Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: The Fan Fiction Rules - Please Read

I've finished my pokeball poem that I did at school.

Are we allowed to have more then two threads though? Like one for Fan Fiction and one from the poem? I'm finished with the poem none-of-the-less, but I wanted to get started with the FF I started.
    HEARTGOLD- 1420 7237 9529 Ash
    WHITE- 3611 0422 7327 Ash
    BLACK- 2752 2456 8268 Ash (just started on my birthday)

Credit to gladeshadow for the userbar

Copy this if you have a lvl 100 pokemon after one battle.

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=525526 -WhiteWhisper's shop

I offer Cloning services with/without ribbons. Just PM me.

You're actually suppose to have a new thread per story/poem/script. After all, it'd be weird to have a chapter story interrupted with a poem that has no ties to it, no? ;P

So yeah, you're allowed to have more than two threads.

just wondering if your story has non pokemon related characters and pokemon charactors ( just an example not actually doing this but star wars/pokemon ) where does it go?

i fail at reckonizing (fail spelling) where they go

CLAIM LIST-----
    -VALKYRIA CHRONICLES
    - WANTS TO CLAIM ALL VALKYRIA CHRONICLES RELATED ITEMS AND CHARACTORS
    -(DID CLAIM) WELKIN GUNTHER (VALKYRIA CHRONICLES)
    - SELVARIA BLES (VALKYRIA CHRONICLES)
    -'Sunrise' ADVANCE WARS: DAYS OF RUIN (music track)
    .... Uhhh hopefully a pokemon soon3

If it's partly Pokémon, it goes in the main forum.

Chapter 64: Hide and Seek
    The story of an ordinary boy on an impossible quest in a world that isn't as black and white as he always thought it was.
    (rough draft of the remaining chapters finished for NaNoWriMo; to be edited and posted)

Morphic
    (completed, plus silly extras)
    A few scientists get drunk and start fiddling with gene splicing. Ten years later, they're taking care of eight half-Pokémon kids, each freakier than the next, while a religious fanatic plots to murder them all.

Lengthy fanfiction reviewing guide / A more condensed version
    Read and I will be very happy for a large number of reasons.

Finally! Only took me 20 minutes to make sure this was not a repeated question.

Psychic: All chapters also must have the proper paragraphing. Remember: a new paragraph begins every time a new person speaks or a new topic is discussed
    ^This. If my fic has a few lines like:

"'Well well, it seems that all the running was for naught' He chuckled and approached Grovyle. The lizard Pokemon cringed as he came near. Why wouldn't he just leave him alone?"

Do I need to make a new paragraph at "he chuckled" or "The lizard Pokemon cringed."?

(Also, I think I did the quoting wrong...sorry)

(EDIT: I have already written the first chapter of my fic. If I post it, then decide I want to add a prologue later...what do I do? Or should I wait until I actually decided to make a prologue or not before posting a fic?)
    Last edited by Ttone1224; 29th May 2011 at 9:27 PM. Reason: Forgot to mention something

I would say in the example you provided that it should stay in the same paragraph. The "he chuckled" is somewhat related to the dialogue before, and "the lizard pokemon cringed ..." is related to the sentence that illustrates the speaker walking toward it. When the topic changes (or is different enough for the previous sentences), you should start a new paragraph.

As for your second question, you could always combine the prologue with the first chapter in the first post if you decide to write a prologue. Another example is using a spare post you may have used to respond to a reviewer. I actually broke up my first chapter into two chapters for one of my stories. The first "half" took up the first post, and I posted the second "half" in a spare post I had used to respond to a reviewer. Though maybe you should decide to write a prologue or not before you post it to avoid that mess. =P

Thanks for clearing it up for me. I have never been too sure.

Thanks to Peter at The Peters Art Shop

Spoiler:- PMD3 Spoiler:
    Thanks to Peter at The Peters Art Shop

I have a question for my fic. I made a prologue, and now I'm working on the chapter one. A part in chapter one seems to fit better with the prologue, now that I look at it. But would that be against the rules to edit that in?
    Never underestimate Cabbage, for Cabbage surpasses all other vegetables.

Name: Vellie
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

You can edit whatever you like in your fic at any time. It would be pretty silly to disallow that. What's not allowed is posting a chapter fragment simply because you can't be bothered to finish the chapter before posting it.
    Last edited by Dragonfree; 14th June 2011 at 4:40 PM.

The story of an ordinary boy on an impossible quest in a world that isn't as black and white as he always thought it was.
    (rough draft of the remaining chapters finished for NaNoWriMo; to be edited and posted)

Morphic
    A few scientists get drunk and start fiddling with gene splicing. Ten years later, they're taking care of eight half-Pokémon kids, each freakier than the next, while a religious fanatic plots to murder them all.

Oh, okay. Thank you!
    Never underestimate Cabbage, for Cabbage surpasses all other vegetables.

Name: Vellie

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to ask this, but has anyone ever had troubles with other people stealing their work? I'm thinking of posting a fic, but I'm hesitant because I'm afraid of someone trying to steal my work and pass it off as their own...

Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner

Quote Originally Posted by General Nonsense View Post
    I'm not sure if this is the correct place to ask this, but has anyone ever had troubles with other people stealing their work? I'm thinking of posting a fic, but I'm hesitant because I'm afraid of someone trying to steal my work and pass it off as their own...
    It's happened once or twice before; the older vets probably remember as I do. But rest assured, this is a pretty safe forum. If somebody tries to steal your work, we will catch them and stop them.

So don't worry.

Under the Same Sky - PG-15||Completed

Memorandum to UtSS: "A Deathless Prelude".
    FF.net Profile//Quote-of-the-month: “History is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.”

There's always a risk, but the likelihood of having it happen to you is extremely, extremely slim. In all the years I've been in this fandom, I've really only come across only a couple of people who, as it turns out, basically stole someone else's story, and that's only a couple out of the far-too-many-to-estimate writers I've seen. More than that, thanks to timestamps and the lovely invention called Google, you can always check to see if your work had been ripped off. If it's on a pretty big board (like TCoD), you can always just patch a PM or e-mail to the mods (or, in the case of fanfiction communities like FFNet, actually report it), but if it's on a small board, there really shouldn't be anything to worry about.

In short, sure, you have a risk of having your work stolen when you put it online, but because the chances of that happening are so slim and because it's not that difficult to get the issue resolved (if you choose to bother), it's rather silly to worry about it.

REBOOT: Chapter fifteen now available. | Original: Chapter thirty-one now available.

The Witch of Fic | 365+ Reviews
    Q&A's for all your writing needs. | 365 fanfic reviews in 365 days.

The Fan Fiction Mafia | Author's Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Draco Malfoy View Post
    It's happened once or twice before; the older vets probably remember as I do. But rest assured, this is a pretty safe forum. If somebody tries to steal your work, we will catch them and stop them.

So don't worry.
    Alright thanks

I am allowed to post original work in the non-pokemon fics section right?

I'm still not sure if I should post it or not, I'm not sure if it's good enough to post...

Yeah, it has happened before (as a note it happened to myself on another site), but on the other hand the punishment for it is pretty severe and it tends to be the case on other communities too, and dealt with as needed. On the whole it is a pretty rare occurrence though (I suppose one could say that with the hundreds of fics posted here in a year, if not thousands, we'd be unlucky if only one is plagiarised from here more or less from what I know of the history here).

So as said, it's not something to worry about here really.

EDIT:
    I am allowed to post original work in the non-pokemon fics section right?
    Yes, you can (people have done so themselves before).

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!
    Gain achievements for activity on forums & the games!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current article: Fan Art Reviews: toufu's Manga! Check out neat art of Golduck and Shinx, among others!
    Avatar by minty-fivestar on DA, with edited background/cropping. Fic banner by cieux.

One more question (forgive my too many questions), I'm not sure what my fic would be rated. It contains violence, mild language, some alcohol use, and some gruesome elements. The violence isn't really graphic and most of it is fantasy violence. I think it's rated pg-13, but I'm just not sure.

Yes, that sounds like a PG-13 to me.

Morphic

Right then, I guess I'll go ahead and post it

I can't do the 2 page thing, because, I have no way to get accsess Word. I am sorry, so I would not know if there is any exception to this, but if there is that would be great.
    I believe in Jesus Christ.

I HAVE CLAIMED AMBIPOM!!

Name: Greenbay

Quote Originally Posted by djhappy View Post
    10 Like the Monoply Man!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rival Gary
    This is sandwitch! this is Bulbasaur, witch wins? Lets find out! BULBASAUR! USE EAT! Critical hit, sandwitch fainted!
        Spoiler:- Game:

Spoiler:- Funny:

Quote Originally Posted by Zekrom_Lover View Post
    I can't do the 2 page thing, because, I have no way to get accsess Word. I am sorry, so I would not know if there is any exception to this, but if there is that would be great.
    You could ask someone (like me, who would like to help you) to have your chapters when you are done with them so they could see if it reaches the 2 page limit.

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

Thanks! You would do that for me?! Your so nice! Im truely sorry for what I said.
    I believe in Jesus Christ.

I HAVE CLAIMED AMBIPOM!!

Name: Greenbay

Quote Originally Posted by djhappy View Post
    10 Like the Monoply Man!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rival Gary
    This is sandwitch! this is Bulbasaur, witch wins? Lets find out! BULBASAUR! USE EAT! Critical hit, sandwitch fainted!
        Spoiler:- Game:

Spoiler:- Funny:

There are free word processors out there that are similar to Word. OpenOffice for example has a lot of functions that Word has. Likewise, if you have a Google account/email, you'll be able to access Google Docs, which, at the least, has pages and basic editing functions for you to use.

Likewise, you might already have a word processor installed on your computer but may not know the name of it. Some other word processors are Microsoft Works and Wordperfect.

You can also do a word count. Two pages in Word is roughly equivalent to ~1000 words.

Morphic

I need help with rating for my fanfic, there is violence but it's only like "Pikachu used Thunderbolt" kind of stuff. It takes place during a war between two Pokémon but they don't actually kill they just make the Pokémon faint and it only really shows the war in like, the first chapter. I'm assuming it will be something like G or PG but I just need conformation.
    Someone should trade me a Banette/Shuppet for Pokemon X. Please.

PG at most would be fine for that, pretty sure.

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!
    Gain achievements for activity on forums & the games!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current article: Fan Art Reviews: toufu's Manga! Check out neat art of Golduck and Shinx, among others!
    Avatar by minty-fivestar on DA, with edited background/cropping. Fic banner by cieux.

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast