Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: A Full Course Tag Battle! (544)

Quote Originally Posted by andrewcun13 View Post
    I just finish watching this episode on youtube and what piss me off is May's fire water fusion attack with dawn I mean can't she be more original I mean she stole that move from Tucker and I bet she uses it in all her contests.
    So? Adapting an attack strategy from a Frontier Brain is a smart thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    So? Adapting an attack strategy from a Frontier Brain is a smart thing to do.
    Considering the time since that episode (Tactics Theatrics), it now seems as if that's become May's own little move. Not only that, but I noticed that Ash seemed to be the first to recognize it. Normally, he's not as swift, but the writers seem to be making him notice things better.

... Yes, I did in fact watch this episode.

I gotta say, I think that May's whole meal obssession was particularly entertaining. Before I go into my "rating" of the episode, I need two things clarified (it'd be more, but for some reason I was able to "understand" things more in this ep. That's highly unusual for me).

- During the Munchlax search thingy, Why exactly was May somewhat annoyed at the comment by Brock?

- Did May make some kind of "reservation"? As it seems that she knows not only what the theme of this place is, but it seems the waiter knew that she'd reserved a seat there or something on that level. Help please.

Anyways, this was actually very entertaining. I liked how she actually brought back souvenirs from Johto to her friends. Even if it was just a reference, its good that she makes mention of her rivals and Max. Glaceon suits her for some strange reason, and it was great to see Blaziken back in action.

From what the area looked like, they're in that very luxurious hotel area just before Pastoria, right? As this episode is referring to restaurant situated right there too. And that's the same waiter that greets you too, just like the game right? I just want to be sure, since this is a very good game to show rendition.

Overall, I found it very entertaining that May gets so overly ticked off over food, I never really thought that was possible of her (though Pasta La Vista sort of told me otherwise... Would have been more memorable, but...). I also found it funny that Team Rocket not only stuffed themselves in front of May, but also stole the refrigerator and attempted to "guard" it!

I also noticed that May was a little dumbfounded by the fact that Team Rocket's motto went through a change... or is something else entirely? Then of course, she found it funny to see Buneary having a crush on Pikachu. Please, when we will see her reaction to Croagunk's Poison Jab on Brock? I absolutely gotta see the look on her face once this happens. Then again, considering how long this is going to be, there's going to be at least one instant where this could happen.

figured I'd also put the preview for the next episode, if anyone's interested.

After this is done, I'll be heading over to the Captions Thread to add another slew of captionable pics for the people there.

Aurevoir!

~C_L~

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude View Post
    I'm not sure, but it seemed to me that even Ash and Brock were a little surprised they defeated them so easily. So maybe they were just not that strong in comparison.
    They were suprised, Brock said something along the lines of "that's it?" It's not hard to believe that the 2 filler characters were weak considering most tag battles in that resaturant in the game are filled with easy-to-beat trainers.
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/vrbtic.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i44.*******.com/11kfvb5.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i39.*******.com/15i5fn4.png[/IMG]
    Sometimes it feels like the whole wide world has made itself my enemy
    On hiatus until further notice. May come back once in a while to reply to PMs and approve of threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt_Latios View Post
    - Did May make some kind of "reservation"? As it seems that she knows not only what the theme of this place is, but it seems the waiter knew that she'd reserved a seat there or something on that level. Help please.
    Apparently she did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt_Latios View Post
    I also noticed that May was a little dumbfounded by the fact that Team Rocket's motto went through a change...
    That's right.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Quote Originally Posted by Umi Mizuno View Post
    They were suprised, Brock said something along the lines of "that's it?" It's not hard to believe that the 2 filler characters were weak considering most tag battles in that resaturant in the game are filled with easy-to-beat trainers.
    Wow, I was actually under the impression that the writers did that typical thing of "speeding things up" where they simply KO the opponents Pokémon in one hit to get to the more important battle. 'Coure, my lack on next to any Japanese comprehension doesn't help much either.

Apparently she did.

That's right.
    Okay, so maybe some of my interpretations are improving. And in such short time to. Heh, well, then maybe I could have easily handled the Riolu episode. Oh well, I'll wait till its dubbed.

Though, I'll probably dl the rest of this arc.

~C_L~

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

Missed this post. Thanks, and good point.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

I can't wait for it to be translated!
    Shinies: (Gift) (In-game event) (SR) (search) (random), (traded away) Sylveon (trade) (MM)
    Friend code: 4356-0061-9735, Redjirachi

FT: (all shiny)
    LF: (all shiny)

The one thing I didn't like in this episode is that Fire + Water = electric sparks? WTF?

Before I get into another rant-esque post in the next minute or so, I figured I'd "re-browse" this topic in the event of something that was answered or something that I simply "missed". Well I did find something.

If that was what you thought, then you didn't understand at all. That makes absolutely no sense, since they had JUST brought out their shared ribbon, a reminder of the contest they had entered together. So why would she be so shocked that he was entering another one? The conversation went very roughly like this:

Dawn: "Ash is gonna enter the Contest too."
    May: *turns to Ash* "You are?"
    Ash: "Yeah, Wallace suggested I enter with Buizel."
    May: "WALLACE?!"

So she was shocked because they've already met Wallace.
    Considering the fact that I consider the episode before the three Lugia eps part of it ("Hi, Ho, Silver... Away"), I probably should have watched the Wallace episode before hand, seeing as it's actually part of this. Oh, well I'll learn next time... I hope. I really don't want to become a hypocrite of sorts.

Next, my "kind of" rant.

I noticed that in this episode when the show a flashback of May evolving Eevee, well I noticed that she was actually dressed in a parka, with boots and mitts. Which got me thinking: Are the writers going to be smart enough that on the way to Snowpoint, they actually stop by somewhere to pick up winter attire so that they can actually handle the route before Snowpoint? If they are, imagine about 5 to 10 episodes in which they're consecutively wearing winter coats. That would actually be rather (pardon the pun) cool. It'd be like rental winter gear, and on their way out from Snowpoint, they can simply return them.

That would show some kind of intelligence. If they do do that, I'll be pleasantly impressed.

~C_L~

- Cobaltios

Are they really THAT weak?
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by Porygandrew View Post
    The one thing I didn't like in this episode is that Fire + Water = electric sparks? WTF?
    I'm not exactly sure how it works either(then again, this is anime), but I just go along with it since it has been done twice before. Once in the Battle Dome when it was used against Ash. And then May used it in the Kanto Grand Festival against Drew. It's nice to see it come up again, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with using someone else's strategy. Ash does that with Dawn's spin move.

The following are responses to other posts that I didn't add in quotes:
    I'm not sure if May made any reservations, but clearly as a food lover she knew a ton about the restaurant.

I agree with what some people have said about Ash and Brock winning in one attack is that the writers wanted to focus more on May and Dawn's battle, so they just gave them the knockout win.

Overall, I really liked this episode, hope the English version doesn't get messed up.

what did may and dawn say when buneary was flirting with pikachu?

I have claimed PikachuxBuneary/Mimiroru, aka Lagomorphshipping!

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)
    I support Pearlshipping, Lagomorphshipping, and Pikashipping

I Can't Wait to See This Episode Dawn May Drew zoey and Kenny are all in the same contest!
    Click Jirachi to join the amazing Ever Grande City forums! You won't regret joining it!
    I've claimed this Pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by palamon View Post
    I Can't Wait to See This Episode Dawn May Drew zoey and Kenny are all in the same contest!
    ... You mean Dawn, May, Zoey, Ash, & Kaito. Drew and Kenny aren't in the contest, dear. C;

THE END.

Quote Originally Posted by palamon View Post
    I wish you were right. I just wish!

Its really late to 'review' this episode now, but I think I'll do it anyway.

Every single second of this episode is full of amaze, a really great episode, just like we hoped.

It was hillarious to see fat TR, especially when Jessie was using lipstick, after all of that, she still cares about her lipstick? XD Too bad Mime Jr. Wasn't there...

