Page 413 of 417 FirstFirst ... 313363403409410411412413414415416417 LastLast
Results 10,301 to 10,325 of 10407

Thread: Stupid, Funny, Interesting, Weird, Uncommon and Unobvious Pokemon Facts

Marill was gonna be purple not blue. Thats what I read so...
    DW dratini's with moves Extreme Speed and Dragon Rush
    DW Gligar
    DW Shuppet
    random eggs
    charmander bulba, squirtle
    the virus pokerus
    Looking for a DW F Larvitar

BR4VE's friend code: 0390 4671 4068

M DW drifloon.... M DW Lucario cyndaquil......lapras (regular) ... exeggcute... Skarmory....beldum....jigglypuff....flarion...eeve e i think M DW....torchic.... treeko.... can mate my serperior... happiny I have to evolve to mate....smeargle ... lickatung... azurill have to evolve...whismur....aggronn...beutifly..combee.. jinx.... Larvesta....staryu....arcanine..slakoth...

Roserade and Porygon-Z are the only 2 final evolved forms of a three-stage evolutionary line that are capable of being legitimately level 1
    black 2 fc: 2753-1852-9535
    dwfs i own:

The Kanto cities are all colors, and the starting town is Pallet.....
    The Johto cities all are relating to plants and trees, and the starting town is New Bark.
    Not too strange, but I thought it was funny.

Credit to cloneydew2000 for the sprites.

- I realized that a Poison and Dark typed Pokémon with Levitate could also have no weaknesses and a Water and Ground typed Pokémon with Sap Sipper too.
    - I also learned that Deoxys's Attack Form has the lowest Special Defense stat of all Pokémon, tied with Magikarp and Carvanha. Really funny.
    - That, in Pokémon Red and Blue version, Blue's Raticate actually dies in the main story. Here.
    - The last member of the Team Rocket in Heart Gold and Soul Silver, on the bridge north to Cerulean City returns in Pokémon Black and White. He is in Icirrus City, saying that this is his hometown and he decided to stop his evil actions.
    Last edited by The Prince of May; 20th April 2013 at 3:34 AM.
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

Smile Facts...

Snover used to have fly as a level up move in Diamond and Pearl. Also Kecleon is the colour change pokemon, but does not learn camoflauge. Darkrai can't learn Shadow Force (don't get why) unless action replay is used. All I got right now.
    Looking for shinies. Willing to trade a MAGIKARP shiny with hacked move set and Lv.100 Moves: Roar of Time, Spacial Rend, Judgment, Draco-meteor. If you wanna trade PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Papousse View Post
    - I realized that a Poison and Dark typed Pokémon with Levitate could also have no weaknesses and a Water and Ground typed Pokémon with Sap Sipper too.
    - I also learned that Deoxys's Attack Form has the lowest Special Defense stat of all Pokémon, tied with Magikarp and Carvanha. Really funny.
    - That, in Pokémon Red and Blue version, Blue's Raticate actually dies in the main story. Here.
    - The last member of the Team Rocket in Heart Gold and Soul Silver, on the bridge north to Cerulean City returns in Pokémon Black and White. He is in Icirrus City, saying that this is his hometown and he decided to stop his evil actions.
    I think the Raticate's death thing is a coincedense, sort of how people think Ditto are failed Mew clones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin.C View Post
    Snover used to have fly as a level up move in Diamond and Pearl. Also Kecleon is the colour change pokemon, but does not learn camoflauge. Darkrai can't learn Shadow Force (don't get why) unless action replay is used. All I got right now.
    Snover never learned Fly, ever. Darkrai can't learn Shadow Force because it's Giratina's signature move, sort of why Giratina can't learn Dark Void.
    I dont really care about your religion, and i am pretty sure a lot of others on here dont either.

Poliwag has the same cry as Ditto

HSOWA but everyone knows that

Talking

Wrong, it was a Move set glitch, Snover was right by Skarmory in the Pokédex, and you could either teach it fly, or have it know fly from the second you catch it. About Darkrai, I get what you mean but I think he should learn Shadow Force, because every game that I find about Darkrai, it always says hes from "the shadows" Arceus and Giratina are the only ones to learn shadow force.

Duosion
    It has two seperate brains so it has its moments...
    Looking for shinies. Willing to trade a MAGIKARP shiny with hacked move set and Lv.100 Moves: Roar of Time, Spacial Rend, Judgment, Draco-meteor. If you wanna trade PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin.C View Post
    Wrong, it was a Move set glitch, Snover was right by Skarmory in the Pokédex, and you could either teach it fly, or have it know fly from the second you catch it.
    I can't find anything on this on Google, Youtube or Pokemon websites. If it hasn't been shown yet, can you show us how to do this?
    I dont really care about your religion, and i am pretty sure a lot of others on here dont either.

In B2 (not sure what about W2), on Route 4, there's a Worker NPC who states that Crustle can be found on Desert Resort.

......except that only Dwebble are found there.

Sure, Dwebble is its pre-evo.....but the NPC specifically states that it is Crustle that can be found in Desert Resort, which is completely wrong.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Contrary to what his Pokédex entries suggest, Garchomp can't learn Fly.

Poison, Dragon and Normal are the only types that can't be 4x effective against any type combination (even non-existent ones). The former two only hit one type super-effectively (Grass and Dragon respectively) and the last doesn't hit anything super-effectively. However, Poison is probably going to hit the Fairy type super-effectively, which allows it to hit 4x effectively.
    Vaporeon's a beast.

This is probably not anything suprising, but I'm pretty sure that Lucario's name is based of of "Loup-Garou" (French for 'Werewolf', is pronounced "Loo-caroo"). Seems plausible, considering Lucario's appearance.

There's a whole bunch of these. Not sure if some of these are covered before, but... here are some that come to mind:

Dark was a Special type prior to Generation IV. Yet, when the whole physical/special split occurred, the ONLY Special Dark type move was Dark Pulse, a Generation IV move. So every single Dark type attack that existed prior to Generation IV are physical attacks, yet Dark was a special type.

Psychic was immune to Ghost back in Generation I. Only type that was effective against them was Bug. Only offensive Bug type moves in those days were: Leech Life, Twinneedle, and Pin Missile. And no one really ever used these moves. Also, Poison was supereffective against Bug in Generation I. Which meant, Parasect was 4x weak to THREE types. Fire, Flying, and Poison.

No Pikachu would ever evolve in Yellow version, whether the extra Pikachu was traded, glitch-spawned, or cheat-spawned.

There are in-game sprites for Pikachu using Surf and Fly in Yellow version. There's also a Surfing Pika minigame.

In GSC, breeding a shiny DID result in higher chances of hatching a shiny due to IV transfers and the fact that shininess was determined by IVs in those days. Sadly yet hilariously, you couldn't breed any Pokemon with any Pokemon that has the exact IVs of its parents, even if they are not actually the parents. Shiny Ditto1 breeding with Eevee to get shiny Eevee. Shiny Eevee attempts to breed with shiny Ditto2, but it would fail, since both shiny Dittos were obtained using the same glitch in Generation I, therefore have the same IV spread despite not being duplicated or related in any way whatsoever apart from the IVs. Also, due to the fact that GENDER was determined by the IVs, Pokemon with 7:1 male:female ratio could never be shiny and female at the same time. So no female starter Pokemon or Eevee could be shiny in those days.

And you CAN get Mew/Celebi in RGBYGSC/GSC without ever touching a cheating device.

There's a glitch Pokemon in Generation I with the worst possible typing in the history of Pokemon. Normal/Normal. That second Normal typing offers absolutely nothing good yet offers an extra x2 weakness to Fighting.

Back in Generation I, Swift really never missed. Fly, or Dig. Swift would hit.

There are two Missingno.s with the sprite of skeletal Kabutops and Aerodactyl. Pokemon Movie 5 has a temporarily revived Kabutops and Aerodactyl chasing the Latis. An early trailer of Movie 5 had the two fossil Pokemon maintaining their skeletal appearance, just like the Missingno.s

Generation I had more moves than Pokemon. Generation II had equal number of moves and Pokemon. Generation II and onwards have more Pokemon than moves.
    Last edited by DX 2401PT; 16th June 2013 at 6:34 AM.
    Tired of seeing all-shiny teams on Wifi Random Matchup?
    Tired of hearing your friends brag about their shinies?
    Tired of hatching thousands of eggs to just get Hidden Power right?
    Visit my shop and turn the tables! PT's Perfect Shiny Shop. The simple solution.

pokemon the first movie had mistakes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zf_Bz8RmQ8
    HUNTS
    990 SRs

Ever since her debut in Diamond/Pearl, Cynthia has appeared in every game. Diamond/Pearl (Champion), Platinum (Champion), HeartGold/SoulSilver (Sinjoh Ruins), Black/White (Undella Town), and Black2/White2 (Undella Town, PWT).

The PWT in BW2 has the VS. Champion and VS. Gym Leader battle music from every generation. Quite the sense of nostalgia when battling Green/Blue.

Mewtwo is the only stationary normally-encounterable (non Event) Legendary in HGSS that does not have its own special battle theme. And Lugia and Ho oh are the only two "pair" mascot-Legendary that have different battle themes. Compare to Groudon/Kyogre, Dialga/Palkia, and Reshiram/Zekrom, who share their unique battle themes.
    Tired of seeing all-shiny teams on Wifi Random Matchup?
    Tired of hearing your friends brag about their shinies?
    Tired of hatching thousands of eggs to just get Hidden Power right?
    Visit my shop and turn the tables! PT's Perfect Shiny Shop. The simple solution.

Bastiodon's face is a castle wall

Pokémon Cyrstals box was the last one to feature the phrase "Gotta Catch'em All"on the box.
    THIS IS FOR MY NINTENDO 3DS HANDHELD SYSTEM 2664-2984-6619
    THIS IS FOR MY POKEMON WHITE VIDEO GAME Mike-0218-6703-3716

Pokemon retired the phrase "Gotta Catch'em All" after Gen II.

Hariyama can learn Brine, most likely as a reference as to how sumo wrestlers purify the ring with salt before battle.

Shroomish can learn Drain Punch, Focus Punch, and Wake-Up Slap through Breeding although it has no arms.

Remoraid is based off of a revolver gun, and Octillery is based off of a cannon (more or less).

Scald is the only Water-type move that can cause a burn, and Emboar is the only fire-type pokemon that can learn it.

Zigzagoon and Relicanth were left out of the Hoenn Pokerap.
    Last edited by Zidshinsin; 25th June 2013 at 10:42 PM.

Several pokemon with two evolutions are in CBA alphabetical order, that is, they go backward each time. Pokemon with this order include:

Cleffa/Clefairy/Clefable
    Pidgey/Pidgeotto/Pidgeot
    Machop/Machoke/Machamp
    Litwick/Lampent/Chandelure
    Starly/Staravia/Staraptor

And in the ralts line, it's DCBA.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 12/10
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR
    To reclaim:

Did you know that that according to the pokedex, spoink bounces to keep it's heart beating so If he stops bouncing, his heart stops too. 0.0

Quote Originally Posted by DX Installation 05 View Post
    Psychic was immune to Ghost back in Generation I. Only type that was effective against them was Bug. Only offensive Bug type moves in those days were: Leech Life, Twinneedle, and Pin Missile. And no one really ever used these moves.
    Psychic surely was not immune to ghost in Pokemon Yellow! I used to win Sabrina with Haunter (although psychic did hit hard) - thing was that Lick was the only normally damaging ghost-type move while night shade was never super-effective-

Ghost type in theory were supereffective on psychic also in generation I so they surely weren't immune to it. I'm not sure about original Red and Green/Blue but I've played Yellow and I had Red/Blue guide that said Ghost was supereffective on Psychic just like in later gens.

This is probably said before but only Dragon-type move in gen1 was Dragon Rage that never hits supereffective thanks to it's guaranteed 40hp damage. So dragon type's offensive capabilities were poor.

Quote Originally Posted by Blasting Toise View Post
    Psychic surely was not immune to ghost in Pokemon Yellow! I used to win Sabrina with Haunter (although psychic did hit hard) - thing was that Lick was the only normally damaging ghost-type move while night shade was never super-effective-

Ghost type in theory were supereffective on psychic also in generation I so they surely weren't immune to it. I'm not sure about original Red and Green/Blue but I've played Yellow and I had Red/Blue guide that said Ghost was supereffective on Psychic just like in later gens.

This is probably said before but only Dragon-type move in gen1 was Dragon Rage that never hits supereffective thanks to it's guaranteed 40hp damage. So dragon type's offensive capabilities were poor.
    No. There was an error in the programming that made Psychic types immune to Ghost. It was intended that Ghost was super effective against Psychic, but that is not how it ended up being programmed.
    (template from Jerkfighter)

Quote Originally Posted by Missingno.Fan View Post
    No. There was an error in the programming that made Psychic types immune to Ghost. It was intended that Ghost was super effective against Psychic, but that is not how it ended up being programmed.
    Okay- it seems they fixed that to Yellow then. And same in all other generations

There are a few NPCs in B2/W2 whose dialogue changes depending on the Pokemon in your team.

A unique thing about them, is that they did NOT directly ask you to bring those certain Pokemon, they will only drop a quite subtle hint about it. So some people might not even know that you're supposed to bring certain Pokemon to them......not to mention this is the first time such type of NPC exist. And most of them won't give you anything apart from a different dialogue, so most guides and walkthroughs on the internet do not mention them, which doesn't help at all in making them known to players.

Here's a list of the NPCs:

- The Ranger in Humilau Pokemon Center will have a different dialogue depending on whether you have a Pokemon with Surf in your team or not.
    - The Nurse in a house in Humilau will have a different dialogue if you bring her a Luvdisc (she also will give you 5 Heart Scales).
    - The NPC near the end of Tubeline Bridge will have a different dialogue if you bring a Pokemon with Soundproof ability.
    - The Lady in Route 2 will have a different dialogue (along with a different sprite!) if you bring her a Pokemon with Solid Rock ability.

I think there are more NPCs like that in B2/W2, but those four are what I've found so far.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Page 413 of 417 FirstFirst ... 313363403409410411412413414415416417 LastLast