Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Chim-Charred! (549)

Hybrid View

Default Chim-Charred! (549)

Scorching Chimchar!

On their way to Pastoria, Ash & co. bump into Paul. After having a dispute in how Pokémon should be raised, Ash challenges Paul to a 3 on 3 match which he accepts. However, in this match Ash uses his Chimchar which previously belonged to Paul. Chimchar is understandably angry at Paul due to its prior treatment and intends to win...

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

From what I've heard, it appears as if this episode has no TR whatsoever. 0.o

For the ones who saw the episode, who won? Ash or Paul?

THE END.

Quote Originally Posted by Vavavoom View Post
    For the ones who saw the episode, who won? Ash or Paul?
    paul won the first round and ash won the second round.chimchar used it's ultimate power when it won after that paul left not continuing the match.

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

Quote Originally Posted by Korobooshi Kojiro View Post
    From what I've heard, it appears as if this episode has no TR whatsoever. 0.o
    Nah Gligar gets sweeped up onto TR's Ballon.
    Next part is pretty much the epi.
        Spoiler:- DP081:
    Last edited by Forretress Fan; 29th May 2008 at 5:26 PM.

It's a Forretress, what else needs to be said?
    A video of my friend attemping to jump a fence

You know, there IS a difference between seeing the episode itself and reading a f***ing synopsi. >_>

You don't want to know. Trust me. =P

Current PASBL stats: 12-5-0, 25 KO's, 73 TP. LVL 2 Trainer. B ref (Not reffing at the moment)

"I really f***ing hate you both" -Mozz (In memory of his awesomeness)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonouchi View Post
    You know, there IS a difference between seeing the episode itself and reading a f***ing synopsi. >_>
    Agreed completely.

After having just looked at the episode pictures of the latest RAW episode (Scorching Chimchar) I´m quite nervous now.
    Paul, or better his Pokemon are much much too strong for Ash to compete with. No comment about Gligar (I´ve still been regretting till this day that he caught it...) and Chimchar only won by coincidence (his behavior was singular and it surely won´t be able to repeat it again later! Do not forget this!)
    So without Chimchar´s outrage we would have had to bear another defeat of Ash against Paul: 0-2 !!

You will probably object:
    "He's the hero. Paul's the rival. The hero always beats the rival."
    but
    How in the world will the writers create a plausible plot in which Ash has a really fair(!) chance to defeat Paul (as everyone assumes that this will be the case later on)
    With this obvious differences between Ash and Paul, I see no logical reason why Ash should win someday ! Moreover, any other plot deviating from this fact by, for example, suddenly giving Ash´s Pokemon supernatural power throughout the Shinnoh League in order to beat Paul would be shoody, cheap storywriting, which just can´t be true after all this wonderful D/P episodes so far.

Edit: And, yes, I also share the opinion that Chimchar should have envolved at last! Primarly, not because I´m keen on seeing evolutions but because I´m extremly afraid of having to experience another Johto League and because Ash HAS tominimize this worrying distance between Paul and him! Please, writers, have mercy!
    Last edited by ash_forever; 31st May 2008 at 4:15 AM.
    ASH FOR THE WIN!
    Pokémon veteran since 1999

Words of wisdom from Serebii Chat:
    [01:37] <Brainless> I hate the WORLD.
    [01:37] <Trainer_Trixie> trade your soul on wifi

Quote Originally Posted by ash_forever View Post
    After having just looked at the episode pictures of the latest RAW episode (Scorching Chimchar) I´m quite nervous now.
    Paul, or better his Pokemon are much much too strong for Ash to compete with. No comment about Gligar (I´ve still been regretting till this day that he caught it...) and Chimchar only won by coincidence (his behavior was singular and it surely won´t be able to repeat it again later! Do not forget this!)
    So without Chimchar´s outrage we would have had to bear another defeat of Ash against Paul: 0-2 !!

but
    How in the world will the writers create a plausible plot in which Ash has a really fair(!) chance to defeat Paul (as everyone assumes that this will be the case later on)
    With this obvious differences between Ash and Paul, I see no logical reason why Ash should win someday ! Moreover, any other plot deviating from this fact by, for example, suddenly giving Ash´s Pokemon supernatural power throughout the Shinnoh League in order to beat Paul would be shoody, cheap storywriting, which just can´t be true after all this wonderful D/P episodes so far.

Edit: And, yes, I also share the opinion that Chimchar should have envolved at last! Primarly, not because I´m keen on seeing evolutions but because I´m extremly afraid of having to experience another Johto League and because Ash HAS tominimize this worrying distance between Paul and him! Please, writers, have mercy!
    Uh, so the long-running theme of "gaining strength through training together and maintaining a healthy relationship with your Pokemon" is shoddy, cheap writing for Pokemon? I... don't really think so. Hell, we still have more than half the damn Shinou league to go. It's way too early to say that it's implausible for Satoshi to best Shinji in a realistic manner.

Interestingly, we've seen Satoshi train far more this saga than can ever remember seeing in the past. Which, to me, shows that they're planning on having his Pokemon grow at a slower rate but to an overall higher level. It's not 'bad writing'. 'Bad writing' would be Satoshi suddenly winning against Shinji despite the fact that they're both high-level trainers and Shinji has an arguably more powerful team at the moment. That'll change though, so chill. Have a little faith.

I just saw this episode on Youtube and I thought it was a great episode. Chimchar going berserk was great character development. Also I thought Gligar was hilariously cute in this episode, it is certainly one of my top favorite Pokemon on Ash's team.

I agree with ash_forever where Paul's Pokemon might be too strong for Ash to compete against, I can't even begin to imagine what they are going to be like at the Sinnoh League. I wish Ash would call on Charizard or get Sceptile. But I know that Ash will most likely use the Pokemon he caught in Sinnoh. We will just have to see what the future has to give us.

Overall this was a great episode, one of my favorites by far. It had great character development. I give it a thumbs up.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHolyShoe View Post
    Uh, so the long-running theme of "gaining strength through training together and maintaining a healthy relationship with your Pokemon" is shoddy, cheap writing for Pokemon? I... don't really think so. Hell, we still have more than half the damn Shinou league to go. It's way too early to say that it's implausible for Satoshi to best Shinji in a realistic manner.

Interestingly, we've seen Satoshi train far more this saga than can ever remember seeing in the past. Which, to me, shows that they're planning on having his Pokemon grow at a slower rate but to an overall higher level. It's not 'bad writing'. 'Bad writing' would be Satoshi suddenly winning against Shinji despite the fact that they're both high-level trainers and Shinji has an arguably more powerful team at the moment. That'll change though, so chill. Have a little faith.
    That´s the crux!
    No one may assume that things WILL actually change in a plausible way...
    And that´s what I´m seriously worried about.

I hope, I HOPE you´re right
    ASH FOR THE WIN!
    Pokémon veteran since 1999

Words of wisdom from Serebii Chat:
    [01:37] <Brainless> I hate the WORLD.
    [01:37] <Trainer_Trixie> trade your soul on wifi

Quote Originally Posted by ash_forever View Post

but

Look, if Chimchar didn't have his uncontrollable blaze on Ash would of been 0-2. The match ups favored Paul. Paul used an evolved form of Gliscor against Ash (big surprise) and Ursaring against a Chimchar. I agree with you that Paul's pokemon seem to be a higher level than Ash's. We will see about that at the end though. Both of Paul's pokemon are fully evolved while Ash's should evolve at least once. At the end you will see at the very least Ash's Staravia turn into a Staraptor and Buziel into a Floatzel as well. This team will be the strongest team Ash will have going into the championships.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJumpsuit1 View Post
    Look, if Chimchar didn't have his uncontrollable blaze on Ash would of been 0-2. The match ups favored Paul. Paul used an evolved form of Gliscor against Ash (big surprise) and Ursaring against a Chimchar. I agree with you that Paul's pokemon seem to be a higher level than Ash's. We will see about that at the end though. Both of Paul's pokemon are fully evolved while Ash's should evolve at least once. At the end you will see at the very least Ash's Staravia turn into a Staraptor and Buziel into a Floatzel as well. This team will be the strongest team Ash will have going into the championships.
    Plus there is the chance that Ash could use his reserves against Paul during the league that have strength AND experience on their side.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Thumbs up

The episode was pretty good overall.
    Back into Pokemon now! Active again on the forums since December 28, 2012

i have no idea Vavavoom i just hope its ash

Did anyone evolve? Does Paul have any new Pokemon?

**Rank Up!!

Quote Originally Posted by aipom1234 View Post
    Did anyone evolve? Does Paul have any new Pokemon?

**Rank Up!!
    I remember times when he always got some new Pokemon, and I hope he will release some of his team thinking they are too weak and get some new...

Quote Originally Posted by ashds View Post
    i have no idea Vavavoom i just hope its ash
    What i read on bulbagarden it ended up as a draw....AGAIN!
    This is what Dogasu said what happends in the epi on bulbagarden:

- Seeing Hikari order Satoshi's pokemon around is weird o_O

- This episode succeeds in making Gligar look super-cute.

- Looks like Shinji's trying to capture a wild Drapion...but Gligar accidentally prevents him from doing so.

- Eleboo seems happy to see Pikachu...

- And now Shinji's making fun of Satoshi for losing the Mikuri Cup.

- Shirona flashback

- Hikari uses Coin Toss to decide who will go first in the battle between Satoshi and Shinji.

- Potchama's riding on top of Hikari's head...it really IS trying to be the next Pikachu, huh?

- Shinji's Glion defeats Satoshi's with Gligar Guillotine.

- That headbutt looks PAINFUL.

- Hikozaru's eyes roll back into its head before it goes all super crazy.

- And now it's set the forest of fire. Potchama and Buoysel put it out, though.

- Nice use of AG Movie 01 music

- Wow...Hikozaru just bit the hell out of Satoshi's shoulder.

- And now Hikozaru's all better after hugging it out with Satoshi

Yay for the draw. >>

Quote Originally Posted by Satoshifangirl View Post

- Hikari uses Coin Toss to decide who will go first in the battle between Satoshi and Shinji
    Finally! : D I'm glad she started using it. Thanks, Satoshifangirl :3.

THE END.

not that i know of aipom1234 the only pokemon of paul's i saw in the peview was Gliscor and Ursaring

I hope this episode comes on internet soon, I really want to see it!

Forest Fire!? Whole Lotta Trouble now!

Serebii.net isn't showing up for me, it keeps 'Cannot Find Server'.

Well, it was not the 'official' draw, match didn't end. Gliscor defeated Gligar and Chimchar went crazy and OHKO Ursaring. When things slowed down a bit, Paul just left.

Quote Originally Posted by Polifem View Post
    Well, it was not the 'official' draw, match didn't end. Gliscor defeated Gligar and Chimchar went crazy and OHKO Ursaring. When things slowed down a bit, Paul just left.
    Actually look back at Ash vs. Reiji Ash won even though Reiji still had Swalot on his team. Some battles are only battles with one Pokemon vs one Pokemon even though they can use two.

So Paul only used Gliscor vs Gligar, he won that so Gliscor was recalled.
    Ash's Chimchar beat Ursaring so Ash won that battle, resulting in a tie.

Though I can't say for sure if it was that kind of battle or not but sometimes battles are just like that.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Does anyone have some episode pics?
    I really can't wait too see it!

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast