Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Pruning a Passel of Pals!! (546)

funny how ash saw sneaking the girls' sleepover, i liked the when pikachu and ash were talking and azelf apeared very cool and the picture looked really good too can't wait to see how this tournament will turn out.
    I'm Back!!!
    FC is 4656 6891 6580

Quote Originally Posted by Vavavoom View Post
    ... No, it's not. One girl sleeps beside another girl in that case. >>
    True, but people here would think it rather "kinky".
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    Not really from Staravia, but Chimchar did hit it with a Flame Wheel which left a mark.

You can't really use that battle to justify Buizel's strength either, it was clearly obvious that if buizel hadn't learned Water pulse out of it's arse, or had it's ability conviently kick in from the rain it would've lost to Lucario without tieing, but the fact it was only able to tie with both those factors is also rediculious as well because it shows how weak it is overall.

Until it beats something in a drawn out battle by itself it will be weak and useless, sure it likes to battle, but what's the point of doing so when you can't win at all?
    That's not a very fair thing to say at all. Who cares if the battle is drawn out? It's the strength of the opponent that matters. Staravia and Chimchar haven't defeated opponents who were stronger than Lucario. Turtwig's arguably stronger than Chimchar if one bases it on the types of opponents they've fought. Buizel is more likely than not stronger than the lot of them, but at the same time, has been put against Pokemon that are more experienced. I'd say a loss against a strong Pokemon is better than a win against a weak one.

Anyways, as for the episode itself, Buizel did better than I thought he'd do. Reading an episode before it happens is sometimes a bad thing. It's a shame Ash lost, but I'd rather it be to some other guy than Dawn. That guy was annoying, though.

Azelf episode was nice, though.
    Last edited by Bliksem; 10th May 2008 at 2:42 AM.

OMG, Venasaur already!? Ash and Brock have only been away from her for a year or so, how much training can she put in that short time!?
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

Quote Originally Posted by KickAsh View Post
    Guess what Gallade did last night? I don't know. Maybe he was at the bar, having a few drinks with his bros because even though he is so awesome he is also agreeable and a normal guy, just like you and me. Maybe he was with a woman. Maybe he was drag racing HORSES, which is a sport he invented. You know what else Gallade invented? The lightbulb.
    AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

I was disappointed with Venasaur only getting a cameo, same with Skitty...

I hated the fact that they made most of the battles so short. It escapes me why the writers will only have up to three episodes for a tournament...

why did ash have to lose to someone so lame looking?

of all the people geez....

a lanturn dosen't help him much either, ick.

if the writers are gonna make buizel lose to someone again make him lose against someone with at least some good fashion sense.

other than that though the writers need to get over this paranoia of making buizel look too strong, because it's getting really annoying.

NO MORE LOSSES FOR MY FAVORITE OTTER DAMN IT!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Somorio View Post
    why did ash have to lose to someone so lame looking?

of all the people geez....

a lanturn dosen't help him much either, ick.

if the writers are gonna make buizel lose to someone again make him lose against someone with at least some good fashion sense.

other than that though the writers need to get over this paranoia of making buizel look too strong, because it's getting really annoying.

NO MORE LOSSES FOR MY FAVORITE OTTER DAMN IT!!!
    To be fair I think Ash would of won if it was not a contest battle. As like the last one he was in, he was doing great in battle but lost on style. Same happened here when he lost right in the last few secs when Lanturn made Buizels Water Pulse exsplode.
    Ash just can't do contest battles.

However atleast Buizel got atleast one win vs a Kecleon! lol

I was happy buneary got a great little battle vs the WHALE (which i was also happy 2 see). That Bunny is getting rather strong in battles. However I think its time for a new move or two! Maybe 'Return' or 'sky uppercut'?
    Team Shut-down
    Pokemon X Friend Code: 4270-1529-9156. Please feel free to add me for Battles, Trades and Friend Safari (Dark Type: Pawniard, Sandile & Inkay).
    STOP SENDING ME FROAKIE VIA WONDER TRADE!

Seriously this Episode got the highest rating since the 1st Dp episode
    with a 9.4 Ratings in Japan by views,and 30.000 views in one day on youtube.
    ANyone can translate what zoey said about those pokemons.
    Pokemon Magic
    Always NearBY

Latios<>Latias

The highlight of this episode was - of course - when Buizel used his Aqua Jet against that Ice beam, while simultaneously having the bgm Last Battle!! from movie 6 playing. Totally awesome.

Really good for a Kinoshita episode. Let's see what Shimura can wrap up next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnoh Champion View Post
    OMG, Venasaur already!? Ash and Brock have only been away from her for a year or so, how much training can she put in that short time!?
    Lets not put real time into this. May most likely spent all the time she would have spent watching Ash's Gym battles training her Pokemon. May is the first main character to leave on her own journey, seeing this kind of progress is new but I'm sure if Dawn doesn't stick around for the 5th generation when we see her Pokemon again there will be similar changes.

I'm not going to read through all of the pages, I'm just going to say it: Ash looks like Inspector Gadget when he's wearing his contest outfit. Wowzers!

^Wow, okay.

Anyways.... I can't wait to see all of the Wallace Cup EPs. Contests simply attract me and I wish there were a lot more of them. Hehe, Ash lost. I love seeing Ash fail at things he's not supposed to be in. Don't get me wrong, I think Ash is awesome, but he sometimes gets on my nerves thinking he can do it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaiash View Post
    Lets not put real time into this. May most likely spent all the time she would have spent watching Ash's Gym battles training her Pokemon. May is the first main character to leave on her own journey, seeing this kind of progress is new but I'm sure if Dawn doesn't stick around for the 5th generation when we see her Pokemon again there will be similar changes.
    I guess you're right. But I mean, two evolve three pokemon (Bulbasaur twice and Squirtle once) in such a short time, it must've meant May did nothing but training.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

Quote Originally Posted by KickAsh View Post
    Guess what Gallade did last night? I don't know. Maybe he was at the bar, having a few drinks with his bros because even though he is so awesome he is also agreeable and a normal guy, just like you and me. Maybe he was with a woman. Maybe he was drag racing HORSES, which is a sport he invented. You know what else Gallade invented? The lightbulb.
    AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

Default Abilities and Stabbed Moves

i was wondering if let say a Pokemon has the ability technician and has a move that has its attack pover increased by technician and it is a stabed move does the move benefit from both or just one. if it revives a boost from both which gets applied first? thank yo for you time.

this looks like it going to be a good episode yeah go piplup

Loving You Is Cherry Pie, Cause You Know That Baby I,
    Im Your Biggest Fan,
    I'll Follow You Until You Love Me.

Etc.
    Credit: Banner-Skiyomi
    Claimed Song:
    LoveGame-Lady Gaga

cool zoey's from snowpoint!!
    man i wanted to hear about may's johto jurney...DARN YOU ASH WHY'D YOU FALL OFF THE BED?! WE ALL KNOW YOU WEER DREAMING ABOUT SOME GIANT COOKIE!!
    you know something...during that first battle with dawn, I found it very odd that wailmer's eyes got all big and blue when it did surf. that scared me...a lot...
    if thats how a pokemon uses surf these days, then i don't want ludicolo here
    AWESOME EPPIE SO FAR!! ^^

May's Venusaur is amazing! <3

Quote Originally Posted by Slowking[George] View Post
    May's Venusaur is amazing! <3
    Yeah!! but venosaur only had like 5 seconds of screen time...MORE SCREEN VENOSAUR MORE!! ^^

Hey guys! at the end of the episode, did u realize the music was from SUPER SMASH BRO. MELEE??? it sounded so much like pokemon stadium O.o

I'll be looking forward on what will happen next on the battle between Crawdant and Piplup. Hopefully, someone here should make a Giant Enemy Crab reference in this battle.

So, more-loyal-than-I dub viewers, enlighten us Japanoholics - what was Kaito's dub name?
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

They named him Kyle. Was it revealed in the original version at some point that Zoey is from Snowpoint City? I forgot.
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

Kyle rhymes with bile, which in turn rhymes with vile, all of which rhymes with pedophile, which refers to Conway.
    So there you have it. Kaito is actually Conway. Make sense to the lowest common denominator, now?

And yes, Zoey was referred to as being from Kissaki/Snowpoint in the raw.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

I missed that then. Mostly because I could never keep the Japanese names of the cities down for some reason...though I did know Zui town (it's a short name).
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

This episode was much more better then the previous one. Although this episode seemed short to me. The only main focus was May and Ash. Everybody else was just a 5 sec battle view. I wish they made more into this.

Seeing that Ash was surprised seeing a Legendary in the Lake was no surprise to me. Ash been with many Legendarys and hes never reacted like this before...

As for the battle, I was more interested in Ash and Buizel in this one. Especially Buizel. Nice way of Ice Aqua Jet. I "oohh" at that part. But it was a bummer to see that he still lost. Ah well, he wasnt meant to compete in contests... to bad Paul didnt say anything in this episode.

At least that battles and styles are getting better and better every round.

8/10

Bring in the Finals!
    [IMG]http://i50.*******.com/jb1rmh.jpg[/IMG]
    I claimed Ponyta

I customized these

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast