Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Strategy With a Smile (547)

^no way, Crawdaunt was still standing in the pics, time ran out though after piplup used that spinning ball to purple breath move..was that bide though?

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    ^no way, Crawdaunt was still standing in the pics, time ran out though after piplup used that spinning ball to purple breath move..was that bide though?
    Yeah, Piplup used Bide to mix with Crawdaunt's Dark Pulse.

This may just be me, but did anyone feel kinda weird seeing a sad Crawdaunt? Looking at past episodes I doubt ANY Crawdaunt would look defeated like in this episode.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Haruka should have win,oh come on you mean Haruka come all the way to lose,will i hope she wins Johto GF.Hikari on otherhand like Combos great win,Someone can point and laugh now.Btw Piplup is stronger than Torchic,so torchic must evolve,because its weak,unlike Piplup which is strong no need to evolve,I can see Hikari all da way.
    Pokemon Magic
    Always NearBY

Latios<>Latias

Does anyone know which move was the first that Glaceon used? I assume it was ice-based, but, must be wrong...
    ***New Signature To Come***

Ice Shard I think
    Teach Glaceon how to use Ice Beam May you douche
    Pokemon Magic
    Always NearBY

Latios<>Latias

People need to stop complaining. We already knew Dawn was going to win.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Quote Originally Posted by JasonChu View Post
    Ice Shard I think
    Where it turned purple? I don't think so. It was like a glowing purple tackle with icy sparkles. Ice Shard was when it breathed icy shards. Could the first be Avalanche? It used it as it ran through Piplup's Bubble Beam...
    ***New Signature To Come***

pretty good episode im just glad i was able to watch it the same day without waiting for the weekend lol

Uh oh.

Dawn beat May?

I don't think we'll ever hear the end of this from the fandom. Experienced Coordinator and2 timer at the Grand Festival loses, even if it was based on points, even if it was close, even if it was with one of her weakest Pokemon to a rookie that's lost her last two Contests? I understand the reasoning for the loss- to give Dawn back her confidence, a 'passing of the torch' as such but this fandom has been known to have something as obvious as that staring them right in the face and for them to ignore it and whine anyway.

I still remember the absurd whinging over May 'beating' Ash in that joke of a battle with Torchic vs. Taillow. :<

Honestly, a Pokemon like Piplup should have fainted with all the damage something like a Crawdaunt could give it while using Bide before it could finish up the move and KO it. Even if the Crawdaunt only used really weak Water moves like Bubble it would be tough. I know first form starters are stronger in the anime than in the games, but c'mon.

And as I've said elsewhere, the win with Dawn seemed very forced. Now all the stuff they'll undoubtedly go through having Dawn lose to Zoey until late in the Sinnoh Saga will seem unrealistic if she can beat someone like May, even in a close match.
    PLEASE feed Farfetch'd sour (yellow) berries!

Wow, I for one cannot believe this... May had Dawn outclassed pretty much everywhere: more combat experience, better Pokemon, and she's not such a whiney pushover. But nooooooo... they HAD to make it so that Dawn wins.

Ugh... That's just ridiculous. May should've creamed her. It would've been at least believable.

Quote Originally Posted by Runty View Post
    Wow, I for one cannot believe this... May had Dawn outclassed pretty much everywhere: more combat experience, better Pokemon, and she's not such a whiney pushover. But nooooooo... they HAD to make it so that Dawn wins.

Ugh... That's just ridiculous. May should've creamed her. It would've been at least believable.
    If you watched the battle you would see that Glaceon at least put up an excellent fight and Dawn barely made the victory.

Seriously it was a great battle, you just have to watch it.

Can anyone post some screenshots?

Well, at least it sounds like May gave Dawn a fight for her life.

This is how I picture Ash's team by the end of the Sinnoh Saga.

Glaceon vs Piplup was an awesome battle,I don't see how anyone could complain about it unless they never seen it.I couldn't guess who was gonna win with such great back and forth action.Dawn wins ,and I'm happy with cause its about time she starts winning.
    Piplup is probably Dawn's strongest pokemon, so it made sense to use it against someone like May...right?!

Btw ,can someone fill me in on what attack glaceon used? It was a tackle with a pink aura around it.Was that return?

Quote Originally Posted by Erutan View Post
    Glaceon vs Piplup was an awesome battle,I don't see how anyone could complain about it unless they never seen it.I couldn't guess who was gonna win with such great back and forth action.Dawn wins ,and I'm happy with cause its about time she starts winning.
    Piplup is probably Dawn's strongest pokemon, so it made sense to use it against someone like May...right?!

Btw ,can someone fill me in on what attack glaceon used? It was a tackle with a pink aura around it.Was that return?
    I saw on Bulbapedia that Glaceon could use Mirror Coat, could that've been it? Sorry, I haven't seen the episode.

This is how I picture Ash's team by the end of the Sinnoh Saga.

What Crawdawnt used dark pulse ? I hope ash sees it and wants to teach it to Gligar...sry about that.
    I glad Dawn won now we just need to go through atleast 3 more contest.
    Manga's I'm up to date with.

Spoiler:- undefined:

Catching up to

Hunter x Hunter
    Battle Tendency
    Eyeshield 21

Ugggh. When Poochama was hit with the first Mirror Coat, points were not taken off. Buuuull.

Power is not everything. Strategy is just as important. The way Dawn used her attacks to block and all was an excellent strategy on her part. May had good strategy, but it just wasn't good enough. Yes, Glaceon was powerful, but so was Piplup. Dawn barely won, anyway. The battle was great for both parties, so just get over it people.

Quote Originally Posted by YukiJadenSurvives View Post
    Ugggh. When Poochama was hit with the first Mirror Coat, points were not taken off. Buuuull.
    Further proving my theory that Dawn is a coniving (sic) cheapskate who only cares about her ego.
    Pokemon: The Theme of Secrets

At long last, I am returning with my Fan-Fic. Just need to find a better host. Blogger has done its course but I need just a little more recognition.

I freaking HATE "Mega" Evolution.

i like when they make it so dramatic as to who won the match but since i knew who won it wasnt really a surprise

Even if it was, no one would tell you...

Keep checking.

While I like the fact that Dawn made her comeback with a bang and that her last wins fill some people with overactive rage, got to admit that with Glaceon, May gave Dawn a chance. It's May's least experienced pokemon and had she used any other, like Venusaur, Beautifly or Blaziken, the match easily would be hers. Dawn using Piplup is totally logical- of course she would have to use her powerhouse against May.

Quote Originally Posted by Aura Guardian88 View Post
    I saw on Bulbapedia that Glaceon could use Mirror Coat, could that've been it? Sorry, I haven't seen the episode.
    Yeah, I think it was Mirror Coat.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Iiii don't get why folks are all "boooo Dawn" over this. -Personally- I felt like May should have won, but it makes sense that Dawn got the ribbon.

-Despite her love of contests, Dawn's an awesome battler,and personally I think Pochama's the "Pikachu" of its breed. Sure it's overpowered, but give it a break. It's the heroin's mon.
    -The battle itself was awesome (though rushed) and Pochama and Glaceon got in an almost even number of attacks each.
    -IIRC, aren't ice attacks ineffective against water types? Maybe that's why Pochama could keep going after so many Ice Shards hit it.
    -She's been on a HORRIBLE losing streak and I'm glad the writers decided to throw her a bone
    -Did you guys see scoreboard? She barely won, I couldn't even see a difference in points. So it's not like it was a complete DEM victory.

Overall I'm happy with it. Sucks that May had to lose, but the writers had to get Dawn back on track somehow.

Also, what was that attack Glaceon used? The pretty pink sparkle attack?

It was a great battle. Fans will complain becuase May could have owned Dawn with Venusaur.
    Total Shinies 233

My DP Team

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast