Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: Chim-Charred! (549)

I usually dont dislike filler episodes, but this was one of the worst. Chimchar looked really scary in it o.O And i though it was just too little that happeed (looked at 12 pages of pictures and nothing really happened there -_-)
    I liked Gligar in it though xD seeing his scared of Gliscor!

Quote Originally Posted by Ancax View Post
    Well, it WAS a coincedence that Chimchar beat Ursaring, but Brock DID mention (in the raw version) that it was Blaze, (Mozu) so at least it used it's innate ability to beat it, and it was not all luck.

And another thing: Paul's training methods are what will do him in in the Sinnoh League. It's not that unpredictale, and if Paul treated his Pokemon with love and respect like Ash does, he would be unstoppable.
    There's an issue with this. Other than Chimchar, Paul hasn't been shown treating any of his other Pokemon cruely. He may not show the outware affection that Ash does for his Pokemon, but there's no actual evidence that he's mistreated any of them. In the long run, though, it saddens me to realize that Paul will eventually lose to Ash, only for the sake of plot. There's no reason why Paul shouldn't be progressing as a trainer, and I honestly think the writers are being unfair to him by setting him up in such a way. His style of training is perfectly legit.

As for the episode, I can't say I enjoyed the battle segments too much. I really dislike Pokemon that have to rely on their ability as a crutch, and that seems like Chimchar is nearing that point. There's no reason for it to be such a horrible combatant in every other situation. I do hope that the next five badges show increased ability for most of Ash's Pokemon; only Buizel and Pikachu (and to a very light extent, Turtwig) seem actually competent.

Quote Originally Posted by Bliksem View Post
    There's no reason for it to be such a horrible combatant in every other situation.
    How exactly do you consider that to be the case? You act as if it's lost every single battle it's ever been in.
    Quote Originally Posted by MonferNOES! View Post
    I usually dont dislike filler episodes, but this was one of the worst. Chimchar looked really scary in it o.O And i though it was just too little that happeed (looked at 12 pages of pictures and nothing really happened there -_-)
    So obvious character development for both Chimchar and Gligar is nothing?

And why do people insist on using the word "filler" as much as possible for episodes that clearly aren't? That's getting really annoying. (take the hint, people)

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

agreed!

As I´ve already said in the "Luxray Vision" thread:

If you could only avoid this horrible expression "filler": EVERY Pokemon episode does make sense, so I can´t see a reason for using this contemptuous word which makes you think that the episode was just shoddy and not worth being watched
    ASH FOR THE WIN!
    Pokémon veteran since 1999

Words of wisdom from Serebii Chat:
    [01:37] <Brainless> I hate the WORLD.
    [01:37] <Trainer_Trixie> trade your soul on wifi

I was rewatching this episode today and I saw the Gliscor and Gligar battle! Now why in the world did Ash command Gligar to go head on with Gliscor when he was using Guillotine! That incident reminded of Charizard using Seismic Toss on Brandon's Dusclops!

Does anyone know what the name of the BGM used in the "battle" just after Hikozaru goes crazy?

Whoa...Chimchar had to get mad after it was almost killed.

Surfing through the waves, diving deep into the sea,
    playing along the beach, having fun all day long.

Just imagine Chimchar gets angry at Paul because of how he did release it.

He did get mad at Paul, hence one reason why it happened.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Quote Originally Posted by Vavavoom View Post
    For the ones who saw the episode, who won? Ash or Paul?
    paul won the first round and ash won the second round.chimchar used it's ultimate power when it won after that paul left not continuing the match.

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

English name: Chim-charred....

Thats what the Dub title thread is for.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Thats what the Dub title thread is for.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

i loved how chimchar went nuts on paul in this ep! definitely an episode to remember

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2qnqtyf.jpg[/IMG]
    Looks like I might be here to stay...

PASBL Trainer Level: 4 | 26-12-8 | 77 KO's | 199 TP | 0 SP
    PASBL Referee (C+)
    | Squad | League Table |

[.:Badges:.]
    Reffing Badge
    Onslaught Badge

I greatly despise those who hurt others feelings and Paul doesn't have any!

That's what makes him awesome.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

This is true - and that is all

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2qnqtyf.jpg[/IMG]
    Looks like I might be here to stay...

PASBL Trainer Level: 4 | 26-12-8 | 77 KO's | 199 TP | 0 SP
    PASBL Referee (C+)
    | Squad | League Table |

[.:Badges:.]
    Reffing Badge
    Onslaught Badge

I can't wait for this episode. This might be one of the best DPBD episodes yet.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post
    That's what makes him awesome.
    The fact that his heart is poisoned with darkness. Is that it?

He thought treating a Pokemon would tirn it into a non-obeying slacker. That's what it sas in his bulbapedia profile.

He should have learned it was a trainer's lack of experience that does that.

I find Paul to be one of the worst Pokemon trainers to be meeting. He's rude, disrespectful, and even mocks those that seem inferior to him. He'll even go so low as to mock a Gym Leader (like he did with Maylene). All he cares about is power, and he'll release any of his Pokemon that don't meet his goals.

With Chimchar now being Ash's Pokemon, and his team getting stronger and stronger, it's only a matter of time before Ash finally shuts up Paul and his arrogant ways. Who knows, maybe those two will finally settle this conflict during the Sinnoh League Championships.

You people need to stop complaining. Yes Paul is all of the above, but that is what makes him good. He is actually DIFFERENT.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

I kinda like Paul, he seems to be a more modern pokemon player incarnate, cause if you've ever played a pokemon game, you most likely have done what paul's done, releasing uneeded pokemon, only bothering to catch the strongest one you can find, etc.

In this episode however it seemed we got 2 surprises, we saw just how psycho chimchar is, and 2 we saw that if Ash is EVER going to beat Paul he needs a MAJOR power boost cause right now his pokemon would'nt stand a chance

Seriously, Paul does what every trainer in the games does, yet you complain. Hypocritical.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by pokeguru View Post
    I greatly despise those who hurt others feelings and Paul doesn't have any!

Paul just flat out doesn't care. It was obvious that Paul didn't care when he dumped Chimchar in front of Ash. All of those horrible flash backs Chimchar had in Tears For Fears of Paul treating it like dirt.
    All of those things lead me to believe that Paul grew up without having any feelings unlike Reggie who has some feelings.
    It's a good thing that Ash decided to take Chimchar before it went back into the forrest. At least he gave Chimchar some much needed help with its self-esteem issues.

Yeah Paul's kinda heartless. Ash cares about his Pokémon's feelings more than he does his battling which must be alot since he's so good heheh. Chimchar was just torn to pieces when Paul released him but Ash picked his feelings up by 'adopting' him partly out of pity
    Signature? Signatures are for drunk hobos O_O

[CSS-DIV="background-image:url('http://i.cnn.net/cnn/SPECIALS/2001/trade.center/images/main.bin.jpg')";font-size:"16pt";color:#FFFFFF]PRAISE ALLAH!!![/CSS-DIV] I see... CSS doesn't work... pity..

PRAISE ALLAH!!!

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast