Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Chim-Charred! (549)

Great episode. Chimchar looked completely scary. That's something you would see in nightmares. It's great to know how Chimchar clearly sees Paul as he tried to attack him with flame wheel. This episode also made me fall in love with gligar. It's lovable!

I liked it, especially the Fact that TR was barely in it, we need more episodes like that, but I think Chimchar lit a fire under Gligar ( no Pun intended ), I think it's inspired now to become a great battler

DANG!

Chimchar in 'Raging Blaze' Mode scared me completely! Not exactly 'scare' scare, but just he fact that you've never seen Chimchar like that ever. The fact his eyes rolled backwards before just... snapping... just made me so sorry for him regardless of that temporary power boost...

After having just looked at the episode pictures of the latest RAW episode (Scorching Chimchar) I´m quite nervous now.
    Paul, or better his Pokemon are much much too strong for Ash to compete with. No comment about Gligar (I´ve still been regretting till this day that he caught it...) and Chimchar only won by coincidence (his behavior was singular and it surely won´t be able to repeat it again later! Do not forget this!)
    So without Chimchar´s outrage we would have had to bear another defeat of Ash against Paul: 0-2 !!

You will probably object:
    "He's the hero. Paul's the rival. The hero always beats the rival."
    but
    How in the world will the writers create a plausible plot in which Ash has a really fair(!) chance to defeat Paul (as everyone assumes that this will be the case later on)
    With this obvious differences between Ash and Paul, I see no logical reason why Ash should win someday ! Moreover, any other plot deviating from this fact by, for example, suddenly giving Ash´s Pokemon supernatural power throughout the Shinnoh League in order to beat Paul would be shoody, cheap storywriting, which just can´t be true after all this wonderful D/P episodes so far.

Edit: And, yes, I also share the opinion that Chimchar should have envolved at last! Primarly, not because I´m keen on seeing evolutions but because I´m extremly afraid of having to experience another Johto League and because Ash HAS tominimize this worrying distance between Paul and him! Please, writers, have mercy!
    Last edited by ash_forever; 31st May 2008 at 4:15 AM.
    ASH FOR THE WIN!
    Pokémon veteran since 1999

Words of wisdom from Serebii Chat:
    [01:37] <Brainless> I hate the WORLD.
    [01:37] <Trainer_Trixie> trade your soul on wifi

Quote Originally Posted by Lishus13 View Post
    Can I ask....

When Electabuzz and Paul met up with the twerps, why did Pikachu and Turtwig get positive recognition from Electabuzz? Excuse me, I haven't been following the season very throughly!
    Something back at Veilstone City...I can't remember what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by ash_forever View Post
    After having just looked at the episode pictures of the latest RAW episode (Scorching Chimchar) I´m quite nervous now.
    Paul, or better his Pokemon are much much too strong for Ash to compete with. No comment about Gligar (I´ve still been regretting till this day that he caught it...) and Chimchar only won by coincidence (his behavior was singular and it surely won´t be able to repeat it again later! Do not forget this!)
    So without Chimchar´s outrage we would have had to bear another defeat of Ash against Paul: 0-2 !!

but
    How in the world will the writers create a plausible plot in which Ash has a really fair(!) chance to defeat Paul (as everyone assumes that this will be the case later on)
    With this obvious differences between Ash and Paul, I see no logical reason why Ash should win someday ! Moreover, any other plot deviating from this fact by, for example, suddenly giving Ash´s Pokemon supernatural power throughout the Shinnoh League in order to beat Paul would be shoody, cheap storywriting, which just can´t be true after all this wonderful D/P episodes so far.

Edit: And, yes, I also share the opinion that Chimchar should have envolved at last! Primarly, not because I´m keen on seeing evolutions but because I´m extremly afraid of having to experience another Johto League and because Ash HAS tominimize this worrying distance between Paul and him! Please, writers, have mercy!
    Uh, so the long-running theme of "gaining strength through training together and maintaining a healthy relationship with your Pokemon" is shoddy, cheap writing for Pokemon? I... don't really think so. Hell, we still have more than half the damn Shinou league to go. It's way too early to say that it's implausible for Satoshi to best Shinji in a realistic manner.

Interestingly, we've seen Satoshi train far more this saga than can ever remember seeing in the past. Which, to me, shows that they're planning on having his Pokemon grow at a slower rate but to an overall higher level. It's not 'bad writing'. 'Bad writing' would be Satoshi suddenly winning against Shinji despite the fact that they're both high-level trainers and Shinji has an arguably more powerful team at the moment. That'll change though, so chill. Have a little faith.

Quote Originally Posted by firestar319 View Post
    Great episode. Chimchar looked completely scary. That's something you would see in nightmares. It's great to know how Chimchar clearly sees Paul as he tried to attack him with flame wheel. This episode also made me fall in love with gligar. It's lovable!
    Um...he didn't clearly see Shinji, he attacked Satoshi as well.

I just saw this episode on Youtube and I thought it was a great episode. Chimchar going berserk was great character development. Also I thought Gligar was hilariously cute in this episode, it is certainly one of my top favorite Pokemon on Ash's team.

I agree with ash_forever where Paul's Pokemon might be too strong for Ash to compete against, I can't even begin to imagine what they are going to be like at the Sinnoh League. I wish Ash would call on Charizard or get Sceptile. But I know that Ash will most likely use the Pokemon he caught in Sinnoh. We will just have to see what the future has to give us.

Overall this was a great episode, one of my favorites by far. It had great character development. I give it a thumbs up.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamefreak501 View Post
    I just saw this episode on Youtube and I thought it was a great episode. Chimchar going berserk was great character development. Also I thought Gligar was hilariously cute in this episode, it is certainly one of my top favorite Pokemon on Ash's team.

I agree with ash_forever where Paul's Pokemon might be too strong for Ash to compete against, I can't even begin to imagine what they are going to be like at the Sinnoh League. I wish Ash would call on Charizard or get Sceptile. But I know that Ash will most likely use the Pokemon he caught in Sinnoh. We will just have to see what the future has to give us.

Overall this was a great episode, one of my favorites by far. It had great character development. I give it a thumbs up.
    Well, I would be kind of mad if Ash called upon Charizard or Sceptile to defeat Paul. To me, that would be like...it would be like cooking a cake for three hours just to throw it away. He has been training with Buizel, Turtwig, Staravia, Pikachu, Chimchar, and Gligar for quite some time now. Although I do hope they evolve some more, I think that THEY are the ones who deserve to beat Paul down into the ground. I know that they would provide a challenge to Paul, but to Sceptile and Charizard, he is just another trainer. To Ash's current Sinnoh team, he is the arrogant jerk that Ash knows all too well.

~*~Made by Me~*~

I agree more or less with the poster above . . . except I would like to see more of Sceptile. I really think they held off evolving it for too long, by the time they finally let it, it was too late in the BF to really show off what it could do. I'm not seeing they should have evolved it right away, but an evolution at the Hoenn League or even the early BF would have been much better, I think.
    PLEASE feed Farfetch'd sour (yellow) berries!

Quote Originally Posted by Isis-sama View Post
    I agree more or less with the poster above . . . except I would like to see more of Sceptile. I really think they held off evolving it for too long, by the time they finally let it, it was too late in the BF to really show off what it could do. I'm not seeing they should have evolved it right away, but an evolution at the Hoenn League or even the early BF would have been much better, I think.
    i think it was fine i liked Grovyle wether he evolved or not

That is why I want Ash to bring back Sceptile for a while. To show it off more. It deserves to show what it can do. But now that I think about it Ash's Sinnoh Team deserves to show Paul what they are made of. Then again I would like to see how Paul would react to Charizard, Sceptile, Swellow and all of Ash's other powerful Pokemon.

I've always been a fan of AshxGligar but ever since I've seen this episode, I've been extremely pleased with Gligar's reactions. I never knew it was a crybaby...

Gligar was interesting in this episode, I didn't expect its 'crybaby' attitude, but I think it works quite well.

Also, I'm glad that we're getting to see a bit more of Chimchar, I'm sure that this event will be very important with it coming to terms with its past and eventually defeating Paul.
    Joshehh
    Pearl = Joshh : 0645 3400 0941

Funny...the episode is dedicated to Chimchar, but people seem to care more about Gligar...not that I'm complaining.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

but

Look, if Chimchar didn't have his uncontrollable blaze on Ash would of been 0-2. The match ups favored Paul. Paul used an evolved form of Gliscor against Ash (big surprise) and Ursaring against a Chimchar. I agree with you that Paul's pokemon seem to be a higher level than Ash's. We will see about that at the end though. Both of Paul's pokemon are fully evolved while Ash's should evolve at least once. At the end you will see at the very least Ash's Staravia turn into a Staraptor and Buziel into a Floatzel as well. This team will be the strongest team Ash will have going into the championships.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJumpsuit1 View Post
    Look, if Chimchar didn't have his uncontrollable blaze on Ash would of been 0-2. The match ups favored Paul. Paul used an evolved form of Gliscor against Ash (big surprise) and Ursaring against a Chimchar. I agree with you that Paul's pokemon seem to be a higher level than Ash's. We will see about that at the end though. Both of Paul's pokemon are fully evolved while Ash's should evolve at least once. At the end you will see at the very least Ash's Staravia turn into a Staraptor and Buziel into a Floatzel as well. This team will be the strongest team Ash will have going into the championships.
    Plus there is the chance that Ash could use his reserves against Paul during the league that have strength AND experience on their side.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by Gamefreak501 View Post
    But now that I think about it Ash's Sinnoh Team deserves to show Paul what they are made of.
    Exactly. If Ash beat Paul with his older Pokemon, like some people here seem to want, it would prove exactly nothing. Right now, Paul thinks Ash's Sinnoh Pokemon are weak and useless. If Ash beat him with his other Pokemon, Paul would still think Ash's Sinnoh Pokemon are weak and useless, and he would think Ash was stupid for not using his other Pokemon in Sinnoh. So there's no reason for Ash to do that.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHolyShoe View Post
    Uh, so the long-running theme of "gaining strength through training together and maintaining a healthy relationship with your Pokemon" is shoddy, cheap writing for Pokemon? I... don't really think so. Hell, we still have more than half the damn Shinou league to go. It's way too early to say that it's implausible for Satoshi to best Shinji in a realistic manner.

Interestingly, we've seen Satoshi train far more this saga than can ever remember seeing in the past. Which, to me, shows that they're planning on having his Pokemon grow at a slower rate but to an overall higher level. It's not 'bad writing'. 'Bad writing' would be Satoshi suddenly winning against Shinji despite the fact that they're both high-level trainers and Shinji has an arguably more powerful team at the moment. That'll change though, so chill. Have a little faith.
    That´s the crux!
    No one may assume that things WILL actually change in a plausible way...
    And that´s what I´m seriously worried about.

I hope, I HOPE you´re right
    ASH FOR THE WIN!

That´s the crux!
    No one may assume that things WILL actually change in a plausible way...
    And that´s what I´m seriously worried about.

I hope, I HOPE you´re right

The thing is...this is Pokémon. Many,many, MANY battles are won by crazy stunts which aren´t very logical and are just written like that so that Ash/May/Dawn can win.

Look at Ash´s battle with regice. The was fully healed due to rest and pikachu knocked it out with ONE volttackle? You didn´t have a problem with that back then. Even IF Ash will win against Shinji in such a cheap way, what would be different?

By the way, Ash still has only 3 badges, the region isn´t even half over and you are acting like Ash´s Pokemon won´t have any development from now on at all.

You have to realise how the anime works. it has been TEN years, how difficult can it be?
    4 Generations - 8 Teams - 48 Pokémon - 1 Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by TeddiUrsa View Post

Look at Ash´s battle with regice. The was fully healed due to rest and pikachu knocked it out with ONE volttackle? You didn´t have a problem with that back then. Even IF Ash will win against Shinji in such a cheap way, what would be different?

Objection! By no means you can compare DP with any other previous saga!
    Although I have loved Pokemon from its beginning on, DP again exceeds everything precendent because of its improvements in maturity and story-writing
    So it simply must be excluded that the aforementioned scenario could happened!
    Let´s hope the very best!
    ASH FOR THE WIN!

Objection! By no means you can compare DP with any other previous saga!
    Although I have loved Pokemon from its beginning on, DP again exceeds everything precendent because of its improvements in maturity and story-writing
    So it simply must be excluded that the aforementioned scenario could happened!
    Let´s hope the very best!
    If you love Pokémon so much, stop doubting and try being rational about the anime and its history. sure, dp´s storytelling is better than ever and the writers seem to have a much better plan for the whole saga ( I still think the league will be rushed like always no matter what) but it isn´t that different from the old formula.

When the fire monkey ( of any stage, I don´t want to hope for infernape, but it could happen) will beat Shinji´s team in the end in the league you will be please, I am sure of that.

That being said...I don´t like monkey. any of them, especially primates, but chimchar sneaks into my heart with its little burning bum....it is frightening...^^
    4 Generations - 8 Teams - 48 Pokémon - 1 Trainer

Well, it WAS a coincedence that Chimchar beat Ursaring, but Brock DID mention (in the raw version) that it was Blaze, (Mozu) so at least it used it's innate ability to beat it, and it was not all luck.

And another thing: Paul's training methods are what will do him in in the Sinnoh League. It's not that unpredictale, and if Paul treated his Pokemon with love and respect like Ash does, he would be unstoppable.

Chimchar was so Physco. If I were Ash I would have got Pikachu to zap

Quote Originally Posted by Ancax View Post
    Well, it WAS a coincedence that Chimchar beat Ursaring, but Brock DID mention (in the raw version) that it was Blaze, (Mozu) so at least it used it's innate ability to beat it, and it was not all luck.

And another thing: Paul's training methods are what will do him in in the Sinnoh League. It's not that unpredictale, and if Paul treated his Pokemon with love and respect like Ash does, he would be unstoppable.
    If Paul treated his Pokemon with love and as friends, he wouldn´t be better because training methods of both Paul and Ash are mutually exclusive.
    You can´t be that rude like Paul AND train your Pokemon with respect and love
    ASH FOR THE WIN!

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast