Thread: Triple COTD

Default Triple COTD

You guys, sorry bout the past two days. And next week I have my tests for moving up from middle school, so may I ask someone takes up the COTD for next week. Thanks/

Union Attack
    Spell Card
    Select 1 face-up monster you control. During the Battle Phase this turn, that monster gains ATK equal to the total ATK of all other face-up Attack Position monsters you control. This turn, that monster inflicts no Battle Damage to your opponent, and other face-up Attack Position monsters cannot attack.

Terrible card. Horrible. What is the point. If you have 2 monsters by the time the opponent has summoned something different, you're lucky.

Adv: 1/5
    Trad:0/5

Solar Recharge
    Spell Card
    Discard 1 "Lightsworn" monster. Draw 2 cards, then send the top 2 cards of your Deck to the Graveyard.

Very fast draw card. Very big rarity change. I love it though, its D-Draw for lightsworn, and it will make the game a helluva lot quicker. Eeek.

Adv:4/5
    Trad: 3/5

Art:5/5

Owner's Seal
    Spell Card
    Return control of all monsters on the field to their original owners.

Useless. Brain Control is the only used card, and only lasts until the end of the turn, so terrible

Adv:0/5
    Trad: 1/5 (MAYBE Snatch)

Art:1/5

Art:4/5
    Last edited by cybermew; 16th May 2008 at 6:52 PM.

Union Attack is annoying, I liked this card on the tv show but the fact it can't do any damage is...bad.

Solar Recharge is super-fast Faster then, D-Draw anyway.

DAD is a goner, Lightsworns are gonna kick butt!

I like Owner's Seal, (Yugi uses it, go figure), but its effect isn't good enough on its own, the only good thing I can think of is using it with Grinder Golem.

Nah, I don't think Lightsworn will be kicking butt unfortunately. 1. Its too expensive and 2. The deck takes a certain level of skill and playtime which I don't think can be fulfilled within the week before nationals. Its needs a lot of playtesting to really get it going.

Plus D.A.D seems to have got stronger... it may not rely on the OTK, but with the commonly sided and decked monarchs now played we've gotta worry about field control even more now...

The only good thing about Union Attack & Owner's Seal is that they are used by Yugi. Union Attack isn't really good, while Owner's Seal...is there any good use for Owner's Seal, anyway?

In the manga Owner's Seal seems to be a Quick-Play Spell (I remember it being activated during opponent's turn), if the real version is also a Quick-Play, maybe it will be slightly better........
    Last edited by Shine; 19th May 2008 at 6:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkW View Post
    Nah, I don't think Lightsworn will be kicking butt unfortunately. 1. Its too expensive and 2. The deck takes a certain level of skill and playtime which I don't think can be fulfilled within the week before nationals. Its needs a lot of playtesting to really get it going.
    I use Lightsworn and I've been dueling with it on DMU for a while, so I could say I've had practice with it. xD

But yes, you're right on them being expensive...

You forgot to rate Union Attack's art.
    If you think that "If you [insert activity here], put this in your sig. (Started by [user])" is stupid, put this in your sig. (started by blitzerzero, who may also be known as blitzer, C.C. Blitzer, Atmos Blitzer, AxelleBlitzer, LeonidasBlitzer, Axelle (despite gender), Romanoff Kaiser NEX Blitzer, Violence Thunder Blitzer, and Valkyrie Lupia Blitzer. Yeah, I have many names.)