Thread: My two cents on Ben 10: Alien Force

Default My two cents on Ben 10: Alien Force

Okay, here's MY explaination on certain aspects on Ben 10: Alien Force:

Continuity of the future: I know people are making a big deal about how Ben 10: Alien Force is contradicting the events of Ben 10,000 and Ken 10, but in reality those two episodes are a POSSIBLE future. If anyone has ever read the Marvel comics, he/she would know that Earth has MULTIPLE realities/dimensions. In regards to Ben 10: Alien Force this would mean that the show is but ONE course of events that occur to Ben and Co. Basically, when certain decisions are made by characters that means the OPPOSITE decision is made in another timeline. For example, even though the older Ben fromBen 10,000 grows up to be a serious prick in one future doesn't mean Ben 10: Alien Force Ben will be the same.

Kevin: In regards to Kevin's change in disposition in the series, one must think of my Alternate Universe/Dimensions theory. Sure ONE Kevin grows up to be an Orochimaru rip-off whose one MAJOR villian, but the Kevin of Ben 10: Alien Force may have gotten chances or made decisions that Ken 10 Kevin would probably NEVER make.

Omnitrix: I know that people are making a big deal about how the Omnitrix and the Aliens are VERY different from the original, but let's remember that the Omnitrix got REFORMATTED. Because of the reformatting, the Omnitrix must've adapted to living in Ben's lifestyle and ability to utilize the Omnitrix. This probably means that it automatically implants the aliens' names and abilities into Ben's head and all Ben has to do is find a way to use this information to his advantage, which also comes with the cost of him getting injured along with the aliens in certain fights.

If any of you guys want to say your own two cents on the series, feel free to do it.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

My two cents: I -hate- Ben 10.

It replaced spongebob on tv The only good kids show.

Quote Originally Posted by Regan View Post
    My two cents: I -hate- Ben 10.

It replaced spongebob on tv The only good kids show.
    Okay, it's a start.

Frankly I like Spongebob but only the early episodes. That, and the F.U.N. Song. You gotta love Plankton in that segment.
    Last edited by uber gon; 14th May 2008 at 7:06 AM.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

no offense or anything! im sure its a good show, im just annoyed theres no more spongebob (god i sound like a child)

haha its hillarious! i think the old series were full of tired old jokes to be honest :P but the new stuffs okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Regan View Post
    no offense or anything! im sure its a good show, im just annoyed theres no more spongebob (god i sound like a child)

haha its hillarious! i think the old series were full of tired old jokes to be honest :P but the new stuffs okay.
    Well some episodes. I like the Atlantis movie since it has David Bowie.

Well, I like Ben 10,000, but the problem for me is that The Spectacular Spiderman comes on at the same time. So, I would rather watch Peter Parker than Ben Tennyson.
    About to do an X Scramble Challenge!!!
    Let me know if you would like to trade or battle!
    3DS Friend Code: 1779-0043-7163
    Name on 3DS: BT

Well if anyone thinks my theories on the show are correct or at least interesting I'd like a reply.

Anyway, I find the show interesting.

To be honest... I think the series got off on a lousy start.

I'm surprised that the airing of the first episode actually garnered alot of views and ratings that night.

But I think it might possibly get better after the next episode. Max Out.

Truth is... I saw it already.

Bit of a spoiler, so don't read if you don't want to know what happens next.

Spoiler:- .:

But yeah, there are things that I can complain about the series right now.

I can complain about some of the character color concepts first, seeing that I liked the Ben 10 ones better than the latest ones. But of course, it doesn't do much to dramatically change anything. =P

The whole Kevin changing on us was rather way too fast paced for me. Sure they have Kevin still acting a bit of a rebel, but I think changing sides on a quick whim like that was rather not in my tastes.

The continuity of the future. It was already expected to change after young Ben gave Max his birthday cake when old Ben didn't. So yeah, that's what tipped me off on the future not being accurate, but more or less as a "what if".

I think the series has a good potential to get better, as long as the writers play their cards right. But I get the feeling that this will seriously turn out to be an Alien Version of Teen Titans for some odd reason. =/

I used to watch ben 10 but that was when i had nothing better to do but then i discovered serebii.net now i don't have time for ben 10 because im always on here!

You're one sad child.

Quote Originally Posted by Rave View Post
    To be honest... I think the series got off on a lousy start.

I'm surprised that the airing of the first episode actually garnered alot of views and ratings that night.

But I think it might possibly get better after the next episode. Max Out.

Truth is... I saw it already.

Bit of a spoiler, so don't read if you don't want to know what happens next.

Spoiler:- .:

But yeah, there are things that I can complain about the series right now.

I can complain about some of the character color concepts first, seeing that I liked the Ben 10 ones better than the latest ones. But of course, it doesn't do much to dramatically change anything. =P

The whole Kevin changing on us was rather way too fast paced for me. Sure they have Kevin still acting a bit of a rebel, but I think changing sides on a quick whim like that was rather not in my tastes.

The continuity of the future. It was already expected to change after young Ben gave Max his birthday cake when old Ben didn't. So yeah, that's what tipped me off on the future not being accurate, but more or less as a "what if".

I think the series has a good potential to get better, as long as the writers play their cards right. But I get the feeling that this will seriously turn out to be an Alien Version of Teen Titans for some odd reason. =/
    Well if more of the aliens are like Big Chill, I'll be VERY satisfied. Heh, the Omnitrix just keeps getting cooler and cooler too.

It's just a superhero show. You can always expect several cliches to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuki Mirai View Post
    It's just a superhero show. You can always expect several cliches to come.
    Well with my experience with Marvel, I know that:

A. There'll be multiple dimensions in this show. It'd explain Ben 10,000 and to some degree Ken 10 and Gwen 10.

B. There may be some surprise powers with Ben's Omnitrix aliens once the episode where Ben gets Alien X is over.

C. Gwen will probably do something that'll make fans go nuts. Nothing major, but something that's out of character.