Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Marvel Comics Fans

Default Marvel Comics Fans

If there are any 'true believers' out there, then this is the place for you. This is where we can discuss our favorite superheroes and characters from the Marvel universe including the movies, television shows, and of course the comics.
    Rules are simple.
    1. follow all SPPF forum rules.
    2. to join tell us your 1st and 2nd favorite Marvel superheroes. Remember this not DC comic, so no batman, superman, etc.
    3. Please post often. We may have more fun that way.

Also, I encourage any good ideas to make the club better.

Members List:
    1. Crobatman ~ Owner
    2. latios reborn ~Co-owner
    3. Shigeru-kun
    4. Darkmaster Rannon
    5. Mew-the original
    6. Santa Claus 11
    7. MondoTR
    8. Elrade
    9. Dragodynamite
    10. Leomon
    11. Khamul

Edit:
    Look, we have some banners!

This is mine, but I don't care about giving me credit.
    ~ Khamul
    ~ Dragodynamite

I have not been a hardcore reader of the comics, so some of you will have to forgive me for that. However, Spiderman has been my all time favorite even before I knew what a pikachu was. So, Spiderman is my favorite, and after that is Deadpool. I have only read some his comics on-line, and they are hillarious.
    Last edited by crobatman; 29th May 2008 at 3:34 AM.
    About to do an X Scramble Challenge!!!
    Let me know if you would like to trade or battle!
    3DS Friend Code: 1779-0043-7163
    Name on 3DS: BT

*MUST JOIN!*

My first and foremost favorite is definitely Wade (Deadpool). I own a large amount of his comics and even got a girl to comission a plushie of him for me. X3 Sure he's rough around the edges...but he's got a good heart. Where as most heroes can just go out and save people and things always go great for them, eh, Wade ain't so lucky.

So many times he's tried to give up his old ways, but somebody always forces him back into them. Kind of reminds me of Vash from Trigun. Wants to keep from killing people, but somehow somebody will force him to do what he doesn't want to. It's really sad since you can tell there's a good guy in there...

I also love his humor. I'm someone who thanks God very much for their life and tries to enjoy it, and hey! Laughing your way through it is the best way to go. Very healthy for you too. Course...technically for Wade that's a lost cause considering his condition, but he definitely doesn't seem to care. XD

Second? Hmm...gotta go with Eddie. Technically labeled as a villian most of the time, but again, he's someone who does have a good heart. Took him some time to forgive Peter, but otherwise you really feel for him.

Ticked me off when Marko was made out to be the sympathy wagon in the movie and Eddie was made out to be totally insane. He didn't pray to God to kill spider-man, he was asking forgiveness for trying to kill himself. >>+ Blah.

I also really love watching him play hero. He can be rather..."out there" and people are scared to death of how he looks. XD It just doesn't work well.
    || The stars rule men, but God rules the stars. ||

OWNER OF THE CHRISTIAN ALLIANCE
    Cartoon Bish; Soundwave

Yay! you're the first member.

I love deadpool. I have him as my background on my computer. he is talking about the little yellow boxes. My favorite comic so far is with him and the mini-Rhino.

I am right now researching the Civil War. It is very interesting. I am thinking about buying the comics.

Spider-man is by far my favorite Superhero, who couldn't love the guy? I mean shoots webs, climbs walls and even has stingers (The Other saga) and so much awesomeness. Then revealing his identity because Iron Man goaded him into it.

Then their's the second on; Stripperella.
    I'm kidding, just had to say that.

It's really Wolverine, because he is so bad-*** and awesome. Who couldn't love someone from Weapon X, who's been cloned 23 or so times (female clone, still is a WTF? moment...) and has indestructable claws!

Anyway, in the Iron Man movie, I have a hunch that the guy who has his old suit is Crimson Dynamo, and if I remember correctly from the comics, the movies plane out ****ed up again. Just like in Spider-man with venom, spidy's web shooting powers and killing off every single villian.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    Well if you can get rid of Tyranitar, Rotom W, Scizor, Ferrothorn, Specs Politoed, Heatran, Jirachi, Skarmory, Excadrill, Thundurus, Reuniclus, Gengar, Taunt Gyarados, Deoxys, Volcarona, Forretress, Latias, Hydreigon, Scrafty, Metagross, Chandelure, Toxic, Sandstorm, Hail, Rain, Sun boosted Fire Blasts, Taunt, any offensive Pokemon with Lum Berry, stall and all skilled players then Cresselia is decent in OU.
    Pokédex: 718

I'd like to join so..

Ultimate Spider-man is one of my favourites now days as I didn't like "one more day" at all I hated that story line and stopped reading Amazing spider-man now.

Second is Logan (wolverine) which I just started reading.

I'm also waiting for the final battle of the Civil war to arrive so I can finally read that as I actually don't know what happened.

Back on Ultimate spidey I have all but 4 of the story lines up to death of a goblin (which is actually a good story) in trade paper back.
    I'm back and with a 3DS friend code if you want to add me: 5026 4445 5102

alright! I'll update the members list.
    It seems Spiderman, Deadpool, and Wolverine are top faves so far.

About the Iron Man movie, I was thinking the one guy that was the leader of the Ten Rings gang would be Mandarin in a future movie.
    Last edited by crobatman; 7th May 2008 at 1:40 AM.

My favorite Marvel Characters are Ironman and the Human Torch!

Need a Co-owner?
    Last edited by mew-the original; 7th May 2008 at 1:56 AM.

I'm actually reading up on Iron man as he is one Marvel person I know bugger all about.

I think that they should also do 3 movies on the civil war, mainly as I think it would be cool seeing all the heroes go at it.

Movies on the Civil-War would be cool, but I bet it would have to be a cartoon version.
    Live-action, would cost to much or something like that...

Mew-the original, you are in.

I probably will need some co-owners later, when we get some more members.

Probably but live action would be great.

Cartoon wouldn't be so bad though I guess as some of the marvel stuff I've seen isn't bad.

I think it could be like the Ultimate Avengers movies. Maybe an Ultimate version of the civil war?

Now, i am watching old X-men episodes in the dark phoenix saga. It makes me dislike the X-men 3 even more.

I think X3 was the better movie (well I liked it)

speaking of the ultimate universe..

Spoiler:

so that could be a possibility for an Ultimate avengers movie or something..

I'm joinig. Iron Man was my fav movie. He kicks butt!

Ororo Munroe is not only my fave X-Man and Marvel character but my favorite superhuman/hero ever. That's Storm for those who don't know all the names. There's two reasons she's my fave:

1. I love powers with multiple abilities. She controls the weather which allows her to manipulate water, wind, ice, heat, etc.

2. A realistic weakness is definitely a plus. And her severe claustrophobia is definitely realistic.

^ I think it's my fave movie as well. I'm not as into Iron Man as most other Marvel heroes but that movie was so freakin awesome it surpassed all the others.
    Last edited by MondoTR; 7th May 2008 at 3:38 AM.

I liked the Xmen 3 movie, but I did not like Jean/Dark Pheonix as much. I think Iron Man and X-men 2 are my favorites.

Adding new members, but Santa Claus 11 and MondoTR need tell us their 2nd favorite characters also.

new topic:
    Has anyone played Marvel Ultimate Alliance?
    My brother and I play it all the time with a variety of heroes.
    Last edited by crobatman; 7th May 2008 at 3:06 AM.

Yeah it's pretty cool. If you get it on the 360 you can get lots of kewl stuff like the villians pack.O h and my second Fave is Spiderman.

I didn't mention a second fave since I don't have a permanent one. It keeps switching. Two main ones though would be Dr. Hank McCoy (Beast) and Dr. Curt Connors (Lizard).

I haven't played it yet but since my brother has it I will eventually.
    Last edited by MondoTR; 7th May 2008 at 3:37 AM.

No havent even looked twice at it mainly as it didn't get the best reviews and not really into those type of games much.

I am on the other hand still playing Ultimate spider-man trying to unlock the black suit.

I shall join this here club. Why? Because I am a Marvel fan. I have been since 1990. Was a good time back then. Marvel now though, I have problems with. One More Day being on top of the list. but, The Secret Invasion story's great so far. Just hope THAT makes more sense than Peter Parker selling his soul to Mephisto to make it so MJ and him aren't married.

With that said, my favorite character is and always has been Spidey. Why? Because he's the every man in tights. He's a wiseass and most importantly, he's the embodiment of the humanized superhero. gotta love Stan's creation!

LX
    Last edited by Ledian_X; 7th May 2008 at 3:48 AM.
    I am the author of the webcomic, Starbolts and host of the comic review show, Comic Showcase. Please check out the action here: http://starbolts.blogspot.com

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/cferra1227

With one more day or as it's now called brand new day, I hope that they eventually remember...

and has the secret invasion already started??

Indeed it has and several heroes have been revealed as Skrulls. That and Nick Fury's back and ready to kick ***.

LX
    I am the author of the webcomic, Starbolts and host of the comic review show, Comic Showcase. Please check out the action here: http://starbolts.blogspot.com

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/cferra1227

Oh well I guess better go off to the comic place and see what's comming and when.. So Fury dissappeared in the "normal" marvel universe also? I knew he went in the Ultimate universe.

So, what is the best place to get comics from? Is there a website that has good deals?

^ Personally I just go with ebay. There isn't a comics shop nearby and you can get pretty much anything there...just need to check people's track records.

As for BND...ugh. Would comment, but is there really anything you can say? I mean, it's like the whole purpose behind it was to tick fans off. The only "fun" behind it is waiting for what people say when new info is released.

Also the creativity behind anti-venom just stuns me...
    || The stars rule men, but God rules the stars. ||

OWNER OF THE CHRISTIAN ALLIANCE
    Cartoon Bish; Soundwave

I was told about never did see though fans reactions to OMD and BND by burning it and well doing other stuff.

wouldn't amazon be a place to get stuff online?

as for me i just go to the shop and get them to order it for me.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast