Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Pruning a Passel of Pals!! (546)

Was quite a good episode. I wanted to hear more about Mays visit to Johto too
    I liked the Ice Aqua Jet as well pity Ash and Buizei lost though
    Just a question it says on bulbapedia that Drew Harley and Solidad were in the episode but I didnt see them. Did anyone else spot that or if they were in the japanese version where were they?
    I dont like Kyle he kinda annoys me. And I dont know why either

Ash's Buizel was amazing! I just loved the way that it used its different moves.

wow wven though i knew what was going o happen im still impressed
    but now i have to wait two more weeks

Loving You Is Cherry Pie, Cause You Know That Baby I,
    Im Your Biggest Fan,
    I'll Follow You Until You Love Me.

Etc.
    Credit: Banner-Skiyomi
    Claimed Song:
    LoveGame-Lady Gaga

Quote Originally Posted by Slowking[George] View Post
    Ash's Buizel was amazing! I just loved the way that it used its different moves.
    Just imagine what he could do as a Floatzel.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by TeddiUrsa View Post
    I am sick of the "Paul" hate. He is written to be an *******, that´s what makes him so awesome.
    Ever since I saw Paul and his arrogant manner, I've thought of him as the dark side of Pokemon Trainers. You obviously should avoid seeing him at all costs if you don't want him mocking your Pokemon. Overall, I just hate his personality. Heck, even Ash's old rival Gary respects his Pokemon way better than how Paul respects his.

Quote Originally Posted by Mario-Sonic View Post
    Ever since I saw Paul and his arrogant manner, I've thought of him as the dark side of Pokemon Trainers. You obviously should avoid seeing him at all costs if you don't want him mocking your Pokemon. Overall, I just hate his personality. Heck, even Ash's old rival Gary respects his Pokemon way better than how Paul respects his.
    Well he does bring something new to the series. That has to count for something.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by Rebeccag View Post
    Just a question it says on bulbapedia that Drew Harley and Solidad were in the episode but I didnt see them. Did anyone else spot that or if they were in the japanese version where were they?
    It's true that Drew, Harley and Solidad were shown, but this was in the previous episode "Staging A Heroes Welcome". Furthermore, the relevant scene was only lasting for some seconds and unfortunately, neither of them said one single word. They were just standing and sitting together in front of a TV, obviously in order to watch May's appeal.
    ASH FOR THE WIN!
    Pokémon veteran since 1999

Words of wisdom from Serebii Chat:
    [01:37] <Brainless> I hate the WORLD.
    [01:37] <Trainer_Trixie> trade your soul on wifi

Quote Originally Posted by ash_forever View Post
    It's true that Drew, Harley and Solidad were shown, but this was in the previous episode "Staging A Heroes Welcome". Furthermore, the relevant scene was only lasting for some seconds and unfortunately, neither of them said one single word. They were just standing and sitting together in front of a TV, obviously in order to watch May's appeal.
    I think the main problem was that nobody wanted to hire the VAs just for one or two little sentences.

May´s father never talked again, when he watched May on TV during her festivals I think. It s a bit sad, because I bet Harley had enough to say, even in such a short scene, but...what can you do about it?

It was awesome enough that they showed up at all.
    4 Generations - 8 Teams - 48 Pokémon - 1 Trainer

i liked this episode. too bad we couldn't see more of May's Venusaur.
    FC:2148 5219 9117

Quote Originally Posted by WaterDragon trainer View Post
    This episode was good. Found it a little odd that the girls could hear Ash fall off his bed.
    Either the bed was higher than usual, or Ash's head is a heck of a lot denser than we initially thought.

It surprised me that Ash got to see an Azelf as well as the mentioning of Mesprit and Uxie.
    True, but don't forget that Ash wasn't able to recognize it as a Pokemon at first glance. In fact, I was waiting for him to yank out his Pokedex and scan it in the hopes of a Pokemon data entry. Though, considering that Ash has now seen Azelf, Dawn saw Mesprit and both May and Zoey have heard of Uxie, it kind of works out (of course, not entirely realizing what Pokemon they were probably didn't help matters).

Brine was a little unimpressive for Wailmer. It would’ve been more suitable as Water Spout.
    Same, I actually rewinded to check if it was Brine... odd.

Ash’s Buizel’s “Ice Aqua Jet” was cool to see.
    Yup, that was something else.

Quote Originally Posted by uber gon View Post
    If Zoey is grom Snowpoint, I wonder if she'll surprise everyone by having a Frosslass later? That'd be kinda cool.
    Please no unintentional puns.

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard_Trainer88 View Post
    LOL Tracey was reincarnated!
    Hmm, so I'm not the only one who recognized Ted Lewis.

Quote Originally Posted by Mario-Sonic View Post
    It's a shame that Ash lost the quarterfinals. The part with Paul was quite pointless since we already know that he disrespects ALL that Ash does. You know, Paul should lighten up and start respecting Ash's hard work, because his training actions may eventually lead to his undoing.
    Considering he has already made 2 cameos within both episodes does make you wonder why he's bothering to actually stick around I might add.

Well, I figured I'd might as well post my own opinion on this episode. I'll say that this was pretty interesting to say the least especially when Ash has his "freak" encounter with Azelf.

I was actually rather shocked to hear the Zoey is from Snowpoint, however, after thinking about that for a moment, it mildly explains most everything about her. Nah, but it was neat to know where she's from though.

On to the contests. Is it just me, or has Ted Lewis had his "reappearance" in this episode as that guy with the Wailmer. I'm almost certain it's him. As for Dawn and Buneary, it seems she's finally putting her right foot forward and taking control once again. Although, Wailmer's Brine was a little... iffy. I mean, I know the show doesn't follow the game's rendition of some of the attacks, but I didn't quite understand how that should have been Brine... heck I don't really know what Brine should look like.

Ash's battle was pretty good. What a snobby trainer. And I actually laughed a bit when Ash successfully pulled off Dawn's concept of the "Buizel Missile". So far, Ash has perfected not one, but two of Dawn's own moves. Which, I find kind of ironic to some extent. Granted, the Buizel Missile was awesome. Even though Ash did lose, he did a great battle. Pretty close too. At least Buizel got some praise from Wallace. That's always good.

And then for next episode, I wonder how this'll turn out. Well, I already know really...

So, highlights:

- Ash witnesses Azelf;
    - Zoey is from Snowpoint;
    - Ted Lewis is apparently voicing again;
    - Ash pulls of the "Buizel Missile";
    - Ash loses;

For one episode, that ain't half bad...

Oh, but darn how could I forget our favorite band of incompetent thieves... that's right, Team Rocket! Hold on a sec...

I have to say, though Team Rocket didn't really do much, it was good that Jessie apparently reprized her role as newsreporter for the event. I thought that one little mention at Ash was funny, because in the end, that's what TR is used to doing (losing).

There, now I've gotten everything down pat.

episode score: 8.5/10

~C_L~

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

This episodes looks like one of those episode where many of the main characters use their pokemon in the same contest/battle and everyone feels excited!

Ah right thanks for that. I wasnt sure if I had imagined them or not but clearly I hadnt ^_^

I don't even wanna KNOW what that title is a pun of.

Ash, Calisthenics isn't for everyone.

This mysterious figure sounds like The Creeper to me.

Wailmers make pretty interesting battlers, bouncing out and into water for impact. Then there's rollout for those large strips of land. It just so happens that Buneary's "transient footwork" shredded this one.

Skitty? Venusaur? Crawdaunt? This is absurd

Hell yeah! Ice rocket set K.O!

Hmm, maybe Paul was thinking Ash Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

Jessie bit the dust alright, not so sure about Ash. Lanturn NEEDED a good battle, but those thunderbolts had no spark to them at all.

This past month Jessie's insults have climbed serious heights.

Fabio didn't make it

7/10 This is still pretty top notch stuff, all this neglect just irks me.

i just loved the entire ep really - but i supppose it goes without saying

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2qnqtyf.jpg[/IMG]
    Looks like I might be here to stay...

PASBL Trainer Level: 4 | 26-12-8 | 77 KO's | 199 TP | 0 SP
    PASBL Referee (C+)
    | Squad | League Table |

[.:Badges:.]
    Reffing Badge
    Onslaught Badge

i just loved the entire ep really - but i supppose it goes without saying

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2qnqtyf.jpg[/IMG]
    Looks like I might be here to stay...

PASBL Trainer Level: 4 | 26-12-8 | 77 KO's | 199 TP | 0 SP
    PASBL Referee (C+)
    | Squad | League Table |

[.:Badges:.]
    Reffing Badge
    Onslaught Badge

It was a good thing I rewatched the Kanto Grand Festival again before I watched this episode (because I was seeing "Crossing the Battle Line" for the first time), because I wouldn't have caught the reference to 'Jessidia' otherwise. I think it was neat that Jessie brought back her reporter disguise again. At least it gave her something to do for the rest of the Wallace Cup, and I like Lillian thanking her for her help at the Grand Festival.

Too bad that Ash wasn't able to advance, but at least Buizel was finally able to pull off that frozen aqua jet move Dawn taught him. The look on the lanturn and its trainer's faces was hilarious. Ash's opponent was right, though, Ash should have varied his pokemon a bit more for the competition. I wish we could have seen more of Venusaur, but at least May and Dawn did well.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 11/10 NEW!! 11/13
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

That's Marian. Lillian hasn't been seen since the Kanto Grand Festival.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

I liked how Ash pulled off the Ice Aqua Jet combo. That was a really cool move.

~Ayra~
    "I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevent, it is what you do with the gift of life, that determines who you are." -Mewtwo
    "The only thing we can be is ourselves, we can't be someone else, and someone else can't be us." -Kelly Smith
    3DS FC 1048-8196-8009
    Type:Flying
    Spearow, Woobat, Hawlucha
    ^Click to go to my Ribbon Sprites thread, in need of some ideas^
    Currently working on:
        Spoiler:- Ribbons I'm working on:
    [img]http://i44.*******.com/23t2pg8.png[/img]
    Credit to AWildMew for the Shinjoh Connection userbar

I don't know, I still find it funny to see Buizel stuck frozen in mid air.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post
    I don't know, I still find it funny to see Buizel stuck frozen in mid air.
    Oh well that's cold. No pun intended. You know, I was also very suprised to see that Buizel was actually continuing to its target. Usually when an Ice Beam contacts, it freezes in midair and doesn't continue. That was odd, but cool at the same time! No pun intended.
    3DS Friend Code: 2079-6549-2981
    "Let's trade and battle!" - *message me first*
    I am a shadow, I seek the ways of Hadou.
    I'll have you know, I am a Lucario.

It looks like Dawn, May, and Zoey are continuing their progress in the Wallace Cup rather nicely, perfecting their moves' appearances in the process. Perhaps Ash and Buizel will have more opportunities to perfect that "Ice Aqua Jet" for future references, and it may very well be a lesson to keep beyond contest battles. I had to chuckle when Piplup used Bubblebeam on Ash directly to get him to calm down about encountering Azelf at Lake Valor, but I can focus directly on Brock's reference to the Sinnoh Space-Time Legend, looming in the background of my mind as the Wallace Cup nears its conclusion.
    Babylon 5, Codename: Kids Next Door, 24, and now, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. I am many things at once, and many people might have different opinions about little, old me. If freedom is my main idea, then harmony, individuality, and modernization are the three attributes I now sense and track. Those three attributes and that idea combined to make the United States of America a great global superpower and Pearlshipping and Wishfulshipping great Pokémon couples, and now, they've combined to make those four shows truly great television programs to me. I will enjoy enthusiastically supporting the Equestrian ponies' adventures for peace, for humankind, for the future.

Ice Aquajet was a great attack.

It's a shame that Dawn never managed to pull it off, that would have been great for her.

Credit to Mr. Joker for the Glee banner
    Credit to Skiyomi for the lovely Blue Snover banner

If anyone is interested in a custom ribbon for your profile pic, be sure to check out Ayra's sprite thread in the fanart section, if you want to take a look at her work have a look at my profile.

Nice Episode!
    like Blue Snover said, the Ice AquaJet was just an great attack
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

Hmm to bad Ash and Buizel lost...

I loved to see Buneary battles, she was cute as usuall.

7/10
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

After seeing this episode, I can see what Dawn was doing wrong when she first tried teaching Ice Aqua Jet to Buizel. It only seems to work when the Ice Beam (I don't think it's limited to Ice Beam, though) is coming towards Buizel. Dawn had Buneary target Buizel from behind to compliment the Aqua Jet, but Ash had Buizel go into the beam head-first.
    FCs: 1564-3330-7308 (X) and 0361-6238-7128 (Y)
    Friend safari types: Fairy and Rock, respectively. PM me with your FC if you add me.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast