does the text about Carlos mean though, or is it just completely random
    Go back and read the first chapter of Guardians, and it will be made clear. ^^

As for the dissing of Savers characters, I liked Masaru/Marcus, not because he was incredibly "strong", but because he gradually became more of a team player over the course of the series.

But Touma/Thomas...ugh. I hated him...a lot. In fact, if I had a gun, an endless amount of ammo, and a poster of ol' Tom, I'd spend a month shooting his face.

EDIT: Still can't post the article for this week's 'mon.
    Last edited by Hotshot; 3rd February 2009 at 1:32 PM.

(Credit for the banner image goes to All0412 from DeviantArt!)

Chapter Three: The Seashore House
    "Do you guys have any milk?"
    "No, but we have soda pop."
    "How about some fresh water?"
    "Fresh out. Would you like a soda pop?"

Another side note, anybody like my new banner? I think it fits quite well with the Guardians Agumon, don't you?
    lol i was reading your post and eyeing your banner before i got to this part - so yes

Does anyone suggest i watch Savers? i havn't exactly got a good vibe of it from here

half of me says yes; because what would the plot be without them
    the other half says no; It would be interesting what the writers would do with just Digimon.

*checks points* hang on, if i'm a rookie level according to the front page, doesn't that make me Renamon? [hates Viximon] or did i go down due to my inactivity
    Last edited by Northern Lights; 3rd February 2009 at 2:06 PM.

I'm fine with either. Chances are there will be humans just because it's good for marketing.
    Claimed: Grovyle - November 10th, 2013

I've been watching Data Squad.

Aside from Marcus, it was quite good. Here's my favorite quote so far:

“I'm BanchoLeomon. My friends mean everything to me and my enemies know better than to mess with my friends. And if you want to be my friend someday, kid, you're off to a bad start!”
    Good ol BanchoLeomon really does a Digimon Analyser with attitude.

Magna of Miracles!

It's new topic time!

What was the first episode of Digimon you've watched?

If I remember correctly, it was the first episode of Tamers. I randomly found it becuase I watched Fox Kids a lot back then for some reason.

Anyway, it looked really good, so I kept wactching Digimon. Most of it I saw after Tamers was from Youtube, or the Spanish Frontier ep I managed to catch. Or from a few videos and DVDs of Adventure I found.

Magna of Miracles!

When Guilmon was created - Digimon Tamers Ep 1 - i watched it at my friends house

i went to buy it and i got Digimon Adventures Ep 1 instead

Spoiler:- Banners for Club:

What was the first episode of Digimon you watched?
    I was flipping channels and found the first episode when they first digivolved to rookie to fight the Kuwagamon!

Adventure 01, Episode 1, first release in America.

@~.:Northern Lights:.~: you shoudl amke one with RizeGreymon and Ryudamon because those are cool banners that you made

I believe it was Season 1, Episode 8 (Evil Shows His Face). I thought that the Digimon looked really cool, so I kept on watching. I was actually looking to see if some other show was on (can't remember which), and was at first disappointed when Digimon was on instead. After watching that episode though I was hooked.

Those banners are really good, NL, especially the Wizardmon one. Wizadmon's an awesome Digimon

Click here to visit my fan fic, Winds of the Past

Credit to Dragodynamite for the Userbar

My favorite one is the Garurumon one it matches him perfectly and it has those cool letters like on a digital clock. But as I said before you should make a RizeGreymon or ShineGreymon one with flaming letters. Or a Ryudamon one with rock letters. My top three favorite digimon and cool ones at that

How fast can you amke banners?

Poor Omegamon/omnimon...    Spoiler:- V-Tamer:

V-Tamer is interesting, but modt of the digimon still look creepy. The agumons at the beginnign of the series are like a foot tall max and have boxing gloves.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Lights View Post
    I have that effect on most men for some reason. no wonder i've been feeling lesbian lately >.>

Wow ~.:Northern Lights:.~ those are amazing banners! I personally love the Gatomon one. :3

Season one, episode 2 with the very first showing. I remember it clearly, I was hooked as soon as Agumon digivolved to beat Shellmon. Thank goodness for channel flipping! I was also eating cheese flavored chex mix and watching tv in my parents room when I wasn't supposed to...
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own!" ~ Adam Savage
    My wonderful sppf cousin is Darato

I decided to try the whole dragon eggs thing so... meh.

What was rhe first episode of Digimon you've watched?
    Season 02, episode 1 on video. It's hard to get some Digimon stuffs in Viet Nam, and here we don't have Digimon in TV channel.

Answering my own question now.

For me it was episode 49 of Adventure, where Hikari glows a lot and WarGreymon slices Mugendramon.

Hey, Hotshot, if you don't mind, I'm going to evolve my Wizarmon into Mummymon now. =3

The first episode that I watched would have been the first episode of the first series. I randomly turned the channel on and was hooked.

Page 99 of 259 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109149199 ... LastLast