Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Chim-Charred! (549)

You know, there IS a difference between seeing the episode itself and reading a f***ing synopsi. >_>

You don't want to know. Trust me. =P

Current PASBL stats: 12-5-0, 25 KO's, 73 TP. LVL 2 Trainer. B ref (Not reffing at the moment)

"I really f***ing hate you both" -Mozz (In memory of his awesomeness)

Agree with ya there thriller. Seems CD is having a haemorrhage these days. When will we get a decent filler again?

I reject your Nyancats and replace it with my own.
    FB

Quote Originally Posted by Jonouchi View Post
    You know, there IS a difference between seeing the episode itself and reading a f***ing synopsi. >_>
    Agreed completely.

still cant find this episode

Can I ask, I saw a picture but...

Was Gligar crying?

you can watch the ep on youtube tenahachi3.
    lol shinji was almost owned by chimchar and gligar

|LJ| dA|

Quote Originally Posted by Shinji_Charizard View Post
    you can watch the ep on youtube tenahachi3.
    lol shinji was almost owned by chimchar and gligar
    lol yea thats where i watch the japanese episodes now just finished watching this weeks episode

Quote Originally Posted by PokéKT View Post
    Can I ask, I saw a picture but...

Was Gligar crying?
    lol yea couple times you see a lot of Gligar in this episode

This episode... it made me love Gligar.

I couldn't help but laugh some at how Gligar seems so raring to go and affectionate towards Ash. XD
    Male or Female? You just never know, and that's one of the greatest things about these two~

At least this time Ash had the balls to deal with his berserk fire-type the right way. With Charmeleon/Charizard he kept wussing out avoiding the problem, hoping it will magically obey him.

With Chimchar, he plunged head-on into the flames, grabbed the blazing monster, didn't let any of his pokemon interfere, and didn't let go until it stopped.

After watching the episode, my opinion of it still remains, Chimchar only went ballistic for all of 3 minutes and even then all it did was knock out Ursuring, bounce around and bite Ash.

Boring and a big waste of an episode is all i've got to say about it.

This episode served its purpose. We got to see more of Gligar's personality ,and boy did it look super precious in this episode.We also got see more of Chimchars hidden power ,and more Interaction between Paul ,and Ash.If some of you can't stand a little storytelling, then thats too bad.

Also , holy crud did Ursaring look like an unstoppable brute in this episode.Sheesh I don't see it ever being released with the power that it showed.

Quote Originally Posted by Erutan View Post
    This episode served its purpose.
    It had no purpose other than to show one thing.

We also got see more of Chimchars hidden power ,and more Interaction between Paul ,and Ash.If some of you can't stand a little storytelling, then thats too bad.
    here's a story for you, Chimchar's about to become the second Torkoal from how things are looking now, believe it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarofl View Post
    At least this time Ash had the balls to deal with his berserk fire-type the right way. With Charmeleon/Charizard he kept wussing out avoiding the problem, hoping it will magically obey him.

With Chimchar, he plunged head-on into the flames, grabbed the blazing monster, didn't let any of his pokemon interfere, and didn't let go until it stopped.
    well you gotta remember he was still just starting out when he had Charmeleon/Charizard he didnt really understand because Charmander always listened to him

and besides would you rather handle a crazy flaming chimp or a flaming Lizard/Dragon lol

I wouldn't be so quick to criticize this episode. Granted, it's just another chapter in the continuing story of Hikozaru, but we did learn that thankfully Hikozaru wasn't just magically cured just by becoming Satoshi's Pokemon. The writers are clearly not even close to resolving this thing and this episode will obviously be referenced again. This episode was just one of chapters in the middle of a story where not much happened, but it's certainly not some meaningless filler.

Hikozaru probably shouldn't even be battling again. He's clearly been too traumatized by Shinji to battle competitively. I wonder how Satoshi is going to solve this problem.

Almighty Zard still has the worst posts.

Obviously I'm missing something here, because I honestly don't see how this was a bad episode at all. I mean, lets look at some of the positive outcomes here;
    Gligar's character was explored more in this episode than any of those after it's initial introduction, and it was all handled wonderfully. It's definately filled the niché that Corphish has left vacant since it's departure, and it's most definately shaping up to be the best D/P capture in terms of personallity.
    And then, Chimchar's trauma was revisited to a much greater degree than what we saw when it was cornered by the Zangoose, an element of it's character which is BOUND to be developed even further as the series goes on. And not only this, but it actually did stand up to it's previous trainer before Ursaring eventually spooked it, showing that it HAS plucked up some courage since it's been with Ash.
    And to top it all off, there was some great battling and comic relief. Gligar careening into a boulder and bawling it's eyes out should have been enough to make this episode.

Only complaint I can think of is that Chimchar didn't start whaling on Ursaring after it went down, but the results of it snapping like a dry and brittle twig were still satisfactory none the less.

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard_Trainer88 View Post
    well you gotta remember he was still just starting out when he had Charmeleon/Charizard he didnt really understand because Charmander always listened to him
    Even if he was just starting, he ought to get a clue after thirty flamethrowers, and he didn't try to fix it even after the problem really bit him in the ass in Indigo.

If anything, this episode demonstrates how drastically he has changed along the way.

this whole ash and wildchild chimchar thing was cringeworthy imo.
    anti-climax
    kthx

however the general battling was good with ursaring arm hammering here and there.
    and it was nice to see fire attacks not having a "comical" moment (like oo im a huge brute but youre burning me so im going to cry about it and back off. but no. he took it like a beeotch.)
    and it was nice to see gliscor out and about
    does anyway know what that purple sphere followed by headbutt was? i thought giga impact+headbutt but then i thought no then i thought zen headbutt and then i thought no....

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Girl
    I wouldn't be so quick to criticize this episode. Granted, it's just another chapter in the continuing story of Hikozaru, but we did learn that thankfully Hikozaru wasn't just magically cured just by becoming Satoshi's Pokemon.
    Yes I know that, but at the same time Chimchar hasn't done ANYTHING since Ash got it, heck Buizel's starting to get more action in, why isn't Chimchar? I don't EVER want to see another fire type be put in the spot Torkoal was, no one deserves that fate.

Since the episode revolved around chimchar it would've been nice to see the writers actually do something for it like at least give it a new attack like the others have been getting, and Gligar's got an evo around the corner too, what does Chimchar have?

The writers are clearly not even close to resolving this thing and this episode will obviously be referenced again. This episode was just one of chapters in the middle of a story where not much happened, but it's certainly not some meaningless filler.
    I disagree, if chimchar's rampage had been longer and maybe he had actually attacked some of the others i might agree, but it was only insane for a couple of minutes which is hardly impressive.

Hikozaru probably shouldn't even be battling again. He's clearly been too traumatized by Shinji to battle competitively. I wonder how Satoshi is going to solve this problem.
    I dunno, but i swear the next time Chimchar has an episode to itself something BETTER happen with it, seriously i don't want to see something with so much potential get shot down like they've been doing to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Korobooshi Kojiro View Post
    Almighty Zard still has the worst posts.
    Would you get off my back already, seriously don't you have something to say about the episode instead of ciritzing me?

I'm really getting tired of you personally attacking me dude, I could care less what you think of me, and what you say isn't gonna stop me from posting either.
    Last edited by Almighty Zard; 29th May 2008 at 8:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    I give up.

I had high hopes for the thing, but this is the second time they've had the perfect opportunity to do something with Chimchar and blew it.

Way to go writers, way to go. --

I highly agree. I wasted my lunch break watching this episode, and I feel robbed. I feel like in this saga they're going to dawdle on developing Ash's team, and they'll all evolve at once (sans Gligar); and it will most likely be unbelievable.

The more I see Chimchar suck the more I get ****** that the writers really screwed up Chimchar and its potential.
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

btw Ash looked as if he'd rage as hard as Chimchar, anytime. He gets more and more pissed at Paul each time.

And oh god Gligar is so fukken cute!

English episode: Through The Fire And The Flames (My own name for it)

Quote Originally Posted by sam_h12 View Post
    this whole ash and wildchild chimchar thing was cringeworthy imo.
    anti-climax
    kthx

however the general battling was good with ursaring arm hammering here and there.
    and it was nice to see fire attacks not having a "comical" moment (like oo im a huge brute but youre burning me so im going to cry about it and back off. but no. he took it like a beeotch.)
    and it was nice to see gliscor out and about
    does anyway know what that purple sphere followed by headbutt was? i thought giga impact+headbutt but then i thought no then i thought zen headbutt and then i thought no....
    Perhaps it's "Leer" or "Scary Face"? "Leer" frightens the foe and lowers its defenses, so "Headbutt" can do more damage.

It would explain the strange visions of Chimchar thinking that Ursaring is some kind of horrific monster.

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    I disagree, if chimchar's rampage had been longer and maybe he had actually attacked some of the others i might agree, but it was only insane for a couple of minutes which is hardly impressive.
    He sent Team Rocket blasting off.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast