Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help with getting Johto Starters

Question Help with getting Johto Starters

Help with getting Johto Starters
    Everybody knows to get johto starters complete the hoeen dex but do you need to capture the legendarys as well like like Latios and Latias Rayquaza,Groudon and Kyogre The 3 Regis and Jirachi and Deoxys? Please tell me i wud luv 2 know!

I'm not 100% sure on this as I haven't done it myself, but I highly doubt Jirachi and Deoxys are counted in it, as they're impossible to get. However, the Latis, Regis, and weather trio are no doubt included in what's needed.

:Friend Codes - X: 2981-7440-4003
    :Friend Safari - Water - Panpour/Quagsire/Frogadier
    :Shinies -

You need to get pokemon #1-200 in the Hoenn dex in order to receive the Johto starter, so yeah, Jirachi and Deoxys are not included. It will involve some trading to get pokemon like Golem, Machamp, Alakazam, and either Latias or Latios, depending on which one you didn't pick.

Claimed Pokemon: Slowbro
    Paired with: SuppYo

dont matter cause im gettin ruby and sapphire soon though so i can complete the emerald dex

Okay... It took me two years to do that because no one had Latios! and when someone does... they don't have a link cable! but eventually I found someone with it. Remember to pick the Lati that your friend doesn't have, otherwise you're gonna end up like me wondering around looking for someone with the other Lati, I managed to get the R/S Exclusives from my friend who has Sapphire (he got the ruby ones from his friend who I don't know) and because he has sapphire that means he does not have a Latios. Eventually I found someone who has a Latios and I scored myself a starter! which i haven't actually chose yet. Oh and also when you get to the point where you can choose from a Deepsea Scale and a Deepsea Tooth, again choose the one your friends don't have.
    Last edited by JoeeJoee; 3rd May 2008 at 11:43 AM.
    Credit to Jigglychu for making this banner

LEAFEON FTW

hmm..... yea you need all the legendarys not jirachi or deoxys..... it was actually quite funny my bro's game stuffed up right. and he was in mauville. and we didn't no it stuffed up so we vsed the gym leader again and he took the boat to dewford and then to the other city . and went to pro. birch and we see him where you get ur starter so i am like wicked another starter and he chose treecko and then i went into his lab and a ball was in the middle of the room so we picked it and it was chickorita.but since we couldn't go anywhere i was stuck from there to rusteborow =( had to restart. but anyways goo dluck on ur quest
    Ruby: 0/8
    Sapphire: 0/8
    Emerald: 7/8
    FireRed: 8/8
    LeafGreen: 6/8
    Diamond: 0/8
    Pearl: 0/8
    Platinum: 7/8
    HeartGold: 16/16 (350/493)
    SoulSilver: 9/16
    Black:
    White:
    White 2:
    Black 2:

FC= 1121 0822 2345

It'd be better if you just transferred them from pokemon XD or collusseum. It's much easier to get them on there if I'm not mistaken.

kk thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Luxraymaster View Post
    Help with getting Johto Starters
    Everybody knows to get johto starters complete the hoeen dex but do you need to capture the legendarys as well like like Latios and Latias Rayquaza,Groudon and Kyogre The 3 Regis and Jirachi and Deoxys? Please tell me i wud luv 2 know!
    In emerald, the 3 Johto starters apear. but, badly enought, you can only get . Once you have registered all of the Hoen DEX pkmn, like meaning only pkmn that appear in the Hoen region. You can also get another starter by getting all Silver and Gold medals from th frontier.

Species: Chimchar
    Nature: Hasty
    Lvl: 5 or lower
    Im looking for ^this^ Chimchar! PM me if him one exactly!

No, you cannot get another starter by finishing the battle frontier,.

Quote Originally Posted by Pingouin7 View Post
    No, you cannot get another starter by finishing the battle frontier,.
    You can get a starter by completing the Battle Frontier. After you gain the Golden and Silver medals, Birch calls you and say "he has a surprise".

Species: Chimchar
    Nature: Hasty
    Lvl: 5 or lower
    Im looking for ^this^ Chimchar! PM me if him one exactly!

I'm pretty sure that although Jirachi and Deoxys don't count towards the overall total they can stil be used to meet it. In other words, if you have Jirachi but not Golem you can still get the starter.

~~

I think so... So why don't you try to prove that you can get a starter by completing the battle frontier?

And I can prove you cannot: Once, I used *cough cough Action Replay cough cough* to get all the gold medals, and Birch never called me saying that he had a surprise.

Are you sure you can get another starter when getting all the medals? It doesn't sound very true.

-Credit to Bonemerang!!!

-Credit to Sarahpom83!!!

I haven't checked into it, but saying you can get another starter by getting all the medals is like saying you can get another johto starter from beating the elite-4 an insane amount of times.

I'm only a few pokes away from being able to get mine. x_x I just need Latios, Lunatone, and one or two others, and bam. My friend only has Emerald though, and not Sapphire. D: When I finally do manage to get those few pokes, when I get the starter, since I startd with Mudkip..I'll only get Totodile as a starter? I can't choose which one? O.o
    Lenore: 2277 7931 7070

[_//High Voltage:
    Cracks of lightning tear the sky
    Thunder [b r e a k s] the silence
    I t [s h a k e s] the p l a n e t s ,
    brings t h e stars to their knees.

yea you cant it's a fact. serebii would of picked up on it by now

^^^^um you can only get totadile as well. sorry
    Ruby: 0/8
    Sapphire: 0/8
    Emerald: 7/8
    FireRed: 8/8
    LeafGreen: 6/8
    Diamond: 0/8
    Pearl: 0/8
    Platinum: 7/8
    HeartGold: 16/16 (350/493)
    SoulSilver: 9/16
    Black:
    White:
    White 2:
    Black 2:

FC= 1121 0822 2345

So even if I chose treeko as my starter and traded torchic and mudkip in from ruby and sapphire id still have to have chikorita? No fair cause i wanted to get Cyndaquil!

You choose wich you want... You don'T get one according to your starter.

Quote Originally Posted by Kashmir View Post
    I haven't checked into it, but saying you can get another starter by getting all the medals is like saying you can get another johto starter from beating the elite-4 an insane amount of times.

I'm only a few pokes away from being able to get mine. x_x I just need Latios, Lunatone, and one or two others, and bam. My friend only has Emerald though, and not Sapphire. D: When I finally do manage to get those few pokes, when I get the starter, since I startd with Mudkip..I'll only get Totodile as a starter? I can't choose which one? O.o
    Yer but he chose Mudkip and said he wud only get totodile so are u sure u can pick?

no point waiting u an only get one invest in xd or colooseum u get ho-oh and lugia as well

My Platinum Team. Next stop Pastoria :P.

Yer but he chose Mudkip and said he wud only get totodile so are u sure u can pick?
    You doubt me???

I've completed the Dex once in Emerald, there was a table at Prof. Birch's lab, and three PokéBalls, Birch said that I had to choose one, and choose attentively because I coult only get one.

kk sos i just didnt know

so is there any way i can get another like someone said by getting the gold and silver medals from the battle frontier is that true then?
    Last edited by Luxraymaster; 7th March 2009 at 7:01 PM.

kk i got cyndaquil is there any way i can get another like someone said by getting the gold and silver medals from the battle frontier is that true then?
    no if it were true, it'd be stated on the main site, if you want a second or all 3 then either invest in XD or collo, or trade cyndaquil over to another game and restart emerald

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast