Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: The Fan Fiction Rules - Please Read

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfree View Post
    A quick Google search gave me this to calculate how many words your story is. You can assume that one page in Word amounts to 500 words or so and use that.
    Thank You for the help. This is the greatest thing I can get to help me write my Fan Fictions. I made my story happen after The Grand Festival and Ash beating Champion Cythnia. He did it with Grotle having evolved into a Torterra and having his charizard from the Ichigo League that Professor Oak brought him. So he has charizard and all his old pokemon are going to work with him against The Shadow Pokemon and their master Givoanni partnered with Team Rocket.
    Spoiler Alert
    Jessie, James, and Meowth aren't working for Givoanni any more. They created their own team.
    End Spoiler Alert
    Last edited by Skulker00; 28th December 2008 at 5:46 PM. Reason: I didn't see my spoiler and my text isn't spelled right

Now say we write a fanfic that has relationships in it. Say, a pretty dominant thing. Can that go here or does it belong in the shippers community fanfic area?

Or is the shipping there between two characters of the anime exclusively.

Or it doesn't really matter?

Trying to figure that out.

The general rule of thumb is that if this ship is the most central theme of the story, making the fic more character-driven than plot-driven, it should go in Shipping. If the relationship itself isn't really the most important thing, or you're more exploring the circumstances of it rather than the relationship itself, it should be fine here. Feel free to PM a Mod if you want a second opinion (but heads-up; if you send it to me, I may take awhile to reply :x).

~Psychic
    Ever wanted to attend a Pokémon convention?
    Check out Pokéthon, a new sub-event at Otakuthon in Montreal, Canada this August!

Like us on Facebook for news and updates!

All right, thanks Psychic

Just thinking, because I like romance and want it to be in most of my writings, and was wondering if it came up where it would go. It wont be dominant, but apparent and even open (no hinting.)

Is the word 'screw' considered language when it's used in a context something along the lines of "Screw you, Underscore Man!"
    [IMG]http://i43.*******.com/hrja7d.png[/IMG]
    credits claimed 'mon ff.net

I definitely wouldn't consider it so. :/ It is already a euphemism.

Chapter 63: Recovery
    The story of an ordinary boy on an impossible quest in a world that isn't as black and white as he always thought it was.
    (rough draft of the remaining chapters finished for NaNoWriMo; to be edited and posted)

Morphic
    (completed, plus silly extras)
    A few scientists get drunk and start fiddling with gene splicing. Ten years later, they're taking care of eight half-Pokémon kids, each freakier than the next, while a religious fanatic plots to murder them all.

Lengthy fanfiction reviewing guide / A more condensed version
    Read and I will be very happy for a large number of reasons.

Pardon me if this has been asked before; but if you've left your own fic for a long while, for whatever reason and it's a one shot, can you come back and edit it and respond to reviews you hadn't gotten to yet?

Or should you just leave it as is and shift it to the completed fics section?

Edit: Hopefully I got this in the write section. >__< Burr.
    Last edited by Synthetic; 27th January 2009 at 7:52 AM.
    [.Three: H/Rt-314.]

тѕє ѕцтсєыяєр омон

I'd personally say it's okay if it's at least somewhat substantially edited.

The story of an ordinary boy on an impossible quest in a world that isn't as black and white as he always thought it was.
    (rough draft of the remaining chapters finished for NaNoWriMo; to be edited and posted)

Morphic
    A few scientists get drunk and start fiddling with gene splicing. Ten years later, they're taking care of eight half-Pokémon kids, each freakier than the next, while a religious fanatic plots to murder them all.

I have a story where I have My brothers and me as pokemon owners. It also has some of my friends online who are needed to complete the story. They are needed because well multiple reasons. First there is 2 of them that are loves of My brothers. Then there is someone who has a Training Facility that My character visits. The Fourth character is needed because he is our locksmith in many different locations. The last character is a Pokemon trainer who pokemon are all humaniods. He is needed because he helps fight the bad guy of the story with his Super-Exp-Share and many crafted pokemon Items.

You see all of the people who are my characters are needed for their reasons said in the previous paragraph. They all have given me permission to use them and their pokemon. I would love to see this story on this site. I need to know if I can post that.

Do you write their lines, or do they?

As long as the entire work is yours, you can post it (although you should be warned that self-inserts are generally frowned upon).

Morphic

Do you write their lines, or do they?

As long as the entire work is yours, you can post it (although you should be warned that self-inserts are generally frowned upon).
    I create their lines. It just has some characters that aren't mine. It takes place after Pokemon: Diamond and Pearl and another story I imagined with My brothers and I as the allies to Ash and the Rest of the main Pokemon anime characters. It is one of my switched POV anime stories where someone else is the main character and that character is me and my online friends. It has background stories of My online friends' Pokemon are the same and they gave me permission to do it.
    Last edited by Skulker00; 5th February 2009 at 1:30 AM. Reason: Wrong word in one sentence

Yes, then you can post it. You just can't make a thread here asking for other people to submit characters to your story. If you already have your characters and they happen to have been created by somebody else you know who has given you permission to use them, that's fine.

Morphic

Yes, then you can post it. You just can't make a thread here asking for other people to submit characters to your story. If you already have your characters and they happen to have been created by somebody else you know who has given you permission to use them, that's fine.
    Thank you. Just wanted to make sure.

For some reason, I cannot make a thread in this section.

Any help please?

Is there an internal server 500 error that appears when you try to post? Check your post for certain words like insert, delete, create, select, update, or any words that contain them. If so, replace them or change one of the letters slightly. E.g. I made one letter in each word in the italic font.

It's a forum-wide problem that may occur - that may be the problem - those words make the forum try to run database commands.

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

Other Fics
    Unfortunately Blue | Notice: Keep Out | Turnabout Assumptions
    Song Parodies | Snapshots | Fairy Tale (new!)

Check out this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut? Check the forums too!
    Current article: From RSE to ORAS - Top Ten Wanted Improvements!
    Avatar by minty-fivestar on DA, with edited background/cropping. Fic banner by cieux.

I found a few possible problems words like 'hardware' and 'archive' but even after changing them, it still didn't work.

I discovered 'from' can also cause problems (that was in a PM post a while ago). I don't know why this is; the problem seems to come and go. I haven't had any issues recently.

You could try 'download' and 'upload' as well.

тѕє ѕцтсєыяєр омон

Quote Originally Posted by Synthetic View Post
    I discovered 'from' can also cause problems (that was in a PM post a while ago). I don't know why this is; the problem seems to come and go. I haven't had any issues recently.
    Possibly because "From" is used as part of a command in SQL.
    "Your avatar looks like he just JIZZED. IN, HIS PANTS."-Psychic
    [img]http://i33.*******.com/oi7mtz.png[/img]
    banner by Zadros, a sexy man of action
    Winner of Serebii's HG/SS fanfic contest. No one is sure why.
    Penultimate: A story about what happens when Satoshi Tajiri smokes the crack that crack smokes
    Formerly Blastoise
    ASB: level 4
    69 KOs, 179 TP, 119.5 SP squad Ghost gym leader
    33-7-1

Could explain it then. Took me a week or so to figure out the problem; I'd gone through every other word I could think of.

Has there been a thread set up anywhere that lists all the possible words that could be causing this problem? If not, it might be worth setting one up.

тѕє ѕцтсєыяєр омон

Replaced all for words and even tried putting the whole text in ' ' tags, but to no avail.

Still not working.
    Last edited by rhysus2007; 13th February 2009 at 11:02 AM.

Simple question, sorry if it's considered spam...
    Can an 11-year old post a PG fic? See, my only G fic is practically nonsense...the others are PG only for the mention of blood but no extremely gross gory scenes. O.o
    Marco says: Awesome sig under construction <3 Please do stand by~ (Yeah, for like how many weeks?)

Quote Originally Posted by Hazel_Nut View Post
    Simple question, sorry if it's considered spam...
    Can an 11-year old post a PG fic? See, my only G fic is practically nonsense...the others are PG only for the mention of blood but no extremely gross gory scenes. O.o
    I... don't see anything wrong with that. O.o

It really depends on your maturity, I guess. Numbers don't define your maturity, when you deal with serious issues in your fanfics, nor does it necessarily mean you can (or can't) handle mature themes well.

Go with what you feel comfortable with, I'd suggest.

And obviously, if it's something you wouldn't want to try and explain to your parents (like a kissing scene or bad gore), then don't write it.

тѕє ѕцтсєыяєр омон

You can absolutely post it. ^^ Age does not limit a writer to what they can or can not write, so long as they're mature about it and know what they're talking about.

So go ahead, and don't worry about a thing - if it follows with the Fan Fiction Rules, we'll be happy to read it.

~Psychic
    Ever wanted to attend a Pokémon convention?
    Check out Pokéthon, a new sub-event at Otakuthon in Montreal, Canada this August!

Like us on Facebook for news and updates!

The rules are pretty strict, but I'll comply.

you said a "Really Short" prolouge can be stuck with chapter 1, how short is "really short" because I've started writing a fic and the prologue is just over a page in MS word, should I post it alone or post it together with chaoter 1 when I finish it?

My first Fanfic: Pokemon Apocrypha

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast