Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Chim-Charred! (549)

he shoulda evolved from all the heat.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravy View Post
    Obviously I'm missing something here, because I honestly don't see how this was a bad episode at all. I mean, lets look at some of the positive outcomes here;
    Gligar's character was explored more in this episode than any of those after it's initial introduction, and it was all handled wonderfully. It's definately filled the niché that Corphish has left vacant since it's departure, and it's most definately shaping up to be the best D/P capture in terms of personallity.
    And then, Chimchar's trauma was revisited to a much greater degree than what we saw when it was cornered by the Zangoose, an element of it's character which is BOUND to be developed even further as the series goes on. And not only this, but it actually did stand up to it's previous trainer before Ursaring eventually spooked it, showing that it HAS plucked up some courage since it's been with Ash.
    And to top it all off, there was some great battling and comic relief. Gligar careening into a boulder and bawling it's eyes out should have been enough to make this episode.

Only complaint I can think of is that Chimchar didn't start whaling on Ursaring after it went down, but the results of it snapping like a dry and brittle twig were still satisfactory none the less.
    You know, we'd be better off here if everyone was more like you in terms of what goes on here. =P

Let's be serious here. We have a good number of episodes to develop Chimmy. He won't develop in one episode. It doesn't work like that. If he's so useless, then why go through the trouble of making him Psycho and having him attack randomly. I hardly call that ignoring him. >_>

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by GiratinaShaymin<3
    English episode: Through The Fire And The Flames (My own name for it)
    That's not bad, actually. =P

You don't want to know. Trust me. =P

Current PASBL stats: 12-5-0, 25 KO's, 73 TP. LVL 2 Trainer. B ref (Not reffing at the moment)

"I really f***ing hate you both" -Mozz (In memory of his awesomeness)

It's meh. =/

Was the opening updated with Jessie's new pokemon?

Quote Originally Posted by Vix View Post
    Was the opening updated with Jessie's new pokemon?
    Yup, it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Prominence View Post
    Yup, it was.
    Sweet TY! Cant wait to see it.

Yanmega looks pretty cute in the opening too.

was that drapion shiny?

|LJ| dA|

Quote Originally Posted by Shinji_Charizard View Post
    was that drapion shiny?
    No, shiny Drapions are scarlet.
    Under Construction

yeah i know, but the drapios in the ep had a weird color, not the purple of the pokedex and also not the scarlett of the dex... if you know what i mean xD
    (dutch)

|LJ| dA|

yeah i know, but the drapios in the ep had a weird color, not the purple of the pokedex and also not the scarlett of the dex... if you know what i mean xD
    (dutch)

|LJ| dA|

Quote Originally Posted by Shinji_Charizard View Post
    (dutch)
    Dutch Power :P

A Shiny Drapion is red-coloured, this one was an ordinairy purle-coloured one.

I loved this episode simply because of the music. <3 that movie 5 music that played when Chimchar broke free from the pile of rocks.

Ursaring's reaction when Chimchar popped out of the rocks in it's rage was priceless. =P
    Loved Gligar in this episode as well.

^i feel bad for gligar too because if i'm not mistaken Buizel's taken it's spot in the upcoming gym battle, and i was looking forward to seeing it battle Gyarados or Floatsel--.

Gligar looked CUTE! =D

Also within that EP, Gligar looks determined about something, maybe he wants to beat Paul's Gliscor due to his lose. =o

I really wish people will stop thinking that just because Chimchar didn't learn anything or didn't evolve the episode was a waste. It clearly developed Chimchar's character, whether you like it or not they showed a new side of Chimchar. Really, it's very stupid...

And Gligar... welcome to Loserville. You can ask Chimchar, Staravia and Buizel how to get out of it, they have enough experience.>_>
    Last edited by Dax; 29th May 2008 at 9:17 PM.

Why did Gligar suck so hard? He didn't get to do anything. Chimchar wasn't all that great either until he fell into his rage and even then didn't beat Uresaring up very much.

I really wish people will stop thinking that just because Chimchar didn't learn anything or didn't evolve the episode was a waste. It clearly developed Chimchar's character, whether you like it or not they showed a new side of Chimchar. Really, it's very stupid...
    Sure. they developed his character but they could have shown him giving Ursaring a little more of a beating. It was not a waste of an episode though.
    Brawl Friend Code:
    4425-1156-8204

does anyway know what that purple sphere followed by headbutt was? i thought giga impact+headbutt but then i thought no then i thought zen headbutt and then i thought no....
    It was Secret Power

^____^

& Ursaring can't learn it in the games

does anyway know what that purple sphere followed by headbutt was? i thought giga impact+headbutt but then i thought no then i thought zen headbutt and then i thought no....
    It was Secret Power

^____^

Quote Originally Posted by ~Goth~ View Post
    It was Secret Power

^____^

& Ursaring can't learn it in the games
    uh..yeah it can, TM moves are handled about the same as learning normal moves in the anime.

Gligar was funny in this episode, it was a good idea giving Ash a funny pokemon. Its quite odd, Gligar wants to battle, and after getting the claw from Gliscor, it seems like it wants to show Ash how great a battler it can be. I bet this convinses him to evolve into Gliscor.
    Pokemon Black Battle Team

Gligar is now my official favourite pokemon on the team- a great Corphish-esque lunacy about it.

I loved this episode, I thought it was great. I mean we get to see more of Chimchar's character and imo, this was a perfect episode to keep setting Chimchar up for something more (character wise and maybe even battling/evo wise). It's great to see such a great bond Ash and Chimchar have and I'm sure with that and even more developments, Chimchar will definitely be Paul's downfall. It was really great to see how Ash calmed down Chimchar. Kinda touching imo.

I also liked Gligar in this episode. So hilarious when it fell and disrupted Paul's capture. Can't wait to see more of it in the future as well. Overall, great episode!

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMage View Post
    Gligar is now my official favourite pokemon on the team- a great Corphish-esque lunacy about it.
    I just hope it keeps it when it evolves into Vlad.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast