Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: Strategy With a Smile (547)

Sadly, I haven't seen it yet (It's not online yet) but I'm glad Dawn won!

Starliteevee, just because Glaceon has had more experience doesn't really matter, it's how beautiful her moves looked, so Piplup must have looked half a point better!
    this hope is treacherous, this daydream is dangerous.
    ~I've claimed Turtwig~

What, Dawn won?! This is unacceptable. I really her to lose so there might be a chance that she'll turn evil and leave in search for power. But lol, she said "owns", which is an internet phrase.

May could've easily won if she had Glaceon freeze Piplup w/ Ice Beam when it was knock into pool.

I liked this episode a lot. It was nice to see the episode in English and I liked the battle. It was basically you're run-of-the-mill contest with a few twists and turns.
    Naomi Tamura- Ready Go! (Pokémon)

Susume! Susume! Kimi to nana iro no niji koete Onward! Onward! Cross the 7 colors of the rainbow with me.
    Ready go! Motto touku! Ready go! Even farther!
    Kumo wo tsuki nuke sora e ta Go through the clouds to the sky!

I didn't think Dawn's win was at all unbelievable. Dawn and Piplup did well and looked good doing it, May and Glaceon just didn't measure up.

As this was Glaceon's first contest battle since it evolved, I just think that May didn't use her to her full potential. Having a pokemon have its first contest battle after an evolution be in the finals isn't that smart of a move, yet is a very May like mistake.

With different pokemon or under different circumstances May would win more likely then not right now. However this time around the factors were leaning in Dawn's favor and she was able to pull off a win. This acting as if May can't ever have a bad match and lose to a less experienced opponent is just silly.

i'm glad that May used Beautifly against Zoey,but Zoey should of gone with Misdreavus
    <-|-| 0 T (not ash)

This was a superb episode. I really enjoyed it. Best contest battle in my book so far. Ill start off at the begging.

The battle with Piplup and Crawdaunt was neat to me. What got me going was when Piplup was spinning between the Dark Pulse and Biding the power. Thats something unexpected to me as well.

The battle with Glameow and Beautifly was all surprises. What i liked was when Glameow used Shadow Claw to make a water dome around Beautifly. At first I thought it was a simple attack but seeing that, I "Whoa"ed. Also with Shockwave, I "What!?" at that part. Even though Zoey still lost, I still say Glameow did more better then Beautifly...

As for the battle with May and Dawn... theres so much going on there that I dont want to bother writing them down. I think the reason why May lost is because they said that this was Glaceons first Contest Battle. I think I heard that right. Correct me if Im wrong. Piplup was strong is this battle... maybe too strong... Still was an awesome battle though.

Overall, again, best contest battle.

9/10

-
    [IMG]http://i50.*******.com/jb1rmh.jpg[/IMG]
    I claimed Ponyta

I customized these

Good episode.
    It's surprising that Dawn won, but I'm glad she did.
    Dawn only had one ribbon so she really needed to win. May allready has 3 Johto ribbons so it doesn't really matter that she lost.
    8/10
    Last edited by Meowth-Fan; 11th October 2008 at 9:13 PM.

Stop *****ing that Dawn won, who cares. I can't believe people are still going on about how Glaceon has way more experience than Piplup: NOT TRUE. May barely used Eevee before leaving the show, so Dawn and Piplup have easily gained an equal amount of experience. Just leave it alone. Dawn won, get over it. I can't believe people are surprised she won, they wouldn't make her lose three contests in a row.

It was a good episode, although when Wallace said Glameow looked beautiful with shock wave around its body I had to laugh, it looked ugly.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

^i think it's more about the fact that may was a two time GF finalist and having done contest's longer in general that people complain about Dawn beating her as apposed to Piplup beating Glaceon, which had just only evolved prior to the contest so it's understandable why it lost.

I was glad Dawn won as well as she needed it big time.

^i think it's more about the fact that may was a two time GF finalist and having done contest's longer in general that people complain about Dawn beating her as apposed to Piplup beating Glaceon, which had just only evolved prior to the contest so it's understandable why it lost.

This episode was good. Crawdaun’s Surf technique was cool. Ice Shard was rather interesting to see. I found it a little funny how Harley seemed totally uninterested in the final round, but was standing up and glued to the tv at the end. It was nice to see Dawn win a contest as well as Milotic’s Aqua Ring to send the Aqua Ribbon to Dawn.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

The episode was good I enjoyed the battles
    I think its because it was Glaceons first battle that maybe May lost but Dawn did good and Im glad she won her 2nd ribbon. I liked Milotic giving her the ribbon as well
    I liked the scene at the end as well with May, Zoey and Dawn as well

The Glaceon Vs. Piplup battle is my favorite Contest battle of DP. It was pretty action packed, I love that they kept the original BGM for most of it.

I also really liked Beautifly Vs. Glameow too.

Just be glad we didn't see something like Piplup defeating Blaziken...heh.

Quote Originally Posted by kiara911 View Post
    Dawn was bigger than may in one scene. that was just creepy...
    Glaceon: ice shard, secret power, safe gaurd, shadow ball, fifth move still not fair
    FINALLY!! ZOEY IS BEATEN!!
    Zoey lost to Nando in the Hearthorne Contest too

Quote Originally Posted by starliteevee View Post
    WHAT THE FUDGE??!? May should have been an easy winner! Her Glaceon should have owned Piplup! It must have had almost twice as much experience as a coordiantors Pokemon , but it looked like Piplup was just too good. Stupid animators, they made Piplup too strong...Still, the battle was really nice, it's been awhile since I've seen a decent battle.
    The animators didn't do anything, that was the writers fault. Anyway, I think its pretty resonable to have Glaceon lose to Piplup. Ash said that this was Glaceon's first contest. Glaceon gained a bunch of new ice attacks as well as mirror coat upon evolving that May probably didn't have much, if any, time to get the hang of before the Wallace Cup. Eevee was also May's newest catch and it is really young, she didn't really have it much longer than Dawn had Piplup. If Glaceon didn't evolve right before the Wallace Cup started and May actually had some time to train it things might have turned out differently. Also, if May used any of her other 6 pokemon she probably would have won.

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

The battle was rather tense, but I was still satisfied with Dawn winning. It was obviously very close, but she pulled it off.

It was also about time Dawn won a ribbon!
    6 Years Past...

Wonder what attacks can be used as variously as Aqua Ring?
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

I didn't pay attention to this at first, but how could Glaceon run around so much with such little platform room?

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post

True May has been in the Top 8 in two Grand Festival's but the pokémon and the trainer are two different things. However, as you stated, it just evolved which played a part. I just wish people would examine the two pokémon instead of just assuming May wins because she has been in more contests.

Quote Originally Posted by WaterDragon trainer View Post
    I found it a little funny how Harley seemed totally uninterested in the final round, but was standing up and glued to the tv at the end.
    He was just looking at the TV with a normal look, he wasn't not showing interest
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

good episode. Dawn deserved a ribbon.the may vs. dawn battle was intense too.

it needed to be - it was what dawn needed to help her restart her contest awesomeness

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2qnqtyf.jpg[/IMG]
    Looks like I might be here to stay...

PASBL Trainer Level: 4 | 26-12-8 | 77 KO's | 199 TP | 0 SP
    PASBL Referee (C+)
    | Squad | League Table |

[.:Badges:.]
    Reffing Badge
    Onslaught Badge

I do feel bad for May though since she did mention in a past episode that she has been having trouble whenever she went up against her rivals Drew or Harley. Hopefully with enough determination though, she'll make it to the Johto Grand Festival.

First off, I was expecting May to win this hands down; she has plenty of experience in these contests, & that also applies to her Pokemon as well. Then again, Dawn has a completely different way of dodging attacks that's about as innovative as any piece of hi-tech equipment; that was her saving grace that enabled her victory. Still, the fact that she won by just a smidgen came as a huge upset to me.

Also, it's a shame that May can't stay put with the rest of the group...

Ahh I can't help but feel that May has been shorter than Dawn all this time.

It's innocent, perpetuating, why if my eyes don't tear up every time I rub a balloon on my cat, then soil my dress and call me Randy.

What do you call it when you can't think of costumes? Uh a dresser's block?

Dammit Dawn, all that fuss Ash got for overusing Buizel and here I find you and Piplup...youse guys!

What the HECK was that underwater theme?

It's in their eyes, their pokemon, their attacks, the backgrounds!..I'VE GOT BLUE FEVER!

So last-minute Glaceon loses against Dawn's veteran. Believable, right?

Huh. That explains why Wallace has no baggage or pockets what-so-ever. This kind of debunks Pocket Monsters....well, that's why he's a champion.

Now Ash is shorter than Zoey too? This show breaks all the rules!

Well my friends...I have a confession. Don't email me because you're all listed under spam. K, BAI!

8/10 All the girls showed some clever and interesting tricks. The final was the best D/P contest battle. And those good battles really tip over my scale. Even with all that original music I really couldn't care less about the majority of it this time (1. It was lowered 2. Battling pokemon were frowning, 'joyful techno' is irritating) Finally, HOW COULD WALLACE NOT EVEN GET THE HONOR OF BLASTING OFF TR. I hate when they juggle this many characters at once, cameraman James wasn't exploited, and I nearly forgot about Mew 1.5

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post
    I didn't pay attention to this at first, but how could Glaceon run around so much with such little platform room?
    Indeed. I'm surprised May didn't teach Glaceon a good freezing move. Platforms and ice traps over this PEW PEW and dodge/reverse.

Well, I appear to be overpowered by the fact that Gleaceon deserved to lose since Glaceon's first battle was in the Finals. So I'll blame May for no teaching her glaceon better attacks and screwing it's power even though Galaceon's usually have a higher stats then most Piplups. But when I saw the results, I could have sworn it was a tie. I told my sister but she said that Dawn won and she was happy Dawn won! I even went on to Serebii and stared at the picture for five minutes and still couldn't see the difference! I'll get back to my positive side and say that the fight between Glameow and Beautifly was pretty cool, like when Glameow used shock wave through the water.

My fic, Drowning.
    Cye of the Torrent is my bishie.
    Credit to Sketchie of Coronet Designs

So when I first found out that Dawn won, I was pretty much fuming like "How could failatlife Coordinator Dawn lose to May a pretty much contest veternan by now?!" Maybe it was because I had a tendency to dislike Dawn...
    I guess they couldn't have Dawn lose yet another contest or she would probably fling herself over a cliff.
    Another factor was probably the fact that it was Glaceon's first contest battle and May didn't have much time to practice with moves and combinations.
    It still was a pretty intense battle though, except May probably would've won if she had used a different Pokemon.

And man, I had stuck by my belief that Drew didn't evolve his Roselia. But now I can't, because he did D: Gah whatever. It was still cool to see him, Harley(!), and Solidad again, even if only for a brief moment.

d00med n0w

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast