Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Pruning a Passel of Pals!! (546)

well not really Lucario didn't take that much damage did it?
    And well Buizel hasn't really bettled that much since it was caught.
    I'm back and with a 3DS friend code if you want to add me: 5026 4445 5102

Quote Originally Posted by latios reborn View Post
    well not really Lucario didn't take that much damage did it?
    And well Buizel hasn't really bettled that much since it was caught.
    Not really from Staravia, but Chimchar did hit it with a Flame Wheel which left a mark.

You can't really use that battle to justify Buizel's strength either, it was clearly obvious that if buizel hadn't learned Water pulse out of it's arse, or had it's ability conviently kick in from the rain it would've lost to Lucario without tieing, but the fact it was only able to tie with both those factors is also rediculious as well because it shows how weak it is overall.

Until it beats something in a drawn out battle by itself it will be weak and useless, sure it likes to battle, but what's the point of doing so when you can't win at all?

To get better and stronger then eventually evolve
    I'm back and with a 3DS friend code if you want to add me: 5026 4445 5102

Evolution comes when the writers want it, not when we want it, and no matter how worthy a pokemon may be or how hard it trains it's always up to them who goes and when they go, Starly and Snorunt sure didn't get any stronger before they went for it for example.

Just because Buizel fights hard doesn't mean crud to me,wins are everything in this show and if it can't win at least once agianst a worthy opponent then it's worthless.

I'm stopping there cause i have no intention of dragging this discussion out further.
    Last edited by Almighty Zard; 9th May 2008 at 8:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by latios reborn View Post
    To get better and stronger then eventually evolve
    What is the deal with all of these lousy assumption about their Pokemon evolving?

^well when you consider nearly all of May's pokemon have evolved people are kinda wanting the writers to pick up the pace with Ash's pokemon.--;;

Quote Originally Posted by Thriller View Post
    I've seen the pics AND the episode and I can't tell if May was implying she saw Uxie at the lake up in the snowy area.
    Well I didn't see Uxie at all (when May flashbacked), so I'm thinking it has to do with the fact that there are three lakes in Sinnoh and May, was pointing out Lake Acuity, as a possible third location for "Uxie" or fairy thing. Though I have no idea what Brock and Zoey were saying, so I don't know if they were explaining, Azelf, Mespirit, and Uxie or a legend involving the trio.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Yay! The continuity continues

- Musashi being annoyed by Wobbuffet because she didn´t make it into the battle round was cute. Yes, I said it. Musashi was cute. No jailbait needed for her.

- funny when people call Lanturn winning because of its electric attacks a DEM. shows how this forum has developed

- Momoan recognizes Musashi´s reporter outfit from the Kanto Grand Festival. Very, very nice.

- I don´t know HOW Buizel can pilot that ice-shard-thing it was trapped in, but it was a cooll scene anyway. Good to see that the old double-battle training episode wasn´t forgotten at all.

- Too bad that Venusaur and Eneko ( german name ftw ) only got lame stills instead of actual screentime

- The girls scene in the bedroom screams new gambler club-dojinshi to me ^^

- for a Kinoshita episode this episode didn´t look too bad. LOTS of stills and reused animation, but the battle looked ok to me nevertheless. Takeda is still my most hated animation-director.

- shiny Joe from the School of Hard Knocks freaked me out

let´s hope that the next episode isn´t rushed...
    4 Generations - 8 Teams - 48 Pokémon - 1 Trainer

Buneary won something and against a frigging Wailmer who was x10 times her size!! Screw the other part of the episode, I've been waiting for this moment for a long time!

Buizel, Buizel, Buizel... and I thought Staravia was going to be new Torkoal. I'm not mad at you because it was points related but man, when are you going to win?

Kaito looks cool. I'm not a fan of Lanturn but I'm glad he has a Crawdaunt.

There goes Piplup to battle again. I'm not mad because the others battled so I'll let it pass.

Quote Originally Posted by TeddiUrsa
    let´s hope that the next episode isn´t rushed...
    This is my concern, as we have a whopping three matches we must plough through, plus the closing ceremonies and whatnot. An extra episode of this arc could have not only extended one of the two-second battles seen in DP078, but given more leeway for DP079's time.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

This is my concern, as we have a whopping three matches we must plough through, plus the closing ceremonies and whatnot. An extra episode of this arc could have not only extended one of the two-second battles seen in DP078, but given more leeway for DP079's time.
    ^ Think of this Wallace arc as the same pacing of any Grand Festival. The Wallace Cup has 3 eps, just like the Kanto and Hoenn GF's did.

This time however we know May/Dawn is the finals so there won't be time wasted with the final match like Robert beating Drew or Solidad beating May like in the previous eps. This time they don't have to spend an extra minute on something like that.

The Dawn/Kaito match will probably end after the first 5 minutes, May Vs. Zoey will probably be about 7 or so minutes, and May Vs. Dawn for the rest of the episode.

Aside from that May is used to getting rushed endings, remember how quickly she left at the end of AG? I think what I'm hoping for though is for May to battle Team Rocket at the end with all her Pokemon as her farewell again. I'm just kinda hoping to see Blaziken one more time before she goes.
    Last edited by CyberCubed; 9th May 2008 at 5:29 PM.

I finally can post!!!
    cost didnt watched the episode till today.
    Mays Venasaur was Suprising,I guess her baby pokemons likes to evolve.
    She brought all her Pokemons with her.Seribii is Wrong0-0
    Kaito was Luck Out on the last Move.Ash werent really bothered anyways.
    Hikari Owns today using contest battle skills.I love to see Beautifly again vs glameow.
    Glaceon vs Piplup,My Moneys on Glaceon Edge out.Mays Encouted with Uxie was expected.Loved Ashs reaction seeing Azelf with that Music from Silver/Gold.
    Piplups Learns a New Move: Mind Bubbles :Effect Clears Human Minds.
    So Schedule:
    May Vs Zoey Beautifly Vs Glameow Winner Beautifly.
    Kaito Vs Dawn Crawdawnt vs Piplup Winner Piplup
    Final:
    Piplup Vs Glaceon (Expect Glaceon to win)
    Overall 10 out of 10 for episode
    Pokemon Magic
    Always NearBY

Latios<>Latias

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    ^ Think of this Wallace arc as the same pacing of any Grand Festival. The Wallace Cup has 3 eps, just like the Kanto and Hoenn GF's did.

This time however we know May/Dawn is the finals so there won't be time wasted with the final match like Robert beating Drew or Solidad beating May like in the previous eps. This time they don't have to spend an extra minute on something like that.

The Dawn/Kaito match will probably end after the first 5 minutes, May Vs. Zoey will probably be about 7 or so minutes, and May Vs. Dawn for the rest of the episode.

Aside from that May is used to getting rushed endings, remember how quickly she left at the end of AG? I think what I'm hoping for though is for May to battle Team Rocket at the end with all her Pokemon as her farewell again. I'm just kinda hoping to see Blaziken one more time before she goes.
    Leave Tr out of the last bit,They are so innocent in this contest Arc
    Trs looks so innocent and looking forward seen the finals
    Jessie show was good but too simple,theres a clue here that the writer will giver her a new pokemon soon,as james or mewoth wont lend any now.
    Pokemon Magic
    Always NearBY

Latios<>Latias

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    And I have been very critical of the pacing of those arcs in the past. I've stated the same thing about the leagues in regards to this restriction of the number of episodes, and the leagues are each never more than 7 episodes. Ash lasting longer in the Johto and Hoenn leagues resulted the final few matches being cheap one-hit KO fests due to the writers attempting to wrap things up in a "timely" fashion. (Indigo League had a whole different set of issues) While I can understand a rival battle like Drew vs. Robert being cut short, they shouldn't restrict themselves when dealing with a main cast member, like May in her match against Solidad. Besides, they've dragged out everything else this saga, often times for the better, so the pacing shouldn't feel so jarring. Something like the tag battle arc worked well in only 3 episodes merely due to there being less battles on the whole, but I don't see the harm in adding just one more episode to another arc if it aids the pacing.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Quote Originally Posted by S.Suikun View Post
    And I have been very critical of the pacing of those arcs in the past. I've stated the same thing about the leagues in regards to this restriction of the number of episodes, and the leagues are each never more than 7 episodes. Ash lasting longer in the Johto and Hoenn leagues resulted the final few matches being cheap one-hit KO fests due to the writers attempting to wrap things up in a "timely" fashion. (Indigo League had a whole different set of issues) While I can understand a rival battle like Drew vs. Robert being cut short, they shouldn't restrict themselves when dealing with a main cast member, like May in her match against Solidad. Besides, they've dragged out everything else this saga, often times for the better, so the pacing shouldn't feel so jarring. Something like the tag battle arc worked well in only 3 episodes merely due to there being less battles on the whole, but I don't see the harm in adding just one more episode to another arc if it aids the pacing.
    In the case of the Jhoto League, it felt like the writers were building story lines up to make the League an epic, but I bet because Nintendo wanted to rush out R/S, hands were forced to condense the battles.

Now on part of the Hoenn League/Grand Festivals, the writers had their sweet time. There was no excuse there.

-sCiZoR

Anyone felt a 'Sailor Moon' vibe when Jessie struck that pose while wearing the big ribbon?
    Last edited by Sparkleo; 9th May 2008 at 11:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    Until Buizel wins a drawn out battle against a worthy opponent it will continue to be useless.
    Protip: it wasn't Buizel's fault it didn't win, it was Ash's.

Anyone think it's weird that there were TWO beds in the girls' room, but there were THREE girls USING the room?
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by uber gon View Post
    Anyone think it's weird that there were TWO beds in the girls' room, but there were THREE girls USING the room?
    ... No, it's not. One girl sleeps beside another girl in that case. >>

THE END.

^ Maybe May and Dawn sleep in the same bed together? I bet Zoey would be jealous.

Quote Originally Posted by S.Suikun View Post
    Besides, they've dragged out everything else this saga, often times for the better, so the pacing shouldn't feel so jarring. Something like the tag battle arc worked well in only 3 episodes merely due to there being less battles on the whole, but I don't see the harm in adding just one more episode to another arc if it aids the pacing.
    I agree but it does seem like the writers have some sort of rule that aside from Ash's leagues, every other tournament can't go on longer than 3 eps.

The Whirl Cup in Johto was 3 eps, the tag battle arc in Veilstone was 3 eps, both Grand Festivals were 3 eps, and this Wallace Cup is also 3 eps.

When you stop to think about it, all these tournaments have never gone beyond 3 episodes. I know its stupid that they don't just make them 4-5 episodes but it seems to me the writers just don't like doing that for whatever reason.

Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if Dawn's Sinnoh Grand Festival only goes on for 3 episodes too. I'd like to think otherwise but I don't see it happening.

Looks like the writers didn't want Ash to lose to Dawn so they make him lose to a random guy.
    Total Shinies 233

My DP Team

The episodes were great. Ash's battle was pretty cool, and I can't see any other reason for May mentioning Snowpoint other than her meeting Uxie.

On the other hand, Buneary usage!
    The Latest Capture

28 / 20 / 26 / 30 / 30 / 31 Timid Southern Island Emerald Latios

FC: 3309 2165 3231

Paul seemed to be paying extra attention to Ash's battles in the Wallace cup, there were two cutaways to him in the two episodes watching him on the screen when he appeared . . .

I'm beginning to suspect now that Paul doesn't think Ash is quite as "pathetic" as he keeps saying he is . . . after all, he seemed interested in watching Ash, and if he really thought he was worthless, why would he care . . .
    PLEASE feed Farfetch'd sour (yellow) berries!

Quote Originally Posted by Isis-sama View Post
    Paul seemed to be paying extra attention to Ash's battles in the Wallace cup, there were two cutaways to him in the two episodes watching him on the screen when he appeared . . .

I'm beginning to suspect now that Paul doesn't think Ash is quite as "pathetic" as he keeps saying he is . . . after all, he seemed interested in watching Ash, and if he really thought he was worthless, why would he care . . .
    Shinji is Satoshi's stalker, its his duty to watch tournements he enters.

Quote Originally Posted by starterlover1 View Post
    The episodes were great. Ash's battle was pretty cool, and I can't see any other reason for May mentioning Snowpoint other than her meeting Uxie.
    She didn't mention seeing Uxie, she just said that she heard rumours about a strange pokemon in the lake while she was in Snowpoint.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast