Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Strategy With a Smile (547)

I wonder if Zoey will be in the next ep? We didnt saw her leaving the group. :/

Click here to feed me a Rare Candy!
    Get your own at Pokeplushies!

Googlepage

~~~Paired with the awesome NES :3 ~~~

Spoiler:- I support:

I call BS.

There is NO FREAKING WAY in HELL that May should've lost against Dawn. It defies any kind of logic whatsoever. Let's have an in-depth analysis, shall we?

Experience:

May - 5 seasons (going by the Japanese intros), which is HALF THE LENGTH OF THE ENTIRE SHOW. She has numerous contest wins under her belt, and powerful Poke'mon to match.

Dawn - 1 season. That's it. Inexperienced, not a single one of her Poke'mon evolving yet. She has a few contest wins, but that is nothing compared to the sheer number of said wins May has.

Poke'mon:

May - Glaceon. Going by the games, which this show VERY LOOSELY goes by, Glaceon has far better stats than Piplup, and THAT'S when they're both Lv.100. Now take into account the fact that Glaceon has had far more training than Piplup, and you have a serious stat difference here. To make matters worse, Glaceon's best at Sp.Def, which makes it even harder for Piplup to damage it using Water attacks.

"But Glaceon is May's least experienced Poke--" no. The fact is, with all of the time she spent training with Ash and winning Poke'mon contests, Glaceon should be FAR more powerful than Piplup at this point.

Dawn - Piplup. Weak stats in general, and far less experience than Glaceon. Doesn't stand a hell's chance in winning unless May just loses it and surrenders.

Now, am I the only one thinking that May losing makes no sense whatsoever? This is the writers' way of crapping all over the fans of the older characters, as well as those who value logic, like myself. There is no way Damn should've been able to win, or come even close to winning, against a seasoned vet like May. At all. Period.

Please excuse me while I go cleanse my brain of this illogical episode...

Quote Originally Posted by Silverevilchao View Post

"But Glaceon is May's least experienced Poke--" no. The fact is, with all of the time she spent training with Ash and winning Poke'mon contests, Glaceon should be FAR more powerful than Piplup at this point.

Dawn - Piplup. Weak stats in general, and far less experience than Glaceon. Doesn't stand a hell's chance in winning unless May just loses it and surrenders.
    Uh wrong, Dawn had Piplup longer than May had Glaceon, no see what your thinking is Eevee, the pre-evolved form of Glaceon.

The fact Dawn had Piplup a lot longer Glaceon is the Point.

You honestly expect me to believe that May had Glaceon, Venusaur and Wartortle and THREE RIBBONS right when Dawn obtained Piplup. I'm laughing my butt off because that's even more illogical then a loss by a single point. May got Glaceon at least a couple of episodes before May cameo'd in the Wallace debut episode(but that's it).

The fact is Piplup appealed better then Glaceon did and did you not also see how Whirlpool backlashed and hit Glaceon at the end right before time ran up?

Now you're like so the fact May had Eevee longer than Dawn had Piplup is a counterpoint with May and Glaceon. Uh wrong again, Glaceon only knows at least one move as it did as Eevee and that's Shadow Ball. Everything else is all new not nearly enough time to adjust to the change of an evolution.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Come to think of it, there was a lot of talk about Glameow when it got out of the water after using Shock Wave. Would anyone be able to translate...or at least paraphrase...please?

You know, I don't think May has really found her own battle style yet. She still battles like Ash. Having Beautifly shoot a Silver Wind in the water to block Glameow's Shadow Claw is totally something Ash would do.
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak View Post
    You know, I don't think May has really found her own battle style yet. She still battles like Ash. Having Beautifly shoot a Silver Wind in the water to block Glameow's Shadow Claw is totally something Ash would do.
    Yeah, I found that interesting.

Anyone think May could theoretically try to do Gyms in Johto? Her team now is certainly strong enough, Blaziken could probably tear through Bugsy alone.

Bugsy, Jasmine (if she's still in Olivine), Pryce...lord knows Cyndaquil did.

She certainly has a team that'd be able to.
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

Piplup was awesome using the twisting action to Bide back the Vacuum Wave.

Shock wave was interesting to see Glameow use, and Psybeam worked well on her. May has come a long way from her days of hating pokemon.

I'm glad Dawn won, we already know May was strong. loved seeing Harley and Drew

I liked this episode

Jessie is so adorable, gotta love that thing she's so Kawaii in her glasses and outfit.
    [IMG]http://i17.*******.com/35kki2r.jpg[/IMG]

1590-1229-4620 (My Friend Code) for Diamond Version.

I know I am biased toward Hikari but...Haruka should have won. The battle was entertaining and is was nice to see that no one was superior over the other, making this battle thrilling ( when you don´t know the ending already ^^") , but knowing that Haruka is much more experienced in Contests leaves this episode with a bitter taste in my mouth...

I think it is true that one Counter-attack by Haruka didn´t make any SHOWN impact on Hikari´s point-bar, but I think the points were deleted off screen...but I´m not sure.

The point bars were spinning like crazy anyway...some lame evading-moves cost the other coordinator 1/16 when interesting attacks or cool counter-moves deleted less points than the others?
    The bar is just a plot device and it doesn´t really matter, it has ever been like that, I know, but this time it really annoyed me. :/

Haruka´s departure wasn´t so bad in my opinion, I liked Beautifly´s battle ( aerial ace, huh? she is a satoshi-clone!!111!1), most of the music, seeing Shuu´s Roserade, the bored Slaking with Haruka´s family, how Hikari reacted when she did win...

overall a nice arc. Nozomi was unnecessary in my opinion and the pacing could have been a LOT better but I still enjoyed the Mikuri Cup.
    4 Generations - 8 Teams - 48 Pokémon - 1 Trainer

I thought this episode was going to be a 4 part May glorification fest, due to their past record with making May overpowered and how they treated Dawn lately. I thought for sure May was going to win and beat Dawn. The writers not only proved me wrong, but proved that they could be unpredictable. This is an amazing show of character development. I guessed they weren't really that biased at all.

And the whining of May fanboys is music to my ears. May does not even belong in Sinnoh. And making May win would not only permanently prove that they are very biased towards May, but also be a waste. May is not even with the group for the D/P saga. And she already has 3 ribbons, what will making May win accomplish? Just add another ribbon for coordinator that is NOT focused that is not even competing in the same region, just because they or the rabid May fanboy group can be happy? And what about Dawn? She has only one ribbon, while Zoey most likely has more than one ribbon, Nando and Kenny have at least 2. The one who needs to catch up is Dawn, who has been in a horrible losing streak before this contest.

And don't start saying crap about Piplup beating Glaceon, or how May is very very experienced. When May got her first ribbon, it was against a very experienced coordinator. Not mention how Skitty beat Dusclops/Houndoom/Jynx and Squirtle beating Ariados. Need I say more? And unlike the latter, this contest was a VERY close close call. I mean the meters on both coordinators were identical. It was THAT close. So it did not make May look inferior.
    Last edited by GreenKirby; 16th May 2008 at 5:53 PM.

Season One Complete!

^ This is coming from a guy who holds a grudge against a character because she insulted Harley's cookies. Take note, everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by TeddiUrsa View Post
    overall a nice arc. Nozomi was unnecessary in my opinion and the pacing could have been a LOT better but I still enjoyed the Mikuri Cup.
    Well Zoey being there just so May beat her was good enough. She didn't have to be here but it was nice to see May be able to beat a rival that Dawn can't beat as of yet.

Although seeing Dawn lose to Zoey in the future would be lame now.

ooh what a cool ep! I'm so happy to see Dawn finally win one, and something big too! Good for her! The battle was really close, and sometimes, even someone as experienced as May can lose to someone less experienced, sometimes how the judges take off points and stuff really comes down to luck, specially since sometimes I feel like some attacks made the other lose more points than they should have XD I think luck is a decent factor in contests so it's perfectly plausable that Dawn could win. Plus Dawn really seemed on the top of her game, thinking quickly and stuff. I think maybe she's really starting to get the hang of contests more, and this tournament was perfect to shake off a lot of that nervousness in her!

They all had very close battles against eachother, so it was all good, I think! Nice to see the three girls getting along so well! And Zoey sticking around till the very end was nice, good show of support! <3 She looks good in the group of twerps...lol. : P

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard_Trainer88 View Post
    yeah it did look cool im just surprised Bide was used lol been so long since we saw that move since Whirlpool was learned
    Yeah, it has been used less lately. Good thing it made a comeback, huh?
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

dawn beat may in the contest by an inch!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    ^ This is coming from a guy who holds a grudge against a character because she insulted Harley's cookies. Take note, everyone.
    No I dislike her because she bashes my favorite pokemon AND the writers have treated her with luxury.

Season One Complete!

Quote Originally Posted by GreenKirby View Post
    No I dislike her because she bashes my favorite pokemon AND the writers have treated her with luxury.
    You must be SO happy she lost then, huh?
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

I'm personally dissapointed more in that Dawn vs. Kieko or whatever his name was battle. However, the Dawn/May battle was good, though on the site it looked like the score was tied, and that May had given Dawn the ribbon to me....
    Hey, I'm Firewater- Steel Gym Leader of the Pokemon Anime Style Battling League
    Check out the PASBL Rules Site to read up on the League, read the Getting Started Thread to learn how to make a team, and stop by our Time Out thread to chat or ask questions.

What was Glaceon's pink attack? Some people were saying that it was Mirror Coat but:

-It was Glaceon who attacked; no attacked were reflected.
    -Mirror Coat was used to send back Whirlpool, and that wasn't pink.
    The Latest Capture

28 / 20 / 26 / 30 / 30 / 31 Timid Southern Island Emerald Latios

FC: 3309 2165 3231

^ Dawn Vs. Kaito being rushed doesn't matter since it was the least important match. The writers made the right decision by giving May/Zoey and May/Dawn more screentime.

I know, because poor Cacturne (or whoever else of Harley's, can't remember), got insulted. lol, don't worry, I'm sure precious Cacturne didn't take it to heart.

i cannot beleive may lost!!! she she of used venasaur... hello grass vs water no contest!!! ahhhh this is just stupid lol but w/e i guess dawn gets her first contest ribbon
    Pokemon Y:
    FC Chris: 0018-2193-5036
    Pokemon in My Safari: Grass Type Safari occupied by Sunkern, Petilil, and Quilladin
    Current Team:
    :658: :663: :695: :686: :681: :715:

>>>>>Come Create Your Own Pokemon Adventure<<<<<

Do any of you find it strange that through that entire battle, Glaceon did not use Ice Beam a single time? Personally, I think that it is just more proof that May was trying to give Dawn all the chance she could.
    The Latest Capture

28 / 20 / 26 / 30 / 30 / 31 Timid Southern Island Emerald Latios

FC: 3309 2165 3231

I thought this episode was going to be a 4 part May glorification fest, due to their past record with making May overpowered and how they treated Dawn lately. I thought for sure May was going to win and beat Dawn. The writers not only proved me wrong, but proved that they could be unpredictable. This is an amazing show of character development. I guessed they weren't really that biased at all
    lolwut? You haven't been watching much shows lately.... it was very well predictable that Dawn could've won for the sake of getting another ribbon. It is still biased since they WANTED to make Dawn win, for again, the sake of another ribbon

Marluxia the level 5 Cherrim!

Yay for Marluxia

I just think if they wanted her to win, she should have at least went with ambipom.

The anime just suck now how the hell did she win there was no way May could lose to Dawn thats just impossible

I just think it was the worst episode ever. May lost to dawn, i mean, is that even possible? I think the writers have just ruined it . First, by taking May out of the show and second having her lose to Dawn. I'm hoping to see May again further in the d/p episodes.
        Spoiler:- friends:

Fan art by Susuko

[br]Click here to feed me Dawn or Misty![br]Get your own at Pokeplushies!

Quote Originally Posted by Kabuto View Post
    I just think if they wanted her to win, she should have at least went with ambipom.
    Might I ask why? If it's because it's evolved don't go there as that logic is flawed.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast