Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rant about GTS

Default Rant about GTS

Whenever I log onto GTS the place is full of idiots. A majority of the trades expected are really unfair. I often look at random Pokemon and the only ones that people seem to want are Mew, Celibi, Ho-Oh, Lugia, Suicune and Latios... Even if they're offering a really common Pokemon like a Pidgey, Pikachu or Wurmple. It really makes me so angry. How can anyone take these people seriously? How hard is it to obtain a legit mew and how easy is it to obtain a legit Pidgey? I think that GTS should enforce a system where people can only do fair trades, so you would need a rare Pokemon in turn for another rare Pokemon. I think that some people are gullible enough to fall for it, otherwise, especially young children who don't quite understand the games.

I thought that the GTS filtered out most hacked Pokemon? My boyfriend used an action replay to get a shiny Mew, he wanted to see if it would really trade and the GTS wouldn't accept it.
    I tried it so that I could see it for myself and it just says "this Pokemon may not be offered for trade!".
    Personally I don't think that there is anything wrong with AR. It's a very personal descison. If someone doesn't mind raising their own hacked shiny Mew then I have nothing against them, just as long as they don't try and trade it to someone claiming that it's a legit. My boyfriend claims not to like hacked Pokemon, but he has two hacked lv99 Electravires and they're both very powerful. He has released the rest of his hacked Pokemon, though. I also have a hacked Garchomp on Lv100 and it's the only one I have caught and haven't released. I want to keep it because it has exceptionally high stats. that's my Pokemon and I'm not trading it to anyone else. We both bought an AR for the Shaymin and Arceus events, as we live in Stroud in England and it's only a small villiage. We can't afford to travel to a Pokemon event. I also like to use AR to get TMs and stat enhancers.
    Last edited by PokemonPrincessSarah; 20th November 2008 at 11:39 AM. Reason: Hacked Pokemon and ARs:

Really the trading system is having a epic fail due to hacking devices which if you have all th right info and stuff (ID,OT,etc) you can make a fake legit Pokemon so its hard to tell if its Legit anyways and with cloning people clone legit ones making more fake legit rare pokemon cheaters ruin games by being lazy then they spread their fakes to other people on Wifi and in GTS you can't see stats or moves or EVs to see if its hacked Nintendo needs to make a GTS that shows more info or make it where it can tell a fake from a legit Pokemon Maybe with a code for each pokemon that only Nintendo's Wifi servers can read when you put a pokemon up in the GTS that will kick fakes and allow legits only
    My WiFi Team

70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries
    (also known as ubers) in their teams. If you are one of the
    30% that thinks outside the box and doesn't
    use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature!
    (started by SapphireL!)

The GTS is flawed. Nintendo could add an option to see stats, a filter for impossible requests (eg, lvl 9 legends, fully evolved pkmn at low levels), a filter for trades in which you own the requested pokemon (so, you look for whatever and don't get asked for celebii), and finally a I want to trade this for this option. Then it would almost work. But they didn't, and it doesn't. Accept it.
    Will-Powered Spriter

you try telling all the eight year olds in the world that they cant have a darkrai for their lv8 geodude and see what happens. Nintendo didn't think there are people like us who play their game with our heads screwed on. I have yet to battle someone over WiFi who doesn't have a rental pass or a team consisting of the craziest mix of pokes from Lumineon to Giratina.
    They outnumber us 100-1 and there is not much we can do about it.
    I don't play 4th Gen or 5th Gen.

My Youtube Channel. Feel tired of 5th Gen, with Stealth Rock, Eviolite, Choice Scarf, and priority everywhere? Come check out some good old ADV OU, where you can waste your time watching battles that go on for more than 50 turns.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmander#4 in the thread "Is the God of the Bible Good, Evil or Neutral?"
    I think he rolled Chaotic Neutral.

I really hate it too....

But you just have to look on the bright side and find honest trades. For instance, my Craniados was traded to a Japanese Pearl user for a female Piplup.

These are Kozoku's adoptees. They need your love!
    Check me out on Fanfiction!: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1674780/eeveebreeder678
    I have claimed Wailord

The GTS has so few restrictions for a reason. The developers of Pokemon have made trading a central point of the Pokemon games. They want to encourage communication and connection around the world via Pokemon.

If the GTS allowed you to see such things as natures and moves, the amount of people making trades would be drastically limited. People would deny a trade if the Pokemon was the wrong nature or didn't have the right move. The way the GTS is handled now, people must trade with faith, and if they're dissatisfied, their best option is to continue trading. That pretty much accomplishes the developers' goal.

Robin Williams
    1951-2014
    "What's it gonna be? I don't know. But maybe along the way, you take my hand, tell a few jokes, and have some fun. C'mon, pal. You're not afraid, are ya?"

Also, since you can only search for or request Pokemon in your Pokedex (IE stuff you saw in-game in the wild or what you've captured/evolved/traded yourself), it's much better to put up YOUR offer and ask for what you want. That's what I do when I'm filling holes in my Pokedex. It's worked quite well.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

Quote Originally Posted by meteor64 View Post
    you try telling all the eight year olds in the world that they cant have a darkrai for their lv8 geodude and see what happens.

The only gripe I have about trades like this:
    If you can't ask for a pokemon you haven't seen, that means that the people asking for mew, celebi, darkrai and the like have already owned one, even if they released it, the still had to have owned it at one point, be it hacking, trading, or an actual event.

So with the exception of having traded it away, there probably shouldn't be as many of these kind of trades as there are. If they hacked to get it, then why are they bothering to get someone else's(probably also hacked) when they have an unlimited supply anyway, and at such a ridiculous offer.

Darn you greed!
    "I'm shaken, but not stirred"-Toad, SMRPG

Quote Originally Posted by Profesco View Post
    The GTS has so few restrictions for a reason. The developers of Pokemon have made trading a central point of the Pokemon games. They want to encourage communication and connection around the world via Pokemon.

If the GTS allowed you to see such things as natures and moves, the amount of people making trades would be drastically limited. People would deny a trade if the Pokemon was the wrong nature or didn't have the right move. The way the GTS is handled now, people must trade with faith, and if they're dissatisfied, their best option is to continue trading. That pretty much accomplishes the developers' goal.
    The developers goal was to connect people around the world through pokemon, but with all the hacks/clones floating around it mainly just connects hackers and people who want seriously unreasonable trades. People who actually want a real trade for legit pokemon are a minority. GTS should have a filter to clean out hacks, and maybe there should be something that makes it so that there can only be like maybe 30 or so lvls difference between whats being offered and what is being asked for.
        Spoiler:- Friend Codes and Current Breeding Projet:

There is a filter. It's not a great filter, but it's essentially the same one as PBR. It checks for IVs and EV distribution. If it has more than 510 EVs or 31 IVs in all stats, it will say "This Pokemon cannot be traded!". The only difference is PBR might turn it into a bad egg, while the GTS won't. The other filter is any Pokemon with a Classic Ribbon (most, but not all, 4th gen event and bonus Pokemon) can't be put on the GTS, along with Darkrai, Shaymin, and Arceus currently being banned completely.

I think this is the most efficient. In my experience with the GTS Guardians, the most hacked Pokemon are the rarest from the 3rd gen (and probably of Pokemon overall): Jirachi and Celebi. Because these are so hard to come by before the advent of wireless trading (And even then, it isn't easy), people resorted to hacking just to get the dex because these 2 have no in-game locations. I've often found Jirachi from "Mining Area" or whatever it's called, and Celebi's with a non-event OT/ID#. And, because most Pokemon players are young and don't know what they're doing, they're now getting rid of these hacks and passing it onto other players.

I say take the GTS for what it is. It helped me get the other starters from Sinnoh during my first play through, and I've used it to fill some holes in my dex entries. But for event Pokes, or competitive battle worhty Pokes, you need to try a bit harder than that.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

I wish there was a choice to see who wants what I am offering.

I twice used the GTS to trade pokemon from my diamond to pearl version. Has anyone ever done that?
    About to do an X Scramble Challenge!!!
    Let me know if you would like to trade or battle!
    3DS Friend Code: 1779-0043-7163
    Name on 3DS: BT

Quote Originally Posted by randomspot555 View Post
    Also, since you can only search for or request Pokemon in your Pokedex (IE stuff you saw in-game in the wild or what you've captured/evolved/traded yourself), it's much better to put up YOUR offer and ask for what you want. That's what I do when I'm filling holes in my Pokedex. It's worked quite well.
    yep
    I have gotten at least 3/4 of mine from doing that
    also, yeah I think that you should say pokemon you're not offering, like if you find a palkia wanter click on the palkia typing and there are choices like where to find, how many you have, and delete this pokemon. if you choose delete then you don't see that request untill you log out
    so... yeah, the GTS is annoying
    my FC is 2064 8570 2074m but I don't do a lot of Wi-Fi stuff
    I am a semi-grammar nazi, yet I have a habit of Capitalizing words that don't need to be Capitalized.
    I wait in the depths for the return of the Non-Competitive Trainer's Hangout Ultimate Journey. Time is not important.
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalSword7 View Post
    As for breeding; unless you chain-breed max IVs onto a pokémon, you're basically throwing darts with a blindfold on at a dart board that isn't there.

Quote Originally Posted by crobatman View Post
    I wish there was a choice to see who wants what I am offering.

I twice used the GTS to trade pokemon from my diamond to pearl version. Has anyone ever done that?
    ...Just use the Union Room, either with your second DS or borrow a friend's/relative's. Otherwise, you risk losing your Pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by randomspot555 View Post
    ...Just use the Union Room, either with your second DS or borrow a friend's/relative's. Otherwise, you risk losing your Pokemon.
    -_-

Put up a Bidoof for a Palkia, then on the game with Palkia, trade for the Bidoof.

You won't lose your Pokémon

yet there might still be an idiot who would trade a palkia for a bidoof
    its pretty sad
    I have nearly every pokemon
    pm me if you need something

Also, that's not all, because people want level 9 Kricketunes, and the only purpose they want that is so that they can clone the pokemon to get another legendary. It's crazy
    I love dewgong

You should be able to look for any pokemon to trade for!
    How the heck are you suppose to get legendaries without seeing them!
    Besides all the messed up offers and trades its...
    still needs improvement!

Well, maybe the people who are thinking that some people are desperate enough to get a pidgey, then they would trade a latios for it.
    -Danny
    P.S. I hate my brother for doing that. It was a legit 10 anniv (sp?) one too.
    I love dewgong

Does anyone remember Pokemon day and the decluttering? That day I completely realised how an epic fail the GTS is.

Still, it does help to fill the Pokedex and getting random, cloned event legends ( most of my events are from the GTS, obviously cloned and bad natured, but they spark in my Ranch )

Cyanide & Happiness @ Explosm.net

Bah, I just hate the offerings they put in. Its just ridiculous.

I only use GTS for trading common pokes for other common ones.
    [IMG]http://i50.*******.com/jb1rmh.jpg[/IMG]
    I claimed Ponyta

I customized these

I actually use it to help fill up my dex.
    About to do an X Scramble Challenge!!!
    Let me know if you would like to trade or battle!
    3DS Friend Code: 1779-0043-7163
    Name on 3DS: BT

Eh it doesn't bug me one bit being the fact it is, IF your looking for one why look on the GTS?

You have MANY forums that, have designated trading places that you are able to find what you need.
    I give up...No more battling going to go to breeding...

It doesn't bother me that much, but when I want to get a certain Pokemon and they are asking for something outrageous. There's nothing I can do about it, so I don't really complain.

Master Mewtwo

What I really hate are those people who nickname their Pokémon and it's not really the Pokémon.

Trading Jirachi for "Deoxys". Deoxys = Raquaza with Deoxys as nickname.
    Name: John
    Friend Code: 1934 9519 8985

An example of Irony: BELIEVE.

Completely True Statement:
    Quote Originally Posted by Sogeking View Post
    Yeah, King of the Hills was pulling in better ratings than any other Sunday Fox program, and it still got canceled. Which brings me back to my "Fox will let any crap produced by Seth MacFarlane on TV", statement.

It's not a nickname.

It means the trade has been completed, but they haven't picked up their new Pokemon yet.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast