Thread: Tyranitar EV

Default Tyranitar EV

What should i ev train my Tyranitar in? And also could you include a move set for it too?

Your EV training depends on your moveset, so you'd want to decide on a moveset first. The one I use on my Tyranitar is:

Tyranitar
    Sassy nature
    -Rock Slide
    -Crunch
    -Earthquake
    -Thunderbolt
    Two stab moves in the form of Rock Slide and Crunch (Crunch is a special attack by the way) plus another physical move: Earthquake, and another special move: Thunderbolt. My EV spread... what was it now... Oh here it is, it was:
    HP- 252
    Attack- 176
    Sp. Attack- 80
    And some defensive EVs. I care more about HP and offensive stats than defensive stats and speed, but I put the defense and sp. defense there out of laziness (vitamins). On the other hand, if you were to use a set such as this one:

Tyranitar
    Adamant/Impish/Careful/Jolly nature
    -Rock Slide
    -Earthquake
    -Substitute
    -Focus Punch
    These are all physical moves, so a set like 252 HP/252 Attack would work. Or you could use less of one stat and put some Defense/Special Defense in there if you don't want to do all of that EV training.

Tyranitar
    Modest/Bold/Calm/Timid nature
    -Crunch
    -Ice Beam
    -Thunderbolt
    -Surf/Flamethrower
    This would be a special moveset, so 252 HP/252 Sp. attack would be a good spread.

Overall, Tyranitar is a very diverse pokemon. If you don't want to spend a lot of time finding one with a certain nature, just pick the set that would be best suited for that nature.

Claimed Pokemon: Slowbro
    Paired with: SuppYo

thanks.. does this moveset look good for an attack based one?

Rock Slide
    Earthquake
    Body Slam
    Brick Break

Obviously i really like doing damage.. I want like all damage type moves. Would that be good?

Yeah, a set of all physical attacks works.

When I said special moves, that doesn't mean non-damaging moves like Leer or Toxic or Double Team, I meant moves that rely on the Special Attack stat, such as Thunderbolt or Flamethrower. Just in case you didn't understand.

My only criticism with that moveset you have there is that Body Slam will be pretty much completely useless, so you'll be wasting your move tutor for that. You could still use it if you really want it for some other reason though.

Might I suggest T-boah?
    Tyranitar Quiet @Lefties
    252 HP/188 SpA/68 Spe
    ~ Crunch
    ~ Thunderbolt
    ~ Focus Punch
    ~ Substitute

IMO the most effective set that most people aren't always ready for.
    [IMG]http://i25.*******.com/2m7vzfd.png[/IMG]

The purpose of Boah is to obliterate the likes of Skarmory/Blissey competitively, but this one is for in-game use. The set can still work, but it's best to make adjustments according to the rest of your team.

maybe try this.

brave/quiet

crunch
    eq
    rockslide
    surf/flamethrower/t-bolt
    Ruby: 0/8
    Sapphire: 0/8
    Emerald: 7/8
    FireRed: 8/8
    LeafGreen: 6/8
    Diamond: 0/8
    Pearl: 0/8
    Platinum: 7/8
    HeartGold: 16/16 (350/493)
    SoulSilver: 9/16
    Black:
    White:
    White 2:
    Black 2:

FC= 1121 0822 2345

so if i did 252 hp, and then split up attack and sp. attack and had

crunch
    surf
    earthquake
    rockslide

hows that?

Yeah, that could work. The reason I gave it a lot less Sp.attack than Attack was because I wasn't originally planning on using Thunderbolt, but the slot that was there originally was Sandstorm, which obviously was completely useless, and I needed something to kill Gyarados.

So if I had that then how would you split the attack and sp. attack?

Assuming that you're mad rich, you could buy 10 proteins and 10 calciums, which would give it 100 attack and 100 sp. attack EVs respectively. Then you could EV train for would be 28 more attack EVs and 28 more sp. attack EVs, or you could just give it some more defensive vitamins.

Also, you could give it less HP and just give it more attack/sp.attack.

Ok so then what would you suggest if i was poor? How would you split up the EV's with the last 4 moves I listed?

Ok so then what would you suggest if i was poor? How would you split up the EV's with the last 4 moves I listed?

If you're poor, then you just have to do a lot of extra EV training, but still using one of the same EV spreads I gave you last time. Do you have the Macho Brace? That helps a lot. You need to have the Itemfinder, then go into Giovanni's Gym, and stand directly in the spot where Giovanni himself was standing. Then use the Itemfinder and it will dig up a Macho Brace for you. Make your Larvitar hold the Macho Brace while it's EV training- this will double the amount of EVs each pokemon gives to it.

Yeah I do. And i got the 252 HP. So how should I split up the other half between sp. attack and attack?