Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: A Full Course Tag Battle! (544)

Default Not strong enough?

Quote Originally Posted by ash_forever View Post
    Again, I have to object!
    So, why didn't they let they young man win either who rushed out of the door after our heroes had arrived ? :P
    Well they went easy on Satoshi and Takeshi, of course, but even if they were toning down their skills, that kid just might not have been strong enough to beat them. He looked young, so it would be sensible to assume that he doesn't have enough experience or talent to beat them.

But, I think we're kind of dominating this thread with our debate, so I think we should just agree to disagree. xD

nice to see may again,cant wait for the next episode.this is also one of my favorite episodes.even her expressions when team rocket steals the food.

There's a little logical mistake in this thought.
    We may certainly assume that Roman hasn't been the owner of the restaurant for only a few days. As it seems to have a good reputation all over Sinnoh (as May pointed out!), it's justified to assume that Roman has been the owner for at least some years, which implies that he must have battled countless times over the years. And this again implies that his Pokemon should be much stronger with all this intense training.
    Roman looked...maybe older than Brock, or at least old enough to marrying someone *who knows what the age is at since this show has referred to Brock being married and as we know, Brock is still pretty young*

Plus there's the fact he had a Fiance, maybe he had a Fiance after the restaurant was established but looking at Roman's age he doesn't look old enough to be an established owner and that young. He may be the owner simply because he inherited it which is a fair assumption.

Plus looking at Team Rocket, if they could build stuff (a shoddy Cafe shack) in under a day, I'm sure six months of actual hard work should be able to make a restaurant as well equipped as the one we saw (Plus if they had Pokemon to help, it would take less time, remember the Bibarel episode, they built a bridge in like a couple of hours). But you do bring the point of it being a good reputation.

Yes but Roman only stays in one spot, Ash travels around the world, Ash's Pikachu has far more experience. Plus how is Roman's Pokemon going to get stronger if all he battles are weak trainers? Take the games for example, you wouldn't want to raise your level 60 Pokemon near your hometown, would you? They only give you like 40 experience points, as opposed to somewhere else you could get up to a 1000 experience points.

My point is Roman may have the experience to beat weak trainers, but Ash is not a weak trainer, Pikachu is not a weak Pokemon, and Volt tackle is not a weak move. Perhaps if Pikachu used tackle maybe then it would be more of outrage.

Also consider Roman had more than one Pokemon, even if Roman was a skilled trainer, who's to say Snorlax has been trained as extensively?
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt_Latios View Post
    Kind of like what they did to Misty? If so, we may have the second actual pattern to occur in this show: the destruction of bikes a la Pikachu, and previous major characters returning for their own arcs twice.
    Funny stuff, but Misty appeared in Hoenn after the 3rd Gym, and now May appears in Sinnoh after the 3rd Gym.

Is it a coincidence that the girl from the previous saga appeared for a short arc after the 3rd Gym? I wonder if the writers did that on purpose.

Given that May already has 3 ribbons in Johto, there's a possibility she might make another surprise appearance at the end of Sinnoh, maybe even at Dawn's Grand Festival. You never know.

First, you're comparing this episode with an emotional reunion of friends who have been being separated for a long time and then you're asserting the episode wasn't meant to be emotional at all but a mere, quick visit of May.
    Well, if you did have friends you haven't seen in a while come back to visit you, wouldn't you like to bring them to a very nice restaurant to celebrate the reunion. And what I was doing there was summarizing this. And if you think about it, it is as quick visit. She's here for roughly 4 episodes. A few days if you think about it. That's pretty quick from a show standpoint. Especially this one.

Kind of out there, but this makes much more sense to me, mostly because during the time this episode aired, my Japanese student (not anymore anyways...) from 5 years back came here for a 10 day visit (she heads back on Saturday). And considering she arrived here 2 days prior to this episode, well it seemed rather fitting.

edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Roman looked...maybe older than Brock, or at least old enough to marrying someone *who knows what the age is at since this show has referred to Brock being married and as we know, Brock is still pretty young*

Plus there's the fact he had a Fiance, maybe he had a Fiance after the restaurant was established but looking at Roman's age he doesn't look old enough to be an established owner and that young. He may be the owner simply because he inherited it which is a fair assumption.
    You know something funny, when I was about maybe 12 years old, I actually created a character for this show (the thing a kid my age would do). He was a little older than Ash and owned an Amusement Park. Hence why I actually laughed pretty hard when I realized that Roman was the owner. But I can't help thinking that he's based on a character in the game who's relative owns the place. And if I'm not mistaken, I don't a fiance is equal to a wife. But, I don't know enough there, so carry on.

Plus looking at Team Rocket, if they could build stuff (a shoddy Cafe shack) in under a day, I'm sure six months of actual hard work should be able to make a restaurant as well equipped as the one we saw (Plus if they had Pokemon to help, it would take less time, remember the Bibarel episode, they built a bridge in like a couple of hours). But you do bring the point of it being a good reputation.
    Being a cartoon based upon a game, you could easily say that realism likes to really bend itself in interesting ways. Next to anything is possible. And the writers (both game and show) like to do things for the heck of it. I'd say they have enough imagination to pull stuff like this off with ease, and without worry. I mean, are you really thinking about real life stuff when playing these games?

Yes but Roman only stays in one spot, Ash travels around the world, Ash's Pikachu has far more experience. Plus how is Roman's Pokemon going to get stronger if all he battles are weak trainers? Take the games for example, you wouldn't want to raise your level 60 Pokemon near your hometown, would you? They only give you like 40 experience points, as opposed to somewhere else you could get up to a 1000 experience points.
    It's funny you mention game mechanics in battle only situations as opposed to the actual game as a whole. Not to be mean or anything, just sort of pointing something out here.
    Who knows, maybe the writers just tossed that kid who ran out for good laughs to add a good few minutes to the show to allow the main cast time to think: "was this really a good idea?".

My point is Roman may have the experience to beat weak trainers, but Ash is not a weak trainer, Pikachu is not a weak Pokemon, and Volt tackle is not a weak move. Perhaps if Pikachu used tackle maybe then it would be more of outrage.
    I'm gonna bold this for better view. I want this general argument to end soon.

Also consider Roman had more than one Pokemon, even if Roman was a skilled trainer, who's to say Snorlax has been trained as extensively?
    I'd say his Girafarig was better trained than Snorlax. Considering what it did to Blaziken. However, that's an entirely different playing field altogether.

~C_L~
    Last edited by Cobalt_Latios; 17th September 2008 at 6:00 AM.

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

Just one thing:

NEVER STEAL ANY FOOD FROM MAY
    PIPLUP GOT MAH COOKIE!!!111

Proud owner of a TRU Manaphy, Movie 10 Darkrai, and a Gamestop Deoxys

Quote Originally Posted by pi-pikachu1_1 View Post
    Just one thing:

NEVER STEAL ANY FOOD FROM MAY
    Heh, I'm hoping we'll see May get mad over stolen food in later episode
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Funny stuff, but Misty appeared in Hoenn after the 3rd Gym, and now May appears in Sinnoh after the 3rd Gym.

Is it a coincidence that the girl from the previous saga appeared for a short arc after the 3rd Gym? I wonder if the writers did that on purpose
    Also notice how when they meet Misty and May they are both by lakes?

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post
    Also notice how when they meet Misty and May they are both by lakes?
    Well Misty's arc took place in some alternate dimension, whereas May's arc is just some normal contest episode.

Just wanted to differentiate the two.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Pokemon crackers. Will satisfy Ursaring-sized hunger!

Harley unbeaten? Please don't tease me.

So Glaceon pushed Delcatty out of a window in MY POKEMON? Oh no you don't!

Aren't you two a little young to be owning a 7 star restaurant?

I imagine this is what a master referee would look like.

A sad day for Snorlaxes everywhere (or would the plural still be Snorlax?)

NEVER UPSET MAY now added to the wedding vows.

"It's just like radar" Oh geez. We need Tracy for this one.

First a Thunder Stone and now a 7 star pizza dinner, TR's on a roll!
    But now I feel like they're neglecting Pikachu.

I love Blaziken battles. It's an inferno from above! Johto will be burned to a crisp. Although this time sounds like it has a rag in its mouth compared to the one against Sceptile. At least it didn't say its full name as much.

So who's paying the bill this time?

8/10 May pretty much stole the show. I MISS MAY.

I second the missing of may!

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2qnqtyf.jpg[/IMG]
    Looks like I might be here to stay...

PASBL Trainer Level: 4 | 26-12-8 | 77 KO's | 199 TP | 0 SP
    PASBL Referee (C+)
    | Squad | League Table |

[.:Badges:.]
    Reffing Badge
    Onslaught Badge

This episode brought back memories from the Advanced seasons when May got mad from someone stealing their world class food.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

Only problem was they never had world class food in AG.
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes, confirmed.

Well, All I can remember was the "Pasta La Vista" episode (aka final episode where 4Kids dubs and the last episode for EVERY cast member to be relplaced.), and MAy got to eat all the noodles she could. Classic May. :P

What I don't like about May this time is her voice actor isn't either Veronica or her BF voice actor. That just felt very off.

Twitter @TrainerTrevino

It was the same person who voice her in Battle Frontier.

Ok. Just needed to know.

Twitter @TrainerTrevino

Her voice was exactly the same as last season, there was no difference.

I don't know why, but her voice sounded way better this time around, although most likely because we haven't heard it for a year and a half.

Default Ya

yeah this was such a great episode May is my favorite well it's hard to choose favorites because they all have a different thing you like about them! Just a thought: how come Ash always has split pokeballs, ribbons, etc.. with other people? I mean think about it he has a half a pokeball with Gary and half a ribbon with May!!!
    LUXRAY i own it

Platinum FC: 0173 7276 7853 Trainer Name:McKENZI
    please add me!

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post
    I don't know why, but her voice sounded way better this time around, although most likely because we haven't heard it for a year and a half.

yeah i noticed that too! i wonder why...
    and did you know that the person (girl, guy idk) who voices ash also voices may? just saying...
    LUXRAY i own it

Platinum FC: 0173 7276 7853 Trainer Name:McKENZI
    please add me!

Man, the differences between the japanese pokémon voices and the english ones are really blatant here. Seriously, compare Girafarig and Drifloon's single-sylable cries to Blaziken and Piplup constantly shreiking or bellowing their names loudly and it's pretty awkward.
    I guess I'm practically the only person lame enough to care about this sort of thing, but hey, it just makes me all the more special. Giggle.
    Last edited by Gravy; 20th October 2008 at 10:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pikapokepower View Post
    and did you know that the person (girl, guy idk) who voices ash also voices may? just saying...
    Incorrect:
    Ash is voiced by: Sarah Natochenny.
    May is voiced by: Michelle Knotz.

Two completely different people.

~C_L~

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

May can get super angry when it comes to food.

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

Funny thing right, there's a restaurant not far from where I live called "Seven Stars Restaurant" and this is where it get's even stranger. The road it's on is the name of the city I live in (Winchester) even though it's one of the lesser main roads leading to the city and the address number of the place is 56 which happens to be my lucky number.

I loved this sequence.

May:"I'll tell you nobody steals my food and gets away with it!!"
    Dawn:"I think May's just turned into a Fire-type."
    Piplup:"Piplup."
    Brock:"One thing that'll drive May over the edge is someone swiping her food."
    Dawn:"What happened to our princess?!"
    Piplup:"Lup."

Too funny.

~Ayra~
    "I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevent, it is what you do with the gift of life, that determines who you are." -Mewtwo
    "The only thing we can be is ourselves, we can't be someone else, and someone else can't be us." -Kelly Smith
    3DS FC 1048-8196-8009
    Type:Flying
    Spearow, Woobat, Hawlucha
    ^Click to go to my Ribbon Sprites thread, in need of some ideas^
    Currently working on:
        Spoiler:- Ribbons I'm working on:
    [img]http://i44.*******.com/23t2pg8.png[/img]
    Credit to AWildMew for the Shinjoh Connection userbar

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast