Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: A Full Course Tag Battle! (544)

The episode itself was enjoyable.. of course until it drifted towards TR and later the Deux Ex Machina Piplup creating a Whirlpool Apocalypse and Hardly letting Blaziken Show off. and Man that was one weak Snorlax.. a simple volt taclke crushed him
    And I came for fun..

The best part of the episode was when Girafaring's tail made Blaziken's leg blow up just by biting it. Now, I know EVERYONE stores packets of rocket fuel up their flares these days, but jesus Haruka, tell your fowl it's only ever really useful on the dance floor.

Quote Originally Posted by Dax
    Blaziken... am I the only one that misses Combusken?
    lol. Good one Dax. :P

when this episode airs in america saturday, will it be a 1-hour specail?
    ...man i really want to see this ep. And the next one. and the three eps after that.
    yup. waiting.
    IS IT SATURDAY YET?!
    i like the glaceon. i really thought it would be an espeon though

You realize by saying that your including the Yanma episode? No, all 5 parts are aining separately.

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post
    You realize by saying that your including the Yanma episode? No, all 5 parts are aining separately.
    Oops haha

WAAAAH I GOTTA WAIT 5 WEEKS
    wait we all have ta wait
    oh well
    its thursday...very very close.

Okay, it saturday. And sense I have no intention on double posting,
    SQUEE!! THAT GLACEON WAS CUTE!!
    May is the hoenn princess...i luv that title
    man that munchlax and snorlax went down fast
    and thats the most dramatic "begin!" i have ever seen
    Last edited by kiara911; 13th September 2008 at 3:48 PM.

Bleh, those guys that Ash & co. fought in order to gain entry are pitiful, & the guy that lost to them is even more so.

Also, the part in which TR stole every bit of food from this luxury restaurant is irritating for me. It shows me that they've become a bunch of desperados, which is all the better reason why I think that someone should give them a dose of Divine Retribution!

I was surprise that May has finally return in the series. I had a strange feeling that she was brought back by popular demand. Overall, I couldn't enjoy the episode because my brother was again watching Halo machinmas while I was watching the episode.

I actually thought this episode was cool. I wasn't disturbed at all. Sitting in the quiet living room with the big TV. Call me crazy, but I think May will fight Dawn in the end, and... Dawn wins? Idk.

Quote Originally Posted by Dattebayo View Post
    I was surprise that May has finally return in the series. I had a strange feeling that she was brought back by popular demand. Overall, I couldn't enjoy the episode because my brother was again watching Halo machinmas while I was watching the episode.
    Is he older or younger than you? If he's younger, take charge and kick him out of the room. If he's older and stronger, it probably might be best to record it so you could possible watch and enjoy later.

Another good episode. I'm happy to see May again and it was quite funny to watch her use Munchlax to find the food. Yeah, Ash and Brock's battle was underwhelming, but it was cool to see the water/fire combo again. Although I wish that Dawn would start to use something other than Piplup.

Now I really can't wait for the rest of the episodes.

Now being reposted!

This episode was great. The couple's voices were a little annoying but I don't really care. They kept May's theme during the battle so I was really supised, in a good way. Plus, I finally got to see May turn into a fire-type pokémon. I'll definetly watch it again next week.

My rating: 9/10
    Naomi Tamura- Ready Go! (Pokémon)

Susume! Susume! Kimi to nana iro no niji koete Onward! Onward! Cross the 7 colors of the rainbow with me.
    Ready go! Motto touku! Ready go! Even farther!
    Kumo wo tsuki nuke sora e ta Go through the clouds to the sky!

I thought this episode was ok.
    My favorite part was when May got really angry because Team Rocket stole all the food.
    It was cool to see Glaceon, too.
    7/10

Default Ribon o GETTO! Kitto katsu!

This was a good episode. They've been continuously churning out better-quality ones than usual. I'm very impressed.

There's a saying that goes, "You never realize how much you'll miss a person until they're gone." It's like that with May. I wasn't crazy about her during the Hoenn series, but when she left I missed her immediately. It was great to see her return. I like how much she has matured since Ash & Co. last saw her. She's still a little silly, but she knows what she's doing and she seems to take loss very well.

Her relationship with Dawn is also fun to watch develop. They hit it off really quickly, and it's great to see Dawn with a close female friend who isn't a rival. And I may just have been imagining this, but I thought I heard Dawn say "What happened to my princess?" when May got angry about the food being stolen. *raises eyebrows*

There were a lot of game references in this episode, which I appreciated a lot. There was a lot of trainer lingo going on, like "One-hit KO", which made me smile. Normally the show skimps on the technical terms. Also, the people Ash & Co. battle are normally evenly matched with them. It was a nice break to see a big difference of power between competitors. Everyone knew that the heroes' teams were pretty strong by now, and this is the first time we've actually been able to tell.

The flashback art in this episode was a great treat. I love the style they do those in - remember how they used to end every episode with one of those? Harley and Drew looked better than ever, and I was glad to see that Max was mentioned, considering that he had a tendency to be overlooked. May's parka looked suspiciously like the coat Dawn wears in Platinum.

And I have to give two big thumbs up to the dubbers for keeping Watashi, Makenai! when May and Dawn are battling Team Rocket. I love that song (I recognized it as soon as it started), and it's about time they start keeping the characters' themes playing on a regular basis.

All in all, quite a good episode. It surpassed my expectations more than once, which impressed me greatly. I hope they continue this quality in the future.

EDIT: Did any other DP players laugh when Dawn said "What was that about"?
    Last edited by Faerie; 13th September 2008 at 8:48 PM. Reason: DP reference ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Piekid11 View Post
    I actually thought this episode was cool. I wasn't disturbed at all. Sitting in the quiet living room with the big TV. Call me crazy, but I think May will fight Dawn in the end, and... Dawn wins? Idk.
    Nah, I don't think the writers would honestly do something that predictable.

Quote Originally Posted by Faerie View Post
    EDIT: Did any other DP players laugh when Dawn said "What was that about"?
    Unfortunately, not until you mentioned it to make me go back to check it. I would like to point out what made it so funny, but...

Okay, now that I've seen this sucker in English (yay) I have to say that now everything makes a lot of sense.

And, it turns out May isn't quite as perfect as one would have thought. I mean she mentions having lost a few times. Of course, making the assumption that she breezed through her contests probably doesn't help (especially when you hear things on these forums no less.).

I had no idea that the person they were battling was in fact the owner. Honestly, I just thought they were random people that were selected to battle. Yes, I actually thought that. But I do like the originality of the names: "Roman" and "Kylie". You don't hear names like that too often.

I sware that one little quote with Team Rocket just made me smile:

Jessie: Land of Plenty...
    James: I want an eating Visa...
    Meowth: Hey are you two yelping yahoo's forgetting that we're the bad guys, which means we don't earn our munchies we steal 'em.
    Jessie: [could not make out most of what she said...]
    James: Free, a word self-respecting crooks love.

It seems that they're so terrible at being bad they often forget where exactly they lie.

Now, my little bit of "what??". Team Rocket steals one fridge, and apparently contains all the restaurants food? I work at a restaurant and know the fridge is much bigger. yeah, I know it's a cartoon, but still.

And now I know why May was a little irritated by Brock's comment:

Brock: it seems Munchlax is trained to stuff it's face.

Hehe, like trainer like Pokemon.

Team Rocket has possibly the fastest metabolism I have ever seen.

I have to say, this was a good episode. Though I've already seen it, it was back in May, so really this isn't that bad (I could have easily watched it again, but the idea of seeing it in English was something I just couldn't pass up).

I'm also amazed that May would remember a very unimportant town (Terra Cotta). Of course, seeing as she got an important plot ribbon there, I guess it doesn't matter.

Now, we can begin the competition!

~C_L~

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

This episode was good. It was cool to see Glaceon. I thought it was a little dumb that you have to win a battle in order to eat at that 7-Star restaurant. I thought it was cool how Girafarig and Drifloon got annihilated by Piplup’s Whirlpool. It was also kinda cool that Ash and May kept their halves of the ribbons after all this time; then again, that’s what good friends would do.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonHero View Post
    Is he older or younger than you? If he's younger, take charge and kick him out of the room. If he's older and stronger, it probably might be best to record it so you could possible watch and enjoy later.
    He's younger than me, but he's also smarter and less idiotic than me.

What's up with this 'princess of Hoenn' stuff? Do people actually adress May by that name, or is it just something that Dawn thought up?

I liked the episode. My favorite parts were when May got mad because Team Rocket stole their food and when she got mad at Brock when he said munchlax is more trained to stuff its face. Those parts were funny lol XD.
    Nintendo 3DS FC: 2105-8824-8167
    PM me if you add me so I can add you

My Friend Safari (Water): Bibarel , Gyarados , Azumarill

Safaris I am looking for with these Pokemon:
    1. Drifblim
    2. Poliwhirl
    3. Heracross
    4. Whirlipede
    5. Gothorita
    6. Forretress
    7. Sigilyph

When this episode first came out in Japanese, some people were confused at May "suddenly" loving food. However, they conveniently forgot that she's always loved food. Just think about the episodes The Garden of Eatin', Like a Meowth to a Flame, and Pasta La Vista.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude View Post
    When this episode first came out in Japanese, some people were confused at May "suddenly" loving food. However, they conveniently forgot that she's always loved food. Just think about the episodes The Garden of Eatin', Like a Meowth to a Flame, and Pasta La Vista.
    You know, now that I actually think about it, your right. IMO, I think the main reason why so many people were confused, was primarily because in this episode it was sort of the main focus. Where as, in those episodes (besides Pasta La Vista, which is the only episode I can honestly go on record and say I recall this), it wasn't really the focus of attention and I can bet that most of us just kinda slipped it by.

Even though, what strikes me as odd, was that while watching this episode I was suddenly reminded of the episode On a Wingull and a Prayer where May gets the direction to a famous pasta place. And when they mentioned reservations, that sort of clicked.

Although, I do recall seeing in multiple signatures pictures of May with plates of food. I can't recall the member, but I do recall those images. That's my only other hint to her 'food adoration'.

Also, just throwing this out there, were there any DP players who were a little bit confused when May said she evolved Eevee in a cave as opposed to just a rock in a small clearing? As, that's basically where that rock/crystal is located.

~C_L~

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

She also gobbled down a lot of something...ramen I think...in one of the Japanese endings.

Awesome episode. Really enjoyed it. Seeing that most of the point of interests were already been told, I'll make this short.

I enjoyed seeing May back in action and her Pokemon. Especially Glaceon, its my 4th favorite Eeveelution. Surprised to see that she still has Munchlax and the way she used him to find the stole food. Blaziken was awesome aswell. Beautifly was only shown for a short while... Funny to see May turning into a Fire type. Never knew she gets that angry. Nice that she mention Max, Harley, and Drew.

The Tag Battle was a bit surprising at first. Seeing that the Couples Munchlax and Snorlax where KOed with one blast. I thought they were tough but after that performance, I dont think they put much effort in their pokemon... but the battle with Dawn and May was great. Fusion of Water and Fire was nice to see.

Seeing TR stealing food from a fancy restaurant was kinda of a desperate thing to do. Well what you expected if you were that hungry. Starvation is a serious thing you know... makes you do crazy things. I would probably do the same thing but seeing them stuff themselves like that would make me throw-up. Better to enjoy the food first.

Overall this episode was super. Cant wait for the next episode.

9/10

Also a question just came up to me... how will Leafeon show up? Its the final one isnt it?
    [IMG]http://i50.*******.com/jb1rmh.jpg[/IMG]
    I claimed Ponyta

I customized these

i never noticed it when i first saw this episode in Japanese but....thats one small Snorlax

I though it kinda sucked when May said she was having a hard time in Johto. I was hoping she'd at least be able to beat Harley fairly easily or something.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by uber gon View Post
    I though it kinda sucked when May said she was having a hard time in Johto. I was hoping she'd at least be able to beat Harley fairly easily or something.
    its always harder battling a rival since theres so much emotion in it so i wouldnt say "easily"

Anyone else notice that Roman and Kylie were based on the Rich Boy and Lady trainers from the games?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast