Thread: So I heard you liek OU?

SkittyOnWailord is offline ☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣

Default So I heard you liek OU?

Remember, this is a real team, not a Shoddy team.

Jolteon@Petaya Berry
    Timid - Volt Abzorb
    252 SATK / 252 SPD / 4 HP

Thunderbolt
    Hidden Power (Ice Power 60)
    Substitute
    Baton Pass

My lead/spacial sweeper. It beats allot of commen leads. If needed sub until the berry activates then hit them even harder.

Gliscor@Leftovers
    Impish - Sand Veil
    252 HP / 252 DEF / 4 ATK

Stealth Rock
    Roost
    Earthquake
    Aerial Ace

Physicle wall. Standard moveset.

Tyranitar@Shuca Berry
    Adamant - Sand Stream
    252 ATK / 252 SPD / 4 HP

Dragon Dance
    Crunch
    Earthquake
    Taunt

Shiny Adamant DDing Ttar WTF? Physicle sweeper.

Garchomp@Salac Berry
    Jolly - Sand Veil
    252 ATK / 252 SPD / 4 HP

Swords Dance
    Dragon Claw
    Earthquake
    Fire Fang

Works with Ttar's Sand Stream. Standard moveset. Allot of moves seem to bring it down to low HP. It makes Salac Berry very usefull.

Blissey@Leftovers
    Bold - Natural Cure
    252 HP / 252 DEF / 4 SDEF

Sismic Toss
    Ice Beam
    Softboiled
    Aromatherapy

Special wall. Standard moveset.

Gengar@Wide Lens
    Timid - Levitate

Destiny Bond
    Shadow Ball
    Focus Blast
    Hypnosis

Put them to sleep, attack on the switch. Destiny Bond when needed.

I haven't looked to see if there are any real team weakneses. If there are any then tell me.
    Last edited by SkittyOnWailord; 6th May 2008 at 11:44 AM.
    なにがでるかな!?

I'm here, I'm furry, And I'll try not to shed. =^_^=

Chimecho👉🎐 Octillery👉🐙 Piplup👉🐧 Omanyte👉🐚 Scolipede👉🐛 Wailord👉🐳 Lumineon👉🐠 Torkoal👉🐢 Pidove👉🐤 Skitty👉🐱

~ Nitpick, but generally, you'll want to be slower than Metagross with Celebi. When U-Turning out, if you're slower, it means Pursuit only does half damage.

~ Everything seems to need to stat-up; on a predominantly offensive team, something that can just come out on a resist and smack stuff about is generally a good idea. Think Band/Specs, probably a Specs Gengar.

~ What is Celebi doing on this team? Short of chucking up the occasional Reflect and Seed, he's not doing much at all without Grass Knot to counter the threats he needs to. He seems to be massively set-up fodder at the moment.

~ Consider a few Sp.Def EV's on Garchomp; if you can EV him to survive a Starmie/Slowbro Ice Beam, then you're in the money for a late-game sweep.

Pokemon that may cause problems;

~ Weavile

~ SD Lucario

~ Infernape

~ Gyarados

~ Garchomp

~Anything that decides to stat up.

Potential fixes;

~ Out of these, the thing I can see making the biggest difference is Starmie. It counters arguably the three most dangerous threats on that list; Infernape, Garchomp and Gyarados. I'd stick that over Celebi if I were you.

~ From there, something bulky that can beat both Weavile and SD Lucario would be ideal. Weezing is the obvious option; being able to Haze as well, W-o-W them both to render them useless, etc. (Flamethrower, Haze, WoW, Pain Split) Losing Tyranitar would be the logical option here, as you've already got a late-game sweeper in Garchomp, who is also the only thing coming into Tyranitar without too much risk at the moment and your team doesn't like Sandstorm at all.

Otherwise, it's a pretty neat team Good job.
    Signatures bore me.

Well, it's ScarfHera weak, anyways.

Jolteon, when looking into common leads, where common refers to the top 10 leads on Shoddy...

Bronzong: SubPassing is a great idea, especially with that outrunning meaning that Hypnosis fails. Success.

Gengar: Quite a few gar run Scarf sets, so they shut down Jolty immediately, but for those who don't, expect Hypnosis anyways, so subbing is wiser. Fail to scarfed, Success to nonscarf.

Tyranitar: TTar has the guts to eat anything you toss and will likely set up while you sub, with that sand causing problems. Fail.

Gyarados: TBolt magnet, and yet after a DD you should be able to outrun him anyways. Success.

Salamence: See Gyarados, only replace TBolt with HP. However, one should try and off him immediately with HP. Success.

Hippowdon: Too damn slow to do anything, so you kill him with HP. Success.

Azelf: This is the threat number one: That speed he uses could force some problems, and what with the general frailty of Jolty, you're really better off subbing and passing rather than trying to kill with TBolt. Fail.

Yanmega: You outrun off the bat, but if it Protects for a free boost, you're in trouble as Hypnosis is coming next. Kill it off the bat if you can. Success if it tries for the kill, Fail if protecting.

Ninjask: You're slower, but so fragile is Ninjask that you really must hope that the foe lacks Electivire, else you get 6-0ed. Since most Ninjask defenses are pie, you should kill him if he's greedy. Success.

Swampert: Fail without a doubt. With no grass move, Swampy walks all over your lead, should the bulky thing lead. Aside from that, Jolteon is a good lead and opener.

---

Celebi using U-Turn with that turd Attack won't be killing much. You're best with something else over it, and Reflect is pretty much saving you should ScarfCross come in...which OHKOs Celebi anyways, BTW.

---

TTar would want Stone Edge over Taunt, even though DD lets him rape everything, but he's the second thing weak to Hera. Not bad, though.

---

Garchomp is blehstandard. Yache can fare ye better, especially if you see a CBMamo in your face which also takes no damage from Sand Stream.

---

Blissey is standard indeed, keep out of Hera's sights.

---

Gengar would be your answer to ScarfHera, I see. Bait a CC with Blissey then Hypnosis whoever comes in. Magnificent. However, watch out for Megahorn which might still defeat Gar. If Gengar falls, ScarfCross will run through your team.

So the final thoughts: Pretty nice team let down by a massive weakness to Heracross.

I reject your Nyancats and replace it with my own.
    FB

Ahem. Gengar is immune to CC, resists Megahorn 4x. Celebi can come in on anything bar Megahorn, set up a Reflect and a Seed, and U-Turn out. Scarfed Stone Edge at either of them is just asking for Chomp to come in, SD and sweep. Admittedly, you'll struggle to come in repeatedly on Megahorns.

If it can be outpredicted, then there isn't a weak. That is a rule appliccable to all Choiced Pokemon. If it was, everyone would be Garchomp weak, and everyone who didn't run Gliscor would be Hera weak, etc.
    Last edited by Bizziler; 5th May 2008 at 2:47 PM.
    Signatures bore me.

So the one thing stopping Heracross from owning this with Megahorn is Gengar, who is incredibly fragile, has Destiny Bond and is being played in a Sandstorm team?

gl with that ._.
    Comp has died, borrowing brother's to edit this, won't be on much if at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost Nova View Post
    YOU CANNOT GRASP THE TRUE FORM OF FROST NOVA'S EGO!
    Quote Originally Posted by S.Bustathedog View Post
    Anolator

Yeah, I just ran the calcs Coming in on Megahorns can be a problem, though Gengar can come in safely once. Though, if you do add Weezing as I suggested, he can take it on with relative ease.
    Signatures bore me.

So Jolteon is destined to be a suicidal lead? Subbing won't be very effective once you have a Sandstorm running.

I see Zapdos doing Jolt's job a lot better here, particularly the semi defensive set. You'll still be very Hera weak, but Zapdos does a better job individually.
    ;[

what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by SkittyOnWailord View Post
    Shiny Adamant DDing Ttar WTF? Phisicle sweeper.
    on the risk of being banned by saying this

physical*

^__^

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Music View Post
    I see Zapdos doing Jolt's job a lot better here, particularly the semi defensive set. You'll still be very Hera weak, but Zapdos does a better job individually.
    Zapdos' a fair counter.
    Last edited by Danbaru's; 5th May 2008 at 4:39 PM.

That's why I recommended the defensive variant, as Thunderwave + Roost nails Heracross good.

EDIT: If you go defensive, try the stalling variant. atm forgetting the EV spread, but the set goes something like

- Thunderbolt
    - Thunderwave
    - Roost
    - Sub / Toxic / HP Ice
    ;[

what happened.

Thunder Wave gives Hera Guts.

The only things capable of killing Hera outspeed it anyway.

Seems like a bad idea to me.

Also that SS is helping nothing except Chomp, a lot of non-SS teams work better with Tar than this one =/ take it out.
    Anolator

Seems like a bad idea to me.

Also that SS is helping nothing except Chomp, a lot of non-SS teams work better with Tar than this one =/ take it out.
    Anolator

Quote Originally Posted by Annhialator Zero View Post

T-Wave may give Hera Guts but apart from Sleep, it's the Status hera hates the most, since it will make him slow and cripple him as he may be fully paralysed. T-Wave actually is one of the reason why Zappy makes such a great Hera Counter (apart from having STAB on Flying (which most Zapdos don't even run)).

Even the lowest whisper can be heard over armies when it's telling the truth

Quote Originally Posted by runka View Post
    I think C21 has seriously gone crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerulean21 View Post
    T-Wave may give Hera Guts but apart from Sleep, it's the Status hera hates the most, since it will make him slow and cripple him as he may be fully paralysed. T-Wave actually is one of the reason why Zappy makes such a great Hera Counter (apart from having STAB on Flying (which most Zapdos don't even run)).
    I'm sorry, but what did you just say?

I think Lord Of Music's set would work,except replace T-wave with Drill Peck and Ta-da!(but a Stone Edge will do real heavy damage)
    [IMG]http://i26.*******.com/10neu7p.png[/IMG]
    Credit to mielad2 for Chariken!

Riversong made the userbar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yonowaru In Chaos
    ...and how the pokemon only faints and doesn't die from its stomach being 500m away from its lungs.

You only have 2 pokemon that resist the sandstorm on your team and the minimum should be atleast 3. Substitute looks a bit risky on Jolteon since the sandstorm is running and i think that choice specs gengar as a lead could improve your team a little bit. I see it hitting two common leads hard that your team is weak too. Just take Jolteon out as it's too weak in Sandstorm teams.

Skyward sword

Quote Originally Posted by Alzi View Post
    You only have 2 pokemon that resist the sandstorm on your team and the minimum should be atleast 3. Substitute looks a bit risky on Jolteon since the sandstorm is running and i think that choice specs gengar as a lead could improve your team a little bit. I see it hitting two common leads hard that your team is weak too. Just take Jolteon out as it's too weak in Sandstorm teams.

This is a common misunderstanding. You do not have to have at least three resists to SS. You could even go with just one, though it's not favourable.
    I had a Stall Team which has been really successful with not more than 2 SS immunities (one being Hippo himself), so having resists is not necessairy.

I agree with Jolty however.

You could replace Celebi with Gliscor, this would solve the Problem entirely as ScarfCross can't beat the flying Skorpion in a thousand years unless he lands two consecutive Critical Hits with Stone Edge. Something like:

Gliscor @ Lefties
    Impish
    252HP, 252 Def, 6 SpDef
    - Earthquake
    - Aerial Ace
    - Ice Fang / Stealth Rock
    - Roost

Now you got Hera covered and if you go with Ice Fang, Garchomp as well.

As for Jolty: You could switch it with CounterStar (Starmie with Surf/Ice Beam/Thunderbolt/Recover). This would add protection against Chomp, Gyarados and Infernape which can never go wrong. Starmie is a little slower, has a little bit less SpAtk, but it does an awful lot better in SandStorm thanks to Recover and not having to sub

Even the lowest whisper can be heard over armies when it's telling the truth

Quote Originally Posted by runka View Post

SkittyOnWailord is offline ☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣

Thanks for the help people. I've replaced Celebi with Gliscor. Now I just have to go breed for a good one.
    なにがでるかな!?

I'm here, I'm furry, And I'll try not to shed. =^_^=

Chimecho👉🎐 Octillery👉🐙 Piplup👉🐧 Omanyte👉🐚 Scolipede👉🐛 Wailord👉🐳 Lumineon👉🐠 Torkoal👉🐢 Pidove👉🐤 Skitty👉🐱

Consider Taunt on Gliscor to stop things like SDers, DDers, Baton Passers, Phazers, Stallers, Supporters, etc.
    ;[

what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerulean21 View Post
    This is a common misunderstanding. You do not have to have at least three resists to SS. You could even go with just one, though it's not favourable.
    I had a Stall Team which has been really successful with not more than 2 SS immunities (one being Hippo himself), so having resists is not necessairy.
    Thats true but i am thinking that your other pokemon didn't really mind the sandstorm here in this team Jolteon, Gengar, Celebi won't be liking it but since Celebi is replaced the teams are looking better now.
    Skyward sword

Quote Originally Posted by SkittyOnWailord View Post
    Remember, this is a real team, not a Shoddy team.

Jolteon@Petaya Berry
    Timid - Volt Abzorb

Thunderbolt
    Hidden Power (Ice Power 60)
    Substitute
    Baton Pass

My lead/spacial sweeper. It beats allot of commen leads. If needed sub until the berry activates then hit them even harder. Looks good.

Gliscor@Leftovers
    Impish - Sand Veil
    252 HP / 252 DEF / 4 ATK

Stealth Rock
    Roost
    Earthquake
    Aerial Ace

Physicle wall. Standard moveset. Also good.

Tyranitar@Shuca Berry
    Adamant - Sand Stream
    252 ATK / 252 SPD / 4 HP

Dragon Dance
    Crunch
    Earthquake
    Taunt/Stone Edge

Shiny Adamant DDing Ttar WTF? Physicle sweeper. I would put Stone Edge instead, so you get the STAB. It looks good.

Garchomp@Salac Berry
    Jolly - Sand Veil
    252 ATK / 252 SPD / 4 HP

Swords Dance
    Dragon Claw
    Earthquake
    Fire Blast/Fire Fang

Works with Ttar's Sand Stream. Standard moveset. Allot of moves seem to bring it down to low HP. It makes Salac Berry very usefull. Why Fire Fang? Fire Blast kills Skarmory. Or you can keep Fire Fang. Looks nice.

Blissey@Leftovers
    Bold - Natural Cure
    252 HP / 252 DEF / 4 SDEF

Sismic Toss
    Ice Beam/Thunder Wave
    Softboiled
    Aromatherapy

Special wall. Standard moveset. T-Wave lowers Speed by half. Ice Beam works too. Looks cool.

Gengar@Wide Lens
    Timid - Levitate

Destiny Bond
    Shadow Ball
    Focus Blast
    Hypnosis

Put them to sleep, attack on the switch. Destiny Bond when needed. Looks really nice.

I haven't looked to see if there are any real team weakneses. If there are any then tell me.
    My suggestions are in BOLD. Overall, your team looks really nice.
    Sorry guys. I'm might not come here anymore. Due to server lag.

Does it not bother you that the only member of the team that would welcome the Petaya boost would be Gengar?
    Not to mention the lack of Leftovers due to this seemingly poor choice of held item.

Now, you could be nifty and use a Baton Passing Gliscor. This way you'd be able pass to Gliscor, but maybe with a different berry on Jolteon, and then on to Tyranitar or Garchomp for a 5th/6th turn game winner.

Team is standard, but seems a little lacking in logic - like you've just assembled 6 random Pokémon and hoped for the best. Whatever.

Of the top 10 most popular leads...

Bronzong (13019 leads)

Most of the time they lack Earthquake. But even so, Gyro Ball will likely break a sub coming from near certain 150 + STAB base power. You come out on top anyway.

Gengar (12332 leads)

Scarfgar leads kill you with Hypnosis, and you likely won't OHKO them anyway. Just switch to Blissey.

Tyranitar (9607 leads)

You won't do anything to it.

Gyarados (8979 leads)

You win.

Salamence (6239 leads)

Assuming HP Ice 60 OHKOs, you should have no problems.

Hippowdon (6169 leads)

HP Ice 3HKOs, and after a Petaya Berry boost it only 2HKOs. Hippowdon wins.

Azelf (6042 leads)

Chances are you 2HKO each other. You have Blissey regardless, because scarf Azelf leads beat you and specs Azelf leads OHKo you.

Yanmega (5606 leads)

Make sure you sub the first turn, to block Hypnosis or at least get use of a Protect turn. If it decides to attack, you have Blissey to stop it. If it doesn't have speed boost, just kill it (some run choice Specs and Tinted Lenses instead of Speed Boost.)

Ninjask (5509 leads)

It will pass nothing but speed.

Swampert (4957 leads)

Swampert will just EQ until you die, or set up Stealth Rocks and Roar you out.

Swords Dance Weavile 6-0s your team if it gets off a Swords Dance. Swords Dance mixed Lucario does that too. Infernape, Garchomp, and Gyarados weak too. Starmie over Gengar to try and fix the previous three pokemon weaknesses.

Bulky Gyarados, preferably Rest / Sleep Talk / Waterfall / Earthquake could go over Jolteon, since its generally a better pokemon. It would counter Weavile and Lucario for you. Life Orb could work for an item, and you might want enough Attack EVs to 2HKO Blissey.

Originally Posted by Blue Harvest
    Salamence (6239 leads)

Assuming HP Ice 60 OHKOs, you should have no problems.
    An incorrect assumption. It only has a slight chance at OHKO'ing, and DD Mence outspeeds and destroys. I would get a new Jolteon, because that one honestly sucks.

I would put Stone Edge over Taunt on Tyranitar. Change his nature to Jolly- even though it is shiny (which is apparently all good and coveted over here >.<), outspeeding Gyarados and replying with a Stone Edge is just too good. By the way, Shuca Berry is the Ground resist berry.

On Garchomp, Fire Blast is better than Fire Fang, even though Swords Dance boosts it. You may want to consider Substitute on Garchomp with the Salac Berry. It would protect from status and allow the Sand Veil to work to your advantage while activating Salac Berry easily. Of course, then you would drop Fire Fang/Blast. Magnezone is needed then to trap those pesky steels. Since Jolteon does a similar job, it can go over him.

Magnezone@Leftovers/Shuca Berry
    Modest
    248 Hp, 152 Sp. Atk, 108 Spd
    -Thunderbolt
    -HP Ice
    -Magnet Rise
    -Sub/Thunderwave/Metal Sound

Basically, this can be your Dragon resist, an important asset considering the amount of Outraging Garchomps. This ev set has enough special attack to OHKO Dragons and Gliscor with HP Ice all the time, enough speed to outspeed 24 Spd Skarmory and the max speed Wobbs, and the rest in HP.

This team looks like it was half-assed. I'm still new to Serebii so I don't know if this is just a satirical interpretation of the current RMT's. Either way, there is a lot of work on weaknesses that needs to be done.