Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: Chim-Charred! (549)

Good episode, one of the best so far in BD

I'm surprised that with the rage comments, people don't realize that Chimchar attacked Ash before he attacked Paul.

I loved this episode.

It shows Chimchars real power, and some more info on why Paul is just plain...Paul. I think Paul might be chaning for the better. He just so far gave Ash a statement about battling another time, and Ash did feel satisfied. This might begin showing the good side of Paul, and he'll be a better rival.

Anyone agree or disagree?

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

Like what Brock said. When Chimchar released it's true.(lol Naruto).

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

Paul didn't seem like he had a point or any direction in that little feud of theirs.
    I knew about Blaze, but I didn't know it meant going into a berserk state.
    Can't wait to see Chimchar's development, and I thought I saw some
    envy from Paul. (I know I'd feel regretful)
    FC - 4339-3819-1503
    Safari Type is Bug

I couldn't imagine how Chimchar got his power so easily with that stronger Hammer Jack, or whatever.

Twitter @TrainerTrevino

????huh?????
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes, confirmed.

When Chimchar will be able to control his true power, I bet Paul will come back to ash and ask for a trade. Or maybe he'll even be stubbern to do that.
    Cacturne, The One and The Only!!!

Credit to LASL for this amazing banner!!

Credit to Gladeshadow!!

In the Turtwig episode did Chimchar control it's power?

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post
    ????huh?????
    What I mean is that I wanted to know how he got his true Power by a strong attack that made contact with Chimchar, and suddenly he got his Blaze ability.

Twitter @TrainerTrevino

Talk about uncontrollable fire power. Chimchar just tell out an all out berserk attack.... not much to say....only it was a great episode

*lost in thoughts*

8/10
    [IMG]http://i50.*******.com/jb1rmh.jpg[/IMG]
    I claimed Ponyta

I customized these

Hmmmmm. I'd give it, an 8.5/10. It was strange how uncontrollable that flame was. But, the dub title was just flat out lame. That's how I see it.

~Ayra~
    "I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevent, it is what you do with the gift of life, that determines who you are." -Mewtwo
    "The only thing we can be is ourselves, we can't be someone else, and someone else can't be us." -Kelly Smith
    3DS FC 1048-8196-8009
    Type:Flying
    Spearow, Woobat, Hawlucha
    ^Click to go to my Ribbon Sprites thread, in need of some ideas^
    Currently working on:
        Spoiler:- Ribbons I'm working on:
    [img]http://i44.*******.com/23t2pg8.png[/img]
    Credit to AWildMew for the Shinjoh Connection userbar

I loved this episode because it reminds me of what Cyndaquil tried to do in that old Johto ep with Skarmory's debut, but it never went this far.

Chimchar seems to be done better.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    I loved this episode because it reminds me of what Cyndaquil tried to do in that old Johto ep with Skarmory's debut, but it never went this far.

Chimchar seems to be done better.
    Didn't quite make that connection. Of course, this was before any of these "abilities" existed, so that would attribute it.

To think, I just watch this episode about an hour ago. Good lord, I really gotta rethink my schedule....

Anyways, before I go into my mild talk about the eppy in question, my first little thing that, I never thought would occur:

Brock: "Guillotine's a move that, if it heads, is always going to be an instant KO".

Now, look back at every other time a OHKO move has been used in the past; was it ever a real OHKO? Morrisson's Gligar? Ash's Tauros (okay, screw that, Fissure was actually "hit" anything, but that's beside the point)? Is it just me, or are the writers thinking, "oh, wait a sec now that the game's have gotten a bit more deeper, it'll be harder to cover up on these game mechanic transitions". So, they're actually putting more effort into this. Good for them.

Now that that's outta the way, I guess I could talk a bit more about this episode.

Now, I dunno why, but it actually took me a few seconds to realize that when Paul mentions "coordinator" it was actually towards Ash, not Dawn. Oh yeah, my mind isn't really working the way it should. Glad to see he at least makes mention of it. Although, I find it funny that Paul makes a big deal about it; contests battles and tag team battles are nothing alike, so why would he even consider using those as an excuse? I know it's still battling, but geez, I'm starting to think Paul is making excuses about his hatred of Ash's ways.

I thought Pikachu's mild "hi!" towards Electabuzz was a bit of a nod towards the fact that they've settled things.

I remember telling CC a while back that I found it ironic that Paul was solely focusing on getting Chimchar to go into "Hyper Mode", yet once in Ash's possession actually accomplished that, I'm glad they made mention of that in this episode; proves that the writers aren't going to make the characters as dense as they once were. Oh, and I thought about this: Paul asks Ash if he can "handle that power". The real question is, could Paul himself control it? It's like he knows he can do anything and questions others about their skills. It's eventually gonna bite him back. It would be gold if it were literally.

And the classic Cynthia article. Now that we know that Paul simply didn't really care much about it, we know that when not in the presence of a major persona, he goes back to his old ways. And we thought Ash was stubborn. Look who's the real mule.

Now, the airing of this episode being just prior to that of the Riolu special is very ironic; at one point in both episodes, we get a forest fire. Wow.

Which reminds me, I gotta head over there in a sec and get my opinions out.

~C_L~

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

9/10
    chimchar is so awesome his blaze was so cool
    gligar is so cuteand funny and how did gliscor pull of gulliotine after a sand attack LUCKY
    wanna brawl?

-Charizard is the greatest pokemon.
    BOW DOWN BEFORE HIM!

That was one awesome Flame Wheel. Pauls gonna regret it when Infernape kicks his butt in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by aipom1234 View Post
    Did anyone evolve? Does Paul have any new Pokemon?

**Rank Up!!
    I remember times when he always got some new Pokemon, and I hope he will release some of his team thinking they are too weak and get some new...

WOW, this episode was awesome. I was surprised that they didn't put more emphasis on how Chimchar's been since he left Paul, but at least Paul finally saw that Chimchar still had that power that he witnessed long before. This was one of the better Paul episodes so far, since his comments about Ash's performance at the Wallace Cup made sense and he didn't insult Ash as much as he has in the past.

This was definitely a great Chimchar episode, and I like that it got to defeat its old teammate Ursaring with one blow after getting fired up. Sarah Notchenny is getting better with her voice work for Ash, too. I think she did a great job in this episode. Also, Gligar was so cute in this episode, it made me giggle whenever it teared up. You gotta love its enthusiasm in this episode.

Overall, a very good episode.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) NEW!! 10/11 NEW!! 10/14
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

I felt so sorry for poor Gligar, but it was nice of Ash to let it battle even though he had to know it wouldn't stand a chance.

As for Paul, he actually seemed a bit intimidated by Chimchar when it went postal, and they drew a great expression on his face when Ash grabbed Chimchar and held on, even though he was getting hurt. He may be a jerk, but he's not an idiot; he may being cuing into something he hasn't been getting- that Ash's Pokemon will do anything for him because he'll do anything for them.

He wasn't intimidated. He was just surprised that it finally taped into that power.
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes, confirmed.

This is my new Favorite episode! ^_^ I can't wait for Chimmy to learn to control that kind of untapped power. I was glad that Chimchar finally got a chance to prove himself and Ash's way of battling can be just as strong as Paul's serious, ruthlessness style.

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post
    He wasn't intimidated. He was just surprised that it finally taped into that power.
    That's true. However, I think that Paul was more than surprised because Paul had been trying to tap into that power ever since he first witnessed it. But he only witnessed it when Chimchar didn't even know that Paul existed. The fact that Chimchar went crazy while still in Ash's team no doubt ****** him off.
    3DS Friend Code: 2079-6549-2981
    "Let's trade and battle!" - *message me first*
    I am a shadow, I seek the ways of Hadou.
    I'll have you know, I am a Lucario.

I think for a split second Paul had a tiny ounce of respect for Ash until he opened his big mouth about chimchar learning how to deal with it on it's own -_- Good job Ash.

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

Gligar got it's head cut off... by guillotine, ash made a dumb move trying to counter it. While Chimchar had blaze back and kicked ursaring's butt, then he started to attack Ash.
    Then Paul had a little respect for ash... until ash talked again...

I'll update this sometime

I just hope Ash is able to control Chimchar, if it ever uses Blaze again.

It must have a lot of power, because when Blaziken used Blaze it was nowhere near as strong and that was a fully evolved Pokemon.
    Last edited by Blue Snover; 20th April 2009 at 9:46 AM.

Credit to Mr. Joker for the Glee banner
    Credit to Skiyomi for the lovely Blue Snover banner

If anyone is interested in a custom ribbon for your profile pic, be sure to check out Ayra's sprite thread in the fanart section, if you want to take a look at her work have a look at my profile.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast