Thread: EV Training with an EXP. Share...

Default EV Training with an EXP. Share...

OK... I've got a question to ask about the EXP. Share and Effort Points...

Say, you've got a Pokemon with no Effort Points and equip it with EXP. Share, and you go to the Elite Four (As an example) and you fight with all with a pokemon with Maxed out Effort Points, does the EXP Shared pokemon still get the Effort Points?

Because it doesn't seem like it does, like when I train it up afterwards, it doesn't reach Max Effort Values until I've battled with that Pokemon head on with a Macho Brace (And I've recorded all the Points as well etc.)

Can someone please clarify this, because I don't want to accidentally give pokemon EV's it doesn't need at the Elite Four (So I can train it up to a high enough level to EV train by itself)

If my question hasn't been clear enough, please ask ^_^

~Thanks in Advance

The reason it doesn't seem to be getting a lot of points is because the points are not all awarded immediately, but by the time it reaches level 100 they will all be present.

You're just gonna have to EV train your weak pokemon by putting them in front and switching to a stronger pokemon that can handle the one you're fighting against.

Claimed Pokemon: Slowbro
    Paired with: SuppYo

No, I mean...
    I ask the lady in Slateport whether I've done all the Training, and she only says it after I've got 510 points when using it in first slot, the points I should have got from the Elite Four don't seem to count.

eg.

1) Attach EXP Share to Larvitar
    Put lvl 100 first and defeat Elite Four.
    ~ I should get X amount of EV's for my Larvitar...

2) Change Larvitar to my First Slot, and change item to Macho Brace
    ~ Get 510 - X Effort Points
    Ask Slateport lady... Haven't worked hard enough yet.

3) ~ Get X more points
    Ask Lady again... I've finished training...

So, I'm saying, shouldn't it say that i'm finished at the end of 2), not the end of 3)...
    Basically, it seems that when a Pokemon who has no more EV's to get fights, an EXP Shared Pokemon doesn't get any EV's either.

You're just gonna have to EV train your weak pokemon by putting them in front and switching to a stronger pokemon that can handle the one you're fighting against.
    Since the exp. share gives EVs he just needs to have the EV trainee hold the exp. share while something else kills.

I still don't really get what you're saying, but the original answer is that your Pokemon are indeed getting EVs, there's no question. As long as the Pokemon's EVs aren't maxed and it's hold the exp. share it will get EVs. The majority of the EV training I do is with a lvl 100 Pokemon with maxed EVs battling while the one I'm EV training holds the exp. share, and it always gets the right amount of EVs. If yours aren't your math must be off.

~~

Trust me, they aren't...

I've done it so many times... I've fought the Elite Four under those circumstances 8 times (Enough to max out EV's)... Yet, the Slateport lady still says it hasn't maxed out...

Did you switch pokemon during battle. Exp.Share only shares experience points not EV's. You have to switch pokemon to gain EV's

doesn't it half your effort points.
    Ruby: 0/8
    Sapphire: 0/8
    Emerald: 7/8
    FireRed: 8/8
    LeafGreen: 6/8
    Diamond: 0/8
    Pearl: 0/8
    Platinum: 7/8
    HeartGold: 16/16 (350/493)
    SoulSilver: 9/16
    Black:
    White:
    White 2:
    Black 2:

FC= 1121 0822 2345

No. It doesn't

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemanyak View Post
    Did you switch pokemon during battle. Exp.Share only shares experience points not EV's. You have to switch pokemon to gain EV's
    Quote Originally Posted by Serebii.net
    Actually, you get the same amount of Effort Values for the battle as the pokemon fighting it did. So if your Mudkip had EXP. Share attatched to it and your Blaziken defeated a Carvanha, both would get 1 EV point, if they could. Sadly, you cannot manipulate the Macho Brace or Pokerus to give Mudkip 4 EVs in place of 1 by using the EXP. Share. However, if you were to send out Mudkip first with Macho Brace and Pokerus and switch, it would gain the four Effort Points.
    With experience points come EVs. This means that holding the Exp Share will indeed give that pokemon EVs, just not the same amount as a pokemon holding the Macho Brace.

The question is though, if a pokemon with maxed out EVs is training against the elite four and a newly hatched pokemon is holding the exp share, if they will gain EVs. And according to these people in the post, they apparently will not. If you're still not sure, just don't risk it. I know I wouldn't.

Claimed Pokemon: Slowbro
    Paired with: SuppYo

Yeah... It seems like it doesn't...

Which I suppose is OK, but I just wanted to know so I could train it the right way lol.
    Thanks Guys