Page 412 of 417 FirstFirst ... 312362402408409410411412413414415416 ... LastLast
Results 10,276 to 10,300 of 10407

Thread: Stupid, Funny, Interesting, Weird, Uncommon and Unobvious Pokemon Facts

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    Anyway, despite having flame (which is intangible) for their tail, both Ponyta and Rapidash are capable of learning the move Iron Tail.

This is just as weird as Alakazam and Primeape being able to learn the move, since having something intangible for your tail makes it just as impossible as having no tail.
    Not to mention, iron would probably melt in a fire like that (assuming that the temperature is high enough), or at least not be very effective at all.

I checked and Golduck and Golbat (both names starting with Gol) are tied along with their pre-evolved forms for having the most Pokedex entries, with Pokemon Black and White being the only Pokemon games with new Pokedex entries that did not give them new entries due to only introducing Unova Pokemon entries.

Hoenn has disappointed.

P.S. I get tired of complaints from great games.
    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

These have probably been said but...

Hitmonlee is based of Bruce Lee

and Hitmonchan is based off Jackie Chan.

The names of cities and towns in Unova come from different types of cloud or cloud phenomena. Landorus, Thunderus and Tornadus all ride on clouds.

In Pewter City Museum, you can see pictures of Kabutops fossil/skeleton and Aerodactyl fossil/skeleton, but none for Omastar. Two Missingno. variants in the first Generation games have these skeletal sprites (the Kabutops one appears awesome). Guess what two fossil Pokemon are revived in Movie 5? And I do recall seeing an early trailer (trailers always lie) in which the two revived fossils remained as skeletons.
    Tired of seeing all-shiny teams on Wifi Random Matchup?
    Tired of hearing your friends brag about their shinies?
    Tired of hatching thousands of eggs to just get Hidden Power right?
    Visit my shop and turn the tables! PT's Perfect Shiny Shop. The simple solution.

dont know if it is alredy been said,
    but, Roost cancel the effect of Sky Drop
    I mean like this:
    enemy used Sky drop
    My pokemon used roost
    both pokemon go back to the ground
    what if gamefreak send scouts to Pokemon forums,
    give some trailer for the new gen,
    then wait for our responds, and keep an eye on our speculation,
    and then steal our idea???

used THIEF!
    It's super effective!

Cubone was originally going to be called "Orphan".........
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Current Hunt: Cresselia

WOW! That is.... something. At least I can say i learned something new.

Name: Scorch
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage
    If you've played the the metal gear solid series you should get this.

Charizard couldn't learn fly in R/B/G. This bug was fixed in Yellow.

In the 1st generation in lavender tower, before you acquired the silph scope the unnamed "ghost" pokemon was supposed to be a decayed, disembodied hand, shaped like a fist. The attacks were to be 2 moves unique to the ghost pokemon. Also, Cubone's ghost / mother Marowak was was supposed be much stronger. If it defeated you in battle, the Marowak would speak, saying "finally, fresh meat", and the game would likely give you an effective "game over", but the planned outcome is unknown. Needless to say, these details were erased because they were deemed far too scary.
    I have claimed Alduin, the mighty dragon! He shall one day return to bring forth the end of time, and fulfill the prophecy of the world eater.

If one were to combine the types of Gliscor and Empoleon and put them on one Pokemon, that Pokemon would have no weaknesses.

Friend Safari - Bug with Butterfree/Volbeat/Vivillon - PM me for my FC!
        Spoiler:- Shiny hunting stuff:

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrin View Post
    all five professors are named after trees. Oak, Elm, Birch, Rowan, and Juniper
    Don't forget about Ivy, and there is one professor that isn't called after a tree: Professor Hastings

Did you know that Meloetta has the longest cry in the game? (What I've heard.)

~ | Latest shiny: Alpha Sapphire| ~

~ | Friendscode X & Y: 3196-4085-3103 | ~

~ | Living Pokédex: 719/721 | ~

Giratina is the Pokemon Devil..and here is a video that explains its. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6FumCqna6I

A woman that was lost in an ice mountain was reborn as Froslass...

So human can turn into Pokemon?... Is that it? o.O

You can surf on a tree near the PWT building in B2W2

One of the pokemon that never made it to the light was a water-type starter called Kurusu.

There was supposed to be a surfboard in gen 1.

All the exhibits in the Marine Museum in RSE state true facts.

Shellos was supposed to originate in Gen 3

Lucario is basically an anagram of Riolu but with two extra letters.

Victreebell was the last Gen 1 Pokemon created.

They inserted a stealth parody of Yoda in Violet city in GSC
    My FC is 1506 8504 1063

Pokemon Black team: The sixth spot is for whatever I feel like using at the time.

Looking for:

Pm me If you have any of these and I'll see if we can work something out.

My favorite Pokemon:

Shinies:

A man once told me I can't have my cake and eat it too. I then proceeded to eat not only my cake but his as well.

What if the stickers are the only things made in China?

Quote Originally Posted by LordLucario21 View Post
    One of the pokemon that never made it to the light was a water-type starter called Kurusu.
    Oh, it's not just Kurusu.
    Giratina is the Pokemon Devil..and here is a video that explains its. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6FumCqna6I
    I'm no christian...but from my understanding, wasn't the devil more of a manipulator? Giritina was banished for it's own violence, and I hardly doubt the ghost dragon tries to take advantage of anyone. I'd imagine it to try and solve it's problems itself, like how it stopped Cyrus in Platinum. And the suicide...gah, this guy needs to separate myth from fact better.

Though the Wobbuffet one makes a lot of sense to me. After all, the big blue part seems to be based off a punching bag. It's kind of weird that there'd be a pokemon that battles by letting itself get beaten to a pulp.
    Last edited by Zachmac; 16th January 2013 at 4:20 AM.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

Uri Geller sued Nintendo over Kadabra (the japanese name looks similar to his) after a 'Dark Kadabra' pokemon card was released.
    (The case was dropped but there are no more Kadabra Pokemon trading cards after that)

@GreatGonzales, you've been reading too many creepypastas lately haven't you. THAT WAS NEVER AN IDEA, JUNICHI MASUDA SAID SO HIMSELF!

Dammit, I've been practically dead. Too busy fighting demons and shadows.......* points evoker at head*....... back to work...* fires*

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Penguin View Post
    If one were to combine the types of Gliscor and Empoleon and put them on one Pokemon, that Pokemon would have no weaknesses.
    To add to this, and I don't know if it had been mentioned in these 500 pages, but Spiritomb, Sableye, Tynamo, Eelektrik and Eelektross are the only Pokémon to have no weaknesses, where 3 of those are in the same evolutionary family. Tynamo, Eelektrik and Eelektross are also the only ones who negates all weaknesses thanks to an ability, Levitate. Spiritomb and Sableye simply have no weaknesses because Ghost and Dark negates each others' weaknesses, and they're dual Ghost/Dark types.

Quote Originally Posted by LordLucario21 View Post
    There was supposed to be a surfboard in gen 1.
    No, there wasn't. It was just too difficult to get the Surf HM while playtesting the game in the betas (And yet, they left it in the same spot). So, they made a surfboard item that acted as an item version of Surf and used it while playing through the game. It was never meant to be available in-game.

The three Hoenn starters are each able to learn at least one of the signature moves of their type by leveling up while their evolved forms can't. Treecko can learn mega drain at level 26 and Giga drain at level 46 while sceptile can only learn them through tms. It instead learns leaf blade level 29 and leaf storm level 67. Torchic can learn Flamethrower at level 43 while Braziken can only learn it from tm. Blaziken can learn blaze kick level 36 and sky uppercut level 59. Mudkip learns Hydro Pump level 42. This makes it impossible for a Swampert to know hydro pump unless the user either waits to evolve mudkip when it knows the move or through a move tutor who helps Swanpert learn hydro pump. Instead it learns muddy water at level 39.

Also Regigigas may also off been mentioned in the 3rd gen. When reading information about the Regi's the people who sealed them away mention "they were afraid of its power". This doesn't make sense as the sentence only seems to mean one Pokemon so it could not off been about the other three Regi's.

Don't know if this has been said but the sprites of the fossil kabutops and Aerodactyl in firered and leaf green are the ruby and sapphire sprites ^^

Onix can learn Slam. There is also a rap group called Onyx that has a song named "Slam". Coincidence? I think not.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

The wordings of the song in Elsa' Gym in bw 2 are identical to the Spanish High School Musical. Weird right ?

i heard somewhere that plusle amd minun were originally just going to be one pokemon, but with different forms (like basculin)
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousHeartless View Post
    No, there wasn't. It was just too difficult to get the Surf HM while playtesting the game in the betas (And yet, they left it in the same spot). So, they made a surfboard item that acted as an item version of Surf and used it while playing through the game. It was never meant to be available in-game.
    Oh, my mistake. XP Btw, @Zachmac, I knew there were others, but I just couldn't remember their names.

Anyways, in an early screenshot of B/W, Excadrill's stripes were facing the opposite direction from where they're facing now.

One of the scrapped Pokemon for Gen 2 was a turtle that looked a bit like Tirtouga.

There are more than 15 ( I think) glitch pokemon in Pokemon RBY.
    My FC is 1506 8504 1063

Pokemon Black team: The sixth spot is for whatever I feel like using at the time.

Looking for:

Pm me If you have any of these and I'll see if we can work something out.

My favorite Pokemon:

Shinies:

A man once told me I can't have my cake and eat it too. I then proceeded to eat not only my cake but his as well.

What if the stickers are the only things made in China?

Gurdurr and Ethan weigh the same. I found this while going through bulbapedia.

in white and blacks trailer ecadrills pattern was mirrored as to what it was officially is now
    http://forums.pokemonplus.net/index....rals&reff=1023<-click plz or use ye5 as refferer

Looking for: Metang safari only please message me I really need one.

My 3ds is 4167 5084 5892 Friend safari is Rufflet, Woobat, and Spearow!
    [/FONT]

Page 412 of 417 FirstFirst ... 312362402408409410411412413414415416 ... LastLast