Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Strategy With a Smile (547)

Quote Originally Posted by Milkyway View Post

Also, what was that attack Glaceon used? The pretty pink sparkle attack?
    I think it was secret power or something like that (not sure if Secret Power has any special effects as it did to Piplup).

I also don't see the problem with Dawn winning. Just because she barely beat May doesn't mean Dawn is automatically the best. In fact it was so close May could have won had she used more appealing moves.

Also May barely beat Zoey and Dawn barely beat Kaito and Dawn barely beat May, Just because Dawn won doesn't mean she's going to beat Zoey the next time they battle or May for that matter.

I just hope the writers don't make Dawn cocky about her win. I don't mind if she get teary eyed everytime she looks at the Aqua ribbon, but I hope it doesn't go over her head.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by YukiJadenSurvives View Post
    Ugggh. When Poochama was hit with the first Mirror Coat, points were not taken off. Buuuull.
    As if the points accounting in contests, including the ones that May won, have ever made complete sense. The writers basically decide who wins, write a interesting battle, then make the points give that result. In some of May's Hoenn/GF battles the points accounting was completely horrid.

This was a much more believable battle than any of Skitty's (and I'm a fan of Skitty) or the infamous Squirtle vs. Ariados battle.

What made it believable for me was that Dawn barely won. It gives her more to work on IMO. Piplup didn't abuse Bide which I know a lot of people worried about.

I'm glad Dawn finally won. I'm not upset she used Piplup because she used her whole team throughout. Ambipom got some good appealing. Buneary wasted a freaking Wailmer which was cool. Pachirisu beat something...Pelipper? If I had to complain, maybe I'd wish Ambipom faced Crawdaunt, so that her whole team got to battle.
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

Quote Originally Posted by Durivan View Post
    As if the points accounting in contests, including the ones that May won, have ever made complete sense. The writers basically decide who wins, write a interesting battle, then make the points give that result. In some of May's Hoenn/GF battles the points accounting was completely horrid.
    Well, how else do you write a story then? Do you basically never plan ahead for anything and just keep writing and hope something tangible come of it? Thought not. Of course the writers have to decide on who wins before they write the battle.

The purple tackle Glaceon used is definitely Secret Power. Out of the three new moves that got added to bulbapedia's page, Ice Shard is kinda easily identified, and Mirror Coat doesn't involve a tackle last time I checked.

I think the battle was really rushed, but it's still pretty good regardless. They really shouldn't have tried to cram three battles in one episode, particularly if they're going to go for close matches. But hey, the battle was really good and if I didn't know that Dawn was going to win the Ribbon, it would've definitely kept me glued to my seat. Though, the final move kind sucked, as I was kinda expecting Piplup to use something dramatic and at least end with a clean hit (since it was at a disadvantage before the last hit I think). Oh well, Glaceon's Mirror Coat not looking smooth is as good a reason for a comeback as any, I guess.
    Coming up soon~ Or maybe never.

Quote Originally Posted by Durivan View Post
    Like when she battled Takeshi. HE got hit like once and lost all his points, she got hit and fell like six times and lost like 1/2.

Piplup Vs. Crawdaunt is the battle people should be complaining about in this ep if anything, not the final battle. That battle wasn't very good.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Piplup Vs. Crawdaunt is the battle people should be complaining about in this ep if anything, not the final battle. That battle wasn't very good.
    I thought I was the only one who noticed that, I was just afraid to bring it up. We already still have people making a big deal out of the last battle. >_>

What was so horrible about the Crawdawnt battle?

It was because Piplup used Bide wasn't it?
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak View Post
    This was a much more believable battle than any of Skitty's (and I'm a fan of Skitty) or the infamous Squirtle vs. Ariados battle.

What made it believable for me was that Dawn barely won. It gives her more to work on IMO. Piplup didn't abuse Bide which I know a lot of people worried about.

I'm glad Dawn finally won. I'm not upset she used Piplup because she used her whole team throughout. Ambipom got some good appealing. Buneary wasted a freaking Wailmer which was cool. Pachirisu beat something...Pelipper? If I had to complain, maybe I'd wish Ambipom faced Crawdaunt, so that her whole team got to battle.
    Meh, I found the appeals and battles as ways to compensate for their previous failures. Like Buneary's fight with Wailmer compensated its defeat against Medicham, Pachirisu's fight with Pelipper compensated its failure against Ambipom, and Ambipom's appeal show that it has developed also.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    What was so horrible about the Crawdawnt battle?

It was because Piplup used Bide wasn't it?
    yeah Piplup used Bide

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard_Trainer88 View Post
    yeah Piplup used Bide
    Well at least it used it in a pretty neat manner.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Episode was certainly great...but I do have to admit it just feels like it moved at a rushed pace. Good battles, it almost looked like it was a tie at the final battle, extremely close. But I'm glad that Dawn has got another ribbon now. May is leaving now which is saddening to know. Hope she reappears again later on.

And the new opening was good. It's not really that bad.

Great episode, here are my thoughts on it.

It's unfortunate that they had to squeeze in three contest battles in one episode, making all of them seem really rushed. I started watching the episode cheering for May, but knowing that Dawn would most likely win it to finally get back on track. Considering the time that the writers had to squeeze the battle in, they gave us one great battle, very dramatic.
    For a sec I thought it was a tie, but I realized that there wasn't enough time left in the episode for overtime, then I saw that it looked like May had 25% of her points and Dawn had 26%. Very close match, I'm glad that they made the margin of victory extremely narrow.
    Final farewells were a bit rushed, but better than the extremely rushed farewells at the end of Battle Frontier. Can't wait for May to reappear again!

In this review, I will b****. I will also swear. And yet, doing those two things will have nothing to do with the outcome of the final battle whatsoever.

First off, making Together slightly less annoying doesn't automatically make me like it. Now then...judging from all the hype Kaito was receiving, I was shocked at how much of a washout his appearances in this arc were. Maybe we were just spoiled by Kouhei and Honoka, both in character and battle treatment. The following two battles were not as rushed, but the overall pacing of this episode was rather jarring, though it's not like I really expected better, given how much they had to cram in here. These writers also must hate saying goodbye to May, as her send-offs are always cut brief.

The good? Nice use of BGM aside from the 8523327154487935th use of Pokemon Symphonic Medley, and whatever your bias in terms of May vs. Dawn, they did a good job of keeping the battle close at all times.

For the record, how long as it been since Dawn obtained her last ribbon? 14 months?

Oh, right. I forgot to explode in a colorful potpourri of profanities in that review.
    F*** Damn ***hole Balls S*** Dattebayo B****face
    There, that's better.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Although it was great seeing Glaceon in action, I think they should have made Glaceon battle against Zoey, and Beautifly go against Dawn.
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes, confirmed.

I thought that the episode was really good. At first May was owning Dawn, but then Dawn came back. After that it was pretty even. After seeing the episode, I don't mind May loosing as much as I did before. The points were so close that it looked like a tie. I'm glad that May's farewell was done better this time around.

This is how I picture Ash's team by the end of the Sinnoh Saga.

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post
    Although it was great seeing Glaceon in action, I think they should have made Glaceon battle against Zoey, and Beautifly go against Dawn.
    Given that Beautifly is one of may's strongest pokemon that would've made people complain even more than they already are doing.--

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    Given that Beautifly is one of may's strongest pokemon that would've made people complain even more than they already are doing.--
    In regards to Beautifly vs. Glameow, what was that attack that had them both electrocuted?

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by uber gon View Post
    In regards to Beautifly vs. Glameow, what was that attack that had them both electrocuted?
    shock wave i do believe.

Quote Originally Posted by uber gon View Post
    Well at least it used it in a pretty neat manner.
    yeah it did look cool im just surprised Bide was used lol been so long since we saw that move since Whirlpool was learned

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    shock wave i do believe.
    yea at first i said it could be Shock Wave but also didn't rule out Discharge because it was blue also

I don't think Glowmeow can learn discharge..

Discharge isn't even a TM.>_>

Yeah, we're never going to hear the end of this argument.

I guess its for the best that Dawn won, maybe she'll stop acting so noobie. And Piplup being in two matches in a row is totally not cool.

What was that Pink move May's Glaceon kept using? And does it know Protect.

Quote Originally Posted by pit-fall View Post
    What was that Pink move May's Glaceon kept using? And does it know Protect.
    Secret Power. And no, it does not know Protect.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast