Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Chim-Charred! (549)

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    ^i feel bad for gligar too because if i'm not mistaken Buizel's taken it's spot in the upcoming gym battle, and i was looking forward to seeing it battle Gyarados or Floatsel--.
    I think the whole point of him not choosing Gligar for Pastoria's gym was all because of it's type disadvantage, since Ash is paying attention to types a bit more. I'm guessing they're setting up a Buizel vs Floatzel, in other words, a Pokemon vs it's evolution, again.

Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    I really wish people will stop thinking that just because Chimchar didn't learn anything or didn't evolve the episode was a waste. It clearly developed Chimchar's character, whether you like it or not they showed a new side of Chimchar. Really, it's very stupid...

And Gligar... welcome to Loserville. You can ask Chimchar, Staravia and Buizel how to get out of it, they have enough experience.>_>
    To be honest, it did show a fear of Paul at the beginnning of the episode. I think the whole accomplishment might be, like how it gotten over phobia with Zangoose, it gotten over it with Paul....in a very extreme way. >_>

Well lets see.This episode showed us A great Gligar and Chimchar development.
    And also Turtwig Pikachu and Buizel are confirmed to be in the next gym I think.
    Manga's I'm up to date with.

Spoiler:- undefined:

Catching up to

Hunter x Hunter
    Battle Tendency
    Eyeshield 21

I could nitpick at whiners who are so obsessed with evolutions that they can't even enjoy the damn episode...
    I could marvel at the fact that Gravy has not gone the way of the Dodo or the V Faction...
    I could make a snide ramark that has little or no relevance to the topic at hand...

But instead, I'm going to take the mystery prize behind Door #4.
    And the mystery prize is...
    Shut up and review the damn episode.

Well, crap. Here goes then. In the same way that I enjoyed "Like It or Lup It" for expanding upon Piplup's brattiness, I enjoyed this one for not only giving Chimchar a significant role (let's face it - it's gotten no development since "Tears for Fears", which was 30 episodes ago), but for expanding upon Gligar's quirkiness. Sure, this one didn't have a psychotic platypus or illegal immigrants facing deportation, but it still had its humor in the form of Gligar's antics and the many, many concussions that occured (along with the loss of vital brain fluids that accompanies it). The main thing I agree with the masses on is that Chimchar's rampage occured too late in the episode for it to develop into anything truly deep (though I loved Chimmy biting Ash's shoulder in its madness).

But seriously, people, even if we were to classify this episode as a "filler", it'd still be the first filler in two months or so. This isn't like Johto where week after week we're handed a crapfest with absolutely no relevance to plot or character advancement. Obviously we're not going to have a truly groundbreaking episode every week. And there are plenty of episodes far more worthy of being called a "filler" in this saga alone! Yet somehow nobody complained when we got handed that Chingling episode, which actually was awful.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous Trainer View Post
    I think the whole point of him not choosing Gligar for Pastoria's gym was all because of it's type disadvantage, since Ash is paying attention to types a bit more. I'm guessing they're setting up a Buizel vs Floatzel, in other words, a Pokemon vs it's evolution, again.
    This completely threw me off. Choosing Buizel for that gym after all the screentime Buizel's been having makes me want to burn every Buizel picture there is.

First Voodoo dolls for Piplup, now for Buizel.>_>

To be honest, it did show a fear of Paul at the beginnning of the episode. I think the whole accomplishment might be, like how it gotten over phobia with Zangoose, it gotten over it with Paul....in a very extreme way. >_>
    At least it got over it even if it released his anger in an outrageous way. Psycho monkey should return for the league as an Infernape. You mix a pokemon that has the word inferno suggested in the name with some cool psycho moments you get yourself an episode of awesomeness.

Quote Originally Posted by Korobooshi Kojiro View Post
    Yanmega looks pretty cute in the opening too.
    You look pretty cute in the opening.

Somethings going on with Gligar, you can tell from that close up at the end, though its hard to have something to go on when your just looking at picture

[Spoiler]Probs has something to do with the story line leading up to its evolution[/Spoiler]

Also I wonder if Ursarings going to devolp into Chimchars punching bag, and gets repeatedly beaten by it throughout the series. Its already lost twice

DP006: Paul uses Chimchar to battle it, resulting in Ursaring being captured
    DP081: Beaten by Chimchar in battle despite coming close to winning

I know two wins doesnt really show a trend but it could lead to something...possibly?

I liked this episode.

Spoiler:- Gligar Spoiler:

As for Chimchar, as much as I would have loved it for it to evolve, I suppose they still want to develop its story.

Gligar's battle with Gliscor was probably short on purpose. Though I would've loved it if Gligar actually used an attack that connected even if only slightly affected Gliscor (no, I don't count Sand Attack, since it doesn't do any damage)

Chimchar vs Ursaring was good but I wonder if Chimchar would've won had it not used Blaze (or Blaze activated...whatever).

Wow, Dawn and Ash's Pokemon tried to save him, but Brock and Pikachu stopped them so Ash could take care of it.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Was that Guillotine Gliscor used on poor Gligar? Or was it Metal Claw? I know I'm probably looking too much into this, but if it as Guillotine, there was no chance it would have it with its low accuracy and plus all those sand attacks Gligar threw!! Anyway I kinda like Gligar the way she is, I hope she doesn't evolve, but I know its mostly a given she does.

edit: Okay I realized that ground attacks (sand attack) doesn't affect Gliscor...but still !! :P

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_K View Post
    Was that Guillotine Gliscor used on poor Gligar? Or was it Metal Claw? I know I'm probably looking too much into this, but if it as Guillotine, there was no chance it would have it with its low accuracy and plus all those sand attacks Gligar threw!! Anyway I kinda like Gligar the way she is, I hope she doesn't evolve, but I know its mostly a given she does.

edit: Okay I realized that ground attacks (sand attack) doesn't affect Gliscor...but still !! :P
    In the anime, One hit moves barely knock out it's opponent (Morrison's Gligar used Guillotine but it didn't knock out it's opponent), the fact that Gliscor did may mean the writers are sticking to the games.

Also Gligar didn't even dodge, so its no doubt why it connected, and even if accuracy was a factor, Paul just got really lucky then.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    In the anime, One hit moves barely knock out it's opponent (Morrison's Gligar used Guillotine but it didn't knock out it's opponent), the fact that Gliscor did may mean the writers are sticking to the games.

Also Gligar didn't even dodge, so its no doubt why it connected, and even if accuracy was a factor, Paul just got really lucky then.
    Why can't Ash get lucky when he fights HIM?
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

I gained so much love for Gligar. I don't care about how weak it is I thought Gligar crying was awesomely cute.

I gained so much love for Gligar. I don't care about how weak it is I thought Gligar crying was awesomely cute.
    Especially when it was conered on the rock by Shinji!

Quote Originally Posted by YukiJadenSurvives View Post
    You look pretty cute in the opening.
    ....Awkward....

It's been a while since we've seen Chimchar (as in, being the focus of something). And yeah, I have a feeling that something is building up. The music from Movie 5 is plain awesome.

Also, I think Gligar's gonna evolve soon, possibly against Crasher Wake.
    Coming up soon~ Or maybe never.

This episode was funny with Gligar.
    First the rock thing if only Paul can take a hit.
    Second Gligar getting hit by guilotine(It was glowing dark I was thinking it was shadow Claw I don't know why).
    Third The way it cried when it got hurt that was so cute^_^.
    My Pokemon DP Friend Code:5155 5516 2779 PM me yours if you want to battle. Just so u want to know my team is:

For Pokemon RPG go to:
    http://pokemonrpg.phpbb.net/

I wasn't originally going to post here, but I figured, what the heck. And besides, it seems there might be some viewing in it afterall for this episode
    Quote Originally Posted by Satoshifangirl View Post
    What i read on bulbagarden it ended up as a draw....AGAIN!
    This is what Dogasu said what happends in the epi on bulbagarden:

- Seeing Hikari order Satoshi's pokemon around is weird o_O

- This episode succeeds in making Gligar look super-cute.

- Looks like Shinji's trying to capture a wild Drapion...but Gligar accidentally prevents him from doing so.

- Eleboo seems happy to see Pikachu...

- And now Shinji's making fun of Satoshi for losing the Mikuri Cup.

- Shirona flashback

- Hikari uses Coin Toss to decide who will go first in the battle between Satoshi and Shinji.

- Potchama's riding on top of Hikari's head...it really IS trying to be the next Pikachu, huh?

- Shinji's Glion defeats Satoshi's with Gligar Guillotine.

- That headbutt looks PAINFUL.

- Hikozaru's eyes roll back into its head before it goes all super crazy.

- And now it's set the forest of fire. Potchama and Buoysel put it out, though.

- Nice use of AG Movie 01 music

- Wow...Hikozaru just bit the hell out of Satoshi's shoulder.

- And now Hikozaru's all better after hugging it out with Satoshi
    No, just no. I didn't think it was bad when she first got the application (it being so pointless I never really wanted to see it again), but to see it used to decide the order of the battles? OMG, why are they using this? I really hope Paul was even the slightest bit irked.

Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak View Post
    I highly agree. I wasted my lunch break watching this episode, and I feel robbed. I feel like in this saga they're going to dawdle on developing Ash's team, and they'll all evolve at once (sans Gligar); and it will most likely be unbelievable.

The more I see Chimchar suck the more I get ****** that the writers really screwed up Chimchar and its potential.
    I fear this is going the way of Johto League Champions, let us hope not.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonouchi View Post
    You know, we'd be better off here if everyone was more like you in terms of what goes on here. =P
    A-GREE'D! By the way, it's great to see Gravy back here. We were missing something on these forums. I just didn't know what it was.

Thanks.

I really wish people will stop thinking that just because Chimchar didn't learn anything or didn't evolve the episode was a waste. It clearly developed Chimchar's character, whether you like it or not they showed a new side of Chimchar. Really, it's very stupid...
    Another fine citizen we have here. I may just reconsider and watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Goth~ View Post
    It was Secret Power

^____^

& Ursaring can't learn it in the games
    I sware, I'll probably only recognize it because you guys said Ursaring used it. Honestly, I'll never be able to recognize this move. EVER.

Quote Originally Posted by S.Suikun View Post
    I could nitpick at whiners who are so obsessed with evolutions that they can't even enjoy the damn episode...
    I could marvel at the fact that Gravy has not gone the way of the Dodo or the V Faction...
    I could make a snide ramark that has little or no relevance to the topic at hand...

But instead, I'm going to take the mystery prize behind Door #4.
    And the mystery prize is...
    Shut up and review the damn episode.

Well, crap. Here goes then. In the same way that I enjoyed "Like It or Lup It" for expanding upon Piplup's brattiness, I enjoyed this one for not only giving Chimchar a significant role (let's face it - it's gotten no development since "Tears for Fears", which was 30 episodes ago), but for expanding upon Gligar's quirkiness. Sure, this one didn't have a psychotic platypus or illegal immigrants facing deportation, but it still had its humor in the form of Gligar's antics and the many, many concussions that occured (along with the loss of vital brain fluids that accompanies it). The main thing I agree with the masses on is that Chimchar's rampage occured too late in the episode for it to develop into anything truly deep (though I loved Chimmy biting Ash's shoulder in its madness).

But seriously, people, even if we were to classify this episode as a "filler", it'd still be the first filler in two months or so. This isn't like Johto where week after week we're handed a crapfest with absolutely no relevance to plot or character advancement. Obviously we're not going to have a truly groundbreaking episode every week. And there are plenty of episodes far more worthy of being called a "filler" in this saga alone! Yet somehow nobody complained when we got handed that Chingling episode, which actually was awful.
    And this is why I enjoy visiting this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by uber gon View Post
    Why can't Ash get lucky when he fights HIM?
    Well, maybe once Happiny evolves to Chansey, then maybe it'll give Ash a lucky egg and then all his problems'd be solved.

Or maybe that's just wishful thinking?

I may watch it tomorrow, may not. Really all depends I guess.

~C_L~

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt_Latios View Post
    OMG, why are they using this? I really hope Paul was even the slightest bit irked.
    He didn't care.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt_Latios View Post
    I sware, I'll probably only recognize it because you guys said Ursaring used it. Honestly, I'll never be able to recognize this move. EVER.
    So the purplish glow that's been seen every time we've seen the move so far isn't distinct enough?

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Gligar proved itself to be a crybaby and Chimchar proved itself to be the poke-MAN!

Seriously, Paul was all like "Hehe, good thing I got rid of that n00b." When, suddenly, Chimchar bursts out of the ground going, "N00b this, mother f*cker!" and then b*tch slapped Ursaring like it owed it money.

But it still hadn't had enough. It wanted to show everyone that it was number 1. F*ck Pikachu's lightening against the spearows in the first episode. Chimchar was ready to tear *ss and take names. From the looks of it, Chimmy was all out of names.

But what does Ash do? Does he foster Chimmy's uber powers? No, he wants Chimchar to not be the sick mofo that it was destined to be. So, instead, he tries the hug approach. But Big Chim ain't havin' that. Chimchar burns Ash and takes a bite out of him to see if he will make a worthy meal when it ascends to its rightful place as Emperor of Kick*ssistan.

Unfortunately, the flavor disgusted Big Chim and made him lose his concentration. In the end, it temporarily lost its powers and returned to its normal self. Fear not, folks, Big Chim will get his power back soon and all will know and fear him.

lol That was fun to write.

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude View Post
    So the purplish glow that's been seen every time we've seen the move so far isn't distinct enough?
    Considering both times I've seen it used (Happiny in the Miltank episode and Glameow in the Hearthome city contest; both of which I didn't know what it was either), and considering the immense time lapse between the two, I think that it's safe to say that unless I know in advance (like in this case), it won't even occur to me.

Though, from saying "a purplish glow" well I'll probably know what it is now.

Not seeing the episode either doesn't exactly help much either. I just popped in to see what happened in this episode and wound up posting, imagine that. Though, I think reading about that damned coint toss app probably forced it out of me. It's rare that something like this would irk me, but it does.

... oh and Paul didn't care. Eh, guess it makes sense then. Didn't give a damn then, doesn't care now.

Moving on.

~C_L~

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

Man, that one shot of Ursaring where he was all GRAA was such a well-drawn image, I love how the animators are doing all these cool shots now.

Nothing else to say that hasn't already been said, but did anyone else giggle when Drapion was freaked out at Gligar. It reminded me of back when Drapion was first revealed who people said he evolved from. :P

Man, the Ursaring, man all of Paul's pokemon have huge anger issues, no surprise being raised by a *sshole like Paul.
    Pokemon Black Battle Team

Chimchar is freakishly scary...how it managed to turn into that insanity version I still don't get. Gligar has a slight more spotlight, that's good, but that doesn't really help since it has a couple of weeks before it needs to evolve somehow. I like the reference of the Wallace cup, even 2 episodes later and they still reference it.

Preview is great, I do believe it is the first time that Brock narrated the preview in this saga. I suspect a more comical episode for the next one.

Quote Originally Posted by lightdash View Post
    I suspect a more comical episode for the next one.
    You'd think with all the Croagunk featured in it it'd have to be.

~C_L~

- Cobaltios

Finally Glad this episode was debuating Chimchar & Gligar Ash's recent Captures. I indeed wanted to see the reactiopn Gligar would have facing it's Gliscor, but nothing from Gliscor, Darn Paul. PLus Chimchar volunteered to Fight Ursaring, Makes me wonder if he still has Ursaring or who'd he switched for Electabuzz.

It's a Forretress, what else needs to be said?
    A video of my friend attemping to jump a fence

Oh yeah...this episode was focused on Chimchar. For me, Gligar was the star of this episode.

Does anyone have a pic of Team Rocket from the opening with Yanmega?
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast