Thread: Bank Holiday Special COTD

Default Bank Holiday Special COTD

I forget......

Picked 3 brilliant cards I used from the SNP.

Cup of Ace
    Spell Card
    Toss a coin:
    • Heads: Draw 2 cards
    • Tails: Your opponent draws 2 cards.

Brilliant with Second Coin Toss. Essentially becomes Pot of Greed. The other side could be used for milling....I geuss.

Adv: 3/5 (It COULD work)
    Trad: 2/5

Art: 2/5 Meh.

Golden Ladybug
    LIGHT
    [Insect/Effect]
    Once per turn, during your Standby Phase, you can reveal this card in your hand to your opponent, and increase your Life Points by 500. When this effect was used, this card in your hand remains revealed until the End Phase.
    [0/0]

The one thing UDE down in rareness. A beast of a card. With Fire Princess, this card is beastly, and since there's not much hand destruction in this format, this card is brilliant.

Adv:4/5 ( Burn)
    Trad: 2/5

Art: 4/5

Unifrog
    WATER
    [Aqua/Effect]
    This card can attack your opponent directly. When this card successfully attacks directly, if you control a "Frog" monster (other than "Unifrog" or "Frog the Jam"), you can destroy 1 Spell or Trap Card your opponent controls.
    [400/400]

This card is a key in Low Level Frogs. Combine it with LLA or GB, and Wetlands and it becomes one brilliant card. But it's such a better name than Leapfrog [/sarcasm]

Adv:5/5 (in its own deck) 1/5 (elsewhere)
    Trad: See above

Art:5/5

Cup of Ace is Ok I guess. I don't see it getting too much play if I'm honest as there are more consistent draw cards out there (Allure, D Draw, Trade In and now Solar Recharge) but with second coin toss, and perhaps even chained with Lucky Chance, it could have potential (3 cards at once would be nice!)

I agree with your opinion of golden ladybug; it is a great asset to lifegain burn and definitely speeds up the process.

I also love unifrog. I'm tempted to make a weeny frog deck, just because of all the new support. I love the froggy forcefield! Mirror force for frogs woo!

LC is only for use with Effect monsters....

Golden Ladybug rocks ^^

I gonna try and get three! *puts them on trading list*

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by cybermew View Post
    LC is only for use with Effect monsters....
    Ah yes, your right. My Bad

All three are absolutely horrid.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuetral_RF View Post
    All three are absolutely horrid.
    Oh look, its Sir Negative. The one we all LOVE! Instead of looking upon cards with some kind of.....chance for them, you clasify any card who's initials aren't DAD as horrid. You're the kind of player who's thrown the game into tormoil. Just......we have a community here, and you're not contirubting. One more post like that, and I will report you.

Quote Originally Posted by cybermew View Post
    Oh look, its Sir Negative. The one we all LOVE! Instead of looking upon cards with some kind of.....chance for them, you clasify any card who's initials aren't DAD as horrid. You're the kind of player who's thrown the game into tormoil. Just......we have a community here, and you're not contirubting. One more post like that, and I will report you.
    Lolwow. Everyone else posts the same thing, but in a positive tone. Saying "This card rocks" isn't any different from saying "This card sucks." And I'm the type of player that has thrown this game into turmoil? I'm guessing you mean that I will play the best tier 1 decks isn't of unplayable trash like frogs, life gain, or luck based cards. Yes, I like winning, and I like being good at the game; there is no problem with that. Please grow up, it's people like you who make better players dislike those who aren't as good. They refuse to get better and realize most cards don't have a shred of playability.

I really shouldn't need to explain why the cards are bad, but since you insist...

Cup of Ace
    Spell Card
    Toss a coin:

* Heads: Draw 2 cards
    * Tails: Your opponent draws 2 cards.
    First problem, the card is luck based. 50% of the time, the card is a -3, while the other 50% it's only a +1. Using second Coin Toss, an extremely situational combo, makes it a 2 for 2 if it works, yet there is still a 25% chance of becoming a -4.

Golden Ladybug
    LIGHT
    [Insect/Effect]
    Once per turn, during your Standby Phase, you can reveal this card in your hand to your opponent, and increase your Life Points by 500. When this effect was used, this card in your hand remains revealed until the End Phase.
    [0/0]
    500 Life Points means nothing, in any meta. Life point gain has never worked in Yugioh, and most likely never will. The fact that it activates in the Standby phase makes it even worse. You can't draw into it and use its effect on the same turn. This makes Fire Princess, a bad combo to begin with, even slower, as she needs to survive a turn to burn a measely 500 LP.

Unifrog
    WATER
    [Aqua/Effect]
    This card can attack your opponent directly. When this card successfully attacks directly, if you control a "Frog" monster (other than "Unifrog" or "Frog the Jam"), you can destroy 1 Spell or Trap Card your opponent controls.
    [400/400]
    Conceptually, this card doesn't seem horrible. However, all other frogs are quite bad, this card only has 400 Atk Points, and the S/T effect is theoretically useless. In this meta, almost all traps are chainable. In another, Sakuretsu or Dimension Prison will see play, and will just kill Unifrog anyways.

I kind of agree with Nuetral, Ladybug isn't that good, but I still like it

Also the point about "him being wants wrong with the game" isn't cogent, and really mean...

His opinion is noted, so is cybermew's, but don't be arrogant about it.

Default An Apology to Neutral

Quote Originally Posted by Raiburuto View Post
    I kind of agree with Nuetral, Ladybug isn't that good, but I still like it

Also the point about "him being wants wrong with the game" isn't cogent, and really mean...

His opinion is noted, so is cybermew's, but don't be arrogant about it.
    Sorry you guys, I had a bad day yesterday.....I was mean. Sorry Nuetral, I was just very annoyed at that point. Stress and school and all. I'm sorry if I offended you, I can be like that sometimes. Its just I prefered your post that explained WHAT was wrong, other than just saying 'These cards are terrible'.

Once again, sorry.