Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Cream of the Croagunk Crop (550)

Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak View Post
    Did anyone else like the animation of this episode? I thought it was very well done.
    Yes, it had a more "cartoony" vibe to it. I quite like this style, who is the animation director?

Team Rocket especially look different in this style, and Wake was more comedic because of it.

It reminded me of "Exploud and Clear" (when Treecko evolved) with the thick outlines. I also really liked the dusk setting with the very colorful sky.
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

???

I believe Natsume did this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Electivire Addict View Post
    Y'know, I don't think PUSA changed Hamilton's appearence. I read that the japaneese animators changed it when it reran there.
    Yeah, we've established this.
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes, confirmed.

Besides Jason Griffith who did Hamilton, there was also (I don't know if this mentioned or not) David Brimmer who did Crasher Wake in this episode. He did Victor and Doctor Proctor in the first season. The epidode was decent and funny when Meowth tried to smash the bricks only to hurt his paw. OUCH!

A Croagunk Festival in Pastoria City I caught in this episode, and Crasher Wake was there to lead the festivities. How those people were able to tell all those Croagunk apart is beyond me, but Meowth's Croagunk disguise became painfully (pun intended) obvious when he tried to Brick Break all those bricks. At least Ash, Dawn, and Brock had fun during the festival, especially once Nurse Joy's Croagunk rescued the others. Overall, it was Croagunk all the way here, perhaps appropriate for Crasher Wake -- and yours truly.
    Babylon 5, Codename: Kids Next Door, 24, and now, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. I am many things at once, and many people might have different opinions about little, old me. If freedom is my main idea, then harmony, individuality, and modernization are the three attributes I now sense and track. Those three attributes and that idea combined to make the United States of America a great global superpower and Pearlshipping and Wishfulshipping great Pokémon couples, and now, they've combined to make those four shows truly great television programs to me. I will enjoy enthusiastically supporting the Equestrian ponies' adventures for peace, for humankind, for the future.

It was this episode that inspired me to try and breed a Croagunk with Dynamicpunch, Cross Chop, and Vacuum Wave. I had to wait until I got Platinum so I could get Vacuum Wave with the move tutor's help, but I did it.
    FCs: 1564-3330-7308 (X) and 0361-6238-7128 (Y)
    Friend safari types: Fairy and Rock, respectively. PM me with your FC if you add me.

I didn't like so much this episode, don't know why...
    But Croagunk was great. that's all.

4/10.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

I really liked it.

I liked meeting Crasher Wake at the Croagunk festival, although he didn't get much character development. Funny how all the Croagunk looked the same and acted pretty much the same too.

A good way to start off the Pastoria arc. 7/10

Bear with me while I catch up on more than a year's worth of reviews here, folks.

I really enjoyed this episode. I was never big on Crasher Wake in either the game or the anime, but I love all the croagunks in this episode. Meowth didn't do half as bad a job at impersonating a Croagunk either, even though I had to wince when he broke his arm trying to split the bricks. Ow. I liked the hayseed announcer too, he cracks me up every time he appears in the episode. The music for this episode is great too.

Overall, a pretty good episode.
    My Shinies: NEW!! 7/24 NEW!! 7/26 NEW!! 7/29
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: Black1 White1 Diamond Pearl quad hunt
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

Crasher wake is so big, but he's a cool gym leader~
    i liked the festival part ^-^
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

This episode was alright, not too much happened. I did enjoy the festival and seeing Meowth try to use Brick Break but failing miserably. Nice episode.

Team Rocket was catching bunches of Croagunk.... It looked as if Croagunk were more numerous than the people of Pastoria City

This episode was ok... It was cool to see Wake for the 1st time. It made a lot of sense for their to be a Croagunk Festival for this episode. It was interesting how Nurse Joy won, and Brock lost. Considering that the prize was only a crown, I'm not surprised. It was cool to find out that James caught Carnivine in the Great Marsh awhile back. The contest itself didn't make much sense to me... I still don't get how it worked.

20/100

This episode was hilarious! I thought the Croagunk beauty contest was funny because of how the real Croagunk all looked the same and I liked how Dawn had trouble telling them apart. I laughed when I saw Meowth in his Croagunk costume and then again when he failed to break the bricks.

Loved Crasher Wake's personality and his reaction when he realized that he left his Pokemon at the Gym.

The only part I didn't really care for was Nurse Joy's Croagunk winning the crown. I understand why she won, but I was rooting for Brock's Croagunk.
    Last edited by Aquarelle; 25th September 2013 at 8:41 AM.

It did surprised me when Takeshi's Gureggru did not win the Festival since he could break ten bricks in one go. I love these type of fillers in general where usual battles is not heavily involved. It is kind of funny when Nyrath did nise Gureggru and he could not break any of the bricks.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345