I was kinda scared to see fire-type May, especially the last time when she talked in the possed-like voice. Scary...

It was really cool to see May is doing well in Johto (not much of a wonder, I always though she's doing that), her ribbons were cool too. Did anyone notice the design of her ribbons and the design of the old ribbon Johanna gave to Dawn look just the same. I could see that easily because they were in the same epiosde as well.

The tag battle of Ash and Brock wasn't that bad, although it looked a bit awkard to see the trainers lose so easily.

I always thought May and Dawn will go along pretty well, which they did. I was happy to see Dawn wasn't jealous at all in the ribbon interaction .

The tag battle of May and Dawn was nothing but awesomeness, Blaziken and Piplup look cool together. What was the name of Piplup-Blaziken shipping again?

I think thats all I have now, I'll post later if something new comes to my head. Go May! Win the Wallace Cup!
    Join us, as ICC World Cup 2011 kicks off in Bangladesh on the 17th February, 2011 through the magnificent opening ceremony! We await your arrival. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphen View Post
    I always thought May and Dawn will go along pretty well, which they did. I was happy to see Dawn wasn't jealous at all in the ribbon interaction .
    Me too ^^. A lot of people thought that the two would start fighting and all that. :'3

THE END.

Quote Originally Posted by pikablue View Post
    what did may and dawn say when buneary was flirting with pikachu?
    again i ask XP
    also, possesed may was awesome. XD
    It was a nice episode, great to see may back and everyone did well
    cant wait for the next ep

I have claimed PikachuxBuneary/Mimiroru, aka Lagomorphshipping!

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)
    I support Pearlshipping, Lagomorphshipping, and Pikashipping

I liked the episode, not the best, not the worst one. It was okay. I was disappointed that Glaceon didn't do anything important.

I was totally amazed by Gonbe, why? It's the first time I hear the pokemon's japanese voice.

Blaziken... am I the only one that misses Combusken? Combusken and Swellow were my favorite things in Hoenn and now seeing Blaziken it's just not the same. I miss Combusken,a lot.

And I was disappointed that Beautifly didn't make anything memorable. :C

THE END.

Quote Originally Posted by Vavavoom View Post
    And I was disappointed that Beautifly didn't make anything memorable. :C
    Well, I believe Beautifly has important part in the Wallace Cup, or it wouldn't be here. As MistyFanboi13 said:
    Quote Originally Posted by Misty Fanboi13 View Post
    THEORY

Finneon is referred to by the Pokedex as the Beautifly of the Sea[at least in the games], and the preview showed Zoey's Finneon using Silver Wind. I think May will use her Beautifly against Zoey's Finneon to have a Real Beautifly vs. Beautifly of the Sea, Silver Wind showdown?
    So, no need to worry (Argh, that Dawn...)!
    Join us, as ICC World Cup 2011 kicks off in Bangladesh on the 17th February, 2011 through the magnificent opening ceremony! We await your arrival. ^^

I wanna see this EP!! It sounds awesome and I love when people return from previous seasons. I wish May would stay with Ash & Co... ah, well, wishes don't always come true.

I'm glad May is doing well, and I love her Team. *faints at the sight of Glaceon.*

Tell ya, though, my brother wasn't happy when I told him May's Eevee evolved. He loves Eevee and hates to evolve it.

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Chapter 5 up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

Fizzy Bubbles info

It seems like May has a very developed team now. And she got an outfit change. Maybe Ash was holding her back....

I wish that Glaceon had a bigger role....
    The Fierce Fuzzball

It seems like May has a very developed team now. And she got an outfit change. Maybe Ash was holding her back....
    Yup. Definately. I can't wait to see what happens to Dawn

I wish that Glaceon had a bigger role....
    Me too. Everyone loved Eevee, and wanted it to evolve. Now that it did, it doesn't even get a better part... :'[

wow,i wonder what the english title is?

Surfing through the waves, diving deep into the sea,
    playing along the beach, having fun all day long.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast