Page 160 of 209 FirstFirst ... 60110150156157158159160161162163164170 ... LastLast
Results 3,976 to 4,000 of 5210

Thread: Ingame Single Rates/Single Movesets Requests

Great suggestions for my Typhlosion, thanks.

3DS FC: Yui | 2595 0836 4861

Speaking of Typhlosion, I could use some opinions on mine.

Typhlosion (Modest/Quick To Flee) @Unknown
    Ability: Blaze
    EVs: Undetermined
    -Flamethrower
    -Flare Blitz (later becomes Eruption)
    -Focus Blast
    -Extrasensory (I will not get rid of this one as my BFF worked hard to get it for my birthday <3)

Here's what I'm wondering. I like the look of using a Choice item with Eruption, but I can't decide which one. Choice Scarf would ensure I go first. But I get a speed boost thanks to his secondary nature, and Typhlosion's speed is already fairly impressive, so would it be better to go for Choice Specs to ensure a 1-hit KO?

^ Even with the Specs, you won't be guaranteed an OHKO, especially if you're too slow and get hit first. Scarf is the way to go.

Okay, how about this? I'm kinda hesitant to suggest it, as it lacks a spammable fire move, but it does pack a bit more power.

Typhlosion (Modest/Quick To Flee) @Choice Scarf
    EVs: Undetermined
    -Overheat
    -Eruption
    -Focus Blast
    -Extrasensory (I will not get rid of this one as my BFF worked hard to get it for my birthday <3)

I start off running Eruption + Choice Scar at full HP. If the enemy gets a couple hits in, I can switch out, switch back in after a KO (or, as I call it, a free switch), and run Overheat under 1/3rd HP for massive damage.

You can always use Fire Blast, if you really want a spammable Fire move for low HP.

~Awesomeness made by the talented GladeShadow~

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    Okay, how about this? I'm kinda hesitant to suggest it, as it lacks a spammable fire move, but it does pack a bit more power.

Typhlosion (Modest/Quick To Flee) @Choice Scarf
    EVs: 4 Def / 252 Sp. Atk / 252 Spe
    -Flamethrower / Fire Blast
    -Eruption
    -Focus Blast

I start off running Eruption + Choice Scar at full HP. If the enemy gets a couple hits in, I can switch out, switch back in after a KO (or, as I call it, a free switch), and run Overheat under 1/3rd HP for massive damage.
    Flamethrower or Fire Blast greatly outclass Overheat since either are more reliable moves to use once Eruption becomes wimpy. While Overheat suits the hit + run style of a Choiced Pokemon, it forces you out after use and the idea for sets like this is to have a reliable STAB move to fall back on and while Eruption is powerful, it isn't really reliable or consistent due to the fact the user's remaining HP determines how powerful it is. That's where Flamethrower or Fire Blast come in. Both are fairly reliable STAB moves (Fire Blast's 85% accuracy can be a letdown at times so Flamethrower is an acceptable alternative) and can be used fairly freely. Extrasensory isn't really that great since Psychic is a rather lackluster Attacking Type but if Hidden Power Grass, Electric or Ice aren't options, then I suppose it can do although many of the things it hits are normally hit harder by Typhlosion's other moves. For EVs, just max Special Attack and Speed. There's no real reason to run anything else unless you only want to outspeed Scarfed neutral Natured base 90's and 95's although in-game, you'll already outspeed everything you'll see.
    Don't judge me or my life choices unless you know and understand the reasons behind them.

Will this actually work instead of the Smogon set?

Breloom @ Toxic Orb
    Ability: Poison Heal
    Adamant/Jolly Nature
    EVs: 6HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    ~ Spore
    ~ Focus Punch
    ~ Seed Bomb
    ~ Facade

The first three slots are simple and just has to be there. The last slot is Facade because i prever it over Stone Edge and Sub. Opinions?

Default Ursaring

hey,
    i have 2 teddiursas and i can't choose which one to raise.

one is jolly, the other is hardy natured.
    both often doze off.
    both have quick feet as their ability.

the debate i'm having is should i boost the speed on the hardy one myself with items or do i take the hit on sp.atk with the jolly one.

also, my moveset is going to be all physical... something like:

-ice punch
    -fire punch
    -thunder punch
    -shadow claw

thanks for any advice.

Hi. I need a moveset suggestion for my Ampharos, I am having trouble getting a good one.

This is my Ampharos so far, I need to get rid of Strength for something especially.
    Will not breed for a new one though.

Ampharos [Chidori] M
    Relaxed Nature
    Static
    -Signal Beam
    -Discharge
    -Thunder Wave
    -Strength
    POKEMON Y
    IGN Name: Tetsuya
    Pokedex: 602 Seen | 522 Caught

My Current Favorite Y Obtained Shinies

Yaoi | Kurogane | Syaoran | Nanase | Aomine | Dan

Latest Shiny: Floatzel

Spoiler:- Claim & FC and Friend Safari:

hey,
    i have 2 teddiursas and i can't choose which one to raise.

one is jolly, the other is hardy natured.
    both often doze off.
    both have quick feet as their ability.

the debate i'm having is should i boost the speed on the hardy one myself with items or do i take the hit on sp.atk with the jolly one.

also, my moveset is going to be all physical... something like:

-ice punch
    -fire punch
    -thunder punch
    -shadow claw

thanks for any advice.
    Ursaring is not a Special Attacker, and nor will he ever be.

Ursaring @ Choice Band/Flame Orb
    Guts @ Adamant/Jolly
    252 HP/252 Attack/6 HP
    -Return
    -Earthquake
    -Crunch
    -Fire Punch

Return for STAB and massive power. Earthquake for Rock/Steels, Crunch for Ghosts, and Fire Punch hits Levitating Steels.

Hi. I need a moveset suggestion for my Ampharos, I am having trouble getting a good one.

This is my Ampharos so far, I need to get rid of Strength for something especially.
    Will not breed for a new one though.

Ampharos [Chidori] M
    Relaxed Nature
    Static
    -Signal Beam
    -Discharge
    -Thunder Wave
    -Strength
    Ampharos @ Modest
    Static @ Leftovers
    252 HP/252 Special Attack/6 Speed
    -Thunderbolt/Discharge
    -Signal Beam
    -Power Gem
    -Thunderwave/Substitute
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092
    Onix | Shuckle | Nosepass

Im getting a Vibrava in the safari zone and I need a good movese for a Flygon
    Recent Shiny
    Shinies Lost:2
    3ds Friend Code: 3024-6649-7407 PM me for Other Safaris!
    Safari Type:Psychic
    Espurr, Grumpig, Duosion

Quote Originally Posted by Gligari View Post
    Im getting a Vibrava in the safari zone and I need a good movese for a Flygon
    Flygon @ Adamant/Jolly/Naughty/Naive
    Choice Band/Scarf
    252 Attack/252 Speed/6 HP
    -Outrage
    -Earthquake
    -Fire Punch/Fire Blast
    -Crunch
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092

I just got a shiny Torkoal, and I need some help.

It's Impish, but its' Special Attack stat is the same as the Attack stat, which is good, since Torkoal doesn't learn any Physical Fire moves.

Torkoal@Flame Plate/Leftovers
    Impish
    Heat Wave/Whatever
    Iron Defense
    Amnesia
    Flail/Smokescreen/???

The thing is, depending on the Pokemon, I can pretty much determine what kind of moves (Phys/Spec) it will use. (As I've viewed pretty much every page in the dex on the site)

So, I start settin' up whichever defense is needed most to max, then same with the other. So when HP starts getting very low, Flail can do its thing. But if I go with Leftovers, no point in Flail, so I'll just put in Smokescreen so there's an even lower chance of getting lots of damage in. Otherwise, I'm highly unsure there.

And Heat Wave is just there for quick damage and enough PP to get in a decent amount of damage with a chance of Burn.

So yeah, not comepleteley sure on that.
    Alpha Sapphire

It's Impish, but its' Special Attack stat is the same as the Attack stat, which is good, since Torkoal doesn't learn any Physical Fire moves.
    For now that's true, but as it levels up, and if its EV trained in Attack, the gap will grow more and more.

Torkoal@Leftovers
    Impish
    Explosion
    Toxic
    Protect
    Fire Blast
    Toxic to wear down opponents, Protect to scout and recover HP, Explosion for when he's low on HP, and Fire Blast for Steels/Rocks that try and ruin your fun.

Your set sounded good in practice, but without any access to instant recovery such as Roost, and the fact he's so slow, it'd be very hard to pull off. Besides, you'd be sacrificing Leftovers for Flail, reducing his durability even more.
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092

Quote Originally Posted by foxyman1167 View Post
    For now that's true, but as it levels up, and if its EV trained in Attack, the gap will grow more and more.

Toxic to wear down opponents, Protect to scout and recover HP, Explosion for when he's low on HP, and Fire Blast for Steels/Rocks that try and ruin your fun.

Your set sounded good in practice, but without any access to instant recovery such as Roost, and the fact he's so slow, it'd be very hard to pull off. Besides, you'd be sacrificing Leftovers for Flail, reducing his durability even more.
    That's why if I was gonna get Leftovers, I was gonna switch Flail with Smokescreen, slowly raising health while the opponent sits... blind. XP

But nice set, thank you.
    Alpha Sapphire

Quote Originally Posted by Dan The Poke Man View Post
    That's why if I was gonna get Leftovers, I was gonna switch Flail with Smokescreen, slowly raising health while the opponent sits... blind. XP

But nice set, thank you.
    If its not in the Battle Tower, Smokescreen could work, but if not, they'll just switch.

This is a set that could also possibly work.

Torkoal @ Leftovers
    Impish
    -Stealth Rock
    -Toxic
    -Roar
    -Explosion/Fire Blast/Overheat

Role is to spread status with Toxic, Roar them out, rack up SR damage, and spread more Toxic. Explosion for when the job is done, or Fire Blast/Overheat for Steel types that are immune to Poison.
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092

Hey all. I'm thinking of raising a Mismagius. Any suggestions?
    If you wanna battle me, then battle with your favorite Pokemon, not ones that everyone else uses.

White FC
    Name: Hitomi
    FC: 0862 2553 1015

Currently hunting shinies!

- RE in Giant Chasm on White.
    - RE in Seafoam Islands on FireRed.

^ The most popular option is a Nasty Plot set. There are also Calm Mind and Choiced sets, but I have found this to be the most efficient in-game.

Mismagius @ Life Orb
    • Timid Nature
    • 4 HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe
    ~ Nasty Plot
    ~ Shadow Ball
    ~ Substitute / Hidden Power [Fighting]
    ~ Thunderbolt

NP Mismagius is popular for a very good reason. With her very good Base 105s in both SpAtk and Spe, she's a natural candidate for the Special Sweeper role. Nasty Plot is, of course, the core of this set. After one, she can demolish teams reasonably well, and after two, she is virtually unstoppable by anything that isn't named Steelix or Magnezone. Shadow Ball provides a very hard-hitting, reliable STAB with a nice secondary effect, should it every activate, and Thunderbolt gets you some added coverage. The choice between Substitute and HP [Fighting] can be a hard one; Do you go for the bonuses of hitting Dark harder, and not being walled by anything (iirc), or do you go with ease of setting up and extra difficulty to kill with Substitute? The choice depends on your playstyle, really. Personally, I prefer Substitute, but you may well play far more offensively than I do. Life Orb turns you into a truly deadly Sweeper, although if running three attacks then this could be replaced with the Wise Glasses. Inversely, you can also run Leftovers if you opt for Substitute, using the argument that the power boost will be redundant alongside Nasty Plot's SpAtk increase. Again, it's up to you. The EVs and Nature are standard Sweeper.

Hope it helps.

Strange request, hoping you can help.

Need in-game nature & movesets for the following (not using Battle Frontier TMs or Egg moves):

Kingler
    Weezing
    Snorlax
    Absol

Quote Originally Posted by Spyndal View Post
    Strange request, hoping you can help.

Need in-game nature & movesets for the following (not using Battle Frontier TMs or Egg moves):

Kingler
    Weezing
    Snorlax
    Absol
    No egg moves? Are you sure? I'll try to keep that in mind...

Kingler (Adamant Nature) @Choice Scarf
    ~Ability: Hyper Cutter~
    -Crabhammer
    -Rock Slide
    -Brick Break
    -X-Scissor/Return

or

Kingler (Jolly Nature) @Muscle Band/Life Orb/Leftovers
    ~Ability: Hyper Cutter~
    -Crabhammer
    -Brick Break/Rock Slide/X-Scissor
    -Swords Dance
    -Return

Weezing (Bold Nature) @Black Sludge/Leftovers
    -Sludge Bomb
    -Thunderbolt/Fire Blast
    -Will-O-Wisp/Explosion
    -Pain Split (Can be a Move Tutor move in HGSS)

Snorlax (Adamant Nature) @Leftovers/Choice Band
    ~Ability: Thick Fat~
    -Body Slam/Return
    -Crunch
    -EQ
    -Fire Punch

Absol (Adamant Nature) @Choice Scarf/Life Orb/Expert Belt
    ~Ability: Super Luck~
    -Night Slash/Fire Blast
    -Psycho Cut
    -Superpower
    -Sucker Punch
    Alpha SapphireL

Need some for my new Weavile, the old set that my old Weavile has is back from Pearl....

I prefer see more options then one set please ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Weavile.nl View Post
    Need some for my new Weavile, the old set that my old Weavile has is back from Pearl....

I prefer see more options then one set please ^^
    Weavile (Jolly Nature) @Choice Band
    -Night Slash
    -Ice Punch/Ice Shard
    -Brick Break
    -Aerial Ace

Weavile (Jolly Nature) @Focus Sash/Muscle Band/Expert Belt
    -Night Slash
    -Ice Punch/Ice Shard
    -Brick Break
    -Swords Dance
    Alpha SapphireL

Okay, I'm sure this probably isn't the place for this, but I honestly can't think of any better place, so here goes.

Cyndaquil (Modest Nature) @Heart Scale (omg filler)
    Level:18
    -Flamethrower
    -Flare Blitz
    -Fire Blast
    -Extrasensory

My question is, should I evolve him into Quilava? There is only one more move I want to get that he gets by leveling up, and that's Eruption. Thing is, if I evolve him, that'll put it off for another 8 levels. But, he will become more powerful in the short run. He's also traded, I should note. So should I evolve him? Or keep him a Cyndaquil until he learns Eruption?

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    Okay, I'm sure this probably isn't the place for this, but I honestly can't think of any better place, so here goes.

Cyndaquil (Modest Nature) @Heart Scale (omg filler)
    Level:18
    -Flamethrower
    -Flare Blitz
    -Fire Blast
    -Extrasensory

My question is, should I evolve him into Quilava? There is only one more move I want to get that he gets by leveling up, and that's Eruption. Thing is, if I evolve him, that'll put it off for another 8 levels. But, he will become more powerful in the short run. He's also traded, I should note. So should I evolve him? Or keep him a Cyndaquil until he learns Eruption?
    Flamethrower will be fine as a STAB move, and for the most part, it will be better than Eruption.
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092

Now, that's interesting. Because everyone has been advising me to get Eruption as it's such a powerful early-game move. O.o

Page 160 of 209 FirstFirst ... 60110150156157158159160161162163164170 ... LastLast