Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: The Thief That Keeps On Thieving (548)

Quote Originally Posted by ash_forever View Post
    I'm content with this episode. As I've already said a few times before, I hate the word "filler", so let's call this one a normal Pokemon episode without special highlights but jazzed up with some neat and surprising elements.
    How is this episode a filler? Musashi got a new Pokémon for God´s sake! Team Rocket finally sent a Pokémon to Sakaki!

Why do you think this is a filler? Who said so?

The highlight for me was TR´s antics through the whole episode...well, the episode kinda was about TR and Satoshi-tachi only played a supporting role if you ask me.
    4 Generations - 8 Teams - 48 Pokémon - 1 Trainer

Looking back at this, I'm fairly dissapointed that they didn't make a running gag out of YUHNYUHN perching atop Jessie's hair, as if it's length were enough to fool it into thinking those luxurious locks were, in actuallity, a demonic dragonfly of the female persuasion.
    Think of all the immature jokes that could have spawned from it.
    Last edited by Gravy; 20th October 2008 at 12:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravy View Post
    Looking back at this, I'm fairly dissapointed that they didn't make a running gag out of YUHNYUHN perching atop Jessie's hair, as if it's length were enough to fool it into thinking those luxurious locks were, in actuallity, a demonic dragonfly of the female persuasion.
    Think of all the immature jokes that could have spawned from it.
    So it's being called YUHNYUHN now?
    Appropriate.

*~Openly Gay and Proud~*

Yanma was the second pokemon they sent to Giovanni. They gave him Misty's Togepi in Season 1.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Now thats a Piplup i could put up with...I see you Pippi, shakin that ***!

Two Piplup's in the same ep, what were the writers thinking?

you have to admit, the second Piplup was kinda sweet though...Not like the little demon we always see...

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post
    Yes, Yanmega keeps its Japanese voice, and yes, Giovanni's original VA is voicing him again.
    When I heard its voice for the first time I literally thought: "oh my god, this is how Yanmega sounds??" Scared me a bit mind you. That's actually a good thing; Team Rocket finally has a "creepy" pokemon. And to think, this guy goes perfectly with Jessie's overall persona.

Heh, I kind of realized it was Ted Lewis voicing him. As if the previous episode were of any indication (that one trainer that sounded almost exactly like him).

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Two Piplup's in the same ep, what were the writers thinking?
    Wait... two Piplup's? That's strange, I didn't realize Dawn's Piplup was even there. This "Pippy" is much more peppy than his mascot counterpart.

Well... as far as this episode goes, I'm rather pleased with it. One of the funniest things is that this "cotd"'s name was as generic as they come. "Tyler", suits him just fine.

I like how Ash actually mentioned his first capture as being a Caterpie, and not first capture of the region (which is what I was partially expecting). Then again, using that capture in particular makes a lot more sense.

In my mind, when Team Rocket appears, does their motto, grabs Yanma, and goes, I was actually thinking: "what just happened?". It was an odd, yet very effective method of acquiring that Yanma; appear randomly, perform and leave. They'll be so shocked they won't have time to react. In this case, it half worked.

Delibird made his appearance. Despite his last appearance being relatively recent (just under 100 episodes is actually pretty damn recent, in this show at least). You know, I laughed when Giovanni mentions they have a collection of Yanma's. And that little scanning device was pretty neat, with a pokedex voice no less.

Team Rocket, they really have lost it. You know, I think failure has really gotten to them. When they give Giovanni a Yanma, a freakin' Yanma, I honestly wondered if they were thinking this through at all. Not nearly as bad as Togepi, but geez, they really are bad at their "job". Thinking they're getting a reward for a Yanma... oh boy.

Yanma evolving to Yanmega was pretty cool though. Ash was almost like: "wth"?? Yanmega is the ogre dragonfly (or something like that). Yep, pretty self explanatory. That voice creeped me out. Low and demonic sounding. Finally, something Team Rocket gets that's actually worthwhile.

All in all, a very good episode; Yanmega makes it's debut, and we find out just how terrible Team Rocket is at their job, as well as notice that they're really not going to amount to much. Oh, and a Piplup that's actually bearable.

A first in a while.

wait... one thing bugs me. I was hearing this BGM that sounded very familiar from one of the movies. But I'm not sure which one. I know I heard one from movie 9 (the opening credits), but there's another one that I recognize, but I just don't know which movie it's from. I'm thinking it's probably from movie 9, but I ain't to sure. Any help would be great.

~C_L~

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

Quote Originally Posted by ash_forever View Post
    But what I didn't like at all: Yanmega made Chimchar look weak! NO!!!
    It took a direct hit from a decent attack that it's weak against and that somehow makes it look weak? Quite logical, I must say. -_-

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Damn, and I thought Glalie's voice was menacing....Yanmega's is downright demonic. The best voice I've ever heard in the show. Yeah, this episode is one to remember; it's been a long time since Team Rocket did their job. Hope we get to see more Team Rocket-centric episodes like this again.

WOW, this episode was totally awesome! Let me see:

-- Yanma/Yanmega is Team Rocket's second bug pokemon, second 2nd generation pokemon (Wobbuffet), second pokemon caught and evolved in a single episode (Weepinbell/Victreebel II), seventh type (their first (part) flying type pokemon), second pokemon given to the boss (after Togepi), second pokemon weakened by someone else then caught by Jessie (Shellder), first pokemon in the U.S. they got away with stealing (Victreebel I was stolen in Japan). Wow, that's impressive.
    -- I think that had to be the first time Giovanni had nothing negative to say about Jessie, James, and Meowth. At least they finally got him another pokemon, even if he didn't keep it.
    -- How lucky are they that Yanma already knew ancientpower?
    -- How awesome is it that the twerps let Team Rocket get away with it? Well, at least after they weren't able to catch up with them.
    -- I loved Dawn wondering how Team Rocket got so good.
    -- Yay, Delibird! I love that fat little bird.

Overall, awesome episode. I really like that it was a very positive Team Rocket episode, different from what we usually see. We should have these every once in a while. After all the negative episodes they had in Hoenn, at least we've had a lot of good Team Rocket episodes lately.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 11/10 NEW!! 11/13
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

I still think Delibird would have been a great addition to the team. I love that bird.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude View Post
    It took a direct hit from a decent attack that it's weak against and that somehow makes it look weak? Quite logical, I must say. -_-
    Oddly enough, Yanmega is actually extremely weak against that attack. There are gonna be Pokemon out there that'll use moves that'll counter their type weaknesses. Even if they're moves that they can't take very well.

True enough, but the other guy was saying Chimchar looked weak, which doesn't make sense. You're talking about something else entirely...I think. Various events today have me more confused than usual, forgive me.
    Last edited by Geodude; 21st October 2008 at 10:19 PM.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

It was nice to see the Team Rocket's Delibird again. Last time I saw him was, I believe, in a Master Quest or Chronicles episode.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

He was also in the BF episode Grating Spaces.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

good to see yanmega and even better to see him become a main character pokemon (TR is a main character since they appear in EVERY episode), to bad it's awesomeness will be surpressed because of team rocket's blasting off again and again....*5 hours later*... and *gasp* again.

One thing I didn't like about the episode, 2 PIPLUPS! if one attention hogging ball of fluff wasn't enough now we have 2!

I don't want to annoy you but I have to repeat again what I've already asked before:
    btw. Could somebody tell me, what Team Rocket said while standing on top of the hill and looking after Delibird? Unfortunately, I didn't understand every word acoustically, because the dialogue was a bit unclear.
    ASH FOR THE WIN!
    Pokémon veteran since 1999

Words of wisdom from Serebii Chat:
    [01:37] <Brainless> I hate the WORLD.
    [01:37] <Trainer_Trixie> trade your soul on wifi

Quote Originally Posted by wobbanut View Post
    -- Yanma/Yanmega is Team Rocket's second bug pokemon, second 2nd generation pokemon (Wobbuffet), second pokemon caught and evolved in a single episode (Weepinbell/Victreebel II), seventh type (their first (part) flying type pokemon), second pokemon given to the boss (after Togepi), second pokemon weakened by someone else then caught by Jessie (Shellder), first pokemon in the U.S. they got away with stealing (Victreebel I was stolen in Japan). Wow, that's impressive.
    -- I think that had to be the first time Giovanni had nothing negative to say about Jessie, James, and Meowth. At least they finally got him another pokemon, even if he didn't keep it.
    Wow...James stole that Victreebel in the Japanese version? Who'd've thunk?
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

Wait...what?

Victreebel was his he caught, in both versions. They even had a flashback to how he caught it in Here's Looking at You Elekid.

Well this where their first sucessful theft or kind of a theft. I think the writers made it evolve so early so we should't have an other old pokemon there for so long time. The boy didn't need a so strong Yanma yet anyway.

That Delbird doesn't belong to Jessie and James. It is the whole Team Rockets postman and a seperate TR member in the same way Meowth is. They will never give them a Delibird now in fourth gen anyway.
    TO THE STAFF
    I found an error in my username, the letter w.
    Could I please change my name to Shiny Pokemon Lover? P.S I replase this text with a thank you line to the staff member who does it.

Cool so Giovanni would have kept it if they hadnt recieved so many Yanma lately.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    Cool so Giovanni would have kept it if they hadnt recieved so many Yanma lately.
    Doubt it. He wouldn't give them THAT much credit. :P

This is their SECOND delivery to Giovanni. They gave him Togepi in Season 1
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

This is their SECOND delivery to Giovanni. They gave him Togepi in Season 1
    If you want to be really anal, er, technical about it though, Fearow was the one that stole Togepi after being tossed up in the air (thank you, Ash....), and then Togepi kind of landed in Team Rocket's laps. With Yanma they just waited patiently until it was caught in the Pokeball. So, in a sense, this really was their first successful theft that we know of. Just not in the way we expect a theft would work.
    Last edited by Sonic Boom; 24th October 2008 at 7:29 AM.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast