Thread: American Idol

Default American Idol

A little late, I realize, although, I'm surprised a thread like this never has popped up.

What are your views on the current season of American Idol?

Personally, I would have liked Jason Castro to have gone a little further, as Syesha has too much of that generic RnB singer voice. She's a good singer, no doubt, but I am sick of that style cropping up everywhere. At least Jason brought some originality to the competition.

I realize everybody is swooning for David Archuleta, and there is no doubt that he can sing, although, if he did win, the chances of him reaching fame are slim. He is held down by so many limiting factors: His age, his parents, his family, his religion, he'd simply crack under the pressure.

At the moment, David Cook has the most potential to win, although, he'll probably make final two, and thats it. e has some of the most talent in there, its just that he's more of a Daughtry clone than anything.

So talk about anything American Idol here, from the controversies associated with it, to your personal preferences.s

personally i hated jason castro. He didn't seem to get any better as the season went along. I think carly should replace sayesha, she was good. Your right about David A.

I'll be honest, I never really saw what the big deal is about with American Idol. I think its a huge annoying show, with a bunch of annoying people, trying too damn hard to become a celebrity and all that junk.

Quote Originally Posted by Rave View Post
    I'll be honest, I never really saw what the big deal is about with American Idol. I think its a huge annoying show, with a bunch of annoying people, trying too damn hard to become a celebrity and all that junk.
    I agree. I would just watch it to laugh at the annoying people with No talent at all.

C'mon Rave, people embarrassing themselves on national Television? How is that not entertaining?

After the auditions, the show becomes crappy though.
    Something about Pokabu, right?

Put this in your sig if you think Profesco is hot (started by Ethan)

I didn't watch American Idol until the current season. I watched the auditions for the laughs, but my sister and mom kept watching it, and eventually, I got hooked as well. I don't care too much for the actual show, I just want to see who gets in or out.

I'm pretty sure almost everyone knew Castro would leave. Carly should of stayed abit longer, at least one more week. I liked Syesha. I didn't like David Cook. His voice is good, but he makes horrible song choices in my opinion. Archuleta is only going to be in the top 2 becouse all his fangirls nationwide. >>
    beep boop

I only watch the auditions for a few laughs. Other than that I don't watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by ?????? View Post
    C'mon Rave, people embarrassing themselves on national Television? How is that not entertaining?
    That sounds like its the only promising part.

Its a horrid show. Thats all I can say, it also interupts the crap I watch during that time block so why should I bother switching to Fox?

Tbh, despite the amount of talent in the competition, they'll probably just disappear like everyone else who came through AI. Cook's a clone of Daughtry, Archuleta imo, is too repetitive and boring sometimes, despite his good voice and I just don't like Syesha.

Auditions, and the occasional mess-up are pretty much the only entertaining parts of the show.

I am a die-hard American Idol fan.

I loved Danny Noriega, who made the Top 24 this year and got eliminated one week shy of the Top 12.

Right now I'm rooting for Syesha Mercado, because I don't see the the big deal with David Archuleta is.
    The Ballad of the Mountains

Part I

Chapter 2 added

I like David Cook! just my opinion, he rocks! I kind of think he beats Daughtry!
    Power isn't the only key to success... It requires thought and patience...

Generic, trash popularity contest is generic, and trash.

I watch American Idol; I like it.

I thought Jason deserved to leave - in fact, he made it farther than he should have. He only got worse as the competition went on, but he had his moments. Plus... the hair. Ew.

David Archuleta. Hate him. He is good at singing, but I personally hate his voice. It sounds the same every time and he over-sings songs. He has such a stuffed up sound too. The only reason he has made it this far in the competition is because he has such a huge little-girl fan base. If you want an American Idol, pick someone that isn't young, has actually done something with their life, and would have music that would actually sell. Seriously, when his album comes out it will be all Spritual Enlightment music that is trying to give off some message.

David Cook is my favorite in the competition. He truly deserves to be the American Idol. I disagree with your whole Daughtry clone statement. He was more original that Jason was. (Jason was only original because of his ugly image, and lack of musical knowledge.) David always brings originality into his songs instead of singing a copy of the original, and it works for him.

Syesha, I like her better than I do David Archuleta. I would rather have it be her and David Cook in the top two, than David Cook and David Archuleta. I think she is good, but not original enough to win the competition. She has a great bubbly personality that she brings to the stage.

----------------------------

Brooke White was one of my favorites. I was so sad when she left. I liked her voice and style. She has two bad weeks and OH! she gets kicked off. Look at the gay boy from last season with the horrible hair styles, or Jason? Jason should have gone instead of Brooke that week...

.:my future black team:.

Quote Originally Posted by ?????? View Post

After the auditions, the show becomes crappy though.
    Its rigged, they don't accept mediocre people. There is a test before the test, if you are good, you get in, if you are a freak, you do too. And they edit most of it, to make it look as if people are freaks.

I personally hate the show.
    Last edited by Rabid Jigglypuff; 13th May 2008 at 12:16 AM.

I watched american idol ALOT this year and I'm not proud with "Archie" in the final three. One thing I feel he delivers the same thing almost every week and his voice never changes it's the same vocal manipulations and nasal sound sing which annoys the hell out of me. I think he needs time to mature as a vocalist and get used to his Tenor/Baritone voice after having such a beautiful soprano voice before puberty.

David Cook...I have to say is the best rocker I've ever seen on AI. I fell in love with him after his heart wrenching performance of 'The Music of The Night'. That made me love him, yes it took me that long. He has amazing vocal technique and will be a great rocker. His Baritone voice intrigues me alot with the roughness and harshness of it. I hope he is in the final two with Syesha Mercado but, that's a fool's dream

Then there's Syesha the last girl and probably the one to go home this week due to fan bases of the Davids. She's obviously a Soprano with her near whistle register falsetto. However, her deeper chest voice makes her lean more towards a Mezzo. I feel in love with her after her performance of 'Yesterday' it was just amazing

------------------------------------------------

Other favorite.

Carly Smithson - She was probably the best female out of all. Her Alto Voice amazed me with its power. She made me love her after her redition of 'Without You' and at times she sounded like Mariah. I was SO surprised she was voted of after the horrible performances of Jason Castro and Brooke White. Not that I have anything against those two.
    Last edited by Requiem's Eclipse; 13th May 2008 at 12:25 AM.

This is my sig.

If David Enchilada wins is because all the girls like him but in my opinion i think syesha should win.

HEAT TRAINER!

Quote Originally Posted by Rave View Post
    QFT.

Everyone I know loves it, but I can't see why. It's just a bad show.

Quote Originally Posted by manaphy72 View Post
    when i was younger like 5 i thought babies were made by drinking a lot of milk and saying i want a baby

I think the first series was good, the second was a little un-necessary, and... whatever its up to now is completely pushing it. I hope more people realise that the show sucks, and they eventually get rid of it.

Not worth my time, but as much as I love jamaican dreads, that dude with the dreads shoulda been kicked off long ago, BUT GOD NOT THE OLD BIKER CHICK! She was awesome.

-Ray

Michael Johns and Carly Smithson should have definitely not gone when they did. Jason Castro shouldn't have been in the Top 10.

Archie could use a few more years of practice and life experiences, then he'll be ready to be unleashed upon the world.

Cook will win. He will have a catchy hit single. He will still be outsold by Daughtry .
    For all you bashers, it has 33.4 million viewers.

Long live American Idol.

x3
    I'm screaming
    I love you so
    my thoughts
    you can't decode
    ~~~~~~~
    [IMG]http://i36.*******.com/33mphyw.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri View Post

Long live American Idol.
    Which only proves how many unintelligent sheep there are.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri View Post

Long live American Idol.

x3
    Wow, I had no idea, I feel like being a drone and hopping on the bandwagon and taking back all I said about this rubbish last page.

something tells me this thread will be closed soon from flaming. xD

It's funny how people call viewers of American Idol drones or unintelligent sheep for liking a television show. I doubt a lot of people like American Idol because it's "cool" to like it. Anti-conformists make me chuckle.

btw, I wasn't directing my previous post specifically at yall two above me. But your replies are flattering nonetheless.
    I'm screaming
    I love you so
    my thoughts
    you can't decode
    ~~~~~~~
    [IMG]http://i36.*******.com/33mphyw.jpg[/IMG]