Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Staging A Heroes Welcome (545)

Quote Originally Posted by mew-the original View Post
    Thank you! Someone with some taste! Dawn's appeal was bland. What was the point of swift? It wasn't needed.
    It was just to utilize the water in some way. Considering how most of the field is water, using just the land portion is not effective as an appeal. Using the water would add more points to the appeal.

She should of tried to get Ambipom to surf on a giant star. That would have been better.
    I disagree. There was nothing wrong with numerous waterfalls being shot out as a result of an attack.

Sushi Bunny is offline ハチミツをたべてる フっフっフっ

Quote Originally Posted by TeddiUrsa View Post
    And again: Am I the only one who recognized the Cardcaptor characters?
    When I watched the episode I made sure to look out for that. You're not the only one. They really looked like them! Sakura and Tomoyo were visiting the Pokemon world.

thanks for pointing that out! ^_^

I thought this episode was pretty good. I loved Hikari and Pochama in it, and seeing Shinji watching Ash's appeal seemed really funny. (but why is it that it seems so funny?!)

L o v eC o m

There was another cameo in this episode, but it was really hard to spot (don't think anyone else has mentioned it yet).

It's the Otaku's from the Maid Cafe episode, and a "Marina" cameo in a way. :P

Never noticed that...

Well, Ash= pwn.

I did notice the CCS people. I knew someone was going to point it out. >>
    beep boop

Quote Originally Posted by sCiZoR_2006 View Post
    Yeah it was Ecruteak city. It felt real good to see jhoto in the anime again...i mean, it's been what...5...6 years now?

And, wasn't this the place where ash and co. were with the eevee sisters?
    It sure was, and I actually just uploaded that episode on Youtube the other day.

Personally, I still have yet to watch it, but I sure plan on. Wow, I really feel like I'm missing out. Well, I guess I'll just have to pull out some initiative to watch this.

But, eh for the mean time, links removed In case anyone is interested. Oh, and that is my account btw...

edit: I just realized how great Johto looks with a good DP touch up. What a difference 5 years'll make.

~C_L~
    Last edited by Encyclopika; 14th May 2008 at 4:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by uber gon View Post
    Heh, I am simply AMAZED that Harley WASN'T doing ANYTHING "bad".
    Harley gotten the idea now,he want to beat May by strength to proof this.He done it in the octillery episode.No point for him to be bad anymore.But still has the charateristic=]
    Pokemon Magic
    Always NearBY

Latios<>Latias

Quote Originally Posted by Korobooshi Kojiro View Post
    There was another cameo in this episode, but it was really hard to spot (don't think anyone else has mentioned it yet).

It's the Otaku's from the Maid Cafe episode, and a "Marina" cameo in a way. :P
    Wow, that's awesome. I wasn't able to catch that indeed.

I'm glad Zoey is over her contest/gym issue...

Is there anyone that could translate? Particularly the comments on the appeals?

Much better on appeals this time, Dawn, much better!

I find it interesting that Ash always does great on contest appeals but flubs in the battle round, whereas Dawn is great in the battle round but has trouble with appeals.

What exactly was Ambipom doing during the first part of her appeal? Was she hitting the hearts with her tails? I couldn't clearly tell.

~PM Me if you want to trade or WiFi Battle!~
    Proud to have Nicknamed All My Pokemon Since Crystal Version
    I don't EV train, I don't breed my way to perfection, I don't use cheating devices to play the game for me and I don't spend ages hunting pokemon for battling online. If you agree then C+P this to your signature. (Started by Tyranitar)

Quote Originally Posted by Rosakai View Post
    Much better on appeals this time, Dawn, much better!

I find it interesting that Ash always does great on contest appeals but flubs in the battle round, whereas Dawn is great in the battle round but has trouble with appeals.

What exactly was Ambipom doing during the first part of her appeal? Was she hitting the hearts with her tails? I couldn't clearly tell.
    Looked like she was doing some sort of dance routine or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by mew-the original View Post
    I'm glad Zoey is over her contest/gym issue...
    Maybe we'll see LESS of Zoey bashing on this thread. Not likely, but who knows.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by uber gon
    Maybe we'll see LESS of Zoey bashing on this thread. Not likely, but who knows.
    She had a Battle/gym issue? Really? I thought that was Nando...

Umm....Nando is doing both...so why would he have an issue?
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

What did May say when Croagunk poison jabbed Brock? And what did Paul say after waching Buizel's appeal?
    Coming up soon~ Or maybe never.

Quote Originally Posted by RegalStar View Post
    What did May say when Croagunk poison jabbed Brock? And what did Paul say after waching Buizel's appeal?
    lol i dont know that much Japanese but i have a feeling he said "Pathetic" lol im kidding

Well at least Buizel beat ONE opponent while under Ash's care. Of course, a Kecleon isn't that much to talk about.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by RegalStar View Post
    What did May say when Croagunk poison jabbed Brock?
    She said that Brock hasn't changed a bit (not a direct translation, it's along the lines of that).

bleh, I kinda hate that we only got to see Haruka's Fushigibana and Eneko in still montages (considering that one, her Fushigibana is a recently-evolved Pokemon, and two, both Fushigidane and Eneko were completely shafted in Battle Frontier). Otherwise, I do find her Kameil to be a major improvement from what it was before. Its voice wasn't annoying neither, so it was just the kind of clean slate I wanted. ^^

Oh, and I call WTF on the Mimirol vs. Whaleko fight. Where the hell do these guys get off making up some bullcrap rule that Hidden Power homes in on its target? It's enough to have Mimirol dodge the thing (especially when, in the games, this is one of many attacks with 100% accuracy, but it happens a lot in the anime, so no major complaints there), but having her bounce towards the opponent and have the attack hit its own user is kinda overkill. It would make sense if it were one of those never-miss attacks from the games (though, not many of those are projectiles), or Lock-on (in fact, Jukain running towards Regirock with a Locked-on Hyper Beam on his tail is exactly how I would've pictured him winning the rematch he never got), but Hidden Power? That just seems a bit ridiculous.

Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

I translate for #Pocketmonsters (just because I know Japanese does not make me Japanese, stop PMing me).

I would really compare those three. Glaceon was really the only pokémon of May's that got plenty of screen time, a shame since we barely got an Blaziken action at the end of AG or in DP076, and that she has a lot of team changes.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

May is getting to be even more awesomer! I love her outfit! It's adorable! Anyways....
    Venasaur looks so awesome. Can't believe it evolved before Ash's did.

Talking

May is getting to be even more awesomer! I love her outfit! It's adorable! Anyways....
    Venasaur looks so awesome. Can't believe it evolved before Ash's did.

Where did Ash get the outfit? Or did it just appear?

Quote Originally Posted by Thriller View Post
    It really shows how much May has grown as a trainer. Remember the "Kinoko/Hinoko" incident? We all thought her Torchic would never evolve because she liked all the cuties? Now just look at all the ugly brutes she has!

hmmmm
    maybe since mays torchic evolved
    right before they got to fortree,
    dawns piplup might evolve by the time
    they reach canalave,
    and then they'll meet up with kenney,
    and his prinplup will be an empoleon
    i give up.
    goodbye.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast