Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Chim-Charred! (549)

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post
    Oh yeah...this episode was focused on Chimchar. For me, Gligar was the star of this episode.

Does anyone have a pic of Team Rocket from the opening with Yanmega?
    http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...50/Yanmega.jpg

i dunno why all of ash's pokemon are more interested in biting ash than winning battles....if its not pikachu sinking its teeth in ash's hand, its turtwig biting off ash's head. and when its neither of the two, its chimmy taking a chunk out of ash's shoulder.....Pray for the poor guy living among (pocket) monsters!!!

Character development in MY Pokémon?! Awesome!

Shinji ´s Ursaring is my favourite Pokémon of his? Fanboy!

Gligar? Adorable!

Idiots complaining about no new moves or evolutions? Predictable!

Gravy showing up to say everything that was in my head, but better? Finally! ^^
    4 Generations - 8 Teams - 48 Pokémon - 1 Trainer

I thought this episode was pretty good, i liked Gligar being so determined. and I liked the fact the writers were building chimchars story up even more, poor little monkey.
    People are only complaining because they want an episode full of nothing but battles,new moves and captures, jeez some people need to exercise a bit of patience,I personally think the DP episodes are some of the best yet.

And yet again i say go on chimmy my boy ^ . ^
    Last edited by Kaasuti; 30th May 2008 at 9:44 AM.
    <3 CHARIZARD FAN FOR LIFE!! <3
    Torchic//Tailow//Shroomish//Aron//Ralts//Spheal

Chimchar is freakishly scary...how it managed to turn into that insanity version I still don't get.
    Well, Gohan did a lot of the same thing in DBZ early on. I even got reminded of when he first did that when Chimchar burst out of the rocks. Most likely not intentional, though it'd be awesome if it were.

Morrison's Gligar used Guillotine but it didn't knock out it's opponent
    Strange, I clearly saw Gligar KO Grovyle when I watched yesterday...

Quote Originally Posted by Pika Hikari KT View Post
    Yup, Hoenn did have game mechanical issues. First allowing ghost type attacks to hit normal types, and now Guillotine not taking out a Pokémon one round, but successfully doing said task the next. Glad to know things have changed for the better.

~C_L~

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMage View Post
    Gligar is now my official favourite pokemon on the team- a great Corphish-esque lunacy about it.

I'm really starting to like Gligar more and more too. I would have just preferred if the episode focused on Gligar instead, and Chimchar got its "development" later on.

Another thing this episode proved is that I am so glad May didn't end up with Ursaring (although a cute, clingy Teddiursa would be fine) because it's such a perfect Pokemon for Paul!
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

???

I do like that Chimmy's story hasn't been forgotten by the writers. If this was season 1 or 2, "the tears of chimchar" would have been the end of it and never heard of again. But D/P has quite respectable continuity so far. I wonder if the "going insane" thing will be back someday. League perhaps?

I wasn't fond of Gligar for Ash at first, but now i'm starting to like the two together. I don't want it to evolve!!! *is shot*
    Last edited by Night_Umbreon; 30th May 2008 at 3:46 PM.

Geez, I don't know what's wrong with some of yous who have these high expectations of Chimchar evolving or keeping his power, kind make me laugh how u guys whine about everything.

But personally I enjoyed this episode. Some really nice development between Chimchar and Gligar. They have been neglected for quite a while and nice for them to get some spotlight.

I'm starting to like Gligar, Gligar is the cutest little bat I ever seen. It amazes me how they could turn this eh looking bat into a cutie. Love how she cries to Ash. And I laughed when Gligar smashed to the rock and interrupting Paul's battle.

As for Chimchar, I'm starting to think it is not Blaze the way it loses control after being that huge power up. So I'm excited how the writers are going to deal with problem, and it looks like involves both with Ash and Paul. But loved when Ash calmed Chimchar. I was surprised Brock and Pikachu stepped up and tell them to let Ash deal with the problem. They sure know the boy so well.

Wow, Chimchar have alot of anger towards Shinji. Chimchar was about to roasted the hell out of Shinji. If it was this angry now, I can't imagine how angry it would be once it evolves to Monferno then Infernape.
    Last edited by Blaziryu; 30th May 2008 at 3:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pika Hikari KT View Post
    Morrison used Gligar against another person other than Ash, I was referring when Gligar used Guillotine against a Machamp, and Machamp wasn't knocked out.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Obviously the issue with Chimchar isn't over. The writers are handling this well. Seriously, had this been Kanto it would have been oh its traumatized and we probably would have seen the last of it. You know what I see? I see a Charizard thing happening. Chimchar evolves, and instead of not listening to Ash ALL the time. I think it will happen when he battles Paul. Just my opinion
    Heart Gold FC 0690 2997 2142

The sound that could heard twice when Ursaring pulled mad facial expressions? The sound when you summon creatures on Neverwinter Nights. The more you know.

What the hell was wrong with this episode? It was fine by my standards, and I have high standards.
    My Youtube Gaming Channel
    (There's Pokemon!)

Pokemon Y Tag Team Wonderlocke
    Pokemon are put in teams of three, the first Pokemon obtained of the three is the captain.
    Only switching between members of your team.
    If the captain faints or the other two team members faint, the whole team is released.

Badges: 4
    Deaths: 8

Team Muscle Mashers

Team Hopping Mad

I have to say, Ursaring definately was pretty cool in this episode, especially with those freaked-out versions of it Chimchar imagined.

I still don't think of Gligar as a girl though. 0.o
    Always seemed more guyish to me.

I thought that Chimchar looked super creepy. It was really weird to see him with that bizarre face and those weird eyes while he bit into Ash's shoulder.

Conrad: 0645 3359 2986
        Spoiler:- My Shinys:

Well that was a pointless filler. Nothing special in this episode.

Hell, I doubt it would make up for Chimchar losing to Yanmega and getting hit by Meowth. The former he has an advantage on and the latter they usually beat up.

You know i'm starting to wonder if they should've used another title for this episode, cause Chimchar was only focused on for about half of it, and Gligar got the other half, something with Gligar in it would've been better.

Quote Originally Posted by Korobooshi Kojiro View Post
    I have to say, Ursaring definately was pretty cool in this episode, especially with those freaked-out versions of it Chimchar imagined.

I still don't think of Gligar as a girl though. 0.o
    Always seemed more guyish to me.
    I know!!!! I love when it was making the Focus Blasts and shooting them!!! Ursaring is just cool overall and I can't see Paul releasing it!!!

Can I ask....

When Electabuzz and Paul met up with the twerps, why did Pikachu and Turtwig get positive recognition from Electabuzz? Excuse me, I haven't been following the season very throughly!

~*~Made by Me~*~

Quote Originally Posted by Blaziryu View Post
    Wow, Chimchar have alot of anger towards Shinji. Chimchar was about to roasted the hell out of Shinji. If it was this angry now, I can't imagine how angry it would be once it evolves to Monferno then Infernape.
    yeah!!! chimchar only gets cooler, monferno = kweler version of chimchar infernape= AWSOME!!!!!!!, they really need to put up a subbed version of the episode somewhere, i wanna know whats going on!

Quote Originally Posted by Blaziryu View Post
    I'd be worried about Paul if Chimchar gets Blast Burn.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

When Electabuzz and Paul met up with the twerps, why did Pikachu and Turtwig get positive recognition from Electabuzz? Excuse me, I haven't been following the season very throughly!
    ^ In the episodes surrounding the third gym, the 'crew' encountered Paul's brother who was looking after Electabuzz at the time, and it seemed much less sinister.
    My Youtube Gaming Channel
    (There's Pokemon!)

Pokemon Y Tag Team Wonderlocke
    Pokemon are put in teams of three, the first Pokemon obtained of the three is the captain.
    Only switching between members of your team.
    If the captain faints or the other two team members faint, the whole team is released.

Badges: 4
    Deaths: 8

Team Muscle Mashers

Team Hopping Mad

Pikachu and Electabuzz formed a respect after the Galatic fight when they helped each other (Electabuzz also showed the first signs of doubt at Paul's training technique). I was glad they referenced it...as for Turtwig, well, he was being Turtwig.

I also think Paul mentioned seeing Ash and Buizel in the Wallace Cup, and I think remembering the Tag Battle when they deafeated it (I heard Yogusa atleast). Nice touch. I guess when I think about it Paul hadn't seen Ash with Buizel prior to that Wallace Cup scene.

Gligar is seriously the cutest little thing...
    I saw the episode and I thought it was pretty good. The art and animation were fantastic, and the character development was also handled very well.
    I don't really have any big complaints about this episode...I mean character development is something pokemon has lacked, but DP has proved me wrong, and this episode was one of them.

Gligar reminded me of Quagmire with his strange noises. Good episode though. Is this the second time Ash has stopped Paul capturing something, or was there more than Drapion and Fearow?

Iota

Previously Iota

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast