Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lucky Egg?

Default Lucky Egg?

In Diamond, do the wild Chansey's have any chance of holding a lucky egg like in FR/LG? I've been using Theif on them, and the results are as follow:

Oval Stone-9
    Nothing-4
    Lucky Egg-0

I just want to know if i've been wasting my time looking for a Lucky Egg that doesn't even exist in the game...unless you trade one over from FR/LG.

If you CAN get them on Diamond/Pearl, has anyone gotten one yet?

i don't know if it has happened to anyone yet but i was watching tv (in the game) and this segment came up were the interviewer was next to a chansey and he said it was possible to find the lucky egg on wild chanceys. so as far as i know yes u can.

Yes, some wild Chanseys hold Lucky Eggs.

Yes, they do hold them. They just have a very small chance of it. Like, 5% chance that one will be holding it.
    YAHHH!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gosi Hon View Post
    Leafoen with dig is genius, many disagree I think it was an inspied choise. It can kill fire types and electric types plus with its speed it should be able to get out of the way of Heracoss' attacks before any real damage can be done.

Yes, some of them do hold them. If you bring a pokemon with compoundeyes at the front of your party, you'll increase the odds of chansey holding an item, but the odds for a lucky egg within those item odds are the same. I've stolen close to a dozen oval stones, and two lucky eggs so far.

Stealthy Ninja Mario - A Crossover through Realms

@>-{Click to see my shinies}- (Currently not trading) | -{Hunting Shinies with the Pokeradar}-<@
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    I was SHUKO-CHAN from NSider. Long live the Yoshis of the world!

Ah, gotcha, thanks :3

The first Chansey I caught had a lucky egg. I was trying to start a thread on Chansey in D/P but I guess it was never approved or whatever. It's disappointing that they're so easy to catch in D/P. I spent 16 hours in FRLG trying to catch one, and I never could. It took me a total of five minutes to catch a Chansey in these games.

Credit to Shadowshocker

Your so lucky, i've been trying for a few days now, but I still can't get a Lucky Egg. I have 24 Oval Stones now xP And it takes me forever to find a Chansey, what spot did you guys find them in the most?

Yesterday I made a team just for getting lucky egg. I had Nincada as my lead with Compoundeyes holding smoke ball. I had a Bennet with the ability of Frisk. A pokemon that can induce sleep and thief. When I found a Chansey i switch to Bennet to see if it was holding a Lucky Egg. The first Chansey I found had a Lucky Egg and I caught it because I did not want to risk killing it with Thief.

Once on the TV it said that Chansey had a increased chance for getting a lucky egg, but I was busy and couldnt go try to catch one.

Quote Originally Posted by bbowsavage54 View Post
    Yesterday I made a team just for getting lucky egg. I had Nincada as my lead with Compoundeyes holding smoke ball. I had a Bennet with the ability of Frisk. A pokemon that can induce sleep and thief. When I found a Chansey i switch to Bennet to see if it was holding a Lucky Egg. The first Chansey I found had a Lucky Egg and I caught it because I did not want to risk killing it with Thief.
    If it's the same as RSE, then even when you kill with thief you get the item. I've laid waste many luvdisk for my many used heart scales...

I finally found one! ^^ thank goodness..

Sometimes, I used Thief but did not get the item.

it's possible to get a lucky egg... Heck, i got one on my first try when I caught that random chansey.
    Looking for a shiny jirachi, shiny kyogre, shiny suicune, and other shinies you are willing to trade. if you're interested in trading, PM me ^^
    name: Xain
    FC: 0516 5566 5323

If you faint the pokemon holding it, you still get the item, assuming thief has a 100% success rate on pokemon holding items. From what I've read though, the descriptions all say "MAY steal the foe's held item." I'm not sure if that means it will always steal it if they have it, but won't if they don't, or if it means that even if the Pokemon's holding an item, thief has a chance of not stealing it. Either way, I don't use Thief OR trick. :P I have my linoone. Not only do they sometimes pickup an item after battle anyway, but they learn the move covet, which has 40PP - a whopping 4x the amount you get with Thief. Add to that Linny's other useful stealing move - odor sleuth - and you can steal from any type in the game, even ghosts. I keep one with me at all times. :P I've stolen so many metronomes, metal coats, special berries, and other stuff, that it ought to be a crime. :3 Plus I have three lucky eggs. I used to have four, but I traded one for a ditto. :P

@>-{Click to see my shinies}- (Currently not trading) | -{Hunting Shinies with the Pokeradar}-<@

I caught four chanseys and one had an oval stone, the other three NADA. If I manage to beat the Elite 4 in Diamond then I'll migrate some pokemon over and try again, after I breed the ones I need to breed first of course (like ones with compound eyes)
    Zigzagoon is the COOLEST Pokemon!
    ~*~*~*
    Purchased Diamond online for $27.99: April 27th
    Ship Date: April 30th; Received: May 4th
    Finally Beat the Elite 4: May 18th
    Bought Used copy of Pokemon Pearl from Gamefly.com

I was lucky that someone traded me a Lucky Egg. Makes exp training all the more easy.

Lucky egg is still in DP. Lucky Punch was taken out though, u'll have to trade for that one.
    Willing to trade 10 anniv Pokemon for Celebi, if you have one.
    FC: 0860-0069-1526

Already got 2 on Fire Red
    Apparently my signature's picture was too big after not hearing anything about it for nearly 2 years! : D
    Will be updated at some point.

I treid that too, but couldnt find one. My suggestion is, wait until you get the National dex, then wait unitl Chansey appears at the mansion, and use Sweet Scent over and over. Should find one before long.
    Formerly known as Jigglychu.

Quote Originally Posted by Munchlax3000 View Post
    Lucky egg is still in DP. Lucky Punch was taken out though, u'll have to trade for that one.
    Not true. Happiny carries them. When they show up at the Trophy Garden, simply steal them from her, lol.

According the Serebii's wild items list, wild Happiny have a rare chance of holding a Lucky Punch.
    Diamond Progress: 2 Badges
    lvl 17
    lvl 20 (F)
    lvl 24

So do chanseys.

EDIT: Oh crap, I misread. I thought you sayd Lucky Eggs .. :/
    Please help me by visiting my mini-city!

My favourite Pokémon is

I caught three Chanseys and two were holding Oval Stone and the third one Lucky egg.

My team for Lucky egg hunting is
    1. Combee - Sweet scent means I dont have to move
    2. Yanma lvl 20-21 - Compound Eyes increases chances of item
    3. Gengar - to steal the item

a. Get into position, just above Solaceon
    b. Use repel
    c. Use Sweet scent on combee
    d. If Chancey use thief
    e. If not Chancey run
    f. go back to step c.

repel will never wear off, so it seems to be a reasonable way to do it and repel keeps the weaker critters off, which I believe increases chances of a chancey
    FC: 3479-9037-9659

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast