Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Pruning a Passel of Pals!! (546)

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post
    That's Marian. Lillian hasn't been seen since the Kanto Grand Festival.
    Well they all look so similar, it's hard to remember which one is which.

Anyway, I didn't understand the dub title but I loved the Japanese title since everyone is a rival in this competition. Loved the sleepover scene in the beginning with Dawn, Zoey, and May telling each other stories and eating snacks. Ash's little fall was awkward but the aftermath was cool since Ash had to take a little nightly stroll to calm his nerves. I liked that that led up to him seeing Azelf's shadow in Lake Valor. Hearing Dawn talk about Mesprit at Lake Verity and Zoey talk about Uxie at Lake Acuity gave me goosebumps.

As for the battles, Dawn's Buneary versus that Wailmer was a good way to start the battle rounds. The way Buneary made good use of Wailmer's Brine attack to bounce and showcase it's fancy footwork was amazing. Seeing Buneary twirl when hit by that water attack was cool too, but seeing it freeze Wailmer with Ice Beam was my favorite scene from that battle. I almost felt sorry for the Wailmer. I was glad that at leaast Jessie found something to do now that she was out of the competition.

Ash and Buizel versus Kyle and Lanturn was upsetting though since I really though Buizel would do well in a water field. I thought Lanturn's Charge was beautiful but the prettiest move was Buizel's Ice Aqua Jet. I was stunned that it still managed to lose despite using it's best move in the battle. The episode ended in a cliffhanger with both Crawdaunt and Piplup firing two strong attacks. Good way to end it I think, 9/10.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Snover View Post
    Ice Aquajet was a great attack.

It's a shame that Dawn never managed to pull it off, that would have been great for her.
    Yeah, but Dawn's personality and Buizel's personality just didn't match. It's a nice surprise move for Ash and gym battles. Dawn will bounce back and come up some new combinations. She's one smart cookie.

I thought Ash was going to win after he pulled off that Ice Aqua Jet but oh well. Buneary did great against Wailmer and I wanted to see more of May. Overall this was a great episode.

Good start of the Wallace Cup. Of course Zoey would be joining them, it's good that she has come terms with people doing both contests and battles if they want to.

Jessie's reaction to hearing it was her that won Solaceon town and not James/Meowth doing something (Which I am not sure how she would think that without knowing) was kinda funny, she's like I won it by myself?, she got way too overconfident though so no wonder why she got out so early.

It was funny how Ash was stuttering and all over the place when talking about that legendary Pokemon and when Piplup bubblebeam him.
    Bunaery was quite cute bouncing off that brine attack.

It was great seeing all of May's Pokemon again, especially them being evolved thought I would have liked seeing Blaziken in the actual contest.
    It was too bad Ash lost but he isn't into contests anyway, Buizel should keep battling (I thought he would have chosen someone else for the battle, or the appeal). Would have liked seeing May defeat him or even Dawn instead. I liked seeing Ice Aqua Jet too, it was good that Dawn had given him the inspiration lol, Ash might have actually won if time hadn't won out though.
    Claims Amber Benson and Ali Larter as Bishie.

Credits go to the original creators of Cynthia's and Flannery's artwork.
    United we stand but seperated we fall

And so the fifth generation begins...

Ice aquajet combo was execellent since it had both the beauty and the power in it

This episode was cool. It was cool to see that Ash saw Azelf in the lake, even though it was only the outline of it. 1st Dawn saw Mespirit before, and now Ash saw Azelf this time. It was cool to see Dawn use Buneary and Buneary actually win for a change, against Wailmer. It was cool to see Buizel be able to deafeat a Kecleon in the contest. Not surprisingly, Pachirisu defeared Pelipper. Unfortunately after that, Ash's Buizel lost to Lanturn, not shocked, but really wish Buizel would've gotten the oppurtunity to be able to deafeat the half-Electric Pokemon... It was cool to see Ash have Buizel use Ice-Aqua Jet combo for the 1st time.

85/100

Dawn looks sooo pretty in this episode! ^.^

I liked that Ash was doing contests but I agree that it's not something that fits him. That aweful outfit and his ways of using his Pokemon doesn't seem like it belongs there. I'm so glad they didn't make this last too long.

Coolest Eevee evolution ever!

That little slumber party May Dawn & Zoey were having was cute lol although Zoey really looks tomboyish. & LOL Ash can't do contests!!

The sleepover with May, Dawn and Zoey was pretty cute and interesting. Dawn does great in the battle rounds while Ash loses lol. 10/10
    Owner of the Dawn/Hikari Fanclub v.4
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